Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch (827 Views)

Woman Finds Panty In Her Husband’s Car (Photo) / Chinese Woman Finds Out On Son's Wedding Day That Bride Is Actually Her Daughter / Isa Suleiman And Janine Sanchez Reimann, His American Wife Jet OutTo California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
A California woman who received a couch from a stranger online for free made the discovery of a lifetime when she later found $36,000 in cash tucked away inside.

Vicky Umodu, a resident of San Bernardino County, said she was looking through Craigslist to purchase furniture for her new home when she found some pieces that someone was giving away for free, KGO-TV reported.

“I said, ‘Maybe it’s a gimmick.’ I said, ‘Let me call them,'” Umodu told the outlet.

The woman later learned the family was giving away the furniture due to the recent passing of a loved one, according to the report.

“I just moved in, and I don’t have anything in my house. I was so excited, so we picked it up and brought it in,” Umodu added, KGO-TV reported.

Upon moving the pieces into her residence, however, Umodu noticed something peculiar.

Stashed underneath the cushion was $36,000 in cash, Umodu told KABC-TV.

The California woman notified the family, offering to return the sum, who then rewarded her generosity.

The family said they were not sure why so much cash was in the couch and they later discovered hundreds of dollars stashed away in their home, per the report.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/05/california-woman-vicky-umodu-finds-36k-in-cash-inside-craigslist-couch/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2022
Definitely a Nigerian.....

Honesty Pays.

God bless her in multiple folds.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
“I said, ‘Maybe it’s a gimmick.’ I said, ‘Let me call them,'” Umodu told the outlet
That awkward moment when your mind start playing with your feelings.
Lol cheesy

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by funshint(m): 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
God bless the woman!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by BigBrother9ja: 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2022
Luck
Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by Draslo(m): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
I trust myself...no blogger will have access to this story. I go just dey tell people say na grace. Why I go dey cast myself?

2 Likes

Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by gaby(m): 12:09am On Jun 06, 2022
That couch must have belonged to the giver's deceased family member who decided to make the couch his/her bank.

I'm very sure the giver only went to the house to ransack and clear out things upon the family member's demise.

If he/she had been a regular visitor to the deceased while he/she was alive, he probably would have been kept in the know about this bank.

This reminds me of when I worked in a recycling company where we'd come across all sorts of, and I mean all sorts and manners of rubbish. Shiiit oh, diapers oh, human and animal remains o, just name it.

Na so we dey carousel dey select our usual metals, woods and plastics from other trashes and the next thing we saw on the conveyor belt was some loose Euros flying around. We sharp sharp stop machine jump on top conveyor belt dey pick money.

I got a few euros that day but some Congolese dude went home with close to 6k Euros...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by chatinent: 12:34am On Jun 06, 2022
Umodu sounds Abakaliki.
Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by JeffreyJunior: 4:23am On Jun 06, 2022
Good gesture and good woman but...
Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by Mindlog: 7:01am On Jun 06, 2022
She did the right thing.
Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by 87EightySeven(f): 7:34am On Jun 06, 2022
That money can change your life as a nigerian in Nigeria wink
Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by 87EightySeven(f): 7:41am On Jun 06, 2022
gaby:
That couch must have belonged to the giver's deceased family member who decided to make the couch his/her bank.

This reminds me of when I worked in a recycling company where we'd come across all sorts of, and I mean all sorts and manners of rubbish. Shiiit oh, diapers oh, human and animal remains o, just name it.

Na so we dey carousel dey select our usual metals, woods and plastics from other trashes and the next thing we saw on the conveyor belt was some loose Euros flying around. We sharp sharp stop machine jump on top conveyor belt dey pick money.

I got a few euros that day but some Congolese dude went home with close to 6k Euros...
was this during your migration ... the one you posted about back in 2016 or so ?
Re: California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch by gaby(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2022
87EightySeven:

was this during your migration ... the one you posted about back in 2016 or so ?

Yeah, it was.

(1) (Reply)

Please help me out / Response ‘not Getting Attracted Sexually’ / Fireproof Safe Going Cheap !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.