Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,402 members, 7,843,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (84216 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by duduspace(m): 1:51am On Oct 25, 2011
And after the 6th day God looked at all he had created and it was very good and God rested from his work. And after the 6th goal Mancini looked at all the destruction he had wrought at Old Trafford and it was very bad. And Mancini and his boys rested from all the evil that they did to Manchester United. And Old Trafford became formless and void and darkness was upon the faces of Man United fans.  grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 8:30am On Oct 25, 2011
We deserve the jokes and ridicule. we'll take it but don't forget. Man utd will never die. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2011
mbulela:

Utd fans, on these blogs anyway, seem to have favourites for no obvious reasons.
Carrick is one of the best players around at shielding a defence ( the best player in midweek against Otelu ) and that is what we desperately need at the moment.
Anderson on the other hand leaves a motorway through the centre of the pitch for the opposition to motor down;
he doesn't tackle, plays simple passes straight to the opposition, huffs and puffs to get back but seeing he's usually ball watching on the wrong side of his man he more often just stands and watches the opposition player disappear into the distance.

At O.T. on Sunday I could hardly believe my eyes how poor he was.
Carrick's technical ability is far superior to Anderson's but on these blogs people seem to think it's the other way round. Is it because he's Brazilian?

This was exactly what I was saying about Carrick in my last couple of posts.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 10:29am On Oct 25, 2011
mbulela:

Utd fans, on these blogs anyway, seem to have favourites for no obvious reasons.
Carrick is one of the best players around at shielding a defence ( the best player in midweek against Otelu ) and that is what we desperately need at the moment.
Anderson on the other hand leaves a motorway through the centre of the pitch for the opposition to motor down;
he doesn't tackle, plays simple passes straight to the opposition, huffs and puffs to get back but seeing he's usually ball watching on the wrong side of his man he more often just stands and watches the opposition player disappear into the distance.

At O.T. on Sunday I could hardly believe my eyes how poor he was.
Carrick's technical ability is far superior to Anderson's but on these blogs people seem to think it's the other way round. Is it because he's Brazilian?

It's not because he's Brazillian - Sharon supports him because Ando paid for his school fees in his last two years of Uni and also paid for his liposuction. grin

Ando is god to Sharon, no amount of talk here can change that. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2011
@ mbulela. Which people are speaking of, please name names.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:13am On Oct 25, 2011
debosky:

It's not because he's Brazillian - Sharon supports him because Ando paid for his school fees in his last two years of Uni and also paid for his liposuction. ;DAndo is god to Sharon, no amount of talk here can change that. grin

deborah, shut your fuckin mouth and be sensible for once. . . . .
by now, you should know how plastic fans reason. any unsatisfactory performance leads them to start looking for scape-goats to blame. who are these scapegoats? players who are not really providing assists/scoring goals on the regular. usual suspects - de gea, rio, anderson, carrick, fletcher, gibson, etc.

what has the loss on sunday gotta do with anderson? go and watch the first half again. he had city in his palms. pinned them down into their half for long spells in the first half. the red card and the lack of organization from fergie cost united the game, not anderson. with his midfield partner shifted to the right back position, was anderson supposed to have become a superman and mark 4 midfielders at a time on the pitch?

who plays 2 strikers with a man down? one of welbeck/rooney should have been sacrificed for jones or fabio.
fergie did none of that and we are here blaming anderson for sunday's loss. you guys need to at least use your brains on these pages for once.
the score wasn't 3-0 before the sending off. it was 1-0(a goal city scored from their first attack) then 5 goals later after evans got sent off.

and for the herbs thinking cleverley is being overhyped on these pages. . . .timesonline has this for you. . . .
--------------------------
United’s exhilarating early-season form has dipped since Cleverley was substituted at the Reebok Stadium after a rash challenge by Kevin Davies, the Bolton forward, but while the loss of the player alone does not explain the downturn in performance, his absence has been keenly felt.

Anderson excelled alongside Cleverley in central midfield before the injury to the latter, but without him, the Brazilian has struggled and looks far less comfortable when paired with Michael Carrick, whose style of play contrasts with the drive and impetus Cleverley offers through the middle.

United were poor in the 3-3 Champions League draw against Basle at Old Trafford last month, when United threw away a two-goal lead, and the England midfield player fared no better against Galati on Tuesday, his underwhelming contribution increasing the burden on Anderson.

