Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (84445 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

how can signing ashley young be an error when he's one of the top performers this season.
dayokanu, you chat rubbish sometimes. i am sure you think the signing of rooney was an error too.

Dunno why people are making these knee jerk reactions about Ashley. . . .the entire Utd frontline from Rooney to Nani to Hernandez to Valencia are misfiring at the moment, so why expect Ashley to be superlative especially considering he is still adjusting to the Utd side? His early blistering start created an undue sense of expectation in the minds of some cats here.

coogar:

i am happy fergie got served very well. we had this discussion on matchday 5 when you were defending fergie's action of resting rooney. i told you it's gross irresponsibility for fergie to be resting rooney in europe because we were playing newcastle of all sides. as it is, we drew newcastle and we could only gain 1 point out of the last available 6 points in the group. by the time we got to the last group game, the injury had piled up to the point that there was no single natural central midfielder in switzerland: giggs, jones, js park( you won't win many games with those in the midfield).

I disagreed because Rooney wasn't rested, he was recovering from a niggle. The proof of the pudding came on matchday 6 when, despite playing a weaker side than Benfica, Rooney failed to find the net. Given Rooney's failure to find the target in recent games, playing him on matchday 5 would not have made a difference, except getting him crocked to join the ever growing injury list.

In my view, the atrocious un-united defending was the primary undoing. Conceding 5 goals home and away to Basel of all teams? Very ridiculous. If Utd cannot win a home game after scoring 3 goals then the defence is clearly to blame. Now whether this is due to poor personnel or a consequence of the injuries is another matter altogether.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
When was the last time Ashley had a decent game? This guy isnt even a guaranteed shirt holder for a mediocre Engerland

Ashley young would never play for Bayern, Barca, Real nor even be a reserve for Germany

Rooney, Nani have the talent and the class even if they are not in form

Young is just the typical talentless England player like Downing, Lennon, Agbonlahor, etc who can never make it at the top level best he would be is a squad player
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2011
debosky:

Dunno why people are making these knee jerk reactions about Ashley. . . .the entire Utd frontline from Rooney to Nani to Hernandez to Valencia are misfiring at the moment, so why expect Ashley to be superlative especially considering he is still adjusting to the Utd side? His early blistering start created an undue sense of expectation in the minds of some cats here.

he is not doing badly at all. rooney is the worst player in that attack.
i dunno what's going on in his mind. maybe he wants to join his dad in prison or something. there was this beautiful cross nani pinged to rooney against basel. rooney missed from 4 yards. it's the worst miss in the competition this season. much much more worse than the torres miss against united.

I disagreed because Rooney wasn't rested, he was recovering from a niggle. The proof of the pudding came on matchday 6 when, despite playing a weaker side than Benfica, Rooney failed to find the net. Given Rooney's failure to find the target in recent games, playing him on matchday 5 would not have made a difference, except getting him crocked to join the ever growing injury list.

it would have made a difference because united had a stronger midfield personnel on matchday 5. united were also at home on matchday 5.
rooney had no niggle. fergie just rested him for his own pathetic reason. let's even assume rooney had herpes he was curing. what about hernandez? why wait till the 85th minute to play hernandez when it was obvious the front line were not up to the task.

idiotic rotational policy killed fergie this season - it will serve him a lesson in future.
messi played full 90 mins in 5 games. it's not like barcelona don't have domestic games to play as well. why do english clubs rest players in the champions league. i can understand resting them after qualification has been sorted. fergie did the opposite.

In my view, the atrocious un-united defending was the primary undoing. Conceding 5 goals home and away to Basel of all teams? Very ridiculous. If Utd cannot win a home game after scoring 3 goals then the defence is clearly to blame. Now whether this is due to poor personnel or a consequence of the injuries is another matter altogether.

the defence has nothing to do with this, debosky. the 3-3 game against basel at old trafford was matchday 2. there was plenty of time to recover from that disappointing display. listen to me carefully now. after matchday 4, united topped the group. there were 6 points to play for then.
one game at old trafford against benfica. . . .the other game @ switzerland against basel.

had fergie played his strongest possible team against benfica. . . . united would have qualified even before the basel game.
fergie gambled with that game resting rooney and hernandez. united could only draw thus leaving it till the last day away from home. by then, the injury list had piled up to the point that there was no natural midfielder in the starting xi of man utd.

matchday 5 ruined fergie, not matchday 6.

dayokanu:

When was the last time Ashley had a decent game? This guy isnt even a guaranteed shirt holder for a mediocre Engerland

he is just recovering from an ankle injury. his form is shoddy.

