Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson (4402 Views)

Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP / Atiku’s Running Mate: PDP Raises Panel As Wike, Okowa Lobby For VP Slot / Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by mbos: 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
Rubbish, absolute nonsense,
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Britishpea: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
Rubbish. He won’t. If he does that what then differentiates him from other politicians who do things just for themselves and not for us?? Who then will take him seriously again? His Twitter fans will abandon him even though they don’t win elections.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by emmanuelbrown26: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
Help2020:

Don't let me curse you,remove Edo from your mouth. Edo don't like tinubu,have that in mind.
Abeg no cause anybody, I'm enjoying d analysis
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by maestroferddi: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

As usual, always commenting without facts. In 2019 when the election was between two northerners, APC got 32.15% of the total vote cast in the SS.

Rivers: 23.47%
Akwa Ibom: 30.31%
Bayelsa: 36.93%
Cross River: 27.80%
Delta: 26.67%
Edo : 47.77%.

So you see, getting over 40% across all SS states in 2023 if a SS don is denied the ticket will be a pice of cake. The fact that the candidate of APC in 2023 is a southerner with loyalist all over the region makes it even more easier. Ben Ayade is now in APC and Bayelsa people want David Lyon back in office.

Edo PDP is completely divided. All the candidates of the party are not from the governor’s camp. With Oshiomhole on the ticket in Edo north, it’s straight victory for the party.

Anyway, I don’t need to waste my time so much lecturing you on how things will play out in 2023. Believe whatever makes you happy, buddy.
You cherry-picked 2019 election which will militarized to depress voter turnout in the South East and South South....

Why not use the 2015 election results?

No problem, enjoy yourself for now but the long distance ahead will separate the marathoners from the sprinters...
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

If by south you mean SE, then there is no problem. SE vote is very insignificant in deciding the winner. SW will give Tinubu 70% while SS will give nothing less than 40%. So, there is nothing to fear.
SE is insignificant, ha, you must have been brainwashed, the reason Jonathan lost election was because SE didn't vote in 2015, reason Atiku lost was because SE didn't vote in 2019. I laugh when people who are uninformed come online to show case their ignorance. SE give block votes, in the case of 2011 election will prove to you. Here are two pictures first picture 2011 where Jonathan won, the whole states of SW couldn't surpass SE votes. Even though ibos are scattered everywhere, and Igbos are 40% population in Lagos. Now go back and and learn.

Second picture is 2015, when Biafra became more strong and people got fed up.

Becareful what you say about a tribe, no tribe is nothing in this country, especially if they are among the major tribes. Have a good day

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
doctokwus:
That's how they would be analyzing rubbish.
Atiku must be the most foo lish man on earth and a political novice if he overlooks the governors in the South that worked for his emergence and goes back to pick Peter Obi,just for sentimental reasons.
First,for the slight alone,governors in the South like Okowa,Akwa Ibom and even Wike,would work against him,even openly or clandestinely working for Tinubu.
Secondly,obi as Atiku's vice would not necessarily get the same traction as he is getting now for wanting to run as a presidential candidate himself.
Thirdly,Obi is being overtly overrated as a candidate capable of winning a presidential election,much like Osinbajo was overrated as a top candidate.He cannot comfortably win even in the SEast because not many politicians there are so enamoured of his candidacy and not many Ibos are swayed by his candidature,despite him being an Iboman himself.
But all said and done,with or without Obi,Atiku CANNOT defeat Tinubu.
The mathematics,whichever permutation is used,is just not in Atiku's favour.
So all these speculation of Obi being on his ticket or not,are just academic exercises because he simply cannot defeat Tinubu.
my boss, calm down, 2023 election is more than 6 months away, before then, obi will come back home, they have not even picked a vice, everyone is afraid,of obi already. 6 months is alot of time for party's to merge, for obi to do whatever it takes to win the north.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by emmanuelbrown26: 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Reality3080:
it is only igbos that hate tinubu n I believe u know that

U saw what northerners n south southerners did at d convention

It was only ogbonnaya onu that displayed madness as usual so no big deal nothing much is expected of an Igbo n u saw how he was ignored n everything went on smooth n fine

Remove igbos n u will realize nobody hates anybody
50 were massacres in Owo, today 15 were massacred again, u are here talking about removing Igbos and u will realize nobody hates anybody.
When nnam kalu was shouting it here, same yorubas called for his head
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

As usual, always commenting without facts. In 2019 when the election was between two northerners, APC got 32.15% of the total vote cast in the SS.

Rivers: 23.47%
Akwa Ibom: 30.31%
Bayelsa: 36.93%
Cross River: 27.80%
Delta: 26.67%
Edo : 47.77%.

So you see, getting over 40% across all SS states in 2023 if a SS don is denied the ticket will be a pice of cake. The fact that the candidate of APC in 2023 is a southerner with loyalist all over the region makes it even more easier. Ben Ayade is now in APC and Bayelsa people want David Lyon back in office.

Edo PDP is completely divided. All the candidates of the party are not from the governor’s camp. With Oshiomhole on the ticket in Edo north, it’s straight victory for the party.

Anyway, I don’t need to waste my time so much lecturing you on how things will play out in 2023. Believe whatever makes you happy, buddy.
you have been brainwashed.

[b]Jonathan had 12,853162 votes. 12 million plus votes

Buhari had 15,424921 15 plus million votes, now what's is the difference
Is
2,571759 2.5 million votes.

However in 2011, SE east produced 5.1 million votes for Jonathan, but only produced 2.701,745 million votes in 2015. If you minus this from the 5.1 million votes you get 2.3 million votes. If you added 2,398,255+12,853162= 15,251,417, and the SE votes would have doubled by 2015.

Jonathan 15,251,417 minus( -) Buhari 15,424921 = 173,504 thousand votes. Which the SE would have given him easily cause of double the population and registered voters then
Here are images to reference

First image 2011 election

Second screenshot 2015, also remember Biafra was still a threat in 2015.
Don't neglect any tribe

I have already showed you pictures, you can go and check them yourself.

If you want to check, go back and check when the East were voting and biafra was not a problem. And in 2023, because obi is coming, Biafra has died down for now. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by seunmsg(m): 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Victoronah1:
SE is insignificant, ha, you must have been brainwashed, the reason Jonathan lost election was because SE didn't vote in 2015, reason Atiku lost was because SE didn't vote in 2019. I laugh when people who are uninformed come online to show case their ignorance. SE give block votes, in the case of 2011 election will prove to you. Here are two pictures first picture 2011 where Jonathan won, the whole states of SW couldn't surpass SE votes. Even though ibos are scattered everywhere, and Igbos are 40% population in Lagos. Now go back and and learn.

Second picture is 2015, when Biafra became more strong and people got fed up.

Becareful what you say about a tribe, no tribe is nothing in this country, especially if they are among the major tribes. Have a good day

You guys are really funny to be honest. Why not bring out the result of 1993 June 12 election to prove your point? The most relevant result that can be used to predict 2023 is the 2019 election result that was conducted under similar circumstances that the 2023 election will be conducted.

See, the 2011 result was heavily rigged in the SS and SE by the Jonathan administration. When card reader was introduced in 2015, you can see the significant difference between the 2011 figures and 2015 figures. It even got worse for the PDP in 2019 when the election was supervised by APC.

In 2023, it can only get worse for PDP in the SE because the process is more cleaner so rigging to get the kind of 2011 figures is absolutely impossible. Ipob will impose sit at home. The few people that will come out and vote, their votes will be divided between LP, PDP and APC. Imo and Ebonyi state are now under APC and they will endure PDP is dealt with.

See, I’m tired of this back and forth. This is my last response to you. Believe whatever makes you feel good buddy.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

You guys are really funny to be honest. Why not bring out the result of 1993 June 12 election to prove your point? The most relevant result that can be used to predict 2023 is the 2019 election result that was conducted under similar circumstances that the 2023 election will be conducted.

See, the 2011 result was heavily rigged in the SS and SE by the Jonathan administration. When card reader was introduced in 2015, you can see the significant difference between the 2011 figures and 2015 figures. It even got worse for the PDP in 2019 when the election was supervised by APC.

In 2023, it can only get worse for PDP in the SE because the process is more cleaner so rigging to get the kind of 2011 figures is absolutely impossible. Ipob will impose sit at home. The few people that will come out and vote, their votes will be divided between LP, PDP and APC. Imo and Ebonyi state are now under APC and they will endure PDP is dealt with.

See, I’m tired of this back and forth. This is my last response to you. Believe whatever makes you feel good buddy.
you have been completely brainwashed. So you think there was no rigging in 2015 and 19. Check for manual voting election in 2019 and update your brain. And now you mentioned that it will be hard to rig elections now, how on earth do you think a governor who is in APC in ebonyi will have a say over who to vote. No governor on south east can stop sit at home movement, you have not heard " Igbo enwe eze" you can't tell an Igbo man who to vote, it's impossible. They only have power over delegates, and that's where it ends. Biafra has died down in the east because Peter obi is coming out, and that's fact. Any other thing, we no want.

