Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Religious Killings - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Killings (1527 Views)

TFCOL: The Ondo Church Massacre: How Do We End Religious Killings In Nigeria? / Why I Refused To Speak Out On Killings In Nigeria — Pastor Adeboye / Paul Enenche Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen's Killings: "Enough Is Enough" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Killings by Trevor007007(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
People who kill in the name of religion are evil, but if the Almighty himself decides to take the life of people he only does that to those whom he deemed as been wicked, he said he will destroy only the wicked and allow the righteous to remain, the Israelites of the past killed those whom the creator deemed as been wicked, both fathers, mothers, pregnant women, single ladies, married couples, children because they will or might have the traits of there parents, the only one who can foresee this is the creator the Almighty God himself and so he has the ultimate right to decide there fate, whether they should live or die is his choice, we can't decide or debate for him, (if you like debate that one na your cup of tea) as imperfect humans we can not decide and should not try to decide for him, our choices are filled with flaws, that is why we have too many religious fanatics, if they can not kill you with there hands like the Islamic terrorist of today, they will kill you with there mouth like the pastorprenuers of the churches of today, so God's choices is the best for humans, and soon he will put an end to all wickedness, lawlessness and injustices on this Earth soon.
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
Well I dunno, you said their god gave them the right to be like other nations so how does that jell with them supposedly becoming standouts?
You posted a passage which clearly states that there standing out among other nations depends on their obedience of the laws commanded of them so I am rightly asking you if the people ever did get around to joining just that. undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You posted a passage which clearly states that there standing out among other nations depends on their obedience of the laws commanded of them so I am rightly asking you if the people ever did get around to joining just that. undecided

And you said your god gave them the right to be like other nations so you need to reconcile how they can be both like other nations and standout.
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
And you said your god gave them the right to be like other nations so you need to reconcile how they can be both like other nations and standout.
According to the story, He constituted the Nation and gave them a Constitution to boot. And according to the passage you posted, their standing out was hinged upon their obedience of the Law given them, so? undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
According to the story, He constituted the Nation and gave them a Constitution to boot. And according to the passage you posted, their standing out was hinged upon their obedience of the Law given them, so? undecided

And according to you he gave them the right to be exactly like other nations. So which is it, he gave them the right to be like other nations or he wanted them to standout?
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
LordReed:
And according to you he gave them the right to be exactly like other nations. So which is it, he gave them the right to be like other nations or he wanted them to standout?
They were a nation like other nations, where they not? undecided

Ou they had an ace in the hole which could set them apart from other nations if they obeyed. What part of this is any different from what has been presented so far on this? undecided
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Image123:

Not training up a child will be better in your opinion right? No education, no morals, just food and clothing? Where's the reasoning in that?
If the most terrible people you have met were religious, you have not met anybody yet. You don't pray to meet the likes of Mao Zedong, Stalin, Hitler or Genghis Khan. You'll immediately venerate the people you met.
Training in morals is very necessary. I am advocate for good morals but training a child in religion that sees itself as Saint and others as the enemy is what I am against. I work with children. The first thing they say when they hear about another religion is those people are bad. They will go to hell.
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
Image123:

Our answers are a bit different but it shows the same thing. For me, they steal in the name of working for the people/Nigeria. The point though is that whatever name they use doesn't mean that is what drives them. The majority of muslins all over the world, including the Koran show that their deity did not command them to go on a killing spree, grabbing lands.
Okay
Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 4:42am On Jun 11, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

Training in morals is very necessary. I am advocate for good morals but training a child in religion that sees itself as Saint and others as the enemy is what I am against. I work with children. The first thing they say when they hear about another religion is those people are bad. They will go to hell.

Morals is summarily about good and bad, right and wrong. If morals are very necessary as you agree, there's no way you would not know the right and the wrong way. A Christian child will tell you the good or right way and things. Of course a sinner, what you call thieves, murderers, rapists etc. are bad people and children should not follow such. A Christian child loves everyone and prays for everyone to repent and go to Heaven/be godly. They don't want or rejoice in anyone going to hell or do your children rejoice?
Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 4:45am On Jun 11, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

Okay

Good, so your OP is flawed as there's no one or people today who are killing according to the command of their God. i believe that is clear and you can see why even their fellow muslins condemn such actions openly?
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2022
Image123:

Good, so your OP is flawed as there's no one or people today who are killing according to the command of their God. i believe that is clear and you can see why even their fellow muslins condemn such actions openly?
I don't know if you are just being blind or something. Deborah was killed in cold blood. Tell me that wasn't for religion. In Islamic states you dare not practice another religion else you'll be killed. Really? The all loving God kills his own children because they refuse serving him? There is no way you'll paint Islam as religion of peace and I don't blame them since the God of Christians also permitted such before. Don't come telling me that was then and now Jesus blah blah blah... The bible says God never change!
Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

I don't know if you are just being blind or something. Deborah was killed in cold blood. Tell me that wasn't for religion. In Islamic states you dare not practice another religion else you'll be killed. Really? The all loving God kills his own children because they refuse serving him? There is no way you'll paint Islam as religion of peace and I don't blame them since the God of Christians also permitted such before. Don't come telling me that was then and now Jesus blah blah blah... The bible says God never change!

