Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today (33381 Views)

We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC / APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing / PDP Presidential Aspirants Meet, Sign MOU To Support Whoever Wins The Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by elfico(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2022
Their is bait and switch waiting to happen in this next election. Just can't figure out who or which party..
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2022
Grandpa BAT should better step down for our star boy OSINBAJO...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by colestephan86: 11:17am On Jun 04, 2022
Tissaia:
Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, other South-West presidential aspirants meet today
Eniola Akinkuotu, Tunde Ajaja, Adebayo Folorunsho-Francis and Godfrey George

https://punchng.com/tinubu-osinbajo-fayemi-other-south-west-presidential-aspirants-meet-today/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1654317038
I told someone here to tha , the yorubas know what to do , and how to get it done.
The power must come to them and the will unite to get it
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Mode99: 11:21am On Jun 04, 2022
Peter obi for president!!!
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by keviniyatunde0: 11:31am On Jun 04, 2022
They take it worse because he spoke in Yoruba. So they just see it as insult.They take it worse because he spoke in Yoruba. So they just see it as insult....
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by yemmit90: 11:49am On Jun 04, 2022
Tissaia:
lemme let you on a secret. We northerners voted Buhari because of corruption, we prefer Osibanjo to continue the fight. Tinubu somehow magically clinch the ticket we will vote Atiku, at least Atiku will invest in the north when he steal it. There's no way in hell tinubu becoming Nigeria's president get that into you skull. I repeat there's no way in hell tinubu will become Nigeria's president. Repeat this mantra till you get it

The same north that is head quarter of poverty?

What has your illiterates backwards mentality presidents of Nothern extraction being doing for the region since 1960? I think Amajiri, boko haram, bandits, extremism and poverty right?

If any of you people have sense, you should've stoned all your leaders to death and allow people of functioning brains to rule.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by lagosrd: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2022
Mere waste of time
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Tissaia(f): 12:02pm On Jun 04, 2022
yemmit90:

The same north that is head quarter of poverty?

What has your illiterates backwards mentality presidents of Nothern extraction being doing for the region since 1960? I think Amajiri, boko haram, bandits, extremism and poverty right?

If any of you people have sense, you should've stoned all your leaders to death and allow people of functioning brains to rule.
cry me a river. Tinubu will lose
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by murmee: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
Malory:
Tinubu should back down and support Osinbajo instead of disgracing himself further. Everything seems to be against him
That is the best option but Tinubu will never agree to that.
I am for PYO but for the sake of Yoruba unity, maybe PYO should consider stepping down for BAT. I know that would be difficult as PYO would not want to offend Buhari.
Hmmm, the situation is so Precarious!
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Mccullum: 12:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
Tinubu is not in same class with their fathers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Subomi11: 12:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
Tissaia:
lemme let you on a secret. We northerners voted Buhari because of corruption, we prefer Osibanjo to continue the fight. Tinubu somehow magically clinch the ticket we will vote Atiku, at least Atiku will invest in the north when he steal it. There's no way in hell tinubu becoming Nigeria's president get that into you skull. I repeat there's no way in hell tinubu will become Nigeria's president. Repeat this mantra till you get it

You better not die because of what is beyond you. Only God can stop ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU as the Incoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come May 29, 2023. Know that and know peace

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Thegoodone13(m): 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2022
If care is not taking, Lawal will win. Sw has four aspirations, SE has Three and SS has four but Northern has only Two aspirations and Bello will step down for Lawal. It will just be like PDP selection.
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by jaxxy(m): 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2022
Sunmolar:
It's the southwest vs northeast.....ie Tinubu vs Lawal....the handwriting on the wall, Tinubu to win with a landslide

Tinubu is not a consideration. He has been rejected since even in Saudi Arabia.

U should be talking about osibanjo if at all south west
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Khaysee: 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Too late

Tilumbu want to hide his disgrace and step down to salvage some respect

He must fight dirty o, the disqualified list already have osinbajo, tinubu, amosun in it based on their 60+ age
Beer palour talk you see any signed list?
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by NaijaCars4sale: 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
This is getting interesting
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Khaysee: 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2022
Favorolasupo:
Grandpa BAT should better step down for our star boy OSINBAJO...
Last two election ur star boy loose ordinary polling unit

He has never win any elective position in his life
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Truthisunique2: 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2022
Khaysee:

Beer palour talk you see any signed list?
There is signed list the chairman did the screening himself stated it on channels including the number of those who passed and why they failed.

