Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,856 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard (46148 Views)

Buhari Reappoints Media Aide Bashir Ahmad Who Lost APC Reps Primary / How Osinbajo Lost Polling Unit / Breaking: APC Shifts Presidential Primary - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by deavicky(m): 6:45am On Jun 09, 2022
Dsalvo:

Keep consoling yourself everything is about cash and bribes. Losers do that. I.e make excuses for their losses rather than consider that others may be better and deserve credit for their talent and ability.
I think he lost because APC has never mean well for this country from one sick man to another sick man.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by davodyguy: 6:50am On Jun 09, 2022
Lightorder:
Long story short. Buhari and his brothers are not sincere with seceding power to the south, so they played Tinubu at the primary so they can codedly throw their weights behind Atiku. If they had really wanted to return power to the south, Osinbajo would have been their candidate. Just mark my words. Watch the rate of anti- party activities henceforth . Tinubu is nobody to MKO. Gej was widely accepted. Obasanjo was widely accepted during his time from the prison . The primary is over , he has bought himself a ticket, let us see how much he will pay us that will sustain us and our families for 4 years. This is not Lagos politics
This is what I told someone on Twitter.

Buhari's body language favoured a northern candidate. If he wanted Osinbajo, he would have announced
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:54am On Jun 09, 2022
Funny country by which yardstick did Tinubu defeat Osibanjo?

Is it by handsomeness, intelligence, or governance?

Just through bribery and corruption under Buhari?

We did not get it right again as a nation.

U are all indebted to Tinubu to get all the money to de deligates first and the election b4 he wud face ur hunger

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by IDIOTmoderators: 6:57am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
He lost because APC delegates are corrupt...SIMPLE.

There are contestants that have defeated their benefactors in the past.

The important thing is, he stood to be counted.
You don't know anything about politics you are only ranting on emotions.. sorry for you.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by IDIOTmoderators: 6:59am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
You are free to think however you wish.Most of Those delegates just like PDP delegates are corrupt... Simple.
I wonder if at all you follow the convection.. Osinbajo that offered $5000 each to the delegates is not corrupt abi? Keep fooling yourself.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by wwwihy: 7:02am On Jun 09, 2022
Samunique:
Just look at the bold !

To his credit, Tinubu has organized political parties at the local, state, and national levels, since 1993. A reputed national leader of the APC, Tinubu’s political influence transcends Nigeria.

He was instrumental in the election that brought in former President Jacob Zuma and President Nana Akufo-Addo in South Africa and Ghana, respectively.

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Iyasaburi: 7:05am On Jun 09, 2022
APC PRIMARIES IS A CASE OF WWE. IT IS ALL STAGE MANAGED TO GIVE THE EXCITEMENT OF A WRESTLER MANIA.
STOP BOARDERING YOURSELVES ABOUT IT
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by yahrant140(m): 7:06am On Jun 09, 2022
He was instrumental in the election that brought in former President Jacob Zuma and President Nana Akufo-Addo in South Africa and Ghana, respectively.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Donedeal1(m): 7:07am On Jun 09, 2022
The fear of BAT--------- all the way

Jagaban their fada.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by placeofallure(f): 7:09am On Jun 09, 2022
bjtinz:
Abeg you guys should save all the long yeye analysis. Tinubu won because of his deep pockets and largely corrupt, hungry delegates. End. There was no way Osinbajo could match the dollar rain

My real concern is people, youth in particular are already looking forward to a Tinubu presidency (nightmare!!!) This is someone I could barely make out what he was saying during the acceptance speech.

Seriously, What is WRONG with you Nigerians?

Sigh ☹️

Your ears are paining you. Ask Buhari, you both have the same ailment.

As for us Tinubuhood, nothing do us. We dey kampe!
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by optm(m): 7:09am On Jun 09, 2022
It it were to be about his qualities, why did he have to bribe delegates ? He won because those delegates were corrupt and for the highest bidder . If you had an organization and you were to choose between Tinubu and Osibanjo to head your organization , who would you pick ? But because this is politics, for your selfish reasons, you are supporting Tinubu. Many Nigerians like yourself are part of the problem bedeviling this country and making it remain on its knee .
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by akinsmail51: 7:09am On Jun 09, 2022
You should have added that those who lost offered bribes to delegates too. He might have forgotten that raw cash exchanges hands from the leading contestants to delegates.

