Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) (35856 Views)

Shettima Should Handle Security, Tinubu Economy As Promised - Obi / Datti Ahmed: Tinubu, Shettima Should Resign So Akpabio Can Conduct Elections / This Is Why Atiku Is After Tinubu (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by tfelicityk(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
The man that was telling jebby to go and sell ice cream abi...
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Ballack1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
How do u expect southerners to have trust in your party?
I am not a PDP member
When we talk about diversity management,PDP is better than APC

APC is more like Islamic party

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by adekolaelect(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
AntiMahdi:

Yaribabza I am no Yamri OSU

The foolishness of you two big for nothing tribes is what is empoweimg the useless north.

Your fellow MSS alumni is here telling us to accept Shettima.

On what fcking basis ?

Out of all the politicians in the north it is that Boko child abductor that you are pushing down our throats?

Tinubu is really in need of another Amodu Sherrif factory resetting slap .
you are still wailing .calmdow whoever Tinubu choose as his running mate is none of your concern once you have where you picht your Tents. Even this Tinubu mater will not allow you to man your personal life endavurses any more. Yet the result you always get is sadness bcs the man you hate to much is progressing everyday.

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Oplomo: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
LongBig:

Religion won’t dictate this coming election and a Muslim-Muslim ticket won’t be an issue! That is the best bet for the apc! Nobody cares what Atiku and his media aids feed on!

Wish it away as much as you will. Religion plays HUGE ROLE in the Nigeria polity. It will even play a bigger role with the current tension in the country. Go figure. grin

I won't be giving any more advice on this. I will simply let tinumbu make that mistake.

'When your enemy is making mistakes, it would be foolish to stop him` ~Sun Tzu (Art of War) grin

Make I fem here. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:
If Apc, Tinubu and SW as a region want to win the presidency, the Muslim-Muslim ticket is the only perfect combo cos I doubt if North will vote Christian VP or a female VP irrespective of Religion.

I watched Shettima speaking on Channels TV. He was able to pass his message maturely without throwing tantrum. He should be a good candidate for VP.

Shettima is from NE same as Atiku, as long as Buhari and co in NW will keep to their promises, NE votes would be shared. NC are the election deciders in Nigeria, SW have been maintaining their friendships with them.

Pdp and LP would share SE/SS votes, Apc should at least be gett6 25% from those 2 regions, SW is secured
Even if Buhari continue to be president average Igbo of ur age will still be way above you in standard of living

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:
Good. Bring your Muslim-muslim ticket.

Atiku's media machine will be happy to milk it and monopolize Christians votes both in the North and South. grin

Even in yorubaland. I don't see yoruba christians, RCCG or Winners teeming members voting Muslim-muslim ticket with the current state of the country. grin

Atiku should start using the title President-in-Waiting already. grin grin

Mr man,

For your information there is nothing wrong with Muslim - Muslim ticket.

Awolowo is a Christian, Akintola is a Christian.

In the second republic, Lateef Jakande is a Muslim, Rafiu Jafojo is a Muslim.

At Oyo, Bola Ige is Christian, Sunday Afolabi is a Christian.

At Ondo, Baba Ajasin - Christian, Omoboriowo - Christian.

I can name States in the middle belt and north with Christian - Christian and those with Muslim - Muslim tickets.

In South West, you are wrong with your analysis.

The North (Arewa) before amalgamation and before Independence was predominantly a Muslim nation just like Niger, Chad, etc. That is why they use Sharia Penal Codes.

You cannot create a situation whereby only Christian from the South can occupy the President or the Vice President office. The Muslim South can never accept them. If Muslim - Muslim ticket is not feasible, then it means, only Christian from the South can occupy the President or the Vice President office. This is not possible and not in the constitution.

Any Nigerian can aspire to be President or Vice President. It is left to voters to make their choice.

Abiola - Kingibe worked in 1993 just as Jakande - Jafojo worked in Lagos 1979 - 1983.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Oplomo: 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
babaolofin:

Mr man,

For your information there is nothing wrong with Muslim - Muslim ticket.

Awolowo is a Christian, Akintola is a Christian.

In the second republic, Lateef Jakande is a Muslim, Rafiu Jafojo is a Muslim.

At Oyo, Bola Ige is Christian, Sunday Afolabi is a Christian.

At Ondo, Baba Ajasin - Christian, Omoboriowo - Christian.

I can name States in the middle belt and north with Christian - Christian and those with Muslim - Muslim tickets.

In South West, you are wrong with your analysis.

The North (Arewa) before amalgamation and before Independence was predominantly a Muslim nation just like Niger, Chad, etc. That is why they use Sharia Penal Codes.

You cannot create a situation whereby only Christian from the South can occupy the President or the Vice President office. The Muslim South can never accept them. If Muslim - Muslim ticket is not feasible, then it means, only Christian from the South can occupy the President or the Vice President office.

Any Nigerian can aspire to be President or Vice President. It is left to voters to make their choice.

Abiola - Kingibe worked in 1993 just as Jakande - Jafojo worked in Lagos 1979 - 1983.

Then go ahead with it today and lets meet at the polls... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by miqos02(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

Atiku's media machine will be happy to milk it and monopolize Christian votes both in the North and South. grin

Even in yorubaland. I don't see yoruba christians, RCCG or Winners teeming members voting Muslim-muslim ticket with the current state of the country. grin

south westerners are not religious fanatics, you claimed RCCG members will not vote tinubu if he present a mislim vice forgetting that his wife is a top RCCG member and an ordained pastor at that.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by letitrainnow(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
I watched Shettima speaking on Channels TV. He was able to pass his message maturely without throwing tantrum. He should be a good candidate for VP.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

Then go ahead with it and lets meet at the polls... grin grin

OK. You will be disappointed as it happened in 1993 and as El Rufai disappointed you at Kaduna.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by ebbo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
hotseat:
Before getting to this stage, the Jagaban had already mapped out a Northerner that would be acceptable to all.

Picking a credible Northern Christian as running mate shouldn't be much of a heck.

Forget about picking any northern Christian bros, it will never fly in our North here wallahi. Let me tell u one secret my friend, BAT even won partly because he is a Muslim,otherwise most of our northern delegates won't vote for him.

Let me break it down this way for u. In the SW, tinubu gat no issue because religion don't count there. SE and SS, tinubu will not win there even with a Christian VP for sure(na labour party and pdp get that zone). So tinubu can only defeat Atiku easily in the North if his VP is a Muslim. The only states that will vote for PDP in the North is Benue, plateau,Taraba and Adamawa.(even with a Christian VP won't change this fact but atleast tinubu will still get like 30%-40% of votes with a Muslim VP in this states).

APC want to win this election and not to be sentimental politically. since they were able to keep to their words and moved their ticket to the south, even after PDP gave their ticket to the North and knowing very well that the votes are in the northern part of the country nothing will stop them from flying Muslim Muslim ticket.

The idea of a Muslim-Muslim ticket would definitely be counterproductive given the political/religious atmosphere in the country at the moment.

The Jagaban of Nigeria is an astute politician and knows the political terrain like the back of his palm!
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by donb06: 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:

You can play the religion card all you like but like I tell the ibos all the time, you can only dictate when you have the numbers. if you want to win an election and you dont have numbers you MUST appease the people that will likely vote for you. You and I know that Tinubu is a moderate Muslim, his record in Lagos and the SW in terms of his key people is there to see, not to mention his wife is a Deacon! if you want to get bogged down in religious sentiment thats your business but you wont advance your cause. Let me remind you sometimes you have to make gestures to build relationships. We have not forgotten that when our own was under fire, it was the Northern governors that said 1) no power must go to the south and 2) it will go to the SW 3) it will go to Tinubu. Let us not forget they fought for us, a SW man is on the ticket because the North fought on our behalf. If a Muslim Muslim ticket is what is needed to complete the job, so be it, the truth is it doesnt affect your life 1 iota!!! You and I know we are not that bothered about religion until the politicians and penrtecostal churches started to manipulate some of us. Dont allow others to polute your thinking, a yoruba man normally doesnt think like that.

The truth is there is nothing anybody can to to christians or Muslims, the law protects us. But more importantly, When the time comes, upon all your noise you and all the other SW christian who were going to vote APC will vote for whoever Tinubu selects as his VP....... you know it, I know it.

When did the Igbos start becoming unappeasing??... Check 1979 elections Igbo votes was the least tribalistic, 1993 igbos votes was the least tribalistic Abiola got almost 50% of Igbo votes, 1999 igbos were once again the least tribalistic, 2003 and 2007 was the biggest mistake Igbo made. Eveb when igbos had Okadigbo. Only if they knew the future.

Hatred for someone cannot be appeased. We have appeased enough. even if OBI loses my vote will never cross south east again. We have tried. Ogbonnaya speech triggered something.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Habeyy(m): 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

1) As seen with Deborah, Northern christians are very faithful even at the risk of martydom, and won't be voting a muslim-muslim ticket.

2) The northern muslims won't be intimidating them this time from voting, because the Northern christians will be voting the northern muslim with a christian as VP. All for the north. And all for Atiku. grin

3) You see the dynamics? Tinubu has a huge tide to swim against. I pray he survives this one with his poor health. grin
thank you boss
Sense won't depart uu
I really want to be Ur friend

You Ur quite knowledgeable
I need to learn from you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Gubioma: 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

Your lawd and savior GEJ was the president during Chibok saga. He could have arrested Shettima if he was the one behind Chibok saga, don't you think?
Dan Borno....
Thank u my brother
Shikenan nagode
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Kennydoc(m): 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

Let this sink, Atiku is not a threat to SW presidency, highest votes he will receive should be 10m or less cos Obi would be the saboteur as Pdp votes would be shared between LP and Pdp while the Apc votes remain intact

Don't worry, there is a fresh set of young voters outside the usual PDP voters who are actively rooting for Peter Obi. Tinubu may actually come third in the election grin grin grin
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Great2017: 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

Let this sink, Atiku is not a threat to SW presidency, highest votes he will receive should be 10m or less cos Obi would be the saboteur as Pdp votes would be shared between LP and Pdp while the Apc votes remain intact
APC votes cannot be intact when kwankwanso is on the ballot and is ably supported by Shekarau. Worry more about that, dude

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Slynation(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:
If Apc, Tinubu and SW as a region want to win the presidency, the Muslim-Muslim ticket is the only perfect combo cos I doubt if North will vote Christian VP or a female VP irrespective of Religion.

Shettima is from NE same as Atiku, as long as Buhari and co in NW will keep to their promises, NE votes would be shared. NC are the election deciders in Nigeria, SW have been maintaining their friendships with them.

Pdp and LP would share SE/SS votes, Apc should at least be gett6 25% from those 2 regions, SW is secured
Olodo with backyard analysis as well...

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Oplomo: 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
miqos02:
south westerners are not religious fanatics, you claimed RCCG members will not vote tinubu if he present a mislim vice forgetting that his wife is a top RCCG member and an ordained pastor at that.

The osinbajo effect is still a factor.. RCCG now has a political department, you think they'll deploy it for a muslim-muslim candidate? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by ebbo(m): 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
Femi8586:

Tinubu will lose woefully if he dare tries Muslim Muslim ticket.
You think he should be afraid of northern Muslims but shouldn't be afraid of northern, southwest, south east and south south Christians?

You think Christians will accept Muslim Muslim ticket but notherners would never accept a Christian notherner as vice?

Are u for real? U think tinubu will gather enough votes from SE and SS for him to become president even with a Christian VP? Is sure bet of getting enough votes is from the north because we still have soft spot for APC. But he can only be sure of getting these votes with only a Muslim VP no more no less.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Demolakay: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2022
miqos02:
soo because Tinubu's wife is a Muslim,rccg will vote for Tinubu.Pls pray Tinubu dnt present a Christian as his vp,his loss will b epic! even in d southwest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Justiceleague1: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

You are really an enemy of the state and of peace. May God be bequeath upon you as you do to others
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
Siwel25:

Yorubas will vote for their own and SE and SS won't vote for Tinubu even if he chooses a bishop as VP so, it doesn't really matter.
Even Yoruba christians will not vote a Muslim-muslim ticket in today's Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
Slynation:
Olodo with backyard analysis as well...
Dude is a rabid ethnic cum religious fanatic.

I actually hope Tinubu is stupid enough to fall for this

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2022
miqos02:
Okay let Tinubu go ahead with it then
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by okuta007: 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

Atiku's media machine will be happy to milk it and monopolize Christian votes both in the North and South. grin

David Lawal Babachir or Boss Mustapha are from the North East - same at Atiku and they are Christians - that will do the VP magic grin
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

The osinbajo effect is still a factor.. RCCG now has a political department, you think they'll deploy it for a muslim-muslim candidate? grin

Most of the analysis on social media are done by IBOs under emotions and wishful thinking. The Political department of RCCG has nothing to do with the choice of voters. So, you expect baba Adeboye to tell members to vote Atiku against Tinubu because the VP of Atiku is a Christian? What is the impact of Osinbajo? What was the impact of Jonathan as Christian. Umaru Dikko, Uba Ahmed were more powerful than Ekwueme as VP. Nigeria has structural problem nor religious problem. To move forward, we must forget some sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

Not happening unless Peter Obi returns to PDP.
Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by Oplomo: 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
Habeyy:
thank you boss
Sense won't depart uu
I really want to be Ur friend

You Ur quite knowledgeable
I need to learn from you

You are welcome my good friend. Pleasure is mine.. grin

1 Like

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by LongBig(m): 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

Wish it away as much as you will. Religion plays HUGE ROLE in the Nigeria polity. It will even play a bigger role with the current tension in the country. Go figure. grin

I won't be giving any more advice on this. I will simply let tinumbu make that mistake.

'When your enemy is making mistakes, it would be foolish to stop him` ~Sun Tzu (Art of War) grin

Make I fem here. cheesy

Well that is your opinion and have said mine, before this there was tension and after this there would be. A Muslim-Christian won’t douse the tension, but a good government with adequate strategy to tackle insecurity will douse the tension. Ire ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima Should Be The Best VP For Tinubu (Opinion) by fashrola(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

So you only care about how this monsters win without any concrete plans for your kid's future?

May Nigeria happen to your household X3

Because I can't see how a sane being would wakeup with bonus data to be a dummy on a social platform

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Simeon Nwankwo, Soludo's Father Dies At 92 / Al-Jazeera Interviews Goodluck Jonathan (Video) / "PDP Promised To Pay Me 10k If I Attend Lagos Rally. I Did, This Happened'- Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.