Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. (375 Views)

Curvy Nigerian Girl Secretly Performing N*ked For Men On Instragram (photos) / Sexual Harassment: Slay Queens Struggle To Grab A Musician's 'Cassava' On Stage / Nigerian Men On Twitter Share Hilarious Spiteful Things Women Did To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by Dorwadora(f): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Have you ever dolled yourself up for a party or just to go outside for an errand and men wolf-whistle and catcalled you, looking at you with raw sexual admiration?.

Or were you walking and heard someone saying " Fine girl, Fine girl, no be you we dey call? She no even fine sef. Hahahaha, see her flat yansh". And you were unable to talk and just walked away?

Or have you been on a public bus and you felt a man hand on your body caressing you. You raised alarm and he replied " Wetin dey do you, where the body wey you dey shout for?. Taaa! Dirty girl like you".

I've got my share of these street harassment and I've seen many women suffer this ill.

Hop in here and share your experience plus how you tackle those immoral men

I always said it that the African society is partial and very rigid about the girl-child's home training and always expect much from them. Be a good cook, Be a good mother, Always be at your best behavior, infact, the society wants everything good from the Women specie.

But the morals of the boy-child are overlooked. Most families pump the philosophy on how to be strong,be a family head, a provider and all of those things, Some of this parents overlook to teach their boy-child how to respect people's feelings hence the Patriarchal mentality to dominant and molest women continue to grow, little by little till they become a man and then a nuisance to the society.

That is why some of these men love to mentally break women on the street without shame.

Come in and share your experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by Dorwadora(f): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
I'll go first.

Sometime last week, I was coming back from work. I was very tired and all. Literally, dragging myself home.

Then I got to the front of a filling station and I heard someone catcalling me doing that "musssss" sound. The one people use to call dogs. Me I was like " Nah you mama be dog and I ignored the sound and continued walking until the guy said " Wo ele ti eyan pe, Starboy pe e oun fo". The translation is something like " Look at this one that I'm calling, I, Starboy I'm calling you, you're forming".

I did not stop walking, simply gave him a middle finger for like 5 seconds and I heard him shouting "Bleep you too". I stopped a bike and ran off from there.
Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2022
Aforja guys on the street grin
Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by InfinityFabric: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2022
Of course women are advertising, the men are just checking out the product. The response of these women depends on her feelings at that moment and the kind of guy.
If they don't want to catcalled, they won't be dressing around naked.

The difference between unscrupulous and sexy is her: feeling and reception. Get the hell out of here butt kisser!

Now onto the guy, don't u have better things to do than to be paying attention to walker ?

Now to the Proposed Solution Draft 73252c:
- Women should be covered head to toe.
- Segregate men and women. You can't have men and women mixed and think nothing will happen - stupid.
- Punish offenders severely.
Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by Fmghewzy(m): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2022
Dorwadora:
I'll go first.

Sometime last week, I was coming back from work. I was very tired and all. Literally, dragging myself home.

Then I got to the front of a filling station and I heard someone catcalling me doing that "musssss" sound. The one people use to call dogs.

I did not stop walking, simply gave him a middle finger for like 5 seconds and I heard him shouting "Bleep you too". I stopped a bike and ran off from there.

You self why you run ,lol grin grin.

Sorry about your bad experience,to be honest it's very true.
One of the reasons why my sister always insist I accompany her anytime she wants to go out .

Bad people are everywhere and will always try to prey on people they deem weaker or easy targets.
This nonsense doesn't ends with girls only ,some guys also try to intimidate or harass other men they feel they are stronger or bigger than.

It's just how the society is,how nature is ; the perceived stronger ones would try to intimidate or bully the presumed weaker or soft targets

1 Like

Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by siofra(f): 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
It happened to me in school today. We women are really suffering in the hands of these cultists/Yahoo/agbero boys. But their fellow men will not understand.

2 Likes

Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by Dorwadora(f): 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
Fmghewzy:

You self why you run ,lol grin grin.

Sorry about your bad experience,to be honest it's very true.
One of the reasons why my sister always insist I accompany her anytime she wants to go out .

Bad people are everywhere and will always try to prey on people they deem weaker or easy targets.
This nonsense doesn't ends with girls only ,some guys also try to intimidate or harass other men they feel they are stronger or bigger than.

It's just how the society is,how nature is ; the perceived stronger ones would try to intimidate or bully the presumed weaker or soft targets
I had to run in case the guy wants to do anything funny grin.

I know the society is something about the strong preying on the weak, the wise preys on the fools and all but generally the women are not having it easy.

It's as if women are at the bottom of the food chain but we are not anymore.... We are gradually talking and shoving people's shits back to their face.

1 Like

Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2022
All those alayes, them too like women ehhhn
Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
Dorwadora:
Have you ever dolled yourself up for a party or just to go outside for an errand and men wolf-whistle and catcalled you, looking at you with raw sexual admiration?.

Or were you walking and heard someone saying " Fine girl, Fine girl, no be you we dey call? She no even fine sef. Hahahaha, see her flat yansh". And you were unable to talk and just walked away?

Or have you been on a public bus and you felt a man hand on your body caressing you. You raised alarm and he replied " Wetin dey do you, where the body wey you dey shout for?. Taaa! Dirty girl like you".

I've got my share of these street harassment and I've seen many women suffer this ill.

Hop in here and share your experience plus how you tackle those immoral men

I always said it that the African society is partial and very rigid about the girl-child's home training and always expect much from them. Be a good cook, Be a good mother, Always be at your best behavior, infact, the society wants everything good from the Women specie.

But the morals of the boy-child are overlooked. Most families pump the philosophy on how to be strong,be a family head, a provider and all of those things, Some of this parents overlook to teach their boy-child how to respect people's feelings hence the Patriarchal mentality to dominant and molest women continue to grow, little by little till they become a man and then a nuisance to the society.

That is why some of these men love to mentally break women on the street without shame.

Come in and share your experience.

Shut up mgbeke Feminist wannabe..
The society raised women right but when we mention DNA test una go start dey get seizure,dey sweat like Lukaku..

Nonsense..
Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
Dorwadora:
I'll go first.

Then I got to the front of a filling station and I heard someone catcalling me doing that "musssss" sound. The one people use to call dogs. Me I was like " Nah you mama be dog and I ignored the sound and continued walking until the guy said " Wo ele ti eyan pe, Starboy pe e oun fo". The translation is something like " Look at this one that I'm calling, I, Starboy I'm calling you, you're forming".

Why you run nah...
You for remain make you collect woto woto..
All these mgbeke Feminist wannabes Wailers sef..
Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
siofra:
It happened to me in school today. We women are really suffering in the hands of these cultists/Yahoo/agbero boys. But their fellow men will not understand.

Suffer your suffer in peace and stop constituting nuisance here..
No wonder you are a feminist wannabe Wailer here.. after those boys humiliate you for real life.. you go come online dey form activist for people wey you no dey see..
Why not do your activism for real life make you collect Woto Woto..

Wailer..
Re: STREET HARASSMENT: Unscrupulous Men On The Street. by aidameoryou: 11:59pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ferrytech:
Aforja guys on the street grin

How far guy reply me.
You get live CC?

(1) (Reply)

These People Makes The World Unstable / Missing Person Please Have You Seen Him? / Why Did I Fail French In Secondary school

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.