And that's why the SE gives block votes. You can't tell them who to vote. Have a nice day.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

and just to burst your bubbles, there is no way tinubu can win the SS. Delta is majorly Igbo. Anioma tribe. Rivers is ikwere, a part of igbo, just like abakiliki, so on and forth. SS and SE are Biafra, and they can only vote Peter obi,
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Reality3080: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

50 were massacres in Owo, today 15 were massacred again, u are here talking about removing Igbos and u will realize nobody hates anybody.
When nnam kalu was shouting it here, same yorubas called for his head
nnamdi kanu is a retard who shouldn’t b taken serious,his madness led to what is happening in d east now

Don’t worry yorubas will sort themselves out
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Mrexcell(m): 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Easy victory for APC then. Tinubu will simply go into an alliance with Wike to deliver the SS. Already, states like Edo, Delta, Cross River and Akwa Ibom are toss up. Ignoring the SS and selecting a running mate from the SE will be the end of PDP.

U forgot the so called south south is of over 40% igbos.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mrexcell:

U forgot the so called south south is of over 40% igbos.
dude is brainwashed, by social media and what people on nairaland say. Amaechi, is SS, bit do you know Amaechi is an Ibo name? His full names are chibuike rotimi Amaechi,. He is ikwere, and ikwere is Igbo grin grin grin I just laugh. I told him this over and over. Even during the Biafra war the SS was included.

I laugh how tinubu plans to win SS grin grin grin the same Jonathan he fought to remove grin[b] grin grin[/b]
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by emmanuelbrown26: 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
Reality3080:
nnamdi kanu is a retard who shouldn’t b taken serious,his madness led to what is happening in d east now

Don’t worry yorubas will sort themselves out
Lolssssssss, typical afonja and their way. Sort what out, when another 15 were massacred like cow today in same locality.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by seunmsg(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
Victoronah1:
and just to burst your bubbles, there is no way tinubu can win the SS. Delta is majorly Igbo. Anioma tribe. Rivers is ikwere, a part of igbo, just like abakiliki, so on and forth. SS and SE are Biafra, and they can only vote Peter obi,

How’s Delta majorly Igbo?

How old are you buddy? Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko and Ijaws are the dominant tribes in Delta. Anioma Igbos are minority in Delta state.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

How’s Delta majorly Igbo?

How old are you buddy? Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko and Ijaws are the dominant tribes in Delta. Anioma Igbos are minority in Delta state.
itsekir, isoko, urhobo, ijaws, are all Biafra dude. You just don't understand, they are closer to the Igbos than youruba. It's impossible to keep and Ibo and keep youruba and they go with a youruba..

Prove me wrong bro grin grin

APC lost it, immediately they elected tinubu. APC is dead and caged

Peter obi Vs Atiku would have been a better fight. Not Tinubu, hello
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Mrfixitt(m): 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Easy victory for APC then. Tinubu will simply go into an alliance with Wike to deliver the SS. Already, states like Edo, Delta, Cross River and Akwa Ibom are toss up. Ignoring the SS and selecting a running mate from the SE will be the end of PDP.
Small sense you no get I swear. Do you know the population of the Igbos ? Keep talking trash
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Mrfixitt(m): 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

APC will win Edo definitely. Delta and Cross River may flip to APC if Okowa is denied the ticket. Akwa Ibom should be like 40% for APC and David Lyon should be able to deliver nothing less than 40% in Bayelsa.
Keep giving your self false hope. Apc can't get 30% vote in Old Bendel states. Know this and know peace
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Honlucas: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
Victoronah1:
itsekir, isoko, urhobo, ijaws, are all Biafra dude. You just don't understand, they are closer to the Igbos than youruba. It's impossible to keep and Ibo and keep youruba and they go with a youruba..

Prove me wrong bro grin grin

APC lost it, immediately they elected tinubu. APC is dead and caged

Peter obi Vs Atiku would have been a better fight. Not Tinubu, hello

i will quote u again after the election next year..

lmao deltans vote atiku over jagaban think again..

nb im a deltan. urhobo
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2022
Honlucas:

i will quote u again after the election next year..

lmao deltans vote atiku over jagaban think again..

nb im a deltan. urhobo
you're not any Delta urhobo shit, an urhobo man, will vote an Igbo over the two. Mr liar
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Honlucas: 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Victoronah1:
you're not any Delta urhobo shit, an urhobo man, will vote an Igbo over the two. Mr liar

are u ok??

im from eboh orogun delta state ughrlli north lga ..
i repeat we deltans will vote jagaban ... nt ibo or hausa
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Victoronah1: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
Honlucas:

are u ok??