Dsalvo:

Keep consoling yourself everything is about cash and bribes. Losers do that. I.e make excuses for their losses rather than consider that others may be better and deserve credit for their talent and ability.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by pharmaking: 7:13am On Jun 09, 2022
Jagaban. Heavyweight

Atiku. Middleweight

Kwankwaso. Lightweight

Peter Obi. No weight

Hear me children of hate, APC will coast to victory come next year.

PDP and NNPP will share northern votes

PDP will beat LP in south yeast blue, black and yellow.

Ask your Yoruba friends the meaning of Ashiwaju.

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Jeffy1206(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2022
What about money factor? Tell me if there is a stance that no bribing, would those bigots called delegates vote him? undecided
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Jeffy1206(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
You are free to think however you wish.Most of Those delegates just like PDP delegates are corrupt... Simple.
eggzactly my broda. Na by money and desperation him take win.

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Kendollar696(m): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2022
From what I saw in this last concluded primaries. Nigerian political system is so messed up, that's why they keep producing bad leaders from NASS to the lowest. only few. I hereby conclude by saying, it is better to pray for Nigeria from abroad than to pray for Nigeria in Nigeria. Nigeria I will soon start praying for you in abroad. so help me God. Amen...

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by sonature1: 7:24am On Jun 09, 2022
Dsalvo:

If you consider Tinubu better than Osinbajo, then you are one of Nigeria's numerous problems

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by sonature1: 7:26am On Jun 09, 2022
Tradegood:
hm
I thought they, Osinbanjo and Tinubu, planned that he, Osinbanjo should contest so that some people will not say Tinubu only won because he did not allow Osibanjo to contest.

Osinbanjo shouldn't have betrayed Tinubu naa, chai! It is not good.

From Fasola, to Ambode to Aregbesola to Osinbanjo, e no good.
Tinubu will finish pulling his political weight to bring you people out from oblivion to limelight una go begin drag shoulder with am. E no good.
Learn servanthood if you want to be great.

Tinubu is a good man.

I wanted Jonanthan to win 2nd term then even though I wondered why he was not listening to Obasanjo to step down (he should have listened to OBJ).

Tinubu made mistakes and Buhari made sure he dealt with him but Tinubu loves Nigerians. He is good at heart.

Thank YOU Heavenly FATHER for bringing smiles to the faces of Nigeria today.
The spirit of depression was lifted off our land today by Tinubu's victory. We are happy. Thank YOU LORD JESUS.

Demonic days are over in Nigeria in JESUS name, amen.

The way you keep calling Tinubu good is rather disturbing.

I think I may have to go and check the meaning of good again.

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by carbon1224(m): 7:31am On Jun 09, 2022
You people should stop deceiving your self cos they both know why they choose to play the card and it’s a planned movie role for sympathy .oshibajo play along with whY tinubu re structured for the goal.politics no be for Bois but the big men. God bless nogeria
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by blancsn1: 7:34am On Jun 09, 2022
I know get time for foolish talk with all you dead brain Igbos. Tinubu will win the presidential election except he dies before he's pronounced winner. I know ready argue to all Ipob n Igbo n even Yoruba that hate Tinubu put your money where your mouth is. Anyone ready to be bet any amount for 100K upwards.

If you like talk Muslim Muslim Jewish Albania , if you like call Tinubu Metelusalla e no concern me just bet. Quite me to bet, I no fit shout again. Even your Igbo papa will know he as to be mad n crazy to thumbprint another Fulani with all this murders everywhere when another just completed 8 years.

festacman:
There is no 100% assurance Asiwaju Tinubu will win the presidential election. So, Osinbajo just needs to tarry, keep being himself, building goodwill and network across Nigeria.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by abobote: 7:35am On Jun 09, 2022
Tradegood:
hm
I thought they, Osinbanjo and Tinubu, planned that he, Osinbanjo should contest so that some people will not say Tinubu only won because he did not allow Osibanjo to contest.

Tinubu will finish pulling his political weight to bring you people out from oblivion to limelight una go begin drag shoulder with am. E no good.

Tinubu is a good man.

I wanted Jonanthan to win 2nd term then even though I wondered why he was not listening to Obasanjo to step down (he should have listened to OBJ).

Tinubu made mistakes and Buhari made sure he dealt with him but Tinubu loves Nigerians. He is good at heart.

