Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North (33303 Views)

2023: PDP Will Chase APC Out Of Presidency – Okowa / DSS Speaks On Plot By Presidency To Sack DSS DG, Yusuf Bichi / 2019: South-east PDP Leaders Endorse Zoning Of Presidency To North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Ajibocode1: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:
I have read a lot of people saying "no to Muslim-Muslim ticket" even before Asiwaju emerged. Now that he has emerged as the standard bearer of APC with Atiku as the major challenge to him, I wonder why a Muslim-Muslim ticket of Tinubu presidency is not better than a return of the presidency to north possibly for another eight years after 8 years of PMB.

Like or loathe APC, it has demonstrated being a truly progressive party by standing with a return of the presidency to the South even after Atiku had emerged as PDP's candidate. PDP damned everything common sense by making Atiku emerge with possibility of keeping the presidency in the north and a lot of people seem not to care because PDP is doing what they need to do to win the election without considering fairness and equity.

I am strongly convinced that when the time comes, majority of voters will side with an APC' Muslim-Muslim ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years to make it 16 straight years of Northern dominance.

Once is done Muslim Muslim ticket u have handed presidency to Atiku or Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2022
Abfinest007:
I saw a link yesterday saying register to campaign for tinubu for 20k
please share me the link bro
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by oilmane(m): 10:40am On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:
I have read a lot of people saying "no to Muslim-Muslim ticket" even before Asiwaju emerged. Now that he has emerged as the standard bearer of APC with Atiku as the major challenge to him, I wonder why a Muslim-Muslim ticket of Tinubu presidency is not better than a return of the presidency to north possibly for another eight years after 8 years of PMB.

Like or loathe APC, it has demonstrated being a truly progressive party by standing with a return of the presidency to the South even after Atiku had emerged as PDP's candidate. PDP damned everything common sense by making Atiku emerge with possibility of keeping the presidency in the north and a lot of people seem not to care because PDP is doing what they need to do to win the election without considering fairness and equity.

I am strongly convinced that when the time comes, majority of voters will side with an APC' Muslim-Muslim ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years to make it 16 straight years of Northern dominance.

What is with Tinubu picking a Christian as his VP? Are there no Christians in the North? Must it be a Muslim Muslim ticket?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Didijiji: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2022
Dear Samson Olasupo Adeniyi Ayokunle,

This is a letter of huge concern to you and other Christians in Nigeria. While this is not intended to cause chaos or problems, it is of a very significant importance for the continuity of Christianity in Nigeria. It is very obvious that Nigeria is a multi-religious society with Christianity and Islam as 2 major religions. Now, Nigeria has existed this long because of equity, justice and equality between entities that make up this union called Nigeria.

As you are aware sir, APC recently concluded their primaries with Tinubu emerging as the candidate. Atiku won same for the PDP. APC is of more concern to me because APC governors claimed to have met and insisted on power shift to the south.

Now i ask, if there is a need for power to be shifted to the south, why is it not been shifted to a southern Christian since PMB, a Muslim just completed 8 years. Why is everyone been smart by half in insisting that power shifts to the south and not to a Christian?

Analyzing further, A Tinubu presidency means power will remain with a Muslim for 8 years and another Muslim norther takes over for 8 years which gives a 24 cumulative Muslim rule in a multi religious country. To even make things worse, APC is making things worse and testing the waters by mentioning a MUSLIM-MUSLIM ticket to get reactions..... CAN ARISE OOOOOOO in Nigeria

I anticipate that responses will soon come saying that competence is what matters and not the persons religion. Does it mean there is no competent Christian in the south or a competent Christian VP from the south? This is the reason for the growing worries

Where is the equality in power shift to the south but not to a Christian?

It is surprising that the CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA has been this docile and quiet in the face of this glaring issue of humongous worry. As stated earlier, this is not intended to stair up any dust but to raise a very important issue so that all the political parties will adjust.

Let the same equality emotion that made the APC governors decide that power goes to the south be used to give power to a southern christian.

Dear CAN President, speak up now!!!!! Because if the reverse was the case, the leadership would have since been screaming...

Thank you

CC:PFN,OAIC,CCN,CSN,TEKAN/ECWA

*copied

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2022
wildernessVoice:

Take it from me.
Even with Muslim/Muslim ticket BAT will NOT Smell Aso Villa.
History shall be repeated:
Awolowo 1963
Abiola 1993 &
BAT 2023.
In as much as the south remain divided by selfish ambition, the north shall continue to rule(God Forbid)
Have you checked the recent Northern decampees from APC to PDP in the two weeks....?