im from eboh orogun delta state ughrlli north lga ..
i repeat we deltans will vote jagaban ... nt ibo or hausa
you're still a student in Unn, you still don't know politics. When you get to 25, then come and we can talk. have a nice day
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by omaclarry(m): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
doctokwus:
That's how they would be analyzing rubbish.
Atiku must be the most foo lish man on earth and a political novice if he overlooks the governors in the South that worked for his emergence and goes back to pick Peter Obi,just for sentimental reasons.
First,for the slight alone,governors in the South like Okowa,Akwa Ibom and even Wike,would work against him,even openly or clandestinely working for Tinubu.
Secondly,obi as Atiku's vice would not necessarily get the same traction as he is getting now for wanting to run as a presidential candidate himself.
Thirdly,Obi is being overtly overrated as a candidate capable of winning a presidential election,much like Osinbajo was overrated as a top candidate.He cannot comfortably win even in the SEast because not many politicians there are so enamoured of his candidacy and not many Ibos are swayed by his candidature,despite him being an Iboman himself.
But all said and done,with or without Obi,Atiku CANNOT defeat Tinubu.
The mathematics,whichever permutation is used,is just not in Atiku's favour.
So all these speculation of Obi being on his ticket or not,are just academic exercises because he simply cannot defeat Tinubu.

You just wrote gibberish. We in South East are swayed by PO's candidature. All of us, why do you think the faction presidential candidate withdrew? Him body for tell am for house.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Honlucas: 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
Victoronah1:
you're still a student in Unn, you still don't know politics. When you get to 25, then come and we can talk. have a nice day

cry me a river
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by richie3384: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
joy4news:
Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party in Ebonyi, Nwoba Chika Nwoba has said former governor of Anambra, Peter Obi, will be the running mate of Atiku Abubakar.

Quest Times earlier reported a faction of the Labour Party led by its former Deputy National Chairman, Callistus Okafor, on Wednesday elected Digar Ezenwafor as its presidential candidate for the 2023 general elections.

Reacting to the development, Nwoba opined it is a “ploy to give reason as to why Obi will no longer be contesting office of the president on the platform of the Labour Party”.

“Former Governor Peter Obi will be the running mate of Atiku Abubakar of the PDP in the 2023 presidential election,” the PDP spokesperson declared in a Facebook post.

Details>>>https://www.thequesttimes.com/why-peter-obi-will-be-atikus-running-mate-pdp-spokesperson/

Being just running mate is not enough for obi. Make him VP & minister of finance. Being finance minister alone is much better than VP. What did Osibanjo do as VP besides sharing 10,000 naira trademoni & condolences/visitation minister.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Kindledlight(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Atiku strongly believes In Obi no doubt but..

So you still get mouth to dey talk politics?
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by Acidosis(m): 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
SarkinYarki:
If we can pacify Wike with Minister of defense then this is not bad ....Obi must align with PDP so we can beat Jagaban conveniently

The only way to defeat BAT.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by manutdrichie(m): 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Stop deceiving yourself, the strongest political structure in an area will dictate who wins or not. Wike is the strongest political leader in the SS. He will heavily influence the outcome of the general election next year.

Apart from Wike, APC now has very serious heavyweights in the region. Oshiomole, Omo-Agege, Akpabio, Ben Ayade etc will pull massive crowd for the party. If Okowa is denied the VP slot, APC may flip Delta and Edo state at the presidential election.

You forgot how Akpabio was treated in the senatorial election in 2019. Go and check what APC got in that election,truth is that we are 80% PDP no matter d candidate
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by seunmsg(m): 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
manutdrichie:

You forgot how Akpabio was treated in the senatorial election in 2019. Go and check what APC got in that election,truth is that we are 80% PDP no matter d candidate

The same Akpabio that delivered 30% of total vote cast in 2019 to APC or which one?
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson by wingmanIII: 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Stop deceiving yourself, the strongest political structure in an area will dictate who wins or not. Wike is the strongest political leader in the SS. He will heavily influence the outcome of the general election next year.

Apart from Wike, APC now has very serious heavyweights in the region. Oshiomole, Omo-Agege, Akpabio, Ben Ayade etc will pull massive crowd for the party. If Okowa is denied the VP slot, APC may flip Delta and Edo state at the presidential election.

You know nothing! Wike is not that popular even in Rivers state. You don't live in the south south. Stick to SW.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Visited The Four Major Candidates With His Team (Pics) / Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency / 'Gas Flaring Is Illegal', Says Benin City High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.