Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! (5176 Views)

Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue / Who Are The Yoruba In Benin Republic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by EzePromoe: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2012
OP, i also made a research and discovered that Egun people are Igbos and Aworis has a mixture of Igbo and Bini ancestry, that will explain why Igboman see their land good enough as hometown cool
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by aljharem(m): 5:33am On Oct 29, 2012
Eze Promoe: OP, i also made a research and discovered that Egun people are Igbos and Aworis has a mixture of Igbo and Bini ancestry, that will explain why Igboman see their land good enough as hometown cool

we HAVE NO BLOODY OR ANY RELATION with IGBOS. The first time we saw Igbos was in the 50s. I am mixed Ogu and Awori. cool

Yes we have a bit of bini but WE ARE FULL YORUBAS TOKAN TOKAN cool
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by EzePromoe: 11:48am On Oct 29, 2012
alj harem:

we HAVE NO BLOODY OR ANY RELATION with IGBOS. The first time we saw Igbos was in the 50s. I am mixed Ogu and Awori. cool

Yes we have a bit of bini but WE ARE FULL YORUBAS TOKAN TOKAN cool
But Yorubas have relationship with Anioma, isn't it? Please help me tell your OP to get a job.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by aljharem(m): 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
Eze Promoe:
But Yorubas have relationship with Anioma, isn't it? Please help me tell your OP to get a job.

Not anioma in particular but Olukumis.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by EzePromoe: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2012
alj harem:

Not anioma in particular but Olukumis.

OP did not mention Olukumi, he made mention of Anioma
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by agbotaen: 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
ugbodu is not an igbo name but a yoruba word in old yoruba called olukunmi , the full name is ugbodumila-which means the forest have saved me, i am an ika man from delta ,so i am very conversant with the history of many communities there , i once travelled to ugbodu , so i asked some elders there and they told me. language cannot change where a people came from and what they think about themselves , most igbos are not rational when branding every body as igbo , and they dont want to listen to any one , the ugbodu people are happy to identify with anioma but they will not like to be called igbo ,and if they want to be called yoruba it is ok, we in delta have nothing against that , but when it is time to coorperate we will do that.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by Ngodigha: 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
agbotaen: ugbodu is not an igbo name but a yoruba word in old yoruba called olukunmi , the full name is ugbodumila-which means the forest have saved me, i am an ika man from delta ,so i am very conversant with the history of many communities there , i once travelled to ugbodu , so i asked some elders there and they told me. language cannot change where a people came from and what they think about themselves , most igbos are not rational when branding every body as igbo , and they dont want to listen to any one , the ugbodu people are happy to identify with anioma but they will not like to be called igbo ,and if they want to be called yoruba it is ok, we in delta have nothing against that , but when it is time to coorperate we will do that.
Did you speak Igbo to them and they replied you in Yoruba?.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by agbotaen: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
many of them speak the old yoruba language and igbo ,and it is time you igbo people learn that language alone does not determine ethnicity like brazilians speak purtuguese but they dont regard them as purtuguese because brazil is mixed with african, indians, chinese and others ,isoko in delta state speak almost identical language with uhrobo yet they are two seperate group, itsekiri speak a close language to yoruba , yet they are two seperate ethnic groups, bini and ishan speak almost same language but they are seperate ethnicities.
what determines a people is their tradition , and what and who their fore fathers told them they are , and other evidence like culture, language, chieftancy system and religion and others things and finally all ethnic groups in nigeria is a political union , so each group has the freedom to choose who they want to associate with .
there was a time when british lumped isoko as uhrobo people but later ,the isoko people pulled out and got their seperate ethnicity
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by Ngodigha: 10:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
agbotaen: many of them speak the old yoruba language and igbo ,and it is time you igbo people learn that language alone does not determine ethnicity like brazilians speak purtuguese but they dont regard them as purtuguese because brazil is mixed with african, indians, chinese and others ,isoko in delta state speak almost identical language with uhrobo yet they are two seperate group, itsekiri speak a close language to yoruba , yet they are two seperate ethnic groups, bini and ishan speak almost same language but they are seperate ethnicities.
what determines a people is their tradition , and what and who their fore fathers told them they are , and other evidence like culture, language, chieftancy system and religion and others things and finally all ethnic groups in nigeria is a political union , so each group has the freedom to choose who they want to associate with .
there was a time when british lumped isoko as uhrobo people but later ,the isoko people pulled out and got their seperate ethnicity
Monkey, go straight to the point, did you speak Yoruba or Igbo to them when you visited them?.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by adaide1: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
agbotaen: many of them speak the old yoruba language and igbo ,and it is time you igbo people learn that language alone does not determine ethnicity like brazilians speak purtuguese but they dont regard them as purtuguese because brazil is mixed with african, indians, chinese and others ,isoko in delta state speak almost identical language with uhrobo yet they are two seperate group, itsekiri speak a close language to yoruba , yet they are two seperate ethnic groups, bini and ishan speak almost same language but they are seperate ethnicities.