Ashley young would never play for Bayern, Barca, Real nor even be a reserve for Germany

and metresacker/badstuber play for germany.
sometimes your mouth has the same wall dimension as a cesspit.

Rooney, Nani have the talent and the class even if they are not in form

ashley young easily fits into their class. his blistering form at the start of the season has been hindered by injury.
same can be said of rooney, valencia, nani, etc.

Young is just the typical talentless England player like Downing, Lennon, Agbonlahor, etc who can never make it at the top level best he would be is a squad player

he doesn't even need to be at the top level of ronaldo, messi, etc to perform for man utd.
valencia isn't half as talented as young when he became the best right winger in the league.

all your megedefegede is pissing in the wind.
aaron lennon and ashley young are quality wingers. top quality wingers.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

idiotic rotational policy killed fergie this season - it will serve him a lesson in future.
messi played full 90 mins in 5 games. it's not like barcelona don't have domestic games to play as well. why do english clubs rest players in the champions league. i can understand resting them after qualification has been sorted. fergie did the opposite.

I don't think it was idiotic - Wenger rested RVP and Walcott against Olympiakos at home and Arsenal won, the players let Fergie down!

the defence has nothing to do with this, debosky. the 3-3 game against basel at old trafford was matchday 2. there was plenty of time to recover from that disappointing display. listen to me carefully now. after matchday 4, united topped the group. there were 6 points to play for then.
one game at old trafford against benfica. . . .the other game @ switzerland against basel.

My bad, but the point remains - why should Utd concede 3 goals against Basel of all teams? The extra two points from a good performance there are no different from getting an extra two against Benfica. The defence botched things!

had fergie played his strongest possible team against benfica. . . . united would have qualified even before the basel game.
fergie gambled with that game resting rooney and hernandez. united could only draw thus leaving it till the last day away from home. by then, the injury list had piled up to the point that there was no natural midfielder in the starting xi of man utd.

matchday 5 ruined fergie, not matchday 6.

I disagree! Going into the last game needing only a draw is not too much to ask from a Utd team with Rooney, Nani and co on the pitch!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2011
debosky:

I don't think it was idiotic - Wenger rested RVP and Walcott against Olympiakos at home and Arsenal won, the players let Fergie down!

olympiakos are not basel, my friend!!!
una don start una nonsense comparisons be that.

My bad, but the point remains - why should Utd concede 3 goals against Basel of all teams? The extra two points from a good performance there are no different from getting an extra two against Benfica. The defence botched things!

debosky - qualifying in the champions league is a simple format. beat all your opponents at home then win/draw a game away from home and qualification is sorted. united drew their first game, drew their 2nd game. . . .they then beat otelul home and away. that was 8 points from 4 games.

the fact that fergie had struggled against basel earlier in the competition at old trafford should have inspired him to play his strongest team against benfica at old trafford. predictably, fergie did not even start rooney and hernandez @ old trafford. this was a manager that had to rely on ashley young(substitute) to score the equaliser in the 92nd minute to beat basel on matchday 2 of the competition.

united's game was on a tuesday and we were playing a league game on saturday(not mancity, not arsenal, not chelsea, not liverpool) but against newfuckingcastle. in other words, fergie rested his strikers for newcastle at the expense of winning against benfica.

does that make sense to you?

I disagree! Going into the last game needing only a draw is not too much to ask from a Utd team with Rooney, Nani and co on the pitch!

but midfielders have to craft those chances for nani, rooney and co on the pitch.
you underestimate a good midfield, that is your problem. the team still had enough midfielders to spare on matchday 5 at old trafford and had fergie taken that game serious, he wouldn't have needed to go to switzerland on the last day to secure qualification.

how do you expect the team to do well(away from home), i repeat(away from home) in the coldest country in europe with a midfield of js park, giggs and phil jones. which of these players is a natural midfielder? basel knew all they had to do was make life difficult for united and score. playing at home, it wasn't much of a big task as arsene wenger found out against olympiakos in the last group game.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2011
What has Ashley Young done in his career that shows he is above average.

a 26yr old who has 18 caps for National team a mediocre NT like England for that matter.

Were Ashley Young German he would never play. When Ozil, Gotze, Muller, Reus, Kroos, Khedira, Marin Schurrle, Holtby are not only more talented, they are all younger than Ashley.

He cant even fit into the German Under 21.

Ashley Young fit into the class of Rooney and nani? What has he ever done in his life to get that? A player who was still in midtable Aston Villa up till 6 months ago, Not even Villas best player. and now in the same class as Rooney and nani?

The nonsense you spew atimes makes me wonder.

Lennon and Young quality wingers? Maybe since for England Barry is a quality player, Anyone can be quality for England no wonder they cant even play a major final in almost 50yrs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

a 26yr old who has 18 caps for National team a mediocre NT like England for that matter.

Were Ashley Young German he would never play. When Ozil, Gotze, Muller, Reus, Kroos, Khedira, Marin Schurrle, Holtby are not only more talently, they are all younger than Ashley.

He cant even fit into the German Under 21.

Ashley Young fit into the class of Rooney and nani? What has he ever done in his life to get that? A player who was still in midtable Aston Villa up till 6 months ago, Not even Villas best player. and now in the same class as Rooney and nani?

The nonsense you spew atimes makes me wonder.

Lennon and Young quality wingers? Maybe since for England Barry is a quality player, Anyone can be quality for England no wonder they cant even play a major final in almost 50yrs

ashley young
07/08 - 8 goals/17 assists
08/09 - 8 goals/11 assists
09/10 - 9 goals/16 assists
10/11 - 9 goals/14 assists

luis nani
07/08 - 4 goals/11 assists
08/09 - 6 goals/2 assists
09/10 - 7 goals/9 assists
10/11 - 10 goals/20 assists

mr dayokanu, i want you to compile the statistics of ozil, goetze, muller and kroos - i will not even bother with the idiotic no-mark players you also included in the list. after listing the stats of the players i have asked you - if none of them measure up to ashley young statistically, then don't come back on this thread for the next one week. if you attempt it, then you have no scruples and obviously no decorum.

i am waiting. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Were Ashley Young German he would never play. When Ozil, Gotze, Muller, Reus, Kroos, Khedira, Marin Schurrle, Holtby are not only more talently, they are all younger than Ashley.

Nairaland is a great place to learn new words! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

ashley young
07/08 - 8 goals/17 assists
08/09 - 8 goals/11 assists
09/10 - 9 goals/16 assists
10/11 - 9 goals/14 assists

luis nani
07/08 - 4 goals/11 assists
08/09 - 6 goals/2 assists
09/10 - 7 goals/9 assists
10/11 - 10 goals/20 assists

mr dayokanu, i want you to compile the statistics of ozil, goetze, muller and kroos - i will not even bother with the idiotic no-mark players you also included in the list. after listing the stats of the players i have asked you - if none of them measure up to ashley young statistically, then don't come back on this thread for the next one week. if you attempt it, then you have no scruples and obviously no decorum.

i am waiting. . . . .

Appearance
2007/2008 Nani 26, Young 38
2008/2009 nani 24 Young 47
2009/2010 Nani 32 Young 48
2010/2011 Nani 42 Young 38

The only season Nani played a similar number of games to Young we can see what their stats looked like
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Appearance
2007/2008 Nani 26, Young 38
2008/2009 nani 24  Young 47
2009/2010 Nani 32 Young 48
2010/2011 Nani 42 Young 38

The only season Nani played a similar number of games to Young we can see what their stats looked like

this is why you fail in exams. i have asked you to show me the stats of ozil, goetze and kroos, you are busy spitting megedefegede about nani and young. this current season while playing in the same team, under the same manager. . . .

young: 2 goals, 5 assists, 13 key passes, 10 appearances, 811 league minutes
--nani: 3 goals, 4 assists, 23 key passes, 14 appearances, 1062 league minutes

mr dayokanu, are you sure you don't want to edit your nonsense post earlier?

i stand by my statement that ashley young puts the c in creativity even in a mid-table team(aston villa) where they are not expected to score as many goals as man utd, chelsea, man city, etc. if you still think ashley young is mediocre after you have failed to provide any substantial evidence that his german counterparts are better, then you are a tool!

germany midfielders my arse. the only time german players are good is when they play for the country.
at club level, they are all shyte bar one or two.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2011
Age 20
Ozil 4 goals 15 assists
Muller 19 goals 10 assist

Age 21
Ozil 9 goals 14 assist
Muller  18 goals 16 assists

Last season
Young 9 goals 14 assists
Ozil 8 goals 25 assists
Muller 18 goals 16 assist

So where do we start the comparison?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

germany midfielders my arse. the only time german players are good is when they play for the country.
at club level, they are all shyte bar one or two.

Mesut Ozil made 25 assists for Real Madrid last season I guess that was his country

Muller had 18 goals and 16 assists for Bayern last season I guess his country is Germany

2009/2010 season Muller has 19 goals and 10 assist I guess he was playing for Germany in those games

The amount of shyt you spew on a daily basis can sink the titanic

Young is mediocre which is even a compliment for his lack of talent
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Age 20
Ozil 4 goals 15 assists

we are comparing a striker to a winger now?
you will always be a disgrace to germany and bayern munich. grin cheesy grin

what statistics is 4 goals + 15 assists for ozil? in madrid or werder bremen?
be clear with your stats. . . . .you are dealing with an intellectual here.

Age 21
Ozil 9 goals 14 assist

these statistics are from where, mr oga?

Last season
Young 9 goals 14 assists
Ozil 8 goals 25 assists

well, ozil moved to real madrid last season. . . . .young was still playing for villa.
the comparison is lop-sided as ozil has more quality strikers to finish off chances than bent, agbolahan and heskey.

so this season. . . .(with both players in 2 top teams).
ozil, 0 goals + 5 assists in 14 appearances
young, 2 goals + 5 assists in 10 appearances

muller doesn't count - he's a striker in a shittier league too.

dayokanu:

Mesut Ozil made 25 assists for Real Madrid last season I guess that was his country

playing for a top team where he copped a whooping 53 appearances.
it's not earth-moving. he spent more time on the pitch to cop those assists.

Muller had 18 goals and 16 assists for Bayern last season I guess his country is Germany

muller is a striker. i don't know when muller and ashley young play in the same position.
what about the other army of lunatics you listed? their statistics didn't come up on the computer? grin grin grin

2009/2010 season Muller has 19 goals and 10 assist I guess he was playing for Germany in those games

yet again, this is immaterial statistics.
only a raving lunatic would compare the statistics of a striker to an out n out winger like ashley young.
very soon, you would compare gomez's stats with nani.

The amount of shyt you spew on a daily basis can sink the titanic

this is what i should be saying about you.
you listed 8 different players and all you could scoop out was the stats of a striker and a player that made a move to a big club that scored 105 league goals last season. grin cheesy ashley young in real madrid with 53 apps would cop 40 assists.

Young is mediocre which is even a compliment for his lack of talent

far better than his german counterparts.

ashley young even has a better statistics than nani. grin
yet, you wouldn't say nani is mediocre or the zombies of germany are better than nani.

now, young's stats shyte on nani and young is mediocre and he lacks talent.
this kind of reasoning is akin to a man whose brains got sucked out by dyson vacuum cleaner and replaced with pap made from ogbomoso.

dayokanu, allow me to say this(no offence), you are a philandering phat phool!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Ibime(m): 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Age 20
Ozil 4 goals 15 assists

Age 21
Ozil 9 goals 14 assist

Last season
Young 9 goals 14 assists
Ozil 8 goals 25 assists

Death! grin

coogar:

we are comparing a striker to a winger now?

muller is a striker.

Since when did Muller become a striker? Last time I checked, Bayern line up like this:

Schweini Kroos

Robben Muller Ribery

Gomez

whilst Germany line up like this

Schweini Kroos

Muller Ozil Podolski

Gomez

whilst Villa line up this:

Petrov Midfielder

Albrighton Young Downing

Bent

And Manure line up with Young as left-winger.

In what way do their position on the pitch vary?

Sauron. . . . . . . . . . shut your gob!!! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2011
Ibime:

Since when did Muller become a striker? Last time I checked, Bayern line up like this:
muller is a 2nd striker for bayern munich when they play 4-4-2.

Schweini       Kroos

Robben             Muller                     Ribery

Gomez

bayern play 4-4-2/4-2-3-1.
we are talking about their contribution in the last 3-4 seasons where muller played as a second striker plenty of times.

whilst Germany line up like this

Schweini        Kroos

Muller               Ozil                Podolski

Gomez

irrelevant. . . . . .their national team line up is not a matter of discussion.

whilst Villa line up this:

Petrov         Midfielder

Albrighton                Young                Downing

Bent

what a disgrace from phat phool ibime!

ashley young spent 4 seasons at aston villa playing as a winger. . . .albrighton?
when did he start playing for aston villa to even merit a mention in this debate?

cheiiii, ibime - your intelligence quotient keeps diminishing.
i will be right back to calculate the half-life of your brain-cells. grin grin grin grin

And Manure line up with Young as left-winger.
In what way do their position on the pitch vary?
Sauron. . . . . . . . . . shut your gob!!!  grin grin

so you admit ashley young plays as a left winger for man utd?
and ashley young now playing in a top team like ozil, muller and nani has better statistics?

so why are we arguing?

2011/12.

muller: 2 goals, 4 assists, 15 appearances, 1281 mins
young: 2 goals, 5 assists, 10 appearances, 811 mins
nani:---3 goals, 4 assists, 14 appearances, 1062 mins
ozil:----0 goals, 5 assists, 14 appearances, XXXX mins.

obdurate w@nker, ibime. . . . .get your ipad and tell me the most effective player in this group.
answers on a postcard, please!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2011
This illiterate keeps talking

When has bayern ever played 4-4-2 in the last 3 seasons?

Everyone in the world and their dogs know Bayern and now every team in Germany plays 4-2-3-1

I always told you when it comes to European footie you are a neophyte
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2011
I just find it amusing that guys are trying to blame SAF for not playing this or playing that. . . . . . . .its not about the personnel or selection, its about the bulk of those lads not playing at the very top of their game when they needed to! They and not SAF, have let us down!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2011
Ibime thanks for the schooling of Sharon

What does he know

if Muller was the striker, what is Gomez? When everyone in Bundesliga plays 4-2-3-1?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2011
this is what i should be saying about you.
you listed 8 different players and all you could scoop out was the stats of a striker and a player that made a move to a big club that scored 105 league goals last season. ashley young in real madrid with 53 apps would cop 40 assists.

Andreas Schurrle at age 20: 20 goals 4 assist for Mainz

Mario Gotze at age 18: 6 goals 11assists
At age 19 (current season) 6 goals 8 assists

Toni kroos age 19

9 goals 9 assists
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

This illiterate keeps talking

When has bayern ever played 4-4-2 in the last 3 seasons?

Everyone in the world and their dogs know Bayern and now every team in Germany plays 4-2-3-1

I always told you when it comes to European footie you are a neophyte

you are a glorified simpleton.
on 10th july 2010, at exactly 5.14pm---which falls within the last 3 seasons. . . . .

dayokanu:
For which thread?

Van gaals preferred method is a 4-3-3 which emphasizes possesion. 4-2-3-1 is also a variation of 4-3-3 IMO but due to injuries we couldnt play it consistently and deferred to 4-4-2 atimes.

e.g in Turin we went 4-4-2 with Gomez and olic in front. When you see any two of Gomez, Olic and Klose on the field thats 4-4-2 cos they are out and out strikers but when we use 1 of them its 4-3-3. Muller might play as a false striker

Most games we start 4-3-3 but when we need goals desperately we go 4-4-2.

i love nairaland for the fact that all these pathetic old posters have archives where one can lift out their old comments.
pick that out, you epileptic homoerotic patient. grin

dayokanu:

Andreas Schurrle at age 20: 20 goals 4 assist for Mainz

Mario Gotze at age 18: 6 goals 11assists
At age 19 (current season) 6 goals 8 assists

Toni kroos age 19

9 goals 9 assists

dayokanu, age means nothing.
i would expect an intellectual to know such but then your brain-cells have deteriorated.
each player has his own trajectory in the development. some players don't hit their peaks until late 20s whilst some peak at 18.

if we go by your idiotic rants, michael owen should be the best striker in the universe. at 18, he was scoring more goals than any kid in history.
by 26, he was finished as a striker. on the other hand, you have strikers who are rubbish in their mid-20s and are hitting great strides in their late 20s(eg. luca toni, di natale, etc).

dayo, coogar is your intellectual father!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2011
Marko Reus at age 21: 12 goals 9 assists

Marco reus current season 11 goals 1 assist
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2011
I can see d inquisition has begun. To all pple wey sabi pass d manager. Please send your resume to Manchester United, Sir Matt Busby Way Old Trafford Manchester M16 0RA.  grin

Fact is players failed. It had nothing to do with selections, tactics or anything. Every single game we played in d UCL this season we had a starting eleven that should have easily gotten d result (except maybe Benfica away). It always easy to look back and say, if this guy started or that guy played, we should have played this formation. But every game we put out a team that should easily have won. D issue is not selection, its inexperience, arrogance and over-confidence. Scoring 3 against Basel and then getting carried away at home, rolling in to Zurich expecting that possession will automatically lead to goals. You could see it in all our games. We even struggled against Otelul d whipping boys of d group. It seems like some of them just thought it would drop into their laps by virtue of being finalist last year.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Marko Reus at age 21: 12 goals 9 assists

Marco reus current season 11 goals 1 assist

but we all know bundesliga is shyte na.
how can you compare ashley young of the premier league to marco reus of bundesliga?

dang it - i am struggling to cope with your line of reasoning.
on one side of your mouth, bayern often played 4-4-2. . . . on the other side, bayern never played 4-4-2 in the last 3 seasons.

dayokanu, you are a glorified zombie!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

you are a glorified simpleton.
on 10th july 2010, at exactly 5.14pm---which falls between the last 3 seasons. . . . .

i love nairaland for the fact that all these pathetic old posters have archives where one can lift out their old comments.
pick that out, you epileptic homoerotic patient. grin

The money spent on your education should have been spent feeding swines

Can anyone who is literate read and traslate this for coogar?

For which thread?

Van gaals preferred method is a 4-3-3 which emphasizes possesion. 4-2-3-1 is also a variation of 4-3-3 IMO but due to injuries we couldnt play it consistently and deferred to 4-4-2 atimes.

e.g in Turin we went 4-4-2 with Gomez and olic in front. When you see any two of Gomez, Olic and Klose on the field thats 4-4-2 cos they are out and out strikers but when we use 1 of them its 4-3-3. Muller might play as a false striker

When you see Gomez, Klose and olic on the field thats 4-4-2. Where did you see Muller in this, and How many times have you seen 2 of those 3 on the same field together?

Most games we start 4-3-3 but when we need goals desperately we go 4-4-2

And what is so difficult to understand in this? many teams when searching for goals yank off defenders for Strikers.

How many strikers did Manure end up with on the field vs Basel? Was that a reflection of their tactics for the day?

In European football, I repeat you are wayy inferior, Reading opta and other website wont give you football intelligence, If you dont have it by age 19 you cant have it again for life
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
coogar:

but we all know bundesliga is shyte na.
how can you compare ashley young of the premier league to marco reus of bundesliga?

dang it - i am struggling to cope with your line of reasoning.
on one side of your mouth, bayern often played 4-4-2. . . . on the other side, bayern never played 4-4-2 in the last 3 seasons.

dayokanu, you are a glorified zombie!

Bundesliga is shyte, No wonder BL players go to the world cup and shyte on everyone

No wonder a Demba ba who made 25 goals in 2.5 Bl seasons is already on 16 EPL goal in less than one calendar year

No wonder Roque Santa Cruz who was a failure in the BL scored 19 goals in one EPL seasons

No wonder players like Aguero, Silva, Mata, Torres who were average in the La Liga are ruling the EPL now

No wonder the top 2 EPL teams are in Europa league

No wonder, no wonder
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

The money spent on your education should have been spent feeding swines
Can anyone who is literate read and traslate this for coogar?
For which thread?

i know you would deny it.
i am sure mukina2 logged in with your username and posted that.