It's been kept a secret pending the outcome of tomorrow meeting, if tilumbu doesn't play along the list would be out
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by shinealight(m): 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
Malory:
Tinubu should back down and support Osinbajo instead of disgracing himself further. Everything seems to be against him

On the contrary…..Osinbajo should get some sense and withdraw for Tinubu because he was put there by the man as a place-holder!.
Now that he has tasted the good life, he’s allowing the Gambari to sow seeds of discord in Yorubaland….like Akintola before him.
What some people would do for lucre…..How shameful.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Maobichek: 12:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Sunmolar:

I think he had addressed the issues of how he was misquoted in Ogun state

I HAVE HIGH REGARD AND RESPECT FOR PRESIDENT BUHARI

We have entered the meat of primary season. Sensationalism and wilful inaccuracy tend to push aside truth during such moments. I make this statement so that truth and accuracy may have a chance. It is important that people truly know what I said and where I stand. Whatever view you have of me is within your right to make. But let it be based on truth and not on falsehood or reckless exaggeration.

There have been gross misinterpretations in some sections of the media regarding comments I made on Thursday in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital. To a degree, the erroneous interpretations may be somewhat innocent given that I spoke in Yoruba. Those who do not understand the nuances of this richly layered and subtly language may have inadvertently yet erroneously missed the true meaning of what I said while attempting to translate my statement. Instead of weighing what I said carefully, they translated so quickly and thus inaccurately in an attempt to meet media deadlines. Of course, there are also those who knew better but they conveyed these inaccuracies because the sensationalism suits their political purposes.

Again, such propaganda and misinformation becomes daily fare in the heat of the political season. Let's just state what needs to be stated. My opponents want to present a narrative that I made comments disrespectful of President Muhammadu Buhari in hopes that such a narrative would convince President Buhari to oppose my aspirations regarding the approaching primary. President Buhari is an experienced and accomplished leader. I do not believe he will be taken by the tricks of such people.

Let me also erase any doubt. My respect and regard for President Buhari as Commander-in-Chief of this nation and as a person are high and unfailing. I shall never denigrate him. I certainly did not do so in Abeokuta. We have been political partners for a long time and I hope that partnership continues well into the future. I would do nothing to jeopardize it. I believe our party is the best hope for the nation to right itself. I believe I have a future role larger than the one I now have. I also believe President Buhari has a continuing and important role to play even after his tenure as president is over.

Indeed, I consistently supported the president and his administration. Even when the administration has come under intense criticism, my feet have always been planted solidly in defence of the president. The president personally nominated me to coordinate his re-election campaign in 2019. He did this not because I opposed him or because I was indifferent. He did so, because I was firmly with him in 2015 and has stood firmly beside him ever since. When I publicly announced my aspiration to seek the party nomination for the upcoming presidential election, I stressed that my strategic objective was to build on the foundation laid by the Buhari administration. In fact, I believe I was the first aspirant to inform President Buhari of his presidential intention. It was a sign of the respect I have for him and his office. It is unthinkable that I would asperse the leader of the party for which I hope to be the next flag bearer. It makes no sense at all to do such an indelicate, unseemly thing.

In Abeokuta, I spoke to the unwarranted attacks against my person that have been part of the campaign of others. I also recounted the history of the party for those whose memories need repair. There are many who had no role in the birth of the APC and in its many victories. Now that the party has climbed the political summit, they want to claim credit for something they had no part in. However, this cannot be said of President Buhari. I am proud of my role in the advent of the APC and its electoral successes. But President Buhari, of course, stands as the main driver of this success. He was elected president twice. He has borne the weight of national governance for seven years. Nothing can rival that. I would not dare belittle what he has done and what he has meant to the party and nation.

