Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) (35855 Views)

Shettima Should Handle Security, Tinubu Economy As Promised - Obi / Datti Ahmed: Tinubu, Shettima Should Resign So Akpabio Can Conduct Elections / This Is Why Atiku Is After Tinubu (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Mhudi: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
Please bring on the Muslim-Muslim ticket so that the insignificant Christian votes, as you said, in Kaduna, Benue, Plateau, Taraba, etc. can be confirmed.quote [author=ebbo post=113651352]

Christians votes from the north is insignificant na, u guys are far far minority with out an head office.
Next time pls remove Kaduna,Kogi,Nasarawa and Niger state from ur analysis i carry God beg u, because these 4 states are muslim states.
Niger,Kaduna and Nasarawa states all have muslim governors and deputies. Whereby to become a governor in Kogi state u must be a muslim first.[/quote]
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Oplomo: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
plaindealer:

Typical SE mentality, you comedians spewed endless rubbish that Asiwaju will not win the primaries and you lost, he won convincingly, not you are on another foolish errand..

Atiku's political structure is in Dubai, the Northern political structure in Nigeria is in the hands of all the Northern governors supporting Tinubu and their people vote based on their dictates regardless of whether the person is Christian or Muslim, it's all about the directives from their leaders.

Kano alone don wipe out whatever meager votes he picked off the ground from you in the SE, and in the SW, he's majorly dead on arrival..

You are a perfect reflection of the reason why the SE is a serial loser.. grin grin

Go and check my comment and banter with you rAPC brother seunmsg when he was supporting Wike at the primaries in the guise of "southern unity'.

I told point blank that he wants to weaken PDP by prefering Wike whom he knows will be trashed by APC's tinubu..

I don't do emotional rubbish. If you are not ready for practical politics, go and sleep.
Can you go to naijabet and place 500k on tinubu if you are sure of your convictions? Put your money where your mouth it is.. No time. grin

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2022
babaolofin:

OK. You will be disappointed as it happened in 1993 and as El Rufai disappointed you at Kaduna.
With the current tension in the Country Muslim-Muslim candidate if they win more tension in the country and if Boko or ISWAP strike Christians will retaliate because our believe will be they have the backing of the presidency
Guy if APC try it and succeeded na religious war will be the end game mark my words
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Ratorichie(m): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

Let this sink, Atiku is not a threat to SW presidency, highest votes he will receive should be 10m or less cos Obi would be the saboteur as Pdp votes would be shared between LP and Pdp while the Apc votes remain intact
Apc vote remain intact ko, intact ni.
Kwankwaso will have something to say about that in Kano.
in 2019, Lagos, it was 500k to Buhari.
400K to Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:
Good. Bring your Muslim-muslim ticket.

Atiku's media machine will be happy to milk it and monopolize Christian votes both in the North and South.[/s] grin

Even in yorubaland. I don't see yoruba christians, RCCG or Winners teeming members voting Muslim-muslim ticket with the current state of the country. grin

Atiku should start using the title President-in-Waiting already. grin grin
Atiku being a muslim can't dare criticize muslim muslim ticket. If he does it will be used against him in the north. Atiku may succeed weeping up the religious sentiment of southern voters, but surely not the north.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Oplomo: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
NOETHNICITY my yoruba mooslim brother, the cancel button doesn't work against us, you were not informed too? grin

The muslim-muslim ticket will not be criticized by Atiku in the North, he'll only need his political strategists to stealthily target the message to Southern and northern christians. grin

While in the Northern muslim areas, they remind them about the spirit of Arewa and the dangers of voting a southern kuffar as president.. grin
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Broveens42(m): 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
LongBig:

Religion won’t dictate this coming election and a Muslim-Muslim ticket won’t be an issue! That is the best bet for the apc! Nobody cares what Atiku and his media aids feed on!

Lol
Don't get too excited. You think primaries are like general election?
Just try Muslim Muslim ticket and you will know why Nigerians are religious fanatics.
All Atiku need do is to send same people from the South to warn against Islamization (political tool)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Broveens42(m): 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Atiku being a muslim can't dare criticize muslim muslim ticket. If he does it will be used against him in the north. Atiku may succeed weeping up the religious sentiment of southern voters, but surely not the north.

He doesn't need to. Southern politicians will do that for him.. the Islamization slogan is a very potent political tool against Muslim Muslim ticket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by AntonVince: 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Femi8586:

Tinubu will lose woefully if he dare tries Muslim Muslim ticket.
You think he should be afraid of northern Muslims but shouldn't be afraid of northern, southwest, south east and south south Christians?

You think Christians will accept Muslim Muslim ticket but notherners would never accept a Christian notherner as vice?

The most sensible post I've seen thus far on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Oplomo: 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
Broveens42:

He doesn't need to. Southern politicians will do that for him.. the Islamization slogan is a very potent political tool against Muslim Muslim ticket

You are smart...

These tinubu guys are either jokers or just pretending to have forgotten the rubrics of ethno-religious politics in the nigerian politicosphere. grin
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:
If Apc, Tinubu and SW as a region want to win the presidency, the Muslim-Muslim ticket is the only perfect combo cos I doubt if North will vote Christian VP or a female VP irrespective of Religion.

