Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) (35809 Views)

Shettima Should Handle Security, Tinubu Economy As Promised - Obi / Datti Ahmed: Tinubu, Shettima Should Resign So Akpabio Can Conduct Elections / This Is Why Atiku Is After Tinubu (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Remman(m): 12:01am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:
If Apc, Tinubu and SW as a region want to win the presidency, the Muslim-Muslim ticket is the only perfect combo cos I doubt if North will vote Christian VP or a female VP irrespective of Religion.

I watched Shettima speaking on Channels TV. He was able to pass his message maturely without throwing tantrum. He should be a good candidate for VP.

Shettima is from NE same as Atiku, as long as Buhari and co in NW will keep to their promises, NE votes would be shared. NC are the election deciders in Nigeria, SW have been maintaining their friendships with them.

Pdp and LP would share SE/SS votes, Apc should at least be gett6 25% from those 2 regions, SW is secured
It will be a big rig if Tinubu wins as a southern Muslim... The only solution is that he defects to christianity! Go to a very popular church kneels and give his life to christ before a very popular pastor. Then he can win but as a southern muslim, he's bound to fail!
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by grandstar(m): 12:50am On Jun 10, 2022
Oplomo:

1) As seen with Deborah, Northern christians are very faithful even at the risk of martydom, and won't be voting a muslim-muslim ticket.

2) The northern muslims won't be intimidating them this time from voting, because the Northern christians will be voting the northern muslim with a christian as VP. All for the north. And all for Atiku. grin

3) You see the dynamics? Tinubu has a huge tide to swim against. I pray he survives this one with his poor health. grin

Dogara is a Christian from Bauchi. There are actually many Christians like him that can be VP. He probably speaks fluent Hausa and should have a wide political base in the North. As a former speaker, this is a given. I used to think like you that there was no possible "Christian" VP candidates.

Secondly, a Muslim Muslim ticket can still win the election. Yorubas are swing voters and a Muslim Muslim ticket won't be that of a big deal since it's their kinsmen vying for the presidency.

GEJ won in all Southwest states in 2011 except in Osun state where Aregbesola's popularity was just too much at that time. By 2015, GEJ dismal performance and Buhari's resurgence was his waterloo.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Ajibocode1: 1:15am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:
If Apc, Tinubu and SW as a region want to win the presidency, the Muslim-Muslim ticket is the only perfect combo cos I doubt if North will vote Christian VP or a female VP irrespective of Religion.

I watched Shettima speaking on Channels TV. He was able to pass his message maturely without throwing tantrum. He should be a good candidate for VP.

Shettima is from NE same as Atiku, as long as Buhari and co in NW will keep to their promises, NE votes would be shared. NC are the election deciders in Nigeria, SW have been maintaining their friendships with them.

Pdp and LP would share SE/SS votes, Apc should at least be gett6 25% from those 2 regions, SW is secured

All the region in this country is No go for anyone among them, in southwest for instance other tribes constitute 35% of vote cast in Lagos and 25% cast in other remaining southwest states but in the Southeast and south south they do not like APC at all and no winner will emerge without winning in all part of the country And don’t forget that Atiku is strong in the north as an only northern presidential contestant in the northeast and Kwankwaso in his own side so is only north central is left for contest for which you know from ages they vote for PDP because of other tribes that dominate there.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Ajibocode1: 1:25am On Jun 10, 2022
I hope APC will not want to be tempted to use a Muslim Muslim ticket because as such will proof they are not a national party but a regional political partie,remember in history of democracy in Nigeria starting from the time of Shagari regime Muslim Christian ticket was used in 1982 and you think in 2022 Muslim Muslim ticket will be allowed by the electorates no it won’t fly even check those who tried it if they allowed to rule when they finally won
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Ajibocode1: 1:36am On Jun 10, 2022
grandstar:

Dogara is a Christian from Bauchi. There are actually many Christians like him that can be VP. He probably speaks fluent Hausa and should have a wide political base in the North. As a former speaker, this is a given. I used to think like you that there was no possible "Christian" VP candidates.

Secondly, a Muslim Muslim ticket can still win the election. Yorubas are swing voters and a Muslim Muslim ticket won't be that of a big deal since it's their kinsmen vying for the presidency.

GEJ won in all Southwest states in 2011 except in Osun state where Aregbesola's popularity was just too much at that time. By 2015, GEJ dismal performance and Buhari's resurgence was his waterloo.

You are right about dogara but Muslim Muslim ticket at this time won’t fly because north has candidates in PDP Atiku that has a big force and an average northerner may want power to remain in the north and again Kwankwaso from Kano state Kwankwasiyya is a big force too in the north ,though southeast and south south votes has been blocked for their own candidate but in southwest other contestants will still get 25 to 35% of votes cast while APC take 65% based on the analysis of voting pertain so it is only in the north central there will be a contest like southwest because of other tribes that reside there
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Renwess: 1:39am On Jun 10, 2022
OP small pikin dey worry you. You don't know politics walahi

helinues:

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 10, 2022
Ajibocode1:
I hope APC will not want to be tempted to use a Muslim Muslim ticket because as such will proof they are not a national party but a regional political partie,remember in history of democracy in Nigeria starting from the time of Shagari regime Muslim Christian ticket was used in 1982 and you think in 2022 Muslim Muslim ticket will be allowed by the electorates no it won’t fly even check those who tried it if they allowed to rule when they finally won

I just wanted to reply you for education purpose because you mentioned 1982. It was actually 1979 (1979 - 1983). Umaru Dikko and Uba Ahmed were more powerful than Ekwueme as VP. Also, you cannot compare the VP of Atiku to that of Jonathan and Osinbajo. There are many salient issues than religion.

I will paste part of what I said earlier below. The IBOs analysts avoided it.

1. Awolowo is a Christian, Akintola is a Christian.

2. In the second republic, Lateef Jakande is a Muslim, Rafiu Jafojo is a Muslim.

At Oyo, Bola Ige is Christian, Sunday Afolabi is a Christian.

At Ondo, Baba Ajasin - Christian, Omoboriowo - Christian.

I can name States in the middle belt and north with Christian - Christian and those with Muslim - Muslim tickets.

The North (Arewa) before amalgamation and before Independence was predominantly a Muslim nation just like Niger, Chad, etc. That is why they use Sharia Penal Codes.

Abiola - Kingibe worked in 1993 just as Jakande - Jafojo worked in Lagos 1979 - 1983.

During the first and second republic, Awolowo, never considered religion . Voters in South West never considered religion. The 1982 as you mentioned it have been explained above. It was because Shagari is from the North and he picked Ekwueme from the East. The choice was not because of religion. The Senate President, Speaker were Christians, they were not chosen based on religion.

You cannot create a situation whereby only Christian from the South can occupy the President or the Vice President office. The Muslim South can never accept them. If Muslim - Muslim ticket is not feasible, then it means, only Christian from the South can occupy the President or the Vice President office. This is not possible and not in the constitution. It is left to the voters to determine their President.

As at 1983, in NPN, if Abiola had been allowed to contest, there was every probability he would have chosen a Muslim from the core North.

Making it mandatory that only Christian from the South can be a President or Vice President is not constitutional. That is what introduction of Religion as criterion for President or Vice President would create and that is why it can never be in Constitution.

Your last statement shows you are an IBO. You said Abiola was not allowed to rule because of Muslim - Muslim ticket. Is that the reason IBB told us he was given by those who advised him not to handover? Before APC primary, the IBOs said Tinubu was not APC choice, I asked them, when was the choice made? Who was the APC choice? Who was APC that made the choice? Enough of emotions and wishful thinking, election will show you the reality.

Eni aiye nfe o ni abukun kan Lara. Any person that is loved by people or masses has no shortcomings.

They should leave Tinubu alone. Anybody from the North can be chosen irrespective of religion. They said only Yoruba would vote for him, they should forget analysis and wait till 2023. Jokers. If it would make Atiku to win easily, why should that be their headache? If all Christians in Africa would vote for Atiku, is that not good? Jokers. They want Amaechi or Osinbajo so that they can have a walkover 2023 general election. Now that failed, they are talking about Muslim - Muslim ticket.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Tomek09(m): 2:19am On Jun 10, 2022
PussyMiners:

You are an inconsequential loser and your opinion holds no water .

APC would win in 2023 and the best you'd be able to do is to open several threads of lamentation on a Yoruba man's platform .

We hold the knife and the yam . The only platform where you can wail effortlessly is still owned by a bright minded Yoruba man.

There's a reason God made you an inconsequential minority. Next year is for the big boys.
Losers like you can only wail from the sidelines.

The Atiku whose rectum you've turned into your sanctuary is a Fulani who is also loyal or answerable to Sakwoto grin grin
Can you see how confused , retarded and silly you sound ?

We shall all be alive to witness the swearing in of President Bola Tinubu come May 2023 and if any of you rats do as much as make a sound , Odi shall be a child's play.

PS: Tinubu isn't your regular politician . He's a big boy with extensive connection within and outside Nigeria.
Did you see how the obstacles gave way at the last minute grin grin

Let me tell you a secret now , Asiwaju is US' project .
Go figure !!
Only Yoruba votes won't deliver Tinubu.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:

This will make Atiku a very happy man indeed. Get ready to forfeit the entire Christian vote of the country.

In the midst of all the Islamic radicalism and terrorism that Nigerians are going through now you think they would happily vote for a Muslim-Muslim ticket? This isn’t 1996 bro.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by helinues: 3:13am On Jun 10, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

This will make Atiku a very happy man indeed. Get ready to forfeit the entire Christian vote of the country.

In the midst of all the Islamic radicalism and terrorism that Nigerians are going through now you think they would happily vote for a Muslim-Muslim ticket? This isn’t 1996 bro.

I can see that Atiku is a Catholic christian
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:

I can see that Atiku is a Catholic christian

No he is not. But his VP will definitely be Christian. That’s what I meant and you know it.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by helinues: 3:21am On Jun 10, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

No he is not. But his VP will definitely be Christian. That’s what I meant and you know it.

If the votes are in North, which VP candidate will sell more in north for Tinubu, A christian or a Muslim?
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:

If the votes are in North, which VP candidate will sell more in north for Tinubu, A christian or a Muslim?

At the expense of the entire southern vote? I think you don’t understand that Nigerian elections are not a strict popular vote. You can get more votes and still lose if your votes are relegated to one region.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by helinues: 3:26am On Jun 10, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

At the expense of the entire southern vote? I think you don’t understand that Nigerian elections are not a strict popular vote. You can get more votes and still lose if your votes are relegated to one region.

To start with, Tinubu is tolerant when it comes to religion or tribe, moreover why should Muslim Muslim ticket be a problem? And please don't tell me about Islamization conspiracy cos there is nothing as such
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 3:30am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:

To start with, Tinubu is tolerant when it comes to religion or tribe, moreover why should Muslim Muslim ticket be a problem? And please don't tell me about Islamization conspiracy cos there is nothing as such

Bro. Even Burari with his cult like followership in 2015 knew Muslim-Muslim ticket will not work. That is why he refused to pick Tinubu for VP if you don’t know that was the initial agreement.

Don’t ask me why but Muslim-Muslim or Christian-Christian ticket cannot work in Nigeria. It’s just the nature of our politics and culture. This almost rules out any Yoruba Muslim from the presidency. Unless they can find a prominent northern Christian to run with. Which is almost impossible.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by helinues: 3:33am On Jun 10, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Bro. Even Burari with his cult like followership in 2015 knew Muslim-Muslim ticket will not work. That is why he refused to pick Tinubu for VP if you don’t know that was the initial agreement.

Don’t ask me why but Muslim-Muslim or Christian-Christian ticket cannot work in Nigeria. It’s just the nature of our politics and culture. This almost rules out any Yoruba Muslim from the presidency. Unless they can find a prominent northern Christian to run with. Which is almost impossible.

I don't know about SE and SS oo, but Muslim Muslim ticket will sell in SW and North entirely. That's where the votes are and that's the best way to win the election.

The analysis is about how Apc, Tinubu and SW can win the 2023 election in favour
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:

I don't know about SE and SS oo, but Muslim Muslim ticket will sell in SW and North entirely. That's where the votes are and that's the best way to win the election.

The analysis is about how Apc, Tinubu and SW can win the 2023 election in favour

You keep saying that is where the votes are as if the entire south is irrelevant or filled with goats.

I already told you that running up the numbers in one region is not enough to win the presidency even if it gives you a majority of votes cast. You also need to win a quarter of the votes in two-thirds of the country. It was designed that way so that anybody who wins the presidency demonstrates broad support across the country and not just in a particular region. Same thing with the electoral college in America.

This is why candidates typically pick a running mate from the opposite region/religion so they can meet the criteria by running up some numbers in the other half of the country even if their core support is in one region.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by blancsn1: 4:10am On Jun 10, 2022
You will learn why they say Yoruba claim sophistication in politics. Just a pointer I am a Christian n am voting Tinubu no matter who he chose as VP.

Oplomo:
Good. Bring your Muslim-muslim ticket.

Atiku's media machine will be happy to milk it and monopolize Christian votes both in the North and South. grin

Even in yorubaland. I don't see yoruba christians, RCCG or Winners teeming members voting Muslim-muslim ticket with the current state of the country. grin

Atiku should start using the title President-in-Waiting already. grin grin
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by blancsn1: 4:14am On Jun 10, 2022
But Atiku as no tide no swim against as a Fulani wanting to rule after another Fulani just completed 8 years. Many of you igbos no just gree get sense I swear

Oplomo:

3) You see the dynamics? Tinubu has a huge tide to swim against. I pray he survives this one with his poor health. grin
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by farouk2much(m): 4:25am On Jun 10, 2022
Am a muslim but i totally go against muslim-muslim tickets
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by jaxxy(m): 4:52am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:

Your lawd and savior GEJ was the president during Chibok saga. He could have arrested Shettima if he was the one behind Chibok saga, don't you think?

who has Buhari's arrested for all the kidnapping and killings?? Exactly nobody. undecided
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Eleponblue(m): 4:57am On Jun 10, 2022
AntiMahdi:

Stop stealing my points

Plagiarizing Osu
Why is there so much bitterness,tribalism,bigotry and hatred flying around in nairaland these days Can't we pass our message without these vile words Seun really has work on his hands ooo!
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by investigator007: 5:27am On Jun 10, 2022
AntiMahdi:

Yaribanza mumuric talk

Shittima that orchestrated the whole Chibok debacle?

God punish your tinubu Boko ambitions
over punish sef

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by ponishah: 5:54am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:

You guys writing all these gallery shhit, to sell a candidate, and if eventually the candidates emerge and become a monumental failure in performance, do you guys apologise for conspiracy and misleading people?
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Paretomaster1(m): 6:00am On Jun 10, 2022
Blueelf:

He is still stained by his supposed role in Boko Haram

Supposed role you say... You have any proof Charge him to court..
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:00am On Jun 10, 2022
plaindealer:

The issue on the table is bigger than Makinde.

You people can not make any sane and rational political argument..

It's pointless going back and forth with you and your kind, too much comedy, you are only good for entertainment.

That's exactly what you do when you project Tinubu winning any of the core NE/NW states over Atiku because the state Governor is supposedly APC.

Now you see how stupid you look grin
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Babastrong(m): 6:03am On Jun 10, 2022
[quote author=Hizzy post=113650923]
I will give you a hot slap is the OP an Igbo person[ 1. Lack of discipline can make you slap the one that is as old as your elder brothers.
2. I don't care who the OP is, my post is for the igbo who are ranting here and there because of tinubu's ambition.]
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:07am On Jun 10, 2022
blancsn1:
You will learn why they say Yoruba claim sophistication in politics. Just a pointer I am a Christian n am voting Tinubu no matter who he chose as VP.

This is a National election not a SW election
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Teymanhenry(f): 6:08am On Jun 10, 2022
Anyone who has some sanity in him would not show support for a Muslim Muslim or Christian Christian ticket in Nigeria... We know how many Christians are killed alreay
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by plaindealer: 6:35am On Jun 10, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

That's exactly what you do when you project Tinubu winning any of the core NE/NW states over Atiku because the state Governor is supposedly APC.

Now you see how stupid you look grin

What I say every time I read your silly, pointless, comedic, and entertaining posts. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'You Cannot Withdraw Your Surety Until You Produce Kanu' - Judge Tells Abaribe / Market Women In Rivers State Protest Nullification Of Wike's Election (photos) / ‘My Transition Hours’ A Book By Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.