Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North (33300 Views)

2023: PDP Will Chase APC Out Of Presidency – Okowa / DSS Speaks On Plot By Presidency To Sack DSS DG, Yusuf Bichi / 2019: South-east PDP Leaders Endorse Zoning Of Presidency To North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by cutedharmee: 11:11am On Jun 10, 2022
Nothing concern me....all of them are the same
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by PEREZPERECTUS: 11:11am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

How is it more noble?

At least it's not going to the side of the North, unlike down "south" here where it's coming to the same side that has had 8 years of the presidency.
If there is no justification for North to retain power, then there is no justication for the south west to do same
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by JAGABAN360: 11:12am On Jun 10, 2022
IT WUL BE VERY DIFFICULT 4 TINUBU TO WIN NORTH EASILY, COS 1, HES NOT DAT HEALTHY, AND AGAIN HES DOSENT HAVE MUCH POPULARITY IN D NORTH
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Dada4me: 11:13am On Jun 10, 2022
garfield1:

Undoing in the south how? Apart from the sw,the south won't vote him

That is what I meant
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Camelot65: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2022
Freedom34:
***Nwokems, are u APC? No!
***Will u vote APC even if they choose a Christian VP running candidate? No!
***Will you vote APC even if jagaban converts to Christianity today? No
So just face front and let 'Christians in apc' bother their heads over d mata.

Zukwanike bikonu!
cool

Thank y'all ndi-gaslighters, we appreciate ur weeping more than d bereaved!
Ngwanu, cuman be going!
cool

As usual, I don turn Igbo. Continue.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by kingyakos: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:
I have read a lot of people saying "no to Muslim-Muslim ticket" even before Asiwaju emerged. Now that he has emerged as the standard bearer of APC with Atiku as the major challenge to him, I wonder why a Muslim-Muslim ticket of Tinubu presidency is not better than a return of the presidency to north possibly for another eight years after 8 years of PMB.

Like or loathe APC, it has demonstrated being a truly progressive party by standing with a return of the presidency to the South even after Atiku had emerged as PDP's candidate. PDP damned everything common sense by making Atiku emerge with possibility of keeping the presidency in the north and a lot of people seem not to care because PDP is doing what they need to do to win the election without considering fairness and equity.

I am strongly convinced that when the time comes, majority of voters will side with an APC' Muslim-Muslim ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years to make it 16 straight years of Northern dominance.

The fear of Atiku by Tinubu and his supporters.
Oga Op make i inform u d koko, yesterday me and some friends for my state here for SS we make small waka enter major market and Hausa settlement go interview peepo on who dem go vote come 2023, we first enter market wey dem dey sale food stuff and we interviewed so many market women and all of dem tell us same thing say dem don tire for broom and umbrella, dem say this time na mama Papa and pikin dem dey vote for and say anybody wey give dem money dem go collect and still vote mama Papa pikin, we interviewed another woman wey dey sale stock fish, de woman begin sing Obi kererenke Obi before u know the whole market women follow join d chorus and the whole market turn Obi. Wetin shock me pass be say nearly all the women get voters card and voters registration dey go on inside the market.
Another woman say dey tell dem for church make dem no vote any Muslim say Muslim wan rule finish hand over to another Muslim say e no go work say na turn for Christian to rule and Obi be the only Christian among Muslim contenders and all Christians go vote Obi.
From d market we take waka enter Hausa settlement very big settlement with massive Hausa population, we asked dem who dem go vote for and none of dem mentioned Obi Tinubu or even kwankwaso, all of dem from young to old, learned to illiterate say na Atiku, we now ask why e no be kwankwaso dem say make kwankwaso stop that nonsense of try to divide the north vote, we ask dem say wat if una governor na APC and him say make una vote APC wey be tinubu, e shock me say all of dem from different position of interview talk same thing, dey say their governor being APC no fit because of party come tell dem to Vote against dia brother say e dey against dia religion to stand against dia brother and even the APC governors dem go vote Atiku. We come asked dem say shebi tinubu na Muslim and as a Muslim na dia brother, most of dem just laughed and pass others begin dey mock tinubu say tinubu dey chop during Ramadan fasting.
Why i dey tell u this our report be say make una slow down for this una over hype of Tinubu before una go enter highway and from the look of things Obi don take over SS and SE and also christians support Nationwide, Atiku go win for North and maybe a few vote for SS but i doubt if him go fit sweep vote from one state for SS because na Obi kererenke everywhere SS, as for Tinubu i fit place bet say him vote no go pass SW.

