Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. (1923 Views)

The New Tesla Pi Just Killed Iphone 14: Say Your Goodbyes To Apple. / See Iphone X Outfitted With Working USB-C Port In Spectacular DIY Project / Samsung Bows To Apple As Galaxy S11 Comes Without Audio Jack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by SlavaUkraini: 3:40am On Jun 08, 2022
Apple will have to change the connector on its iPhones sold in Europe by 2024 as EU countries and EU lawmakers on Tuesday agreed to a single mobile charging port for mobile phones, tablets and cameras.

The agreement is a world first and came after companies failed to agree on a common solution. The European Commission had pushed for a single mobile charging port more than a decade ago.

Users of iPhones and Android phones have long complained about having to use different chargers for their devices. The former is charged from a Lightning cable while Android-based devices are powered using USB-C connectors.

Half the chargers sold with mobile phones in 2018 had a USB micro-B connector, while 29% had a USB-C connector and 21% a Lightning connector, according to a 2019 Commission study.

"The deal we struck this morning will bring around 250 million euros ($267 million) of savings to consumers," EU industry chief Thierry Breton said in a statement.

"It will also allow new technologies such as wireless charging to emerge and to mature without letting innovation to become source of market fragmentation and consumer inconvenience," he said.

"By autumn 2024, USB Type-C will become the common charging port for all mobile phones, tablets and cameras in the EU," the European Parliament said in a statement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jagonews24.com/en/amp/62188

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

2 Likes

Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by Tecnophone: 4:54am On Jun 08, 2022
Nice
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by MMempire(m): 5:12am On Jun 08, 2022
Apple's tablets (iPad) currently uses type-c charging port. So not a big deal to them.

2 Likes

Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by Dannieln1: 5:39am On Jun 08, 2022
When I see some country policies eh, Nigeria matter go just tire me

8 Likes

Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by Chidexter(m): 5:48am On Jun 08, 2022
There’s no blow anywhere. iPad and what’s not uses type C too. I think this applies to only EU countries tho
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by iampeterben(m): 6:21am On Jun 08, 2022
Thank God is type-C my Samsung phone is using. Type-C is good they should endorse it.

1 Like

Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by inspectorg(m): 6:38am On Jun 08, 2022
People wey know wetin dey.

No be to dey chase meaningless clout about, in the name of unrealistic CLASS SHOW. angry grin grin
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by Mirabella01: 7:01am On Jun 08, 2022
Type-C it is cool
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by robinso01(m): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2022
I hardly hear african union debates on anything
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by SocialJustice: 7:32am On Jun 08, 2022
Apple no get sense on the normal. Always wanting to be different even when it is obvious they can't win this.
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by NuclearReactor: 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
MMempire:
Apple's tablets (iPad) currently uses type-c charging port. So not a big deal to them.
Oga the amount of ipads Apple sells is nothing comparead to the amount of iPhones they sell, this move will affect them wella.
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by goldfish27(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
I dey tell you e come be like say na spirit dem be....even to copy rightly for africans come be big problems again. from the look of things God self tire for africans matter.

Dannieln1:
When I see some country policies eh, Nigeria matter go just tire me
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by Ovie56(m): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2022
Apple will switch to a portless solution pretty quick
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by McStoic(m): 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
Apple will have to change the connector on its iPhones sold in Europe by 2024 as EU countries and EU lawmakers on Tuesday agreed to a single mobile charging port for mobile phones, tablets and cameras.

The agreement is a world first and came after companies failed to agree on a common solution. The European Commission had pushed for a single mobile charging port more than a decade ago.

Users of iPhones and Android phones have long complained about having to use different chargers for their devices. The former is charged from a Lightning cable while Android-based devices are powered using USB-C connectors.

Half the chargers sold with mobile phones in 2018 had a USB micro-B connector, while 29% had a USB-C connector and 21% a Lightning connector, according to a 2019 Commission study.

"The deal we struck this morning will bring around 250 million euros ($267 million) of savings to consumers," EU industry chief Thierry Breton said in a statement.

"It will also allow new technologies such as wireless charging to emerge and to mature without letting innovation to become source of market fragmentation and consumer inconvenience," he said.

"By autumn 2024, USB Type-C will become the common charging port for all mobile phones, tablets and cameras in the EU," the European Parliament said in a statement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jagonews24.com/en/amp/62188

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

Hmmm...this one tio
Re: EU Agrees Single Mobile Charging Port In Blow To Apple. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
[color=#550000] [b] my father and mother

See the little dog that you guys Raped this morning....

The dog is now Weak and cannot walk properly because of your massive dick that penetrated her tiny dog holes...

A dog that was very agile before has become so Weak because of your wickedness.

Nairalanders, please see the legs of the Animal Rapist my father in the picture below. Those legs would be crippled Soon.

Now I want to sell the dog to Nairalanders after I have infected the dog with the HIV AIDS that my Ashawo Mama transmitted to you at birth...
The robbery operation in the Ikeja Area of Lagos that my father and mother Orchestrated is now on the News.

my father and mother, it can never be well with the two of you.

The next robbery operation you guys would embark upon would be your last because the law would soon catch up with you guys.

Dirty Smelling Animal Rapists and Criminals.

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi 11t Pro Is Far Better And Even Cheaper Than even Redmi note 11 and 12 / How To Watch Youtube Videos On A BlackBerry / Price Drop On Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.