Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? (4341 Views)

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives / Sponsoring Relatives To Study Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by MMM2(m): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
am not africa
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by horny4u(f): 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2011
2mch:

If you tell people your business, they will be in it. If you learn to keep your mouth shut, no one will know your business. undecided

hahaha you never see

I have a friend who will specifically ask your questions just to know how far your life is moving probably to compare with hers,

@ Topic
Its one of the bad aspects of our culture, wanting to live other people's lives for them and stems from a self righteous belly yet no one holy pass.

This is how i have gotten by so far

My character is very contradicting so i simply just give them another gist while keeping the main gist under heavy wrap so i can see road,

Being unpredictable also helps that way they are unsure of where to poke their nose.

I act in an invisible manner, go in and out quietly, dress simply, act a little foolish sometimes.

I tend to keep all intentions carefully hidden and just smile when probed or say i donot know.

If all the above fails i simply call the nosy individual and whisper "F off arrsse hole " into their ear so no one else is aware then i put on my innocent face and carry on with my life ( its a gift to me).
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by olotoo: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2011
This issue of poke nosing in the name of "I care" nearly broke my marriage even while abroad shocked, they still wanted to know what we eat, drink, money in the bank, lol. , A good husband must take his stand and put his nuclear family first. cool
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by emmaco24(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
horny4u:

hahaha you never see

I have a friend who will specifically ask your questions just to know how far your life is moving probably to compare with hers,

@ Topic
Its one of the bad aspects of our culture, wanting to live other people's lives for them and stems from a self righteous belly yet no one holy pass.

This is how i have gotten by so far

My character is very contradicting so i simply just give them another gist while keeping the main gist under heavy wrap so i can see road,

Being unpredictable also helps that way they are unsure of where to poke their nose.

I act in an invisible manner, go in and out quietly, dress simply, act a little foolish sometimes.

I tend to keep all intentions carefully hidden and just smile when probed or say i donot know.

If all the above fails i simply call the nosy individual and whisper "F off arrsse hole " into their ear so no one else is aware then i put on my innocent face and carry on with my life ( its a gift to me).

+1
Very well said.
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by lailaiwala: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2011
Question: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business?

Answer: because they see you heading down the wrong road. stop hanging with the wrong crowd. face your studies. use your common sense, miss "i need another hole in my body belly-button piercer." wink
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by eprynce(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
they havn't got a biznes to mind, so they mind ur own grin
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by dublinkmy6: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
Be careful who u disclose personal information to. Some close african relatives want to know whats happening in ur life and what ur future plans are not because they love you but because they have diabolic motives against you.
Some will do anything to make sure you don't turn out to be better than them in life. But they can easily succeed if you are always ready to provide the needed information.
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by dublinkmy6: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2011
Be careful who u disclose personal information to. Some close african relatives want to know whats happening in ur life and what ur future plans are not because they love you but because they have diabolic motives against you.
Some will do anything to make sure you don't turn out to be better than them in life. But they can easily succeed if you are always ready to provide the needed information.
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by deadie(m): 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2011
Hey, in a lot of cases, "African relatives want to be in your business" because they helped make your partner who he or she is. Your "European or American" upbringing is different from that of a typical African. And if you are African, probably you are on the wrong path.
Re: Why Cant African Relatives Mind Their Business? by oraclefemi(m): 3:03am On Oct 12, 2011
For every single topic that makes it to the front page, some fool comes and says it lame and shouldnt be discussed.Look dammit , this is a forum and anything can be discussed because we are Nigerians and we have many issues of the heart, have you heard the crap thats being discussed on Oprah? yes she rakes in millions from them. Sometimes advice is worth more than money and someone out there might take one and save his or her situation. We dont need to act like we are perfect. Anyone that asks for directions seldom gets lost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking / Femi Lekuti AKA Danku Is Dead / Could This Be How Super TV Ceo Usifo Ataga Was Killed? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.