They decamped because they were denied tickets sir.do you realize that more defected to APC from pdp
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Angelfrost(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2022
This is certainly a post by a paid Tinubu supporter... No integrity whatsoever!

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by haffaze777(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2022
snowball11:

Now, I'm neither Igbo nor from your extraction. But don't you as an omoluabi have same hatred for the igbos? undecided

All you so-called three major tribes of Nigeria are the problems bedeviling the country.
I only return their favor
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by denitro(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2022
if you claim majority of voters will side with an APC' Muslim-Muslim ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years. Then based on your argument, it also means majority of voters will side with an APC' muslim-christain ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years.
What is Tinubi afraid of? Why is he afraid of selecting a Northern Christian? You know the answer already.
You can buy out delegates but the masses across the entire length of the country, that's a different ball game.
Many Nigerians are ethnic driven, as long as power will remain in their ethnic zone they will even vote for their enemy.
Jonathan won because he got the support of the Igbos, Yorubas but lost in the north.
Buhari won because he got the support of the north, Yorubas but lost in the East
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by YelloweWest: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2022
Tinubu has the support of at least 12 northern governors who will be in office during the 2023 elections.

Naturally the sw will be shut down for Tinubu.

The northern central vote will be divided.

Atiku will win in ss and se.

Tinubu has this election already.

Peter obi is good but ge will only win on social media...

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by PassingShot(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2022
Ajibocode1:

Once is done Muslim Muslim ticket u have handed presidency to Atiku or Peter Obi
Lori Iro grin
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by goshen26: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2022
Boss Mustapha is a Christian for God sake
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Angelfrost(m): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2022
haffaze777:

I only return their favor

An eye for an eye is the foundation of this Nation's backwardness!

That is why we allowed a failure to rule for 8 years, and still on the verge of allowing another crook take over next year!

Nigerians are the main problems of Nigeria especially useless bigoted souls!
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by PericomaNwankwo: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
Now I know that naija is created to be useless forever.
I keep wondering why nobody is questioning how Tinubu and Atiku won their respective party tickets when u hv young men in their parties?
Does it mean that there are no young and vibrant young men in their parties?
Well, I wish them well,nmine is to gather fund and leave this kantry for una

So because there are young men, they should just carry the ticket and give them?? Because young people are not supposed to work for themselves Anyway, there are numerous other parties for young people to vy on.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2022
manontree:
So are you saying Tinubu cannot win with a Muslin Christian Ticket? Basically you are suggesting that if he doesn't use a Muslim VP he would lose to Atiku?

His chances of winning with a xtian is low.apart from the sw, Christian in ss/se won't vote him
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Epurogonogono(m): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2022
I don't know why people are just focused on these two candidates, there are other candidates, can't you vote them angry angry.

Nigerians and slave mentality undecided undecided
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Zenanted(m): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2022
jaxxy:

Iike ur analysis. So what is the right thing?

as for igbos they are correct cos they have been unfairly denied bt thatscnot enough the candidate must be competent and widely accepted by every region and tribe which should apply for any candidate.
Well, for once I think they have a credible candidate who is devoid of APC and PDP... I wish my fellow citizens can see beyond party because at the end, only we the youths can stop what's happening in Nigeria
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2022
goshen26:
Boss Mustapha is a Christian for God sake

He can't win Adamawa nor attract votes from core north
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by jaxxy(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:
I agree completely with the OP. This choice is now before us especially southerners. We either endure power returns to the south through Tinubu or it remains in the north with Atiku.

Nothing is wrong with power returning to the north and if it must be a southerner why not Peter obi? Or even Osinbajo who u had a chance to vote as Apc candidate bt intentionally and corruptly choose a Muslim to force down a useless Muslim/Muslim ticket on Nigerians and Intentionally insult the sensibilities of Christians.

Any Christian that vote a Muslim/Muslim ticket is this Modern Nigeria during these current tense times is a Fool and enemy of Christianity.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 10:45am On Jun 10, 2022
Angelfrost:
This is certainly a post by a paid Tinubu supporter... No integrity whatsoever!

Tinubu has better chances with Muslim Muslim ticket
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Freedom34: 10:45am On Jun 10, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

Sorry to be so blunt.

1. Northern Christians are despised in their region and have very little influence. In fact, Dogara has control of just 3 LGAs in Bauchi State - as strong as he's touted. Tinubu will definitely lose if he tries it. If you notice, El Rufai said he would do Muslim / Muslim ticket in Kaduna, and he won. Didnt you also notice that Tinubu didn't waste time during campaign with delegates in certain regions?[/b]
That's d point!

Majority of those wey carry ds mata for head are d usual usual suspects who will never touch APC even with a long stick.

Even of tinubu bcoms a Christian today and also choose a Christian VP running mate the still won't vote him/APC.