Without Cleverley partnering Anderson, United have been more one-paced in central midfield, a loss of tempo that in turn can have an effect on the likes of Ashley Young, Nani and Wayne Rooney, whose bicycle kick earned his team a 2-1 win the last time City visited Old Trafford, in February.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3201735.ece
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2011
Cleverely will soon come back and hopefully, all will be well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by SEGAD: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2011
We need to start looking for another Cleverley by January.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2011
SEGAD:

We need to start looking for another Cleverley by January.

the smartest thing i have read from anyone in the last one week.

mbulela:

Cleverely will soon come back and hopefully, all will be well.

i am sure he's okay to play on sunday but ferguson and his weird choices can leave you red in the face.
cleverley did solo training when the team went to otelul last week. he was fit and ready for the game against city but fergie still played a weird combo of anderson/fletcher.

we go to goodison park again on saturday - yet another banana skin fixture.
i just hope vidic, cleverley and anderson start in that one - we need to win on saturday. dropping 5 points in the last 2 games is not healthy!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2011
@ Sharon

I didn't have any real issues with Ando's performance on Sunday - he did try to put himself about at least and didn't hide away like some other Utd players.

Even if you played Makalele at his prime against all those attacking Citeh players he would've been murked. It was an impossible task.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

the smartest thing i have read from anyone in the last one week.

i am sure he's okay to play on sunday but ferguson and his weird choices can leave you red in the face.
cleverley did solo training when the team went to otelul last week. he was fit and ready for the game against city but fergie still played a weird combo of anderson/fletcher.

we go to goodison park again on saturday - yet another banana skin fixture.
i just hope vidic, cleverley and anderson starts in that one - we need to win on saturday. dropping 5 points in the last 2 games is not healthy!

Wetin na, you be coach or physio, how you come take know. Didn't you not say this before yet were proved wrong.

coogar:

the three of them have been fit as far back as september 24th!
fergie is an old wily fox, if he had played them then the bespectacled capello would have named cleverley/smalling in his england squad - something sir alex wouldn't have wanted!

i fully expect the 3 of them to make it to anfield!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
montelik:

Wetin na, you be coach or physio, how you come take know. Didn't you not say this before yet were proved wrong.

so not playing cleverley on sunday meant he wasn't fit to start?
maybe vidic was injured too. same as owen, js park, macheda, gibson, diouf, etc.

the amount of saliva you produce to suck fergie's balls is peerless. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

so not playing cleverley on sunday meant he wasn't fit to start?
maybe vidic was injured too. same as owen, js park, macheda, gibson, diouf, etc.

the amount of saliva you produce to suck fergie's balls is peerless. grin

I don't know and never speculated either way. You on d other hand, are claiming to know for sure. See d difference. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
montelik:

I don't know and never speculated either way. You on d other hand, are claiming to know for sure. See d difference. grin

i fecking know for sure cos i have got reliable sources at carrington complex.
cleverley has been training with the first team since the 1st week of october.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2011
Hope these are not d same sources that assured you of a certain Wesley in summer.  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2011
duduspace:

And after the 6th day God looked at all he had created and it was very good and God rested from his work. And after the 6th goal Mancini looked at all the destruction he had wrought at Old Trafford and it was very bad. And Mancini and his boys rested from all the evil that they did to Manchester United. And Old Trafford became formless and void and darkness was upon the faces of Man United fans.  grin grin
Even this brainless baboon decides to use Biblical references for humor.
Apparently he wants to prophesy again,but is afraid he'll goof like the last time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
^^^
Who is just not on your spanking radar?
Easy oo.

Oya folks,
enough of the 6-1 bashing, if una go gree oo.
We get game this nite wey we the fans even fit form team win.
But i no fit trust Ferguson and his selections again.

Who's with me on this?

Takers on Aldershot?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
montelik:

Hope these are not d same sources that assured you of a certain Wesley in summer.  grin

yes, they were.
united actually made bids to get sneijder. the terms we offered did not match inter milan's and fergie wasn't going to pay more and the deal was knocked off.

Emperoh:

^^^
Easy oo.

Oya folks,

Who's with me on this?

Takers on Aldershot?

fergie should start the same team against man city at aldershot(minus evans and de gea)!!!
put them in a local stadium where fans of aldershot will mock them over sunday's show of shame. it is what they deserve.

lindegaard
smalling rio jones evra
nani fletcher anderson young
rooney welbeck.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2011
Emperoh:

^^^
Easy oo.

Oya folks,

Who's with me on this?

Takers on Aldershot?

In that case, I will play in goal like I did for my school in my teens.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2011
Just looking at some of the pictures from the bench on Sunday and I couldn't help but notice a certain Mike Phelan just sitting there clueless, scratching his shiny bald head. Na assistant manager be this?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2011
^^ wettin him suppose do, start a mass brawl and poke someone's eye. From Quieroz to Smith to Mclaren, assistants have never been that active on d united bench. Only Brian Kidd was very active on sidelines during his tenure.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
chamotex:

Just looking at some of the pictures from the bench on Sunday and I couldn't help but notice a certain Mike Phelan just sitting there clueless, scratching his shiny bald head. Na assistant manager be this?

i am yet to see a more relaxed assistant manager - pat rice with his glasses still runs to the technical area to tell gervinho he's shyte.
mike phelan is a twunt. in the days of carlos quieroz, he would have run to the pitch to reel out some instructions after evans was sent off and after fletcher scored.

there was mike phelan with his okoro bald head sitting down comfortably like he's usmanov!

montelik:

^^ wettin him suppose do, start a mass brawl and poke someone's eye. From Quieroz to Smith to Mclaren, assistants have never been that active on d united bench. Only Brian Kidd was very active on sidelines during his tenure.

quieroz was very active here.
he tells fergie to leave the situation to him and he handled the biz himself.

