Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Religious Killings - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Killings (1530 Views)

TFCOL: The Ondo Church Massacre: How Do We End Religious Killings In Nigeria? / Why I Refused To Speak Out On Killings In Nigeria — Pastor Adeboye / Paul Enenche Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen's Killings: "Enough Is Enough" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You no read the book? undecided

Again, by what standard are we to judge these things here? undecided

It was you who said the Hebrew nation had the right so I am asking you if those rights extend to other nations and if those rights covered genocide and land grabbing.
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
It was you who said the Hebrew nation had the right so I am asking you if those rights extend to other nations and if those rights covered genocide and land grabbing.
Yes, it did have right as a nation to do so. Other Nations did pretty much the same as history records it. undecided

So? undecided
Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:
They attacked their enemies and slaughtered everyone; men, women, children and even animals following the command of God. Will God really command men to kill their fellow men and even innocent children? This children didn't have a choice yet but they paid dearly with their lives. This wasn't Islamic terrorist or crusaders but the chosen people of God. Israelites! (1st Samuel 15) Many will justify the killings and say God is always right. So why are we condemning people today who are killing according to the command of their God?
Any extremists in any religion is capable of killing! Killing even innocent babies.

You largely miss the point. Whose god is commanding them to go on killing sprees, because muslins you seem to refer to deny this and do not practice it.
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yes, it did have right as a nation to do so. Other Nations did pretty much the same as history records it. undecided

So? undecided

So to be clear, your god gave the Hebrew nations the right to commit genocide and land annexation and extended this right to other nations?
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
So to be clear, your god gave the Hebrew nations the right to commit genocide and land annexation and extended this right to other nations?
Again...You no read the book? undecided

Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again...You no read the book? undecided

LordReed:

The standard you are using.
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
Then case closed. undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Then case closed. undecided

So I take it your final word is the god gave the Hebrews the right to commit genocide, annex land and extended that right to other nations.
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
So I take it your final word is the god gave the Hebrews the right to commit genocide, annex land and extended that right to other nations.
My final word? Na me write wetin dey for inside the book or what?. undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
My final word? Na me write wetin dey for inside the book or what?. undecided

Na you write for Nairaland. And wetin you write be say, una god give Hebrew people right to kill and comot people for dem land plus he comes give other tribe the same right.

1 Like

Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
Na you write for Nairaland. And wetin you write be say, una god give Hebrew people right to kill and comot people for dem land plus he comes give other tribe the same right.
undecided
I believe below is my exact statement.
Kobojunkie:
Israelites there refers to those of the Nation of Israel with the same rights as any other government in this world. undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided
I believe below is my exact statement.

And my question was:

LordReed:

Nations have the right to perform genocide? Nations have the right to annex land that is being held by other Nations?

Your response

Kobojunkie:
You mean even over the last 2000 years ago, your UN was there to ensure nations didn't carry out genocides or annex land being held by other Nations? undecided

And mine

LordReed:

So because no one stopped them it was a right?

Yours

Kobojunkie:
By what standard do you judge these things? undecided
Mine
LordReed:

The standard you are using.
Yours
Kobojunkie:
The standard I live by is God's. So again, by what standard are we to judge these things here. undecided
Mine
LordReed:

So it was god who gave them the right to commit genocide and annex other people's lands? God extends this to all nations?

Seems quite clear to me that you imply that your god gave the Hebrew the right to go perform genocide and land annexation but you have the chance once more to clarify where that right you claim they have came from.

1 Like

Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:

And my question was:
Your response
And mine
Yours
Mine
Yours
Mine
Seems quite clear to me that you imply that your god gave the Hebrew the right to go perform genocide and land annexation but you have the chance once more to clarify where that right you claim they have came from.
According to the book, God constituted the Nation of Israel, and gave them Law .i.e. a Constitution which bestowed on them the right to act as any other Nation would. undecided

It is written nowhere in History that genocides and land annexation were committed only by only the Nation Israel at even that point in time or any other. undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
According to the book, God constituted the Nation of Israel, and gave them Law .i.e. a Constitution which bestowed on them the right to act as any other Nation would. undecided

It is written nowhere in History that genocides and land annexation were committed only by only the Nation Israel at even that point in time or any other. undecided

So the god gave them the right to commit genocide and land annexation just like every other nation that was doing the same.

