Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Southerners Should Calm Down Pls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners Should Calm Down Pls (1619 Views)

Everybody Should Calm Down...obi Is Getting It Clearer / Southerners Should Wake Up And Protect Our Regional Interest Above Religion / APC Presidential Primary: You All Should Calm Down - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by Ojuntana: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
I have always said people should learn to be less emotionally driven.
Buhari's candidate is not Lawan.
It's a false kite to force everyone towards a consensus.
It's the wisdom elders apply when kids are fighting over a toy. Threaten to give it to an outsider.
I fear buhari's candidate is not from SW after all.
This is a ploy to get the southern candidates jittery and the northern govs more amenable to his wish.
He knows how strong Tinubu and Osinbajo especially are towards the convention.
With this move, the northern govs will be ready to take any name he offers them as long as it's not from the North.
The southern candidates will also not be able to put up a fight lest they lose it all.
My haunch is Nwajiuba or Amaechi
Watch this space
Fergie001, garfield1, indispensable85

1 Like

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by helinues: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
grin
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by garfield1: 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ojuntana:
It's the wisdom elders apply when kids are fighting over a toy. Threaten to give it to an outsider.
This is a ploy to get the southern candidates jittery and the northern govs more amenable to his wish.
With this move, the northern govs will be ready to take any name he offers them as long as it's not from the North.
The southern candidates will also not be able to put up a fight lest they lose it all.
Watch this space
Fergie001, garfield1, indispensable85

I have always suspected nwajiuba or onu.I have always stated that personally,I'll prefer buhsri picks someone from the ss/se and then compensates acn/tinubu.I just hope lawan is not the consensus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by Ojuntana: 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2022
garfield1:

I have always suspected nwajiuba or onu.I have always stated that personally,I'll prefer buhsri picks someone from the ss/se and then compensates acn/tinubu.I just hope lawan is not the consensus
Buhari is tone deaf. If he wanted Lawan, he would have named him that night he had meeting with the aspirants.
Though I believe he was ambushed by those govs and he'll get his pound of flesh by ensuring none of them emerges VP.
That's why Adamu was sent to name Lawan. It's a ploy to weaken the SW candidates' hand.
Unfortunately, the North keeps toying with the south as they wish

3 Likes

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by fergie001: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ojuntana:
Watch this space
garfield1, indispensable85
My hunch has always been Osinbajo/Lawan/Amaechi.

Whatever it is... One thing I know will be achieved.... The President having his way.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by garfield1: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ojuntana:

Buhari is tone deaf. If he wanted Lawan, he would have named him that night he had meeting with the aspirants.
Though I believe he was ambushed by those govs and he'll get his pound of flesh by ensuring none of them emerges VP.
That's why Adamu was sent to name Lawan. It's a ploy to weaken the SW candidates' hand.
Unfortunately, the North keeps toying with the south as they wish

The north is toying with Nigeria's unity and outplaying itself.they are not as smart as they think.if they are smart,they read the mood of the nation and bring a pro north southerner rather than another core northerner..all these shenanigans are fostering southern unity and turning the south against the north.the endsars was a symptom of southern frustration.majority of southerners are angry with the north, the last straw would soon be broken.even I a core buharist is tired

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by Indispensable85(m): 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

Whatever it is... One thing I know will be achieved.... The President having his way.

Tinubu will emerge as APC presidential candidate tomorrow. Please save for reference. Let's enjoy politics together tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by garfield1: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

You talk as if you are not in this country.people are fed up.you think even the politicians are not tired of him? Since he doesnt respect others,they would also disrespect him
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by Karemarealty288(m): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2022
garfield1:

Onu precisely....
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by fergie001: 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2022
garfield1:
You talk as if you are not in this country.people are fed up.you think even the politicians are not tired of him? Since he doesnt respect others,they would also disrespect him.

You now know people are fed up?
When everybody was shouting, what did you say? Nothing.
Even yeye Ayade & Ikpeazu did what they wanted without asking for respect from everybody.

Politicians are naturally shameless, hence it's nothing new so let him pick his Candidate... All these things now is because it's not your Choice. I also wanted him to pick a Southern Christian, so why should I cry more than the bereaved.

He has said, go form a Consensus, has anybody stepped down from the South, so far? Let us not always blame others for our mistakes. Did you see Garba Shehu's tweet?

3 Likes

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by NwaIdeato: 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2022
Southerners kee you there, better address your SW people specifically, it's all man for himself now...this is politics 101 at play now.

5 Likes

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by garfield1: 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

You now know people are fed up?
When everybody was shouting, what did you say? Nothing.
Even yeye Ayade & Ikpeazu did what they wanted without asking for respect from everybody.

Politicians are naturally shameless, hence it's nothing new so let him pick his Candidate... All these things now is because it's not your Choice. I also wanted him to pick a Southern Christian, so why should I cry more than the bereaved.

He has said, go form a Consensus, has anybody stepped down from the South, so far? Let us not always blame others for our mistakes. Did you see Garba Shehu's tweet?

My brother,I always knew that southerners were fed up.do you know how many times I was attacked,abused and ridiculed for supporting buhari? People hate that man,most of his supporters abandoned him,I am among the last to still support him thinking all will be well.for me to now tell you that am tired,it means buhsri will be rubbished.no one is with him.you think a lot of those around him are happy?
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by garfield1: 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2022
Karemarealty288:

Onu precisely....

Yes onu is closer to him
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by fergie001: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
garfield1:
My brother,I always knew that southerners were fed up.do you know how many times I was attacked,abused and ridiculed for supporting buhari? People hate that man,most of his supporters abandoned him,I am among the last to still support him thinking all will be well.for me to now tell you that am tired,it means buhsri will be rubbished.no one is with him.you think a lot of those around him are happy?
You are complaining in the SS, ask those in the SE supporting Buhari what they see?

My brother, the only other concessions for me were : Amaechi 1st because his region has been there 10 years, then Osinbajo (whose region has been the most beneficiary since 1999). The religious ticket favours them and that's why. Onu/Nwajiuba are outliers because their region have not produced any even though firmly in opposition hands.

If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by garfield1: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

You are complaining in the SS, ask those in the SE supporting Buhari what they see?

My brother, the only other concessions for me were : Amaechi 1st because his region has been there 10 years, then Osinbajo (whose region has been the most beneficiary since 1999). The religious ticket favours them and that's why. Onu/Nwajiuba are outliers because their region have not produced any even though firmly in opposition hands.

If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

That is why picking lawan will be the last straw.buhari has lost it totally.no one is with him,everyone that were pretending will show their colours.Nigeria is on the brink and we must save it
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by fergie001: 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
garfield1:
That is why picking lawan will be the last straw.buhari has lost it totally.no one is with him,everyone that were pretending will show their colours.Nigeria is on the brink and we must save it
My problem is that the South never learns.

Leave all our instant emotions, later we will forget and continue hitting ourselves again.

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by slivertongue: 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
APC abeg make una hurry do una primaries I don tire with the speculations.
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by garfield1: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

Leave all our instant emotions, later we will forget and continue hitting ourselves again.

I don't think so.dont forget endsars
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by helinues: 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

Buhari having his way is most likely possible
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
At the end, the South always shoots itself in the leg....

Congrats to our Yoruba and Igbo brethren. Your fault, your responsibility.
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by descarado: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

Let's hope thi is false alarm.
We lost our chance 2015.

It's not about being a good leader this time cos buhari was everything bad but gaining the political momentum to balance everything the military used to favour North. We were going somewhere with Jonathan.
Assuming Jonathan was left to finish, confab and restructuring must have taken place. More local govts will be created to balance the local govt and se would have gotten 6 states.

We can now compete favourably.

This is the greatest anger of se. Not se presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by Agwotulumbe(f): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
garfield1:

You talk as if you are not in this country.people are fed up.you think even the politicians are not tired of him? Since he doesnt respect others,they would also disrespect him
lol
na now you know people are fed up

Una funny sha

1 Like

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

We always do. Always.

That's why I laugh at the idea that 'the fulanis are ruling us because Britain'. The fulanis are ruling us because South got no agenda. Everyone wants his or her agenda as the Southerner agenda.

Well, I warn't supporting PDP or APC anyways...so they can go do themselves as usual.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by fergie001: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:

He is disguising and he knows. Trying to form democrat but his mind was on this ever since.

If not Lawan, whomever it is, we know whom he doesn't want to hand over to.
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
Indispensable85:

Tinubu will emerge as APC presidential candidate tomorrow. Please save for reference. Let's enjoy politics together tomorrow.

Ok, nostradamus. I go laff you sotey you go tire for life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by fergie001: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
subsidywise18:

We always do. Always.

That's why I laugh at the idea that 'the fulanis are ruling us because Britain'. The fulanis are ruling us because South got no agenda. Everyone wants his or her agenda as the Southerner agenda.

Well, I warn't supporting PDP or APC anyways...so they can go do themselves as usual.
I don't know how I can put this on loudspeaker.
BBNaija is coming, this one will pass away.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by Indispensable85(m): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Ok, nostradamus. I go laff you sotey you go tire for life

Hope you won't be the one to be mocked tomorrow. I go chase you out of nairaland.
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:

Heli, Heli don turn bornagain. E remain seunmsg, Indispensable85, LegendHero and co. Dem go throw party once those lost boys start to hear word
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by garfield1: 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
lol
na now you know people are fed up

Una funny sha

I always knew just that I maintained.I turned a blind eye
Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by fergie001: 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
descarado:

Let's hope thi is false alarm.
We lost our chance 2015.

It's not about being a good leader this time cos buhari was everything bad but gaining the political momentum to balance everything the military used to favour North. We were going somewhere with Jonathan.

Assuming Jonathan was left to finish, confab and restructuring must have taken place. More local govts will be created to balance the local govt and se would have gotten 6 states.

We can now compete favourably.

This is the greatest anger of se. Not se presidency.
It's not a North/South thing.... We can't say lock them out...
When they started this Southern Govs Forum thing, they were getting somewhere until the Agenda began to unfold.

I don't know what to say again, tbh.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
Indispensable85:

Hope you won't be the one to be mocked tomorrow. I go chase you out of nairaland.

On your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall slump.

On your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall slump.

everybody abeg join me.... On your mandate, on your mandate, on your mandate we shall slump

1 Share

Re: Southerners Should Calm Down Pls by helinues: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

He is disguising and he knows. Trying to form democrat but his mind was on this ever since.

If not Lawan, whomever it is, we know whom he doesn't want to hand over to.

Lawan is out of Buhari's consensus plan. It's not logical for Buhari to present another northerner as a consensus candidate... Lawan that is not even popular outside his home state.

Buhari must have made up his mind about who to succeed him long time. The media are the one speculating so many things

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Allowed To Creat Thread In Hausa Language? / May You Have Peace After You Deny Igbos Their Right To Be The President In 2023 / Monday Sit At Home Will Soon Be Extended To All South South States - IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.