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by 27Pushing30: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2022
Lawlab254:
The only party getting it right for now is Labour Party.

Who is Obi's running mate?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Freedom34: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2022
Hehehehehehe........i blv say u go school nwokem, ehn?
In which part of d post did I say u be yíbo, biko?
cool
Camelot65:
As usual, I don turn Igbo. Continue.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Emac34: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

Sorry to be so blunt.

1. Northern Christians are despised in their region and have very little influence. In fact, Dogara has control of just 3 LGAs in Bauchi State - as strong as he's touted. Tinubu will definitely lose if he tries it. If you notice, El Rufai said he would do Muslim / Muslim ticket in Kaduna, and he won. Didnt you also notice that Tinubu didn't waste time during campaign with delegates in certain regions? Says someone who hasn’t been to they north, Atiku will surprise you guys or you think an average Hausa man will vote Tinubu ahead of his bruh

2. Now, one secret that Southern people don't know, Atiku is really hated in the North. He has a reputation of a snake. He's widely abused as a homo and not a true Muslim. He's said to have been cursed to never be President by a popular Islamic Cleric. To be honest, I still don't understand the hate.

3. Tinubu will pick someone very strong from the North and he will be a Muslim. Northerners even see it as a revenge because OBJ foisted an unhealthy Yaradua that didn't really rule actively. They feel BAT might die in power or the VP does most of the heavy lifting.

By the time Tinubu calls meetings of traditional religious leaders and the big Pastors of Yorubaland e.g. Adeboye, Kumuyi and Oyedepo.... you will be shocked how the potential 60% SW votes turns to 80 or even 90! Oh I even forgot his wife is a Pastor in RCCG and not in the Senate (free to campaign). Remi will go to mega churches - Yorubas undisputably have the biggest.... and preach every Sunday.

Bloc votes from SW and a North 50/50 or even 40% from North will win it for BAT.

Politicians do their calculations well... no matter Atiku's vice, he's very unlikely to win. That's just the reality.

Tinubu is a strong politician but I doubt anyone was sure he would soundly thrash President + Vice President + Senate President + Party Chairman. Did we really expect such a wide margin?

Politicians are like sharks, they easily smell blood in the water I.e. they quickly jump to the side of a potential winner. The APC primaries was an eye-opener for many. SS will smartly fall in line, BAT might not win there but he will do better than projected. SE will be stubborn as usual and unfortunately shout marginalization later. Unfair it might seem but true.

The main election campaigns might be physically tasking for him, but he will very likely trounce Atiku. The other candidates don't matter at all; not worth mentioning.

Tinubu can only lose if he chooses Ganduje (bad reputation) or a Northern Christian. Or Yoruba/Yoruba ticket .... grin grin

Have you been to they north before, An average Hausa man will never vote for a Tinubu over an Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by ceejay80s(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:
I agree completely with the OP. This choice is now before us especially southerners. We either ensure power returns to the south through Tinubu or it remains in the north with Atiku.
so u are saying obi won't win?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by demsy21(m): 11:16am On Jun 10, 2022
One thing I know is many Tinubu haters are now pretending to give him good advice on this forum. Hoping he'll make choices that will further shrink his winning chances. Likewise, but at a lesser rate for Atiku's projections. It's very easy to see through cunning, except you think we're toddlers over here.

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by 27Pushing30: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2022
kingyakos:

The fear of Atiku by Tinubu and his supporters.
Oga Op make i inform u d koko, yesterday me and some friends for my state here for SS we make small waka enter major market and Hausa settlement go interview peepo on who dem go vote come 2023, we first enter market wey dem dey sale food stuff and we interviewed so many market women and all of dem tell us same thing say dem don tire for broom and umbrella, dem say this time na mama Papa and pikin dem dey vote for and say anybody wey give dem money dem go collect and still vote mama Papa pikin, we interviewed another woman wey dey sale stock fish, de woman begin sing Obi kererenke Obi before u know the whole market women follow join d chorus and the whole market turn Obi. Wetin shock me pass be say nearly all the women get voters card and voters registration dey go on inside the market.
Another woman say dey tell dem for church make dem no vote any Muslim say Muslim wan rule finish hand over to another Muslim say e no go work say na turn for Christian to rule and Obi be the only Christian among Muslim contenders and all Christians go vote Obi.
From d market we take waka enter Hausa settlement very big settlement with massive Hausa population, we asked dem who dem go vote for and none of dem mentioned Obi Tinubu or even kwankwaso, all of dem from young to old, learned to illiterate say na Atiku, we now ask why e no be kwankwaso dem say make kwankwaso stop that nonsense of try to divide the north vote, we ask dem say wat if una governor na APC and him say make una vote APC wey be tinubu, e shock me say all of dem from different position of interview talk same thing, dey say their governor being APC no fit because of party come tell dem to Vote against dia brother say e dey against dia religion to stand against dia brother and even the APC governors dem go vote Atiku. We come asked dem say shebi tinubu na Muslim and as a Muslim na dia brother, most of dem just laughed and pass others begin dey mock tinubu say tinubu dey chop during Ramadan fasting.
Why i dey tell u this our report be say make una slow down for this una over hype of Tinubu before una go enter highway and from the look of things Obi don take over SS and SE and also christians support Nationwide, Atiku go win for North and maybe a few vote for SS but i doubt if him go fit sweep vote from one state for SS because na Obi kererenke everywhere SS, as for Tinubu i fit place bet say him vote no go pass SW.

lol delusion... pure delusion

2023 no far sha
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by BrokenTV: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:
I agree completely with the OP. This choice is now before us especially southerners. We either ensure power returns to the south through Tinubu or it remains in the north with Atiku.
If power returning to the south is through Tinubu then that power remain in the North. I am for Peter Obi whetter win or Loss.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by edlion57(m): 11:18am On Jun 10, 2022
SEXONLY:
which youth dey support coward

u are not part of youth...u were created for sex only
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Angelfrost(m): 11:18am On Jun 10, 2022
Freedom34:
***Nwokems, are u APC? No!
***Will u vote APC even if they choose a Christian VP running candidate? No!
***Will you vote APC even if jagaban converts to Christianity today? No
So just face front and let 'Christians in apc' bother their heads over d mata.

Zukwanike bikonu!
cool

Thank y'all ndi-gaslighters, we appreciate ur weeping more than d bereaved!
Ngwanu, cuman be going!
cool

There is more to national life and progress than a party winning election!

Nigeria's future is beyond 2023 elections sir.

Many of you celebrated PDP many years back when Jonathan won... He ended up furthering the nation down the corruption hole.

Other morons celebrated APC in 2015, even taunting others... Where are we today?!!

Don't ever mention me again!!!
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by MtDave55: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2022
Why are Nigeria easily taken away by things that are irrelevant?

The debate should be on who we can trust to mend the fences broken by the current administration and not who come from where or the religion a person belong to.

Nigeria currently is having a record of 0.2 GDP growth, with close to 40trillion of foreign loans and huge number of unemployment, who can we trust to salvage this nation, who do we think is capable of repairing the damages that have been caused and is still causing?

OBI is the answer

And between TINUBU and ATIKU, the latter have proven beyond doubt that he have what it takes to rebuild this nation as demonstrated by him through his investment in key sector of the economy band within the country
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by 27Pushing30: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2022
demsy21:
One thing I know is many Tinubu haters are now pretending to give him good advice on this forum. Hoping he'll make choices that will further shrink his winning chances. Likewise, but at a lesser rate for Atiku's projections. It's very easy to see through cunning, except you think we're toddlers over here.

facts ,,, just makes me laugh..

a lot of them are still SHOCKED tinubu managed to win APC's ticket... the vitrol on social media has gone into overdrive,

I just sip my tea and move on sha...

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Elibakon: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2022
garfield1:

Places like zamfara,kebbi,borno,yobe,katsina can't vote pdp...se will go to obi.atiku will win ss narrowly and nc will go to aoc narrowly.

Let's watch and see
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Camelot65: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2022
Freedom34:
Hehehehehehe........i blv say u go school nwokem, ehn?
In which part of d post did I say u be yíbo, biko?
cool
. "Ngwanu
Nwokems
ndi-
Zukwanike bikonu"

Unless I'm mistaken, igbos are the only ones addressed this way.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by haffaze777(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2022
snowball11:

So, the hatred between you guys is mutual after all!

Perhaps you should re read the post you quote
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Freedom34: 11:20am On Jun 10, 2022
demsