Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North (33298 Views)

2023: PDP Will Chase APC Out Of Presidency – Okowa / DSS Speaks On Plot By Presidency To Sack DSS DG, Yusuf Bichi / 2019: South-east PDP Leaders Endorse Zoning Of Presidency To North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by seanwilliam(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2022
donjazet:
Peter Obi is the only right choice.

It is better to "waste" your vote on Peter Obi than vote any of these 2 criminals who had active arrest warrants by US government.
it’s so unfortunate mehn.

Well tinubu is a necessary evil
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Princewell2012(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2022
fiizznation:
Tinubu might be popular in the South, but down here, the man is seen with the same lens atiku is seen with; corrupt,desperate and old. The northerners have two bad eggs to choose from and I can tell you, most will choose atiku because of some factors which your tinubu doesn't possess. Besides tinubu is sick!

Well I know some northern politicians will want to sell tinubu to the northerners but I don't see average northerners buying it. I doubt a tinubu can defeat atiku in a free and fair election.

grin don't mind them. They don't know that Hausa's have a Good unity whenever it comes to presidential election. Bring bokoharam commander shekau as the only party flag bearer for the north, they Will gladly vote for him.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by sotall(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2022
Freedom34:

That's d point!

Majority of those wey carry ds mata for head are d usual usual suspects who will never touch APC even with a long stick.

Even of tinubu bcoms a Christian today and also choose a Christian VP running mate the still won't vote him/APC.

They are only trying to gaslight APC to pick a Christian vp so as to lessen d chances of APC up north. Abeg, d 8 years of oshibajo VP, how e take benefit d average Christian?

So because you didn't see the benefits of Osinbajo Christian VP, you want APC to be blind to its Christian members?

Or you dont think the Christians in APC will feel shortchanged?

If its only a muslim VP that will bring the needed votes to Tinubu, do you realize he cant win with only muslim votes.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2022
There is nothing to discuss here Muslim, Muslim ticket can't fly,
Tinubu is not the only Southerner presidential aspirant.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by CheapHomes1: 10:54am On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:

Like or loathe APC, it has demonstrated being a truly progressive party by standing with a return of the presidency to the South even after Atiku had emerged as PDP's candidate. PDP damned everything common sense by making Atiku emerge with possibility of keeping the presidency in the north and a lot of people seem not to care because PDP is doing what they need to do to win the election without considering fairness and equity.

This analysis is very skewed and it's an attempt to use ethnicity to railroad people into casting their vote for Tinubu. If you feel Tinubu is better than other aspirants, discussing his credentials would have made more sense.

"PDP didn't damn everything common sense by making Atiku emerge with possibility of keeping the presidency in the north". Atiku won same way Tinubu won. So I don't understand what you are saying.

If southern presidency is your problem as against a northern presidency represented by atiku, Nigerians have a plethora of choices from the candidates in the other parties. Why aren't you talking about them? Why is Tinubu your main focus?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Angelfrost(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2022
garfield1:

Tinubu has better chances with Muslim Muslim ticket

That will totally destroy the already divided nation!

The consequences will be far reaching!

Ipob agitations of today will be child's play!

If Muslims will not accept a Christian/Christian ticket, why should Christians be compelled to accept a Muslim/Muslim ticket?!!

Is this now a Muslim nation?!!

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Epurogonogono(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2022
I don't know why people are just focused on these two candidates, there are other candidates, can't you vote them angry angry.

Nigerians and slave mentality undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Elibakon: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2022
I think power will remain in the North.
Note that the SE and SS and North Central are aligned with PDP when it comes to Presidential elections, they always vote along the same lines.
The SW were aligned with PDP until 2015, and when they went with the North. A lot of SW youths too would not vote BAT.
A typical Northern would rather vote for Atiku, than vote for a southerner, no matter the religious beliefs he holds.

We are expecting to see, for the first time in the political history of Nigeria, the North align with the SE and SS to vote in Atiku.

I can't speak for Obi. He would get a lot of votes but it wouldn't be enough to beat Atiku.
I see him coming second in the elections. I love Obi and really wish he can win, but the political sphere in Nigeria is not ready for Obi. Perhaps in 2027.

I have attached the maps of 2019 and 2015 and 2011 elections. See for yourselves and make the analysis

1 Share

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by maestroferddi: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:
I agree completely with the OP. This choice is now before us especially southerners. We either ensure power returns to the south through Tinubu or it remains in the north with Atiku.
If Labour Party don't get it, it should remain on the north...

We go show una shege...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Trente: 10:58am On Jun 10, 2022
mach7:
While I agree with the first poser, concerning a Muslim -Muslim ticket, it will be a big blow to Northern Christians in APC who have largely felt marginalized in Northern politics.

Honestly, I don't envy Tinubu and APC leaders at the moment, as this is a big decision to make and it will certainly influence voting patterns in the elections.

My personal take though is that APC should go with a Northern Christian. Although the race will be tight, it will be clear to all that a balance os being sought-after. I also think that if the APC Governors sincerely and diligently work for Tinubu and combine Buhari's influence (although it has waned a bit), they should be able to take at least 45% of Northern Votes.

That 45% plus absolute majority in SW, and perhaps 40% of SS votes should be enough to coast home.
40% from SS? grin grin grin Tinubu will get nothing less than 90% in SS. All he just needs to do is to send at least 2 bullion vans to every state in the SS

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Enwhen(m): 10:59am On Jun 10, 2022
Mjshexy:
Majority of youths want Peter Obi, please let's rescue Nigeria. The office of the citizen should wake up to this call

I love Peter Obi, and he is the best option for Nigeria BUT

He cannot win, the only way he can win is Tru revolution like #ENDSARS. where people will be ready to die , come out to votes using body cameras to monitor the votes , be ready to take bullets from Police and Army...infact it's going to be bloody for PO to be president ...the mistake we made was not channeling all these energy in campaigning for THE ELECTORAL REFORM BILL, which could have creat a fair contest, making our electoral system free off every manipulations and also brighting Peter Obi and others chances of winning

There is serious hungry in the land , as such , making it very easy for old Baba Tinubu and Atiku stolen funds to work the talk .
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

That will totally destroy the already divided nation!

The consequences will be far reaching!

Ipob agitations of today will be child's play!

If Muslims will not accept a Christian/Christian ticket, why should Christians be compelled to accept a Muslim/Muslim ticket?!!

Is this now a Muslim nation?!!

He should pick a xtian and lose
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Mjshexy(f): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2022
OhiOfIhima:

But those people in the North who are majorly the vote deciders, how well they know about Labour Party? The votes from South and East can't win it all for the Labour Party, let's tell ourselves the truth. How do we plan or prepare to nurturize the emerging of labour party to the northerners. We should think of the way forward and be calculative at the same time. God help our dear country.. Jumaat Kareem to you all.
You obviously don't know what's presently happening in the North, here in Abuja Peter Obi is the name flying around, many Northerners have woken up and are desirous of rescuing this nation from the cage of this evil cabals. The youths are going to be the major deciders of next year's election.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Angelfrost(m): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2022
sotall:

So because you didn't see the benefits of Osinbajo Christian VP, you want APC to be blind to its Christian members?

If its only a muslim VP that will bring the needed votes to Tinubu, do you realize he cant win with only muslim votes.

They actually believe Christians are too divided amongst themselves to pose a threat to their chances!

The audacity and reasoning of these people Sha!

Tell me how ISWAP, Fulanis, Bandits, etc, won't believe they now own the nation after this...
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Dada4me: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2022
There are eminently qualified northern Christians that can be his vice. Picking a Muslim from the north will be his undoing in the south.

Darius Ishaku, Babachir Lawal, Simon Lalond, Gabriel Suswam, David Mark, Boss Mustapha and a host of others, even Yakubu Dogara and Christians from the north that are eminently qualified.

Pushing for muslim-muslim ticket is shooting yourself in the leg.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by ozegidon(m): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:

Yes, you can vote LP or any other party. However, APC and PDP remain the two front runners and they naturally enjoy more focus and attention now.

Try answer the poser I put up.
I will rather not vote, than to vote pdp or apc! Get your PVC, vote Labour Party.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Sterope(f): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2022
People who say Muslim-Muslim ticket are not wise at all.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2022
Elibakon:
I think power will remain in the North.
Note that the SE and SS and North Central are aligned with PDP when it comes to Presidential elections, they always vote along the same lines.
The SW were aligned with PDP until 2015, and when they went with the North. A lot of SW youths too would not vote BAT.
A typical Northern would rather vote for Atiku, than vote for a southerner, no matter the religious beliefs he holds.

We are expecting to see, for the first time in the political history of Nigeria, the North align with the SE and SS to vote in Atiku.

I can't speak for Obi. He would get a lot of votes but it wouldn't be enough to beat Atiku.
I see him coming second in the elections. I love Obi and really wish he can win, but the political sphere in Nigeria is not ready for Obi. Perhaps in 2027.

I have attached the maps of 2019 and 2015 and 2011 elections. See for yourselves and make the analysis

Places like zamfara,kebbi,borno,yobe,katsina can't vote pdp...se will go to obi.atiku will win ss narrowly and nc will go to aoc narrowly.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Camelot65: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2022
Freedom34:

Na reverse psychology brah!
Majority of those wey carry d mata for head are obi's usual noisy followers who won't ever touch apc with a long spoon.
Even if tinubu converts to christianity today, they still won't vote him.

8yrs of Osinbajo's VP, in what way has it benefited d ordinary Christian?
All their 'concerns and fears' are just a means of goading APC to do their budding- which is to field an unpopular northern VP candidate from d north. That's all!

Here we go with the usual "what way has it benefited an ordinary Christian" talk. undecided
Does it even sound fair to Christians?

Last president- Muslim
Tinubu-muslim
VP- Muslim. Haba.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by snowball11(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2022
haffaze777:

I only return their favor

So, the hatred between you guys is mutual after all!
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Angelfrost(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2022
garfield1:

He should pick a xtian and lose

He should pick a Muslim to win, and lose the nation...

There will be terrible consequences for slapping Christians across the nation in the face!
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Dada4me:
There are eminently qualified northern Christians that can be his vice. Picking a Muslim from the north will be his undoing in the south.

Darius Ishaku, Babachir Lawal, Simon Lalond, Gabriel Suswam, David Mark, Boss Mustapha and a host of others, even Yakubu Dogara and Christians from the north that are eminently qualified.

Pushing for muslim-muslim ticket is shooting yourself in the leg.

Undoing in the south how? Apart from the sw,the south won't vote him
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Acidosis(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2022
If Northerners won't vote a Northern Christian, why should Southern Christians vote Tinubu, a Southern Muslim?

Better to have power returned to the North or any other party like Labour Party.

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Mune: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2022
sotall:

Wake up! Wake up from dreaming. Face reality

You are being economical with the truth. There's no way for a 50/50 in the North this time.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Freedom34: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2022
***Nwokems, are u APC? No!
***Will u vote APC even if they choose a Christian VP running candidate? No!
***Will you vote APC even if jagaban converts to Christianity today? No
So just face front and let 'Christians in apc' bother their heads over d mata.

Zukwanike bikonu!
cool

sotall:

Camelot65:

Here we go with the usual "what way has it benefited an ordinary Christian" talk. undecided
Does it even sound fair to Christians?

Last president- Muslim
Tinubu-muslim
VP- Muslim. Haba.

Angelfrost:

What was the point of a Muslim VP from 1999 till 2007?!!

What was the benefit of a Muslim VP beyond then?!!

Why should the two major religions be represented in Aso Rock every tenure in a secular nation?!!

If you don't know these answers, then your education is questionable!
Thank y'all ndi-gaslighters, we appreciate ur weeping more than d bereaved!
Ngwanu, cuman be going!
cool

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Bimpe29: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2022
That's another perspective to it.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by sotall(m): 11:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Freedom34:
Nwokem, are u APC? No!
Will u vote APC even if they choose a Christian VP running candidate? No!
So just face front and let 'Christians in apc' bother their heads over d mata.

Zukwanike biko!
cool

Yes i will gladly obey your command because you are the owner of Nigeria.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Angelfrost(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2022
Freedom34:

That's d point!

Majority of those wey carry ds mata for head are d usual usual suspects who will never touch APC even with a long stick.

Even of tinubu bcoms a Christian today and also choose a Christian VP running mate the still won't vote him/APC.

They are only trying to gaslight APC to pick a Christian vp so as to lessen d chances of APC up north. Abeg, d 8 years of oshibajo VP, how e take benefit d average Christian?

What was the point of a Muslim VP from 1999 till 2007?!!

What was the benefit of a Muslim VP beyond then?!!

Why should the two major religions be represented in Aso Rock every tenure in a secular nation?!!

If you don't know these answers, then your education is questionable!

The position of the VP in every tenure is more ceremonial than anything else... However, it is also highly significant and sends a message of unity! You don't toy with such.

Why didn't Obama pick a fellow black man or woman as running mate?!!
Why did Biden pick a black woman?!! Where there no better qualified white people?!!
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by tymicjay77: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2022
Who the Bleep are you to give a condition, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by monex(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:
I have read a lot of people saying "no to Muslim-Muslim ticket" even before Asiwaju emerged. Now that he has emerged as the standard bearer of APC with Atiku as the major challenge to him, I wonder why a Muslim-Muslim ticket of Tinubu presidency is not better than a return of the presidency to north possibly for another eight years after 8 years of PMB.

Like or loathe APC, it has demonstrated being a truly progressive party by standing with a return of the presidency to the South even after Atiku had emerged as PDP's candidate. PDP damned everything common sense by making Atiku emerge with possibility of keeping the presidency in the north and a lot of people seem not to care because PDP is doing what they need to do to win the election without considering fairness and equity.

I am strongly convinced that when the time comes, majority of voters will side with an APC' Muslim-Muslim ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years to make it 16 straight years of Northern dominance.

e don turn to northern dominance. you guys never cease to amaze me.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by paramakina202: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:
I have read a lot of people saying "no to Muslim-Muslim ticket" even before Asiwaju emerged. Now that he has emerged as the standard bearer of APC with Atiku as the major challenge to him, I wonder why a Muslim-Muslim ticket of Tinubu presidency is not better than a return of the presidency to north possibly for another eight years after 8 years of PMB.

I am strongly convinced that when the time comes, majority of voters will side with an APC' Muslim-Muslim ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years to make it 16 straight years of Northern dominance.

Why shouldn't northern christians be considered are they not human or does the north belong to muslims alone while south belongs to both muslims and christians?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by alaira(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2022
I think religion should not be considered above competence and responsibility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Between LP Spokesperson Ndi Kato And Tinubu Supporters On TVC / World Bishops Write Buhari Over Five Nigerian Christians Sentenced To Death / Buhari Meets Four PDP Governors In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.