Pls Ika Igbos (obviously not you) have more in common than language with Igbos not minding your permanent state of denial. Besides, why do you strive so hard to distinguish every Igbo deltans from Igbo people even when your own Obi (Ika community as you claim) says otherwise. I even sent your write up to an Ika friend who declared you have Identity crises as much as ChinenyeN refuses to see. It's time you start your own trend so that people who want to see what you advocate can go there and allow us to rest. As an individual, you can always un-lump yourself from other Igbos including the Ika-Igbo and everyone will be fine with it. Even the web site you post on every forum does not do justice to your personal Ideologies. Be whoever you deem fit and please give us a break from your non-igbosim, we've had enough.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by agbotaen: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
1. you are just a propagandist , please tell me the things ika has in common with igbo ,if you tell me 10 , i will tell you hundred that is different from igbos , tell your so called ika friend to tell you what ika has with igbo, the propaganda we no work for 1966 na in you igbos de always bring , are you aware that ika people treat igbos with long spoon when dinning with them ? have you ever asked your self this question as to why ika people are not members of ohaneze ndiggbo
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by OneNaira6: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
ada - ide:

Pls Ika Igbos (obviously not you) have more in common than language with Igbos not minding your permanent state of denial. Besides, why do you strive so hard to distinguish every Igbo deltans from Igbo people even when your own Obi (Ika community as you claim) says otherwise. I even sent your write up to an Ika friend who declared you have Identity crises as much as ChinenyeN refuses to see. It's time you start your own trend so that people who want to see what you advocate can go there and allow us to rest. As an individual, you can always un-lump yourself from other Igbos including the Ika-Igbo and everyone will be fine with it. Even the web site you post on every forum does not do justice to your personal Ideologies. Be whoever you deem fit and please give us a break from your non-igbosim, we've had enough.

[size=15pt]THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] He went from speaking for Ika to start speaking for Delta Igbo. The dude is f2king annoying and should avoid from any topic with the word "anioma". He made himself the spokesperson for "Ika", attacked and insulted those of his own communities that disagreed with him including his own obi, now he's moved on to being the spokesperson for Anioma people. Who the f2k gave him the right? I don't really care much about his opinion of himself or Ika, but it's rather annoying seeing this man invading EVERY THREAD meant for people of anioma with his disease. Like every single thread, he runs seeking attention on it, bring nothing but animosity against a group of people long being trying to set up unity with SE Igbo. Agbworo that used to fight him is starting to single out western igbo anytime he mentions the coup, other Igbos on NL attacking delta Igbo anytime he starts mouthing off, Even ChinyeyeN once mentioned he finds delta igbo annoying, when asked why? he's reply was "their denial attitude is annoying". The dude is starting to irritate me but it does not surprise me, many like him are huge attention seekers.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by AndreUweh(m): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
Until now, he does not believe in anything ANIOMA OR Delta Igbo. If an Anioma son is made a governor of Delta state today, he will not rejoice unless the man is from Ika.
He belives that there is no need for Anioma, but Ikas should be on their own.
He always praises people who fought agains Biafra as well as his praises for those who carried out the massacre of western Igbo people during the war. This is where he differs from his mentor-Kunirum Ossia.
The man is a disgrace to Anioma people.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by agbotaen: 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
1. i am an ika man and so i believe in ika period .
2. anioma is not an igbo tribe but a mix of many people , we have igbo, ika, edo, yoruba, igala and others so get that right.
3. as long as the governor is from anioma , it is ok , but i am not igbo ,that is it.
4. ogbemudia has ruled bendel and midwest, he is an ika man also , in anioma there are those that believe they are igbo and there are those who believe they are not igbos and ika people fall into that group and there is nothing you can do about that , but you can cry and tall all the lies and propaganda
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by bigfrancis21: 8:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
agbotaen: 1. i am an ika man and so i believe in ika period .
2. anioma is not an igbo tribe but a mix of many people , we have igbo, ika, edo, yoruba, igala and others so get that right.
3. as long as the governor is from anioma , it is ok , but i am not igbo ,that is it.
4. ogbemudia has ruled bendel and midwest, he is an ika man also , in anioma there are those that believe they are igbo and there are those who believe they are not igbos and ika people fall into that group and there is nothing you can do about that , but you can cry and tall all the lies and propaganda

For quite some time I have noticed your presence in all Igbo threads and the surprising energy you throw off at trying to prove you're not Igbo. I have also taken time to go through all your profile on nairaland and I discovered that all your posts are ONLY on Igbo threads and you discuss nothing else on nairaland other than disclaiming being Igbo and calling the Igbo people derogatory names. You say you're not Igbo, fine. But why go to all Igbo threads to argue aimlessly?

I could not also help but notice the numerous derogatory names you called the Igbo while in your attempt to disprove your Igboness and also the excessive copy-and-paste of your same post from thread to thread. Now I want to ask you, why do you harbor such hatred for your Igbo brothers? Do you know that the Ika people are generally regarded as Igbo by other tribes and even by the Bini people you so much love to identify with? Or have you forgotten that when ethnicity becomes an individual thing its only the Igbo people that you can easily identify with? When has it become a sin to be Igbo or have Igbo ancestry? Has the Igbo identity of the Igbo people who are proud of their ancestry affected them in any way? Are you aware that the mainline Igbo race is busy occupied with other issues of life and too busy for trivial issues like claiming Ika? How many prominent Igbo people or organizations are all over the media making efforts to colonize your people? Rather I see several delta Igbo people seeking to unite with their Igbo kith and kins in the south east. Or is it all in your head that we are trying to claim you people?