1 Like

Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
So the god gave them the right to commit genocide and land annexation just like every other nation that was doing the same.
Considering what is written, it seems that way. undecided

Would you have preferred if they has written that there God had instead given them a Constitution that limited them in ways others nations weren't? undecided
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
Image123:

You largely miss the point. Whose god is commanding them to go on killing sprees, because muslins you seem to refer to deny this and do not practice it.
If I understand ma die cheesy cheesy
Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

If I understand ma die cheesy cheesy

If you don't understand me, how can you understand the Word of God that is not understood by the flesh?
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Train a child in the way he should go and when he's old he won't depart from it. That's what religion is. No reasoning. Accept what you're told and defend it. That's just a few of stuff I have issues with in the bible(justifying what's wrong) . "I believe in God, but take religion out of it." Morgan Freeman. The most terrible people I have come across with are religious. Go on a personal journey and discover God for yourself because religion was created out of human greed.
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Image123:

If you don't understand me, how can you understand the Word of God that is not understood by the flesh?
Who's name are Islamic terrorist killing for?
Re: Religious Killings by michaelwestern(m): 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:
They attacked their enemies and slaughtered everyone; men, women, children and even animals following the command of God. Will God really command men to kill their fellow men and even innocent children? This children didn't have a choice yet but they paid dearly with their lives. This wasn't Islamic terrorist or crusaders but the chosen people of God. Israelites! (1st Samuel 15) Many will justify the killings and say God is always right. So why are we condemning people today who are killing according to the command of their God?
Any extremists in any religion is capable of killing! Killing even innocent babies.

God is love, know this and know peace.
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:
Train a child in the way he should go and when he's old he won't depart from it. That's what religion is. No reasoning. Accept what you're told and defend it. That's just a few of stuff I have issues with in the bible(justifying what's wrong) . "I believe in God, but take religion out of it." Morgan Freeman. The most terrible people I have come across with are religious. Go on a personal journey and discover God for yourself because religion was created out of human greed.
The Way referred to by David in that Psalm is actually a referncef to the Law of Moses aka the National Constitution given to the State of Israel by God. In essence, what God required was that everyone in the land be trained to obey the Law of the land so that they all live as law abiding citizens in the end. undecided

Surely, you can see how that makes sense even to your non-religious mind. undecided
Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

Who's name are Islamic terrorist killing for?

Whose name are our politicians stealing for?
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
Image123:

Whose name are our politicians stealing for?
This is about religion sir.. The leaders use religion to subdue and blind while they take what they want.. We will be busy fighting for God.
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Way referred to by David in that Psalm is actually a referncef to the Law of Moses aka the National Constitution given to the State of Israel by God. In essence, what God required was that everyone in the land be trained to obey the Law of the land so that they all live as law abiding citizens in the end. undecided

Surely, you can see how that makes sense even to your non-religious mind. undecided
If you're talking about obeying what doesn't make sense I am out

Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Considering what is written, it seems that way. undecided

Would you have preferred if they has written that there God had instead given them a Constitution that limited them in ways others nations weren't? undecided

So one nation says god said we can commit genocide and another nation commits genocide for their own reasons, what's the difference between them?
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
So one nation says god said we can commit genocide and another nation commits genocide for their own reasons, what's the difference between them?
Why do you seek a difference between them in these things though? undecided
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

If you're talking about obeying what doesn't make sense I am out
Again, The Way referred to by David in that Psalm is actually a referncef to the Law of Moses aka the National Constitution given to the State of Israel by God. In essence, what God required was that everyone in the land be trained to obey the Law of the land so that they all live as law abiding citizens in the end. undecided

Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

This is about religion sir.. The leaders use religion to subdue and blind while they take what they want.. We will be busy fighting for God.

Our answers are a bit different but it shows the same thing. For me, they steal in the name of working for the people/Nigeria. The point though is that whatever name they use doesn't mean that is what drives them. The majority of muslins all over the world, including the Koran show that their deity did not command them to go on a killing spree, grabbing lands.
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why do you seek a difference between them in these things though? undecided

Because the bible said the Hebrew nation was supposed to be a "crown jewel"?

“Therefore be careful to observe them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples who will hear all these statutes, and say, ‘Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.’ For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him?’” (Deuteronomy 4:5-7)
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
Because the bible said the Hebrew nation was supposed to be a "crown jewel"?

“Therefore be careful to observe them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples who will hear all these statutes, and say, ‘Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.’ For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him?’” (Deuteronomy 4:5-7)
So did the people ever get around to carefully obeying the Laws as commanded so the other nations could see them as a wise and understanding people ? undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So did the people ever get around to carefully obeying the Laws as commanded so the other nations could see them as a wise and understanding people ? undecided

Well I dunno, you said their god gave them the right to be like other nations so how does that jell with them supposedly becoming standouts?
Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

Not training up a child will be better in your opinion right? No education, no morals, just food and clothing? Where's the reasoning in that?
If the most terrible people you have met were religious, you have not met anybody yet. You don't pray to meet the likes of Mao Zedong, Stalin, Hitler or Genghis Khan. You'll immediately venerate the people you met.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truly Americas Days Are Numbered, Read This And Tell Me What You Think / DANA AIRCRAFT Crash-oyedepo Saved My Family From Death! / Vision Of Rapture: Without Restitution You Wont Be Raptured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.