President Buhari is a Nigerian patriot, a man of integrity. These qualities won him tremendous mass support leading to electoral victory in 2015 and 2019. I am proud to have been his partner in the political merger that became the APC and in making history by ousting an incumbent president for the first time in Nigeria.
I make no apologies for seeking the party's nomination. I believe I have something important to offer Nigeria that the other aspirants do not have, although I see them as good and committed Nigerians in their own right. While I want this office, there are certain things I will not do and certain lines I shall not cross. I shall never belittle myself by denigrating the president or his office. I dare not seek an office and disrespect it at the same time.

My aspiration to be President of Nigeria is based on my want to serve the nation and not that I feel some personal entitlement to high office. Governance of this nation is a sacred and solemn duty. It is neither to be given as a favour to someone who is unqualified nor should people be motivated by personal reasons to prevent the most qualified person from attaining the office. The wellbeing of over 200 million souls is at stake. Let us all realise this and act accordingly, I only desire a level-playing ground for all aspirants and an adherence to stipulated rules and due process. If in the fairness of such a process, I do not emerge as the party's candidate, I shall have no complaints regarding an honest primary and will accept the fair outcome as a true democrat.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
June 3, 2022.

This should be spread abroad in the North, Lawal a stunch supporter of BAT should be made to see this and talk to his ppl, his response is what most Northerners are looking at.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by tymicjay77: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
I really loved the way South West politicians are united , unlike the south East. They can't come together under one stadium roof not to talk of a room. Bride and mumu ego is what is killing that to region I swear.
Even is no South West politicians emerge winner(president), the way they are united they will end up getting a better post than the south East and south south . I wish south East and south south can be humble some time, there GRA GRA is always too much , no unity (fake unity) ,they are only committed when commiting crime.....
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hor..see dis one oo..does that mean he wont win any elective position in his life again...abeg!
BTW osinbajo is our next presido..this is not a prediction but a spoiler..
Khaysee:

Last two election ur star boy loose ordinary polling unit

He has never win any elective position in his life
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by blazhykowskyi(m): 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2022
Tissaia:
cry me a river. Tinubu will lose

Tinubu losing doesn't make your life better. He controls Lagos which is more than 50% of Nigeria economy.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Tissaia(f): 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2022
blazhykowskyi:

Tinubu losing doesn't make your life better. He controls Lagos which is more than 50% of Nigeria economy.
is not about bettering my life is about satisfying my ego
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by blazhykowskyi(m): 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Tissaia:
is not about bettering my life is about satisfying my ego

Oh. Good luck. I don't even want Tinubu to win. I want atiku to win so that the SW can go back to regional politics. We fare better when in opposition.
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by MuscularDick(m): 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

Creating multiple accounts to drop this stale lines won't save that thief ass. Tinubu is a political failure.
Better Rest!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by MuscularDick(m): 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2022
Malory:
Rest, okay?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Kanuade: 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Tell us the name of ur saint/holy useless and clueless father as to confirmed ur lulled vituperations. children of perdition
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Kanuade: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2022
and ur father that was a successful politician, was one time what? also remind us his name? olofo to n binu ologo
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by DownChelsea(f): 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Tinubu for Grammy awards

Tinubu latest hit track.

As seen on twitter. grin grin

https://twitter.com/SamsonOgunwoye/status/1533077318905868288?t=SehohLTezUfmvTU58jDV0Q&s=19
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by Klinsman2000: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
It is not the turn of the South West. These leaders from the South West should tell themselves the truth, just the simple truth, and consider a viable candidate from the South East.
Re: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today by oyatz(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2022
joyandfaith:
Osinbajo should go for a national assignment and sends a representative. He shouldn't attend. I am expecting all aspirants in Southern Nigeria should meet. Tinubu’s politics has fragmented the South. Tinubu thinks Afenifere is stupid for insisting on SE or SS presidency. Yoruba need to make sacrifice for the sake of southern unity. Tinubu’s ambition is not Yoruba agenda.

Actually, Atiku's ambition to rule for 8 years after 8years of Buhari is the Yoruba agenda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Receives Mandela's Wife Graca Machel In Lagos (Photos) / Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account / Senator Dino Melaye Is A Disgrace To The Nigerian Senate -tinubu's Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.