The spirit of depression was lifted off our land today by Tinubu's victory. We are happy. Thank YOU LORD JESUS.

Are you ok ?
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by 8stargeneral: 7:35am On Jun 09, 2022
He lost because he didnt offered delegate bag of money...make una stop those yeye analysis

2 Likes

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by abobote: 7:40am On Jun 09, 2022
festacman:
Contrary to many people's thinking, I don't believe Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's political career is at great risk for contesting against his mentor Asiwaju Tinubu. Having been VP, the only position to aspire to is President and there is nothing stopping from doing that in future. There is no 100% assurance Asiwaju Tinubu will win the presidential election. So, Osinbajo just needs to tarry, keep being himself, building goodwill and network across Nigeria.

Talking about Osinbajo betraying Tinubu, what do you use to describe what Ganduje did to Kwankwanso, what Amaechi/Wike did to Odili, what Oyetola did to Aregbesola, what Tambuwal did to Wammako, what Udom did to Akpabio, etc.?

The fact is that there comes a time when someone needs to take a bold leap of fate in life regardless of other people's opinions. However, one must courageous to the consequences of such bold move if goes south.
You spoke well
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by donmik: 7:44am On Jun 09, 2022
Tradegood:
hm

Tinubu is a good man.

SORRY, I PITY YOU
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Duru009(m): 7:45am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
He lost because APC delegates are corrupt...SIMPLE.

There are contestants that have defeated their benefactors in the past.

The important thing is, he stood to be counted.

Osinbajo absolutely have nothing to tell Nigeria after the current administration has failed woefully, after his 8years. Aside that he couldn't build a political structure knowing fully he will contest for president......
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by justified007: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2022
Tradegood:

As in, I shock as I read this part.

There's actually a west African president who i can't remember his name presently but I will make my research on him . He came to Lagos to thank Asiwaju for his support towards his election . It was from his mouth we heard how Tinubu sent people like Afikuyomi , Ojudu and other strategists to assist him in prosecuting his election and he won flawlessly eventually.

NB: Alpha Conde of Guinea Conakry
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by colestephan86: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2022
randev537:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/real-reasons-osinbajo-lost-apc-presidential-primary/
This people still don't understand,
It's all a game orchestrated by them both.
They want you to believe what they want you to believe, before the election, osinbajo was projected as the anointed candidate, and they played it so to remain like that
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by emmi14: 7:48am On Jun 09, 2022
festacman:
Contrary to many people's thinking, I don't believe Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's political career is at great risk for contesting against his mentor Asiwaju Tinubu. Having been VP, the only position to aspire to is President and there is nothing stopping from doing that in future. There is no 100% assurance Asiwaju Tinubu will win the presidential election. So, Osinbajo just needs to tarry, keep being himself, building goodwill and network across Nigeria.

Talking about Osinbajo betraying Tinubu, what do you use to describe what Ganduje did to Kwankwanso, what Amaechi/Wike did to Odili, what Oyetola did to Aregbesola, what Tambuwal did to Wammako, what Udom did to Akpabio, etc.?

The fact is that there comes a time when someone needs to take a bold leap of fate in life regardless of other people's opinions. However, one must courageous to the consequences of such bold move if goes south.
Well written. Thanks for your words.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by colestephan86: 7:49am On Jun 09, 2022
BigDawsNet:
undecided
Because it's all acting

How did you expect osinbanjo to win his master...
He got the VP offer Because of tinubu

Yoruba proverb... "person wey sabi ur coming go sabi your going "

It's all game to make it look like a big deal

Let me tell u...the next president after tinubu is alrdy on the list now...it's just like hosting a worldcup...

It's tinubu turn... nobody is going to take that away from him...

Those people that pay 100m will probably get back their check back
Smart thinking.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by derecho(m): 7:52am On Jun 09, 2022
Oga, the voting wasn't done by the average suffering Nigerian. It was done by delegates who went to represent those who handpicked them and to collect money.
Duru009:

Osinbajo absolutely have nothing to tell Nigeria after the current administration has failed woefully, after his 8years. Aside that he couldn't build a political structure knowing fully he will contest for president......

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by adaugo59216: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2022
HmmmHmmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Youths Mobilize Support For Peter Obi, Embark On Solidarity Walk(photo) / President Buhari's Congratulatory Tweet To D'Tigress: Nigerians React (Photos) / Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.