The best defensive performances of Ferguson's tenure can probably be traced back to Carlos Queiroz's time as assistant manager.
Many of the players found Queiroz's methods bogged down in specifics – "It was as if he didn't want us having too much fun in the week so we'd be hungrier on Saturday," Gary Neville writes in his autobiography – but it did produce results.

Queiroz's daily routine before the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona in 2008 was to put sit-up mats on the training pitch to mark exactly where he wanted the defenders to be to the nearest yard. "We'd never seen such attention to detail," Neville recalls. "We rehearsed time and again, walking through the tactics slowly with the ball in our hands." United went through over two legs, with Barcelona not scoring in either.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
Before you get things wrong I am huge Quieroz fan. Since his second coming at O.T, I was hoping he would remain at O.T learn enough under SAF and then eventually retire him. I still would favour giving him SAF's seat than hiring some of d top names being linked to job. But you just proved my point with your post. Quieroz's biggest impact was his introduction of new training methods, his wonderful attention to details and solid preparatory skills. There were also other benefits he brought. But d fact is he was never animated in technical area on match days. Brian Kidd is d only assistant I have ever seen during SAF reign that was active from d bench beyond simple stuff like telling certain players to warm up, or passing certain messages back to SAF. After him Mclaren would be next, before Carlos.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
montelik:

In that case, I will play in goal like I did for my school in my teens.

Oya select a fans team to play Aldershot!!
If u like put me on the bench, una go lose die grin grin grin

coogar:

fergie should start the same team against man city at aldershot(minus evans and de gea)!!!
put them in a local stadium where fans of aldershot will mock them over sunday's show of shame. it is what they deserve.

lindegaard
smalling  rio  jones  evra
nani  fletcher anderson young
     rooney    welbeck.

. . . . . .and what does Fergie get for messing up his tactics on a day and MP for being a water melon, yes man assistant gaffer!!

I lost confidence in the man during Fergie's five match ban when SAF has to use a phone to make decisions
What has the man been doing since? I do feel better seeing OGS doing his role than at the reserve team.
MP should swap places with Ole and go back to the reserves. . . .else, get me CQ back!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
We've played Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh now

5 top teams and the top 6 of last season . . . all in the first 9 games.
We can focus on trying to claw some points back now with a good winning streak.

Next up . . . Everton (away). Another tough test and Sunderland after that.
5 points gap is not a disaster at this stage . . . so many more points up for grabs.

real tok . . . its over now lets move on jare . . .ggmu . . . .who's next ?? cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
montelik:

Before you get things wrong I am huge Quieroz fan. Since his second coming at O.T, I was hoping he would remain at O.T learn enough under SAF and then eventually retire him. I still would favour giving him SAF's seat than hiring some of d top names being linked to job. But you just proved my point with your post. Quieroz's biggest impact was his introduction of new training methods, his wonderful attention to details and solid preparatory skills. There were also other benefits he brought. But d fact is he was never animated in technical area on match days. Brian Kidd is d only assistant I have ever seen during SAF reign that was active from d bench beyond simple stuff like telling certain players to warm up, or passing certain messages back to SAF. After him Mclaren would be next, before Carlos.

the few times quieroz saw something could be changed during the game, he stood in the technical area dishing out instructions to the players.
the portugese/brazilian players in our team also played and improved very well under him. he's like a father to them and he pays attention to every detail. he studies the mood, the body chemistry and united's team selection in 07/08 was top draw. unlike what fergie does these days where giggs, neville and scholes must start games(fit or unfit) in goodison, anfield, city stadium, emirates, stamford bridge, etc.

quieroz chose his players based on what would neutralize the opponents.
matter of fact, we should lure him back now if we ever want to win in europe again. after all, he no longer manages a football club or international team. he's a better assistant than mike phelan who is yet to make a single decisive decision since he got promoted. all he knows is wearing different  colours of shorts like debosky did when he was in alagbon prison. grin

Emperoh:

. . . . . .and what does Fergie get for messing up his tactics on a day and MP for being a water melon, yes man assistant gaffer!!