People are killed for religious reasons but don't say it is the command of their god, there's no proof of that. There are many Christians in Islamic states, i guess you refer to northern states in Nigeria?
Re: Religious Killings by ToyBoyAaron(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2022
Image123:

People are killed for religious reasons but don't say it is the command of their god, there's no proof of that. There are many Christians in Islamic states, i guess you refer to northern states in Nigeria?
undecided undecided

Re: Religious Killings by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

undecided undecided

The truth is that a mighty spirit being has been using deceitful means to dominate mankind for thousands of years. He uses whatever is at his disposal e.g wealth, affluence, fame, racism, beauty and finally CULTISM to tighten the bond between his agents whom he is using to rule the world! 1John 5:19 compare to John 14:30

All these has been his tools until he later introduced CULTISM into worship and subtly all the religions on earth has become meeting point for Satan's agents who wants to dominate the world. Rome was the nation where Satan introduced this CULTISM in worship and Romans ruled longer than any other world power through the Catholic Church. This is what the Arabs discovered that made them initiate a cult group and began going throughout the earth using force to recruit soldiers who are fighting for them to take over from Catholics. But it was too late because by the time Arabs will wake up the Western world has declared FREEDOM OF SPEECH, EXPRESSION, WORSHIP and ASSOCIATION that's why the Eastern world and the West are always at loggerheads till now. So don't think those killing people are doing so for God Naaaaaaaaaaaaa rather they are trying to dominate the world but the tool they're using today is FALSE RELIGIONS!
The one and only true religion has successfully erased politics, racism and military services from the hearts of their own members globally! Isaiah 2:2-4 smiley
Re: Religious Killings by Image123(m): 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

undecided undecided

i thought you referred to northern Nigerian states. In the OT, only the Israelites were not allowed to worship other gods, other nationalities worshiped their gods. In fact, the irony was that it was very stressful to convert to Judaism, it was not very "encouraged".
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
They were a nation like other nations, where they not? undecided

Ou they had an ace in the hole which could set them apart from other nations if they obeyed. What part of this is any different from what has been presented so far on this? undecided

Oh wow, just seeing this.

That's exactly the point there is no difference. They were just like every other nation, killing and annexing land. That they said that a god commanded them to do it didn't make them any different.

1 Like

Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

Oh wow, just seeing this.

That's exactly the point there is no difference. They were just like every other nation, killing and annexing land. That they said that a god commanded them to do it didn't make them any different.
Here's my response to another thread.
Kobojunkie:
The Law of Moses is the Constitution of Israel given by God to the people of Israel — a nation of men, not gods. Israel is a nation constituted in the world of men hence the reason why, like every other such construction at the time, it had to reflect that which was acceptable for men. Again, the Israelites were not gods and God didn't program them to live as gods among men. Instead, God included special laws in the constitution which were meant to set people apart from other nations only if they obeyed Him as a people. But we all know how that went down with the people. So, why do you continue to insist the Law should have included only rules made for gods and not that acceptable for a nation of men? undecided
In your case, should God not have helped the people of Israel in doing pretty much what other nations at the time also considered acceptable as far as nation building ? undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here's my response to another thread. In your case, should God not have helped the people of Israel in doing pretty much what other nations at the time considered acceptable ? undecided

Of course not. If the god was real why would Israel be like every other nation that wasn't supported by such a god? Asking them to buy slaves doesn’t make them standout. Asking them to enslave virgin women while killing every other thing and person does not make them standout. If anything it is clear these were just men like every other men of their time with no "divine" support of any kind.

Even if I was to accept that the Israelites had some advantage, with what we know of history you mean that at no point did they take advantage of it?
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:
1. Of course not. If the god was real why would Israel be like every other nation that wasn't supported by such a god? Asking them to buy slaves doesn’t make them standout. Asking them to enslave virgin women while killing every other thing and person does not make them standout. If anything it is clear these were just men like every other men of their time with no "divine" support of any kind.

2. Even if I was to accept that the Israelites had some advantage, with what we know of history you mean that at no point did they take advantage of it?
1. Again, the constitution had Laws similar to that of other nations and they were not gods but men. So?. undecided

2. Take advantage of what exactly? Please explain. undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Again, the constitution had Laws similar to that of other nations and they were not gods but men. So?. undecided

2. Take advantage of what exactly? Please explain. undecided

1. Then they were not special.

2. You said the god gave them a way to standout so they never took advantage of it?
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:
1. Then they were not special.

2. You said the god gave them a way to standout so they never took advantage of it?
1. They are not gods - Deuteronomy 9 vs 1 - 6. undecided

2. OK. undecided
Re: Religious Killings by LordReed(m): 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. They are not gods - Deuteronomy 9 vs 1 - 6. undecided

2. OK. undecided

I didn't say they were gods.

Ok what? OK they never took advantage of their trump card?
Re: Religious Killings by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6 is the answer you seek in this. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If There Are Many Other Gods We Don't Yet Know Of ? / Is The Muslim Allah Crippled? Why Does The Quran Say This...? / It Is Good For A Woman To Be The Pastor Of A Church And It Is Biblically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.