Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (83439 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

i did, way before liverpool scored.
he should have removed one of scholes/giggs for js-park. . . . .giggs left evra too exposed today, it's damning liverpool's manager didn't take advantage of that route.

we really didn't play well tonight.
giggs was a liability. . . danny welbeck needs a football brain. . .
and fergie needs to sort out the defence. evans and ferdinand are passive defenders. they only clean up, they don't attack the ball.
coogar:

he should have removed one of scholes/giggs for js-park. . . . .giggs left evra too exposed today, it's damning liverpool's manager didn't take advantage of that route.

and fergie needs to sort out the defence. evans and ferdinand are passive defenders. they only clean up, they don't attack the ball.
coogar:

coogar:

Giggs made 11 unforced errors(passes) under no pressure, I counted cos u guys brought up d matter earlier this week, What is he thinking? Or is that issue with his sister in law still bugging him?
Welbeck is a headless chicken as u coogar ll always say, So am not surprised by him hiding on the field all through 90 min
Evans, Who av not been a fan of, I must confess has improved
Ferdinand has no business in dat team again, Am I d only one seeing this
I just hope city drop point 2mrw, The way the fixtures are arranged towards d end of d season is in our favour
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

coogar:

coogar:

coogar:

Giggs made 11 unforced errors(passes) under no pressure, I counted cos u guys brought up d matter earlier this week, What is he thinking? Or is that issue with his sister in law still bugging him?
Welbeck is a headless chicken as u coogar ll always say, So am not surprised by him hiding on the field all through 90 min
Evans, Who av not been a fan of, I must confess has improved
Ferdinand has no business in dat team again, Am I d only one seeing this
I just hope city drop point 2mrw, The way the fixtures are arranged towards d end of d season is in our favour
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2012
evans and smalling SHOULD be the pairing. . . .smalling would attack the ball like vidic and evans would clean up.
i agree with u in theory dt should b d ideal partnership at d moment but d problem with evans seems to b psychological.once he isnt partnering rio or vida he starts making terrible individual errors like slipping when he is d last man or stepping on d ball n falling over or his favourite heading d ball straight up into d air(i'm talking 90 degrees) while he is in our box.for d future i will place more trust on d smalling n jones partnership,i tink there is more potential in dat
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2012
of course everybody knows dt rio's days r numbered,d guy is a sick old man wit back issues dt will never go away(at least on d football pitch).
having said dt d guy is still needed FOR NOW not just cos vidic is out but cos of his on field n off field leadership n his xperience n calmness.cos if there is any single reason united is still in dis title race its cos of our edge in EXPERIENCE right from d manager down to d players.its not talent,its not luck and its not(despite wt our detractors say) bribery.
I pray vidic recovers fully from his injury and from next season mayb we will see a smalling n vidic partnership with rio used only for relief
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2012
Fletcher was looking very healthy on TV today. Any chance he gets back this season as he has been included in d Europa squad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2012
montelik:

Fletcher was looking very healthy on TV today. Any chance he gets back this season as he has been included in d Europa squad.
montelik:

Adult diapers could help, Lol
Seriously, Hoping to see him soon,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2012
afrodoc:

of course everybody knows dt rio's days r numbered,d guy is a sick old man wit back issues dt will never go away(at least on d football pitch).
having said dt d guy is still needed FOR NOW not just cos vidic is out but cos of his on field n off field leadership n his xperience n calmness.cos if there is any single reason united is still in dis title race its cos of our edge in EXPERIENCE right from d manager down to d players.its not talent,its not luck and its not(despite wt our detractors say) bribery.
I pray vidic recovers fully from his injury and from next season mayb we will see a smalling n vidic partnership with rio used only for relief

rio defended very well today.
that suarez tackle in the first half was world class. i was glad it wasn't johnny evans that had to make that tackle as i am sure he would have fouled suarez(red card). . . . . .apart from the goal, rio was superb. . . .he made some good tackles and intercepted well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 11:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
Ferdinand still has lots to offer. He just needs to adjust his game and realize he can no longer afford his "Rolls Royce" style anymore. He needs to adjust as he no longer possesses some of d attributes that made his clinical and measured style so easy and efficient.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2012
montelik:

That guy is not looking healthy at all . . . did you see his fat cheeks?