I lost confidence in the man during Fergie's five match ban when SAF has to use a phone to make decisions
What has the man been doing since? I do feel better seeing OGS doing his role than at the reserve team.
MP should swap places with Ole and go back to the reserves. . . .else, get me CQ back!!

fergie travels with the team to aldershot. i hope he gets the father of abuses from the home fans.

mike phelan has never filled me with any confidence. he doesn't even look smart from a distance. he's a yes-man!
a football club of united's size needs proper technical assistants. coaches who actually watch and study the game and can tell fergie this hole and that hole should be plugged.

fergie is almost 70 now and he's beginning to expect the veterans in the team to make certain decisions themselves. he blamed rio and evra for going cavalier after 4-1 when they should have played for pride. how about telling mike phelan to give them that instruction on the pitch.
what stopped mike phelan from analyzing the situation himself and running to the pitch to tell yeye captain evra to close up shop and concede 4-1 defeat?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
Emperoh:

I do feel better seeing OGS doing his role than at the reserve team.
MP should swap places with Ole and go back to the reserves. . . .else, get me CQ back!![/color]

Ole is now doing good things with Molde in Norway. René Meulensteen is quality, SAF and d players have often spoken very promisingly off his contribution as skills development coach as well as his training techniques. He could soon jump above Phelan as 1st assistant.

Emperoh:

Oya select a fans team to play Aldershot!!
If u like put me on the bench, una go lose die grin grin grin

Will put coogar and his solid football brain in d engine room like his beloved Anderson  grin, you can partner him. Ruudie will play upfront like his beloved Berba, tkb will partner him. Starboard to boss d central defence with his stubborness like Vidic grin, ably assisted by chamotex, Effiko and Cristalz as d full backs. With Mr TA and Mbulela flying down d wings. With me in goal Aldershot go hear am. 

grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2011
montelik:

Ole is now doing good things with Molde in Norway. René Meulensteen is quality, SAF and d players have often spoken very promisingly off his contribution as skills development coach as well as his training techniques. He could soon jump above Phelan as 1st assistant.

ole solskjaer should win the norwegian league with molde in a matter of few weeks
rene is quality. a proper technical man.

Will put coogar and his solid football brain in d engine room like his beloved Anderson  grin, you can partner him. Ruudie will play upfront like his beloved Berba, tkb will partner him. Starboard to boss d central defence with his stubborness like Vidic grin, ably assisted by chamotex, Effiko and Cristalz as d full backs. With Mr TA and Mbulela flying down d wings. With me in goal Aldershot go hear am.  grin grin

coogar is a top striker.
in my uni, i scored 456 goals in 498 games before i got the dreaded cruciate knee ligament damage.
i have a certificate to show for this. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
therefore,

Montelik GK

Emperoh            Effiko         Starboard               Cristalz

Chamotex          
                                                                TKB
      Mr TA                                                                      Mbulela

Ruudie
                                                          Coogar

Bench
Coded Guy
Darefestus
Tubabie
Segad
Ogbeche777

Mancs this is the team playing Aldeshot tonight.
All pot bellies will fall tonite. . . . no energy drink, no fainting, full 90 = 5 mins!! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2011
montelik:

He should be in the best position to motivate the players.
Afterall, the role of the assistant is to ASSIST right? Fergie was down and out, it was obvious from his looks . . . I expected Phelan to man up, take the bull by the horns and control/motivate that team. It was like he gave up himself. I'm yet to see any iota of passion in him so far.

I agree that McLaren was very active too but Queiroz was usually at the touchline barking out instructions to the players on a regular basis.

Rene is worldclass . . . a Dutch masterclass . . . it's a shame his main roles are behind closed doors  - training methods and the other technical side of things.

montelik:

Will put coogar and his solid football brain in d engine room like his beloved Anderson  grin, you can partner him. Ruudie will play upfront like his beloved Berba, tkb will partner him. Starboard to boss d central defence with his stubborness like Vidic grin, ably assisted by chamotex, Effiko and Cristalz as d full backs. With Mr TA and Mbulela flying down d wings. With me in goal Aldershot go hear am. 

grin grin grin

Abeg o. I'm a midfield maestro . . . 'Sneijder-like'.
Exactly what United's been missing.

coogar:

coogar is a top striker.
in my uni, i scored 456 goals in 498 games before i got the dreaded cruciate knee ligament damage.

498 games? Coogar, how many years did you spend in uni? grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2011
chamotex:

498 games? Coogar, how many years did you spend in uni? grin grin grin grin

498 games(all competitions)
that includes indoor games(astroturf pitches), 5-a-side, and normal footie.
i'm sure i played more but it was 498 that passed as official games.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

coogar is a top striker.
in my uni, i scored 456 goals in 498 games before i got the dreaded HIV virus.

Which kind of goal were you scoring on all those manchester Single mothers?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.