When you see Gomez, Klose and olic on the field thats 4-4-2. Where did you see Muller in this, and How many times have you seen 2 of those 3 on the same field together?
And what is so difficult to understand in this? many teams when searching for goals yank off defenders for Strikers.

Muller might play as a false striker - Dayokanu 2010.

How many strikers did Manure end up with on the field vs Basel? Was that a reflection of their tactics for the day?

2---rooney and macheda.
welbeck played as a left winger. nani on the right. grin

In European football, I repeat you are wayy inferior, Reading opta and other website wont give you football intelligence, If you dont have it by age 19 you cant have it again for life

you have been left with poop on your face.

i have listed the statistics of nani, muller, ozil and young(this season).
there's no significant difference between bayern munich, real madrid and man utd in terms of strength.

some would even argue man utd is not as strong as madrid and bayern and yet in 2011/12, ashley young has performed better.
dayo - say it again? was signing young an error or not?

i am sure you won't answer that question. . . . .you moronic swine! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Bundesliga is shyte, No wonder BL players go to the world cup and shyte on everyone

No wonder a Demba ba who made 25 goals in 2.5 Bl seasons is already on 16 EPL goal in less than one calendar year

No wonder Roque Santa Cruz who was a failure in the BL scored 19 goals in one EPL seasons

No wonder players like Aguero, Silva, Mata, Torres who were average in the La Liga are ruling the EPL now

No wonder the top 2 EPL teams are in Europa league

No wonder, no wonder

bundesliga

one champions league final in 10 seasons. grin
no german player has one the champions league in 11 seasons.
no german player has won on the continent in 11 seasons
no bundesliga team has won anything in the continent in 11 seasons.

bundesliga is so wack, they should be zeroed!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
You knwledge of football is shocking

Can a real striker play as a false striker? is English your problem or Just basic football knowledge

Arshavin once played as a false striker means he is a striker?

Man Utd on Wednesday started with Rooney and asa alone striker how many did they end with?

You see how your knowledge of football fails like Shomolu NEPA?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

You knwledge of football is shocking
Can a real striker play as a false striker? is English your problem or Just basic football knowledge

the most idiotic question i have been asked in my 10 yrs of blogging.
of course, a real striker can play as a false striker. messi plays as a false striker for barcelona.
rooney in 09/10 played as a false striker for man utd in many games.

what is this tool talking about? false striker is a role. . . . .travel deep to hold the ball and leave your markers to mark space.
if one of the markers follow you upfield, the space he left would then be utilized by runners/wingers/etc. a ploy used by many strikers to fool thomas vermaelen time n time again that season.

for more education to improve your idiocy coefficient. . . .
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/01/31/arsenal-1-3-manchester-united-wayne-rooney-brilliantly-demonstrates-the-value-of-a-false-nine/

Arshavin once played as a false striker means he is a striker?

arshavin played as a supporting striker/attacking midfielder/play in the hole.

Man Utd on Wednesday started with Rooney and asa alone striker how many did they end with?
You see how your knowledge of football fails like Shomolu NEPA?

nope. . . .your knowledge of football is so shallow, a worm wouldn't survive in it.
what an idiotic football pundit.

on wednesday, according to dayokanu. . . . . .man utd started with 5 defenders(smalling, jones, rio, vidic, evra),4 wingers(park, giggs, young, valencia) and 1 strike(rooney). grin  there was no player in the central midfield at all. grin grin grin

------------------de gea-------------------
----smalling--rio--jones--vidic--evra---

nani----------------------------------young
park----------------------------------giggs
-------------------rooney-------------------
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2011
What are you ranting about It has been proven on this thread that your football knowledge ranks at par with that of a larva.

Young is an average striker.

Muller doesnt play as a striker for Bayern neither club nor country

Lets start from these baby steps, when you properly digest this, then we can go into more intricate footballing issues

For someone who claims Bayern plays 4-4-2 in this age then its no use. Table soccer seems to be your forte not football
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu, age means nothing.
i would expect an intellectual to know such but then your brain-cells have deteriorated.
each player has his own trajectory in the development. some players don't hit their peaks until late 20s whilst some peak at 18.

if we go by your idiotic rants, michael owen should be the best striker in the universe. at 18, he was scoring more goals than any kid in history.
by 26, he was finished as a striker. on the other hand, you have strikers who are rubbish in their mid-20s and are hitting great strides in their late 20s(eg. luca toni, di natale, etc).

dayo, coogar is your intellectual father!

Age means nothing? Seriously?

Why didnt Messi win Ballon D or in 1998? or why didnt Ronaldo Lima win in 2009?

Cos when you present stats of Ashley Young in 2007, Were you expecting similar stats in 2007 of Muller, Ozil, Kroos, Schurrle, Reus or Gotze who was in JS3 or SS1

You are so dumb if thats what you are expecting infact Antione Dodson puts it properly

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW4ibv_zjUaAZT0y2k9EvvS3gJaVUb3ot1Mc7tlzuIW38hu_LmbA[/img]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2011
dayokanu:

What are you ranting about It has been proven on this thread that your football knowledge ranks at par with that of a larva.

spoken like a true homoerotic nuisance. . . . .coming from a zombie that said a normal striker cannot play as a false striker. grin grin grin grin
your football knowledge is non-existent. i have told u times without number you know nada.

Young is an average striker.

ashley young is a winger, you ninny!

Muller doesnt play as a striker for Bayern neither club nor country

you told us he does/did. grin cheesy
bayern has played 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 in the last 3 seasons.

Lets start from these baby steps, when you properly digest this, then we can go into more intricate footballing issues
For someone who claims Bayern plays 4-4-2 in this age then its no use. Table soccer seems to be your forte not football

you told us so in july 2010.
the quotes are there. . . . .go to your archives and check your idiotic ramblings last summer.
i did not write it, you did. grin

dayokanu:

Age means nothing? Seriously?

different trajectory for different players.
ronaldo became world player of the year at the age of 19. . . . .@ 19, zidane was probably the worst midfielder in his academy.

Why didnt Messi win Ballon D or in 1998? or why didnt Ronaldo Lima win in 2009?

age means shyte. . . . . .like i told you - some players are early developers whilst some are late bloomers.
which of this is ambiguous for you to grab. who was makelele at the age of 19?

Cos when you present stats of Ashley Young in 2007, Were you expecting similar stats in 2007 of Muller, Ozil, Kroos, Schurrle, Reus or Gotze who was in JS3 or SS1

don't be such a tool!
i presented the stats of ashley young in 2007 to counter that of nani.

keep your eyes on the ball. . . . . .you said signing young was an error. i replied that you must be a tool to come up with that n said young is in the same class as nani and rooney. . . . .

idiotically, you came back ranting about his age and the number of caps. . . . .then i countered back with nani vs young stats.
foolishly, you came back again to compare young to the no-mark german players who would never win the champions league. . .

then. . . .i brought you back to earth and said. . . .the stats of ozil/muller vs young in the previous seasons don't count. . . .they were playing in bigger clubs with more quality players than ashley young's aston villa and we should focus on this season as everyone of them now plays in big teams.

finally, i printed their stats this season. . . . .and without a shadow of doubt, ashley young has performed much much better than his counterparts including nani. this was just me proving you wrong that ashley young's acquisition wasn't an error.

2011/12 season

muller: 2 goals, 4 assists, 15 appearances, 1281 mins
young: 2 goals, 5 assists, 10 appearances, 811 mins
nani:---3 goals, 4 assists, 14 appearances, 1062 mins
ozil:----0 goals, 5 assists, 14 appearances, XXXX mins.

dayokanu, your german players took a helluva beating from ashley young. grin grin grin grin
statistics said so.

You are so dumb if thats what you are expecting infact Antione Dodson puts it properly

if being foolish was a felonious crime, dayokanu would get death paragraphs!
you have lost your ability to comprehend and you are a tool of copious proportions. you should go back home - lock yourself in the closet and weep profusely for being a w@nker. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.