They are only trying to gaslight APC to pick a Christian vp so as to lessen d chances of APC up north. Abeg, d 8 years of oshibajo VP, how e take benefit d average Christian?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by SUNNYBRIGHT1347(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2022
None of the above
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by haffaze777(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

An eye for an eye is the foundation of this Nation's backwardness!

That is why we allowed a failure to rule for 8 years, and still on the verge of allowing another crook take over next year!

Nigerians are the main problems of Nigeria especially useless bigoted souls!
Oh I should have hug them instead so they can stab me from back,one of the best way to defeat your enemy is knowing him as your enemy.i don't pretend.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2022
YelloweWest:
Tinubu has the support of at least 12 northern governors who will be in office during the 2023 elections.

Atiku will win ss narrowly,se is for obi.nc is for tinubu nartowly

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by PassingShot(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2022
Validated:
Are you saying there is NO QUALIFIED Northern Christian to run with?
If he cannot balance the religious equation, then he should kiss Aso Rock BYE-BYE because, even Adeboye, Oyedepo, Wale Oke, Kumuyu, Olukoya, etc with their millins will vote against him.. Just wait, the Sunday before election PFN and CAN will oass the message.
If Buhari was smart enough to avoid the pitfall, Tinubu should be smarter.
The SW actually has more Muslims if you want to reason this way.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by SEXONLY: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2022
Destitute like you won't stop coming online to embarrass your generation yet unborn. You can only fool slowpoke like yourself in your erosion region by claiming what you can never be in your life.

Elvis778:

Lol, nonentities like you come on here to call someone your generation will never match, a coward, man will be on the ballot, you will Keep wasting your life in the streets rooting for old hags that doesn't give 2 fks about you.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by jaxxy(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2022
Zenanted:
Well, for once I think they have a credible candidate who is devoid of APC and PDP... I wish my fellow citizens can see beyond party because at the end, only we the youths can stop what's happening in Nigeria

I share same sentiments bt I'm strategic also I won't bet on a loosing horse. I will only support Peter obi is I see enough work done on his campaign and if he merges with the right people or persons to boost his chances.

He cannot depend on twitter youths alone to win. Millions of voters are not on social media talkless twitter. But twitter is an awareness machinery that can create an offline movement.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by PassingShot(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2022
denitro:
if you claim majority of voters will side with an APC' Muslim-Muslim ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years. Then based on your argument, it also means majority of voters will side with an APC' muslim-christain ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years.
What is Tinubi afraid of? Why is he afraid of selecting a Northern Christian? You know the answer already.
You can buy out delegates but the masses across the entire length of the country, that's a different ball game.
Many Nigerians are ethnic driven, as long as power will remain in their ethnic zone they will even vote for their enemy.
Jonathan won because he got the support of the Igbos, Yorubas but lost in the north.
Buhari won because he got the support of the north, Yorubas but lost in the East
I don't know of any northern christian who can bring him the needed votes
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by sotall(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2022
YelloweWest:

When Buhari won GEJ in 2015, how many Northern Governors in PDP were in office?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Hydroxide(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2022
Zonefree:
South East or the North continues.
please don't bring tribalism into Peter's Obi's Mandate. We want a better Nigeria that's why majority of the youths and others are drumming his support. No cun dey make people change their mindset
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by babyfaceafrica: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2022
fiizznation:
Tinubu might be popular in the South, but down here, the man is seen with the same lens atiku is seen with; corrupt,desperate and old. The northerners have two bad eggs to choose from and I can tell you, most will choose atiku because of some factors which your tinubu doesn't possess. Besides tinubu is sick!

Well I know some northern politicians will want to sell tinubu to the northerners but I don't see average northerners buying it. I doubt a tinubu can defeat atiku in a free and fair election.

This doesn't exist in Nigeria
They will both rig
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by SEXONLY: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2022
Politics is about structure. If you understand what I mean.

fiizznation:
When I say North I mean Muslim North because they constitute 85% of northerners. Unless we want to deceive ourselves but religion plays an important role in our election.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Ferdinandu(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:

Yes, you can vote LP or any other party. However, APC and PDP remain the two front runners and they naturally enjoy more focus and attention now.

Try answer the poser I put up.
We refused to answer it because online LP is the leading party but according to you people on the street it is PDP and APC. So go to the street and ask them because maybe that is where your postulation maybe true. If here, it is totally false so no need to waste your time here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria's Chibok Girls 'seen With Boko Haram In Gwoza' / APC Plans To Upturn Supreme Court Judgement On My Election – Fayose (Video) / Heads To Roll In NYSC Over Adeosun’s Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.