I watched Shettima speaking on Channels TV. He was able to pass his message maturely without throwing tantrum. He should be a good candidate for VP.

Shettima is from NE same as Atiku, as long as Buhari and co in NW will keep to their promises, NE votes would be shared. NC are the election deciders in Nigeria, SW have been maintaining their friendships with them.

Pdp and LP would share SE/SS votes, Apc should at least be gett6 25% from those 2 regions, SW is secured

Bro, in this dispensation where religion is a huge cause for division and ethnic tensions?

Haba, considering all the happenings in this country, why would you think people will vote such?

I'm not a political person per SE but that doesn't seem like the right move
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ballack1:
President Muslim
Senates President Muslim
Speaker Muslim
Party Chairman Muslim
Presidential candidate Muslim

So how do you expect Christians to have trust in your party ?

My thoughts exactly

There is no way such leadership would speak out against religious Intolerance practiced by the Muslims in the north

I'm beginning to think the op is a muslim
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
Angelfrost:
A sickly President with a fit terrorist sponsor as VP!

Just tell me how Nigeria won't "move forward"?!?

Like I said, the South has truly chosen to be unfortunate!

Bros, I tell you
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:
The truth may hurt but the reality is this SE votes are going to obi and PDP, SS votes are going to PDP. APC needs SW and Northern votes. We will vote Muslim Muslim ticket in the SW and it will sell in the North. You go where the votes are!!!!

besides we need to get away from religion from our politics if we are not yet mature to get away from tribal sentiments.

You're being insincere. If we really need to remove religion from politics, why not an Osimbajo and Dogara Christian ticket? Why must it be a muslim Muslim ticket?

Let's be sincere please

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
Tareq1105:

South West stands with Tinubu irrespective of his Vice. Tinubu is not a religion fanatics. His family members are christians starting with his wife. Christians are okay with him.

Speak for yourself bros
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Okhuadams(m): 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:
If Apc, Tinubu and SW as a region want to win the presidency, the Muslim-Muslim ticket is the only perfect combo cos I doubt if North will vote Christian VP or a female VP irrespective of Religion.

I watched Shettima speaking on Channels TV. He was able to pass his message maturely without throwing tantrum. He should be a good candidate for VP.

Shettima is from NE same as Atiku, as long as Buhari and co in NW will keep to their promises, NE votes would be shared. NC are the election deciders in Nigeria, SW have been maintaining their friendships with them.

Pdp and LP would share SE/SS votes, Apc should at least be gett6 25% from those 2 regions, SW is secured
Keep u your Bloody opinion to ur Bloody self
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
kevclin:
That will be catastrophic for APC. Muslim-Muslim ticket will never sell. It shouldn't even be contemplated. With such combination, Tinubu can't even win South-West.

I tell you bro

My family of Christians are already deciding to vote Peter Obi and we are Yorubas by the way
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
Femi8586:

Tinubu will lose woefully if he dare tries Muslim Muslim ticket.
You think he should be afraid of northern Muslims but shouldn't be afraid of northern, southwest, south east and south south Christians?

You think Christians will accept Muslim Muslim ticket but notherners would never accept a Christian notherner as vice?

The guy said beautiful nonsense

Already, Nigerians are not happy with Northern religious bigotry, you now want to add Muslim plus Muslim Northern ticket

That's when Timunu would know that he never had south west in his pocket
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
MartinsD12:

Sometimes I wonder the kind of senseless post you op post here it's very Unacceptable and very unreasonable I wonder why seun should allow this post even appear on nairaland, muslim to muslim is Nigeria an Islamic country , mods or moderators if you online please take this post down immediately it is insulting the sensibility of Christians in Nigeria, if you leave this post it means nairaland is Islamic website only.

Loll, bro I understand your angst

What the OP posted was insulting to the sensibilities of Christians all over Nigeria

Tinubu would be committing political seppuku to try that nonsense
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
Paretomaster1:

My thought exactly.... Muslim Muslim ticket is sure to win it for APC than with a Christian VP.

Shettima really impressed me with the facts, and figures used to back up his argument during the interview..

He is still stained by his supposed role in Boko Haram
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
PrinceofAnambra:
Never! No be only Shettima, na Maitama undecided. What a load of bunkum. Ganduje is the chosen VP for Tinubu. PDP will be coming with an Atiku/Wike ticket and APC needs a Tinubu/Ganduje ticket to defeat them. The KKK states need to be secured on total lockdown .

How is what you said different from what OP wrote?

Ganduje is a muslim..haba
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
ebbo:

You are one of the realistic individual in this forum, u re so close to the reality on ground. Good analysis bro. But we need people like Elrufai with strong ginger to move development faster, But that said, the North East deserve the VP slot more than any zone in the North. Although we(majority) in the north don't really care which part of the zone of the North u are from as long u are a Muslim. Iam just being truthful oh.

You're northern and a muslim right?

Of course, his write up would make sense to you
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:

You can play the religion card all you like but like I tell the ibos all the time, you can only dictate when you have the numbers. if you want to win an election and you dont have numbers you MUST appease the people that will likely vote for you. You and I know that Tinubu is a moderate Muslim, his record in Lagos and the SW in terms of his key people is there to see, not to mention his wife is a Deacon! if you want to get bogged down in religious sentiment thats your business but you wont advance your cause. Let me remind you sometimes you have to make gestures to build relationships. We have not forgotten that when our own was under fire, it was the Northern governors that said 1) no power must go to the south and 2) it will go to the SW 3) it will go to Tinubu. Let us not forget they fought for us, a SW man is on the ticket because the North fought on our behalf. If a Muslim Muslim ticket is what is needed to complete the job, so be it, the truth is it doesnt affect your life 1 iota!!! You and I know we are not that bothered about religion until the politicians and penrtecostal churches started to manipulate some of us. Dont allow others to polute your thinking, a yoruba man normally doesnt think like that.

The truth is there is nothing anybody can to to christians or Muslims, the law protects us. But more importantly, When the time comes, upon all your noise you and all the other SW christian who were going to vote APC will vote for whoever Tinubu selects as his VP....... you know it, I know it.

Stop your big lies please..this has gotten too much

Don't ever use your rotten mouth to mention pentecostal pastors again

The leaked audio of Minister of communications as an Imam declaring religious war was by a pentecostal pastor abi?

The killers of Deborah were pentecostal pastors?

Chibok incident and Boko Haram are also pentecostal pastors?

If you want a muslim Muslim ticket because you're a muslim, say so. Don't used your ogi brain to drag pentecostal pastors into this please

Idiot
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

Then go ahead with it and lets meet at the polls... grin grin

Muslim Muslim will be dead on arrival

Some people go so cry for polls walahi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:27pm On Jun 09, 2022
miqos02:
south westerners are not religious fanatics, you claimed RCCG members will not vote tinubu if he present a mislim vice forgetting that his wife is a top RCCG member and an ordained pastor at that.

What clout does his wife have within RCCG?

Is it as large as Osinbajo's?
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Blueelf: 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
fashrola:

So you only care about how this monsters win without any concrete plans for your kid's future?

May Nigeria happen to your household X3

Because I can't see how a sane being would wakeup with bonus data to be a dummy on a social platform

The guy just showed his stupidity

With the religious climate here and there, an idiot would still wake up and think a muslim Muslim ticket is best because he wants his party to win election?

Seriously, I hope they suffer the same fate others have suffered because of Northern religious Intolerance
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by grandstar(m): 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
AntiMahdi:

Yaribanza mumuric talk

Shittima that orchestrated the whole Chibok debacle?

God punish your tinubu Boko ambitions

How did he orchestrate it?

Shettima is from the University sector. Zulum who replaced him too is a lecturer and has 8nvested massively in education.

He being the orchestrator of the kidnap is sheer bunkum. Even BH said they did not even know the gravity of their action if not for the level of attention it received. They were clueless. They are illiterates. This was probably not the first time they had kidnapped hundreds of people. Only difference now was they were teenage female students resident in a school.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

Palm wine analysis... APC 25% in SS/SE. As per how? Is it the same Tinubu that helped APC chase Jonathan away from office?
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by plaindealer: 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Shebi Tinubu would lose Oyo state because the "structures" are with Seyi Makinde grin grin

The issue on the table is bigger than Makinde.

You people can not make any sane and rational political argument..

It's pointless going back and forth with you and your kind, too much comedy, you are only good for entertainment.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by LongBig(m): 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol
Don't get too excited. You think primaries are like general election?
Just try Muslim Muslim ticket and you will know why Nigerians are religious fanatics.
All Atiku need do is to send same people from the South to warn against Islamization (political tool)

Lol I laugh in Swahili!!! You want me to break it down for you? So relax and listen, All apc need to do is to win the core north, “most”of us in the south west are liberal so I can confirm to you with my full chest that apc is winning the west! only the south south and southeast might object AND THEY WONT BE THE DETERMINANT!!! Take it to the bank!!
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by WildChild00(m): 11:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:
Good. Bring your Muslim-muslim ticket.

Atiku's media machine will be happy to milk it and monopolize Christian votes both in the North and South. grin

Even in yorubaland. I don't see yoruba christians, RCCG or Winners teeming members voting Muslim-muslim ticket with the current state of the country. grin

Atiku should start using the title President-in-Waiting already. grin grin

Tinubu is disadvantaged in the areas of choosing a VP, if he Tinubu choses a Christian VP from the Northern region of Nigeria, the Norther Moslems will vote against him, if He choses a Northern Moslem the Christian community both North and South will vote against him for trying to turn the country to Moslim country.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by OtunbaJ: 12:00am On Jun 10, 2022
U must be foolish to even think of such not talk of saying it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Petrol Bombs, Weapons Recovered From Nnamdi Kanu’s House - Abia CP / Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention / Simeon Nwankwo, Soludo's Father Dies At 92

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.