P.S - Just read somewhere on twitter where someone tweeted ". . . it looks like Evra is the culprit not Suarez".
I just shook my head in pity
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 11:33pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

I kinda want to attribute this to the way Fergie set out his 4-4-2.
You will realize that Giggs left the the Left wing and kept drifting into the middle giving us some little form of presence in the midfield and then allowing Scholes and Carrick the intermittent movement forward. This suddenly looks like a 3-5-2 formation and suddenly reverts 4-5-1 under pressure. . . .a variation to the 4-4-2 u so often criticize. That helped out attack and then gave us more personnel when we attack.

But you will also realize that it made Evra to parade within the midfield and moving to join the attack
whenever we move forward. . . . . these leaves spaces behind. In this case, he works more a wing back not a left full back. . . . i guess that't part of the reason for his making it back late whenever we loose the ball and the opponents attack us. . . sounds good a tactic to me but one that is very easy to explore by a good manager or tactician

You will realize that this may have been the reason Glen Johnson bombed forward at any little chance in the first half.
Another thing is that it seems Liverpool forgot football and got weighed down by Mr. Suara's  grin shenanigans.
That said, we need to start sorting out games out.

Can someone borrow some positional sense from Chicharito and give DW or a left foot from Nani and give AV
I keep wondering what AV could have done to Enrique if his left foot had some life in it.

That said, pls can some pls help dispatch a bullet into Gigg's leg?

As for Suara's gimmicks, i think what Fergie said after the match is what i totally agree with.
Dude is not meant to be a Liverfool player. . . .it wasn't Evra who banned him, it's the FA. . .he should go and collect his towel where he bathed
grin

Excerpts from Fergie

"I could not believe it, I just could not believe it," Ferguson told Sky Sports.

"He's a disgrace to Liverpool Football Club, that certain player should not be allowed to play for Liverpool again.

"The history that club's got and he does that and in a situation like today could have caused a riot.

"I was really disappointed in that guy, it was terrible what he did."

Ferguson added: "It created a tension, you've seen the referee didn't know what to do about it.

"It caught him off guard. It was a terrible start to the game, a terrible atmosphere it created."
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 11, 2012
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 11:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
his fat cheeks are a sign of good health. did you see how weight fletcher had lost last year after his initial return and even earlier this season?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 12:24am On Feb 12, 2012
d guy's fat cheeks are not due to good gealth o! they are amost surely due to d corticosteroids he is having to take to induce a remission in his disease.a major side effect of d steroids is weight gain especially in d face (known as moon face)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 12:35am On Feb 12, 2012
i rily want to see more of fryers cos i tink evra needs d relief n also a bit of competition.fryers is physically mature from d little i hav seen powerful n pacy.
i wonder if there r some technical deficiencies in his game dt necessitates d delay by fergie in fully blooding him.and if fergie believes he is not ready then fabio shud get some minutes.i dont hav d stats but i am sure evra has played more minutes than any other united player over d last 3 or 4 seasons.almost always starts n rarely gets subbed,starting to tell on d guy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:38am On Feb 12, 2012
afrodoc:

i rily want to see more of fryers cos i tink evra needs d relief n also a bit of competition.fryers is physically mature from d little i hav seen powerful n pacy.
i wonder if there r some technical deficiencies in his game dt necessitates d delay by fergie in fully blooding him.and if fergie believes he is not ready then fabio shud get some minutes.i dont hav d stats but i am sure evra has played more minutes than any other united player over d last 3 or 4 seasons.almost always starts n rarely gets subbed,starting to tell on d guy

evra did not put a foot wrong today - it was grandpa giggs that kept exposing him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 12:47am On Feb 12, 2012
haba! i am not talking abt today,like i said earlier i didnt watch d whole match. i am just speaking generally dt over d last 1 or 2 season's evra's form has declined.
and i hav seen wat endless minutes can do to a career later on.i feel his form has dipped a little generally n i know he plays way to many minutes! fergie rotates every position include GK but leaves evra to labour week in week out
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:51am On Feb 12, 2012
afrodoc:

haba! i am not talking abt today,like i said earlier i didnt watch d whole match. i am just speaking generally dt over d last 1 or 2 season's evra's form has declined.
and i hav seen wat endless minutes can do to a career later on.i feel his form has dipped a little generally n i know he plays way to many minutes! fergie rotates every position include GK but leaves evra to labour week in week out

that is because evra is as fit as nails. . . . . .but it takes him like 4 yrs to get back into position or isn't just bothered about defending again.
one moment you see united under attack with evra jogging back instead of sprinting and you think he's tired, the next moment united are counter-attacking and you see evra running at full pelt trying to score. . . . .the truth is evra wants to be a winger - he does not consider himself a full-back any longer.

play fabio @ left back, evra as a winger and we are sorted!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 1:02am On Feb 12, 2012
i agree evra is happier attacking than defending but i am not talking abt just physical recovery rate.i hv also noticed mental lapses and poor defending when he is even in position.check out d easy way sturridge skinned him for chelsea's opener.i am an evra fan,i complain abt him cos i know his performances can b better.
as for him bin played regularly as a winger its not goin to happen, its easier making overlapping runs than to b d winger already bin tightly marked.evra when at peakperformance is a great left back or even wing back but would never b more than a run of d mill winger
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by adebayo201: 12:15pm On Feb 12, 2012
Keep it up guyz cry im realy njoyin d analysis! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
^^^^^ same here , bro . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2012
Abegi leave Evra jare. . . . . every club has one of such wing-back, its just left for the others especially the full-backs and defensive midfielders to take up a shape that will accomodate or cover for that full-back!

If we push Evra further up the field to play as a winger, he'll be more of a liability than asset. . . . . . he's been tried like that twice or more before and didn't contribute anything significant!

Only thing is we need to find one or two able deputies for when he gets injured.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2012

Maybe Suarez saw a copy before kick-off, hence his anger. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by adebayo201: 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2012
montelik:

Maybe Suarez saw a copy before kick-off, hence his anger. cheesy
hehe Suara grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
Not sure I'd blame anybody in our back line yesterday.
Evra for all the past errors he has committed was excellent yesterday.I wish he had more motives to incite him to play like it was the final game of his life.
I think Evra's problem is lack of competition.Fryers and Fabio aren't looking anywhere like threatening Evra's starting position.We know he can defend as much as he can bomb forward.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by adebayo201: 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2012
StarBoard:

Not sure I'd blame anybody in our back line yesterday.
Evra for all the past errors he has committed was excellent yesterday.I wish he had more motives to incite him to play like it was the final game of his life.
I think Evra's problem is lack of competition.Fryers and Fabio aren't looking anywhere like threatening Evra's starting position.We know he can defend as much as he can bomb forward.

grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2012
Seems the rabbit teeth dracular have started using his brain
He released the below statement a few hours ago:

Luis Suarez has issued an apology via the official Liverpool website following
his refusal to shake Patrice Evra's hand at Old Trafford yesterday. The Uruguayan, who was banned for eight matches after racially abusing Evra
during the league game between the sides at Anfield in October, had been
expected to shake hands with the Frenchman but failed to do so, causing an
angry reaction from Evra. The apology reads in full: "I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I
got things wrong.
"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm
sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.
"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to
apologise for my actions. "I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing
football."
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
^^ Highly unlikely Suarez had anything to do with that. Liverpool probably had a secretary type that up while Suarez was at home playing FIFA 12 cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2012
i concur! d guy is a dolt like i said earlier.he has a history of antisocial if not sociopathic behaviour and he is not likely to have changed his long held warped beliefs overnight.and for those who were comparing rio's refusal to his:rio had a few seconds to decide weda he was going to shake d guy's hand or not,dis guy had days if not weeks to decide wt he was going to do and he still chose d asinine option
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2012
ritchboy:

^^ Highly unlikely Suarez had anything to do with that. Liverpool probably had a secretary type that up while Suarez was at home playing FIFA 12 cheesy

About time the powers that be at Liverpool put a smack down on Kenny Dalglish and Suarez.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by adebayo201: 10:42pm On Feb 12, 2012
The apology reads in full: "I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I
got things wrong.
"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm
sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.
"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to
apologise for my actions. "I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing
football."
indid Suara!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by tkb417(m): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2012
should we try to win Europa to make a statement?

oh i forgot, we've got Man City in the competition

twats
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by adebayo201: 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2012
tkb417:

should we try to win Europa to make a statement?

oh i forgot, we've got Man City in the competition

twats

ye oh but baba wil not want to put all his mind into it and still, he might wanted to put all strength since he hasnt won it before kiss cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.