You need to be commended highly for the massive efforts you've put into furthering your Ika identity on nairaland, but honestly speaking, has it taken you anywhere beyond nairaland? Do you realize that all your hullabaloo ends on nairaland? Has the idea of taking your cause beyond NL and going public and nationwide eluded you?

History books and sources have always listed the Ika to be a sub group under the Igbo cluster based on linguistic similarities.
In the website below, the main website for the Ika people, the Ika people were acknowledged to be an Igbo subgroup.
http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?mod=article&cat=IkaHistoryamp;Tradition&article=207

In the Joshua project, the Ika were listed under the Igbo cluster.
http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-clusters.php?rop2=C0095

Wikipedia also categorizes the Ika as an Igbo sub-group.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ika_people

If for anything you don't agree with the annals of history, don't you think you should direct all your energy at changing the misinformation that has been recorded for the history of the Ikas? Are you even aware that this Igbo identity of the Ika is all over the internet and is open to millions of users and researchers worldwide to read and believe?

You have shown a great dedication to the cause of your Ika folks and rather than bitching from one Igbo thread to another, i'd suggest that you take the bull by the horns and do something significant for the Ika identity by taking your Ika cause public and nationwide. My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by TerraCotta(m): 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
http://beegeagle./2010/05/01/indigenous-yoruba-and-igala-of-delta-northaniomaland/

The Olukumi speak a Yoruba language and have been quite clear about their beliefs on their ethnic origins. Perhaps they would be flattered that other groups are desperate to be associated with them but they quite clearly consider themselves of the same ancestry as other Yoruba speakers.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by AndreUweh(m): 12:47am On Apr 16, 2013
TerraCotta: http://beegeagle./2010/05/01/indigenous-yoruba-and-igala-of-delta-northaniomaland/

The Olukumi speak a Yoruba language and have been quite clear about their beliefs on their ethnic origins. Perhaps they would be flattered that other groups are desperate to be associated with them but they quite clearly consider themselves of the same ancestry as other Yoruba speakers.
What a silly post above. It's as if they are doing better than those groups that envelope them.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by NegroNtns(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2013
Andre Uweh:
What a silly post above. It's as if they are doing better than those groups that envelope them.

Are they not?
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by TerraCotta(m): 5:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
Andre Uweh:

Andre, you will look for my attention until you tire. I don't have time to trade insults with you or anyone else whose self-esteem may be hurt by a simple discussion. What does "doing better than those groups that envelope them" have to do with anything? Who made that comparison. This thread is simply about Yorubas in Anioma. That's what the Olukumi people are. Whatever (paranoid?) scenario you want to extrapolate from that is your business.
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by tonychristopher: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
During those day we had a lot of migratory trends these dudes might have a yoruba descent either as slaves or labourers called to work in igbo area but they have been assimilated acculturated and igbonized and you dare not call them yorubas and they will never agree such because the language is dead and they change their names

We have yoruba and igbo slaves in Americas but you dare not call them igbos or yorubas

If yorubas want them they have them and give them land in west
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by pazienza(m): 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
tonychristopher: During those day we had a lot of migratory trends these dudes might have a yoruba descent either as slaves or labourers called to work in igbo area but they have been assimilated acculturated and igbonized and you dare not call them yorubas and they will never agree such because the language is dead and they change their names

We have yoruba and igbo slaves in Americas but you dare not call them igbos or yorubas

If yorubas want them they have them and give them land in west

Pay those yorubas no attention, ugbodu,ukwunzu people of today are proud Igbos with no identity crisis. They gave the Igbo, our first miss Nigeria in 1958,in the person of late Helen anyamelune( note that her surname is Igbo). Even the kings of those places, bear igbo names and titles.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by tonychristopher: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2013
BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THE GUY CALLED AGBONTAE AND HIS BROTHEER SUNNY4ALL THEY ARE IGBO HATERS AND SEPARATIST OF IGBO
Re: Yoruba In Anioma - A Revealed Truth! by agbotaen: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
1. was i the one who told majority of ika people to reject igbo and support the nigerian army during the civil war?
2. was i the one who told them to reject the theory that they are igbos?
3. was it agbotaen that told majority of ika people not to attend ohaneze ndigbo meetings or any igbo ethnic meetings ?
4. was i the one that told ika nation to declare ogua/onu ika as their mouth piece of ika nation?
5.was i the one that also told ika kings to distance themselves from ohaneze ?
6. it is high time igbos stopped their propaganda , the war is over and igbos should learn to respect others right , ika people no wan be igbo and they even hate such ideas , like calling them igbo , so get that right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Americans In Nigeria / Ogun Stroke Ati Diabetes / Nigerian Scams Is it Part Of Your Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.