Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,566 members, 7,861,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:52 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (84810 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by r231(m): 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2012
chamotex:

My point!

wsup bro. . . . Happy new yr

are you guys on break or something, was at the field yesterday nobody turned up

btw una owe me ma petrol money grin grin grin grin making me do all that driving no footie grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
r231:

wsup bro. . . . Happy new yr

are you guys on break or something, was at the field yesterday nobody turned up

btw una owe me ma petrol money grin grin grin grin making me do all that driving no footie grin grin

It was one of the guys birthday that's why cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 23, 2012
I agree with coogar,
Welbeck was a terrific waste last night.
Those three chances that he missed when placed through on goal should have had at one at the back of the net at the very least.
For all his workrate, he is paid to score goals. If this rubbish is what he is using as a yardstick to demand for 60k a week,then he's on the wrong boat.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 9:21am On Jan 23, 2012
^^^^
in a world where Ashravin earns 90k?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 9:26am On Jan 23, 2012
You guys are overly harsh on Welbeck. You are expecting him to perform like the finished article when he clearly still developing. He had 3 good chances yesterday, scored one was unlucky with the one Mertesacker cleared off the line and was poor with one. Really not enough to call him a terrible waste yesterday considering his overall performance.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2012
Mr_TA:

You guys are overly harsh on Welbeck. You are expecting him to perform like the finished article when he clearly still developing. He had 3 good chances yesterday, scored one was unlucky with the one Mertesacker cleared off the line and was poor with one. Really not enough to call him a terrible waste yesterday considering his overall performance.
Welbeck is holding out for 60k a week. That shambolic performance should see him docked wages till he improves his output.
He had three clear chances put through on goal as highlighted succintly by coogar which he missed.
His goal was from point blank range (anyone coulda done that).
People are purring over his performance yesterday.
Musta been watching a different game cus the one i saw was a terrible waste.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
mbulela:

i just don't get it.
Jones is not a better full back than Rafael and might never be.
How will Rafael get better when make shifts are benching him?
he played a stormer last week and finds himself on the bench today.

that is because alex ferguson can sometimes be a simpleton.
walcott was even giving jones too much trouble yesterday until he did his ankle. . . .the moment rafael came on, walcott had to run to evra's side of the pitch.
then the duel between rafael and chamberlain started and rafael did well containing the winger. . . .

arsenal's goal came about when rafael counter-attacked and valencia lost his common sense to cover for rafael.
rooney had to take some blame too. he delayed the pass to rafael for so long and by the time he made the pass, koscielny had closed down rafael.
rafael is our best right back. . . .the only reason fergie benches him is his height cos fergie wants a minimum of 1 midget in the defence line against certain teams. having evra and rafael/fabio in the same defence is risky against the likes of stoke fc and arsenal.

Mr_TA:

he's a striker. . . . .he's been nominated to lead the attack with rooney tucking behind him.
how can a man utd striker squander 3-4 chances with 3 of those chances a one-v-one with the goalie. it's sacrilegious. . . .
the one v one against szczesny that metresacker cleared off the line was painful to watch. . . . .the last one where he lost his legs was a disgrace in a match of that quality. what was he thinking.

if we had lost or drawn, you wouldn't have the mouth to say we are harsh on welbeck.
we have a player capable of putting those chances away on the bench. hernandez would have damaged arsenal last night with 20 mins to go.
his pace and finishing would have gotten us at least 3-4 more goals than welbeck mustered.
welbeck could have done a bit better. as far as i'm concerned, he's far far below the finished article.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2012
Just saying. . .
Our decision making in the box last night was an atrocity.

And Rooney is trying hard to be useless both to himself and the team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2012
StarBoard:

Just saying. . .
Our decision making in the box last night was an atrocity.

And Rooney is trying hard to be useless both to himself and the team.

it just shows how bad arsenal were last night.

the number of good positions we took compared to the shots on target was a disgrace.
i couldn't count the number of times nani mauled djourou and did nothing with it. evra got into good positions too and nothing came out of it.
valencia had one horrible shot in the 2nd half. christ - valencia's left foot is a huge disgrace. . .the shot was so bad, fergie took off his glasses cos he wanted to be sure he saw that with his eyes.

giggs until his assist was a waste of space. i doubt he completed a pass in the first half.
he kept giving it away. few players covered themselves in glory. smalling did well. evra was immense and michael carrick was god!
rafael did well too - some fans are still blaming him for the goal he conceded but fergie would have slaughtered him if he didn't offer himself to rooney for the counter-attack. i hope the lads improve cos the coming fixtures are feisty.

last night's result was perfect but the performance was rubbish!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2012
coogar:

that is because alex ferguson can sometimes be a simpleton.
walcott was even giving jones too much trouble yesterday until he did his ankle. . . .the moment rafael came on, walcott had to run to evra's side of the pitch.
then the duel between rafael and chamberlain started and rafael did well containing the winger. . . .

arsenal's goal came about when rafael counter-attacked and valencia lost his common sense to cover for rafael.
rooney had to take some blame too. he delayed the pass to rafael for so long and by the time he made the pass, koscielny had closed down rafael.
rafael is our best right back. . . .the only reason fergie benches him is his height cos fergie wants a minimum of 1 midget in the defence line against certain teams. having evra and rafael/fabio in the same defence is risky against the likes of stoke fc and arsenal.

he's a striker. . . . .he's been nominated to lead the attack with rooney tucking behind him.
how can a man utd striker squander 3-4 chances with 3 of those chances a one-v-one with the goalie. it's sacrilegious. . . .
the one v one against szczesny that metresacker cleared off the line was painful to watch. . . . .the last one where he lost his legs was a disgrace in a match of that quality. what was he thinking.

if we had lost or drawn, you wouldn't have the mouth to say we are harsh on welbeck.
we have a player capable of putting those chances away on the bench. hernandez would have damaged arsenal last night with 20 mins to go.
his pace and finishing would have gotten us at least 3-4 more goals than welbeck mustered.
welbeck could have done a bit better. as far as i'm concerned, he's far far below the finished article.

Who ever said he was a finished article?
Okay Welbeck should be dropped then.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2012
chamotex:

he should be dropped but he's from manchester and fergie wants him on the plane to euro 2012. . . .so he won't be dropped.
chicharito would have done better yesterday.

yes, welbeck's link up play is better than hernandez but hernandez is the better finisher. . . .
welbeck has been given more than enough opportunities to hone his skills. if we had given bebe, manucho, macheda, etc, they would have come good as well.

there's a bias in the welbeck development.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2012
coogar:

it just shows how bad arsenal were last night.

the number of good positions we took compared to the shots on target was a disgrace.
i couldn't count the number of times nani mauled djourou and did nothing with it. evra got into good positions too and nothing came out of it.
valencia had one horrible shot in the 2nd half. christ - valencia's left foot is a huge disgrace. . .the shot was so bad, fergie took off his glasses cos he wanted to be sure he saw that with his eyes.

giggs until his assist was a waste of space. i doubt he completed a pass in the first half.
he kept giving it away. few players covered themselves in glory. smalling did well. evra was immense and michael carrick was god!
rafael did well too - some fans are still blaming him for the goal he conceded but fergie would have slaughtered him if he didn't offer himself to rooney for the counter-attack. i hope the lads improve cos the coming fixtures are feisty.

last night's result was perfect but the performance was rubbish!
Yeah,it was all about the result.
I mean keeping Arsenal pinned into their half and having only one goal was more of a boring yawn to me.I didn;t celebrate that goal,because by then we ought to have been 2-3 goals ahead.
Yeah Arsenal were pretty clueless.If Newcastle could run roughshod on us with the same midfield line-up and Arsenal couldn't, it shows they weren't even up to it.When I saw Giggs and Carrick,my heart missed a beat.Was expecting a 3-man middle with Jones sitting in front of the back four and Rooney playing on his own,but I feared for the worst when I saw a 4-4-2 lineup.Wondering when Fergie will ditch grandpa Giggs.But his assist for the 1st goal means we're going to be seeing him around for a little while longer.
Nani had his way with Djorou, but I'm pretty sure hé (Nani) has regressed from the point he was at the begining of the season.It was disappointing to see him waste so many balls from promising positions.
I am thinking Michael Carrick is begining to be an option we can't do without in midfield.And the much-maligned Evra looks solid lately. . .but for his overall contribution to the game (goal and assists), I'd say he was MOTM. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
chamotex:

Anyone who is put through on goal three times in a single game and cannot convert once should be demoted to the reserves.
Especially one who feels he should be earning 60k a week.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
coogar,
Can we say we're good enough to win the title this season?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2012
StarBoard:

coogar,
Can we say we're good enough to win the title this season?

get cleverley and the other sicknotes back and i am sure we would win the title!

united just need to maintain a steady back four. . . .the constant shopping and changing has not helped the defence.
to be 3 points off the top with all the ridiculous injuries we have had this season is a testament to the mental strength of the players.
city only lost kompany and yaya toure and they are creaking. . . .united had no vidic/rio/young/cleverley/anderson/etc and we are still getting by. the difference now is the 6 points we pissed away against blackburn(fergie's fault) and newcastle(fergie's fault) as well.
we should be on top by now with 3 points clear.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
coogar:

he should be dropped but he's from manchester and fergie wants him on the plane to euro 2012. . . .so he won't be dropped.
chicharito would have done better yesterday.

yes, welbeck's link up play is better than hernandez but hernandez is the better finisher. . . .
welbeck has been given more than enough opportunities to hone his skills. if we had given bebe, manucho, macheda, etc, they would have come good as well.

there's a bias in the welbeck development.

I disagree and I don't even need to go into that discussion again.
Chicharito would have done better yesterday? Hindsight/Foresight are bi'tches' we would never know . . . anyone else could have done better or worse.

No doubt Hernandez is a better finisher  . . . even better than Rooney but you still have to be in a position to finish - link up play gets you there.

Michael Owen is also a better finisher . . . so let him play ahead of Welbeck too.

How was Welbeck given more opportunity? He went on loan last year, improved his game, came back into the team this season and has done well.
Was Cleverley given more than enough opportunities as well?

If a player is doing badly - let's be honest enough to say it.
If he's doing okay, lets say it
If they're doing great - let them get the praises they deserve.

A while back people on here were protesting for Carrick to be sold off.
I'm not a Jonny Evans fan but I can't come out after yesterdays game and say he didn't perform well.
Let's be objective!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2012
chamotex:

I disagree and I don't even need to go into that discussion again.
Chicharito would have done better yesterday? Hindsight/Foresight are bi'tches' we would never know . . . anyone else could have done better or worse.
No doubt Hernandez is a better finisher  . . . even better than Rooney but you still have to be in a position to finish - link up play gets you there.

so you don't think hernandez has better positioning and finishing than danny welbeck?
chamotex, really?

Michael Owen is also a better finisher . . . so let him play ahead of Welbeck too.

owen is too unfit to play - this is not the time to make ridiculous statements.

How was Welbeck given more opportunity? He went on loan last year, improved his game, came back into the team this season and has done well.
Was Cleverley given more than enough opportunities as well?

how old was cleverley when he got his break? how old was welbeck when he got his?

If a player is doing badly - let's be honest enough to say it.
If he's doing okay, lets say it
If they're doing great - let them get the praises they deserve.

well, evra did very well. . . .our best winger last night
carrick was great, smalling was great, evans was also ok.

A while back people on here were protesting for Carrick to be sold off.
I'm not a Jonny Evans fan but I can't come out after yesterdays game and say he didn't perform well.
Let's be objective!

you would never see me blame carrick and ask for him to be sold. . .he's been our best midfielder.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2012
SAF took off his glasses not cos d shot was poor, but because he had forgotten Valencia still has a left foot and wanted be sure his spectacles weren't deceiving him. I had d same reaction as well.  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2012
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2012
coogar:

so you don't think hernandez has better positioning and finishing than danny welbeck?
chamotex, really?

chamotex:

coogar:

owen is too unfit to play - this is not the time to make ridiculous statements.

And even when he is fit? grin

coogar:

how old was cleverley when he got his break? how old was welbeck when he got his?

They both broke into the first team CONSISTENTLY this season.

And now you are saying Smalling was GREAT and Evans was OK?
Coogar, really?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2012
So Welbeck missed some chances, it happens. D only one that really bad was last one in stoppage time, that was real amateurish nonsense. But its harsh to blame him for d shot cleared. Good intelligent run, then he was tripped by d defender, but still managed to regain his balance and get to d ball before d goalie and put it in on goal, after which Sczeny took him out ensuring he couldn't follow up. Can't fault him on that one.

Maybe Chicha would have scored all those 1 v 1s, but with his present form, there is a better chance he would have jumped to soon and been offsides when d pass found their way to him for all d chances as well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2012
Dont understand why the attack on Welbeck, IMO i think he did very well yesterday, yes he missed some sitters but we all saw that the circumstances were diff. The chance where he stumbled over the ball is the only one i can blame him for, but yet again he is human.

Van persie also missed a sitter and was non existent in the game apart from his goal, these things happen and i think welbecks overall play was not bad at all.

I hear no complaintsabout the midfield again. we kinda matcehed Arsenal man for man at the emirates, once we have a bad game again we decimate the midfield and and ask for the entire team to be hauled off. I was not exactly comfortable seeing Giggs in the team and when SAF introduced scholes i did not like it also.

Chicarito might have not beeen match fit as i felt he should have come on at some point, Rooney was kinda quiet for a game of this magnitude.

Evra, Smalling, Rafael, Carrick, Nani and Valencia did well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2012
chamotex:

And now you are saying Smalling was GREAT and Evans was OK?
Coogar, really?

he could have done a bit better with van persie's goal!
if he had stayed tighter to him, van persie's shot would have been blocked!

apart from that, he didn't put a foot wrong but then arsenal were dire. . . .
in the whole 90 mins, arsenal did not cop a single corner kick - they were that hopeless.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
coogar:

he could have done a bit better with van persie's goal!
if he had stayed tighter to him, van persie's shot would have been blocked!

apart from that, he didn't put a foot wrong but then arsenal were dire. . . .
in the whole 90 mins, arsenal did not cop a single corner kick - they were that hopeless.

I agree - but we've seen many times when the ball goes through the legs of the defender
There was an identical goal like that in Seria A last night too when when Tommaso Rocchi scoed for Lazio against Inter.

But hold up, WTF is wrong with Ferdinand though? . . . isn't it best if he just retires? his phorking back is gone again - the same injury occurring every time. Let him retire so we can replace him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2012
chamotex:

I agree - but we've seen many times when the ball goes through the legs of the defender
There was an identical goal like that in Seria A last night too when when Tommaso Rocchi scoed for Lazio against Inter.

our best defence line up: rafael - smalling - jones - evra.
with johnny evans on the bench

But hold up, WTF is wrong with Ferdinand though? . . . isn't it best if he just retires? his phorking back is gone again - the same injury occurring every time. Let him retire so we can replace him.

ferdinand would be 34 this year. old age has finally caught up with him and rightly so.
smalling is his replacement. i cannot count the number of headers chris won last night. he was immense!

he should retire this year so we can snap johan djourou from arsenal - what a wonderful defender that dude is. . . .
pace, tekkers, panache, football sense - djourou has got it all. grin cheesy

fergie missed a trick not bidding for gary cahill.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
chamotex:

I think he will go to MLS in the summer. so that he can be closer to Piers Morgan, his twitter enemy.

coogar:

Personally, i will swap Jones with Evans at present.
Jones positional sense is very naive for a central defender. If rio or Nemanja are available then fine but with Smalling he is a disaster in the middle.
mbulela:

Welbeck has a dynamic movement upfront that is not common in English football.
He makes attacking play so dynamic and fluid that he is any coach's darling.
That said, his finishing is erratic and often poor.
He needs to have extra mural classes with Little Pea as his tutor. While he teaches Chica everything else apart from poaching.
I was wondering what was pushing him down all day.I then remembered when SAF said years ago that he reminds him of Kanu Nwankwo.
He has a good head on his shoulder, he is willing to learn and will get better and that is frightening.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
coogar:

i don't think so.
he needs to see how Vidic's recovery goes and know if he needs to bring in a leader at the back especially if Rio leaves in the summer (and i think he will considering the wages he is on,he can't be a part time player).
Gary Cahill will just disrupt the education of Smalling and Jones and he is not a great deal better than evans who is years his junior.
if vidic returns and gains form,where will cahill play?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2012
coogar:

ferdinand would be 34 this year. old age has finally caught up with him and rightly so.
smalling is his replacement. i cannot count the number of headers chris won last night. he was immense!

he should retire this year so we can snap johan djourou from arsenal - what a wonderful defender that dude is. . . .
pace, tekkers, panache, football sense - djourou has got it all. grin cheesy

Yes but then we will need to replace Smalling too.
I have no faith in Rio staying fit for more than 2 weeks any more.
Smalling will become a world class CB . . . He has all the attributes
Smalling  = Rio . . . . Jones  = Vidic

A couple of years ago Djourou was putting Drog in his pocket you know tongue

mbulela:

I think he will go to MLS in the summer. so that he can be closer to Piers Morgan, his twitter enemy.

Let him go and save himself from the embarrassment.
He spends more time on twitter these days than on the training pitch.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2012
Gary Cahill?
That's another liability Chelsea have inherited.I'm not bothered about him.I prefer Alex of Chelsea.
Just wondering if it's any coincidence that Bolton play their best the game he's no longer listed as their player. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
Chris Smalling on Welbeck:
“Danny has a knack of scoring good goals this year for us and at vital times. That’s a great asset for us to have. This year he is getting his chance and he is such a threat. He causes defences so many problems and he did that again against Arsenal’s. It is great for us.”

“He has come on leaps and bounds. He has always had his pace and ability to finish, but he is so much stronger these days. Sometimes he has to play up front on his own with Wazza just off him at times and when you have that responsibility you cannot afford to lose the ball when you are in that position. ”

“You have to be strong to deal with that and that is something his game has gained and he is scoring goals as well. He is a proper Premier League striker now. He has come in and joined the show and if he keeps this form up to the end of the season he is going to be great for us and he’ll do well for United and, hopefully, for England in the summer.”
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2012
montelik:

Chris Smalling on Welbeck:
“Danny has a knack of scoring good goals this year for us and at vital times. That’s a great asset for us to have. This year he is getting his chance and he is such a threat. He causes defences so many problems and he did that again against Arsenal’s. It is great for us.”

“He has come on leaps and bounds. He has always had his pace and ability to finish, but he is so much stronger these days. Sometimes he has to play up front on his own with Wazza just off him at times and when you have that responsibility you cannot afford to lose the ball when you are in that position. ”

“You have to be strong to deal with that and that is something his game has gained and he is scoring goals as well. He is a proper Premier League striker now. He has come in and joined the show and if he keeps this form up to the end of the season he is going to be great for us and he’ll do well for United and, hopefully, for England in the summer.”

Welbeck has done well, I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.
He is not the best thing since slice bread . . .
The kid is getting better and better.
He is asking for 60k . . . it's not like United cant afford it. If you don't ask you don't get.
Or should we let him go because of that?
Smalling and Jones are on 50k . . . so what gives?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2012
chamotex:

Welbeck has done well, I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.
He is not the best thing since slice bread . . .
The kid is getting better and better.
He is asking for 60k . . . it's not like United cant afford it. If you don't ask you don't get.
Or should we let him go because of that?
Smalling and Jones are on 50k . . . so what gives?

chicharito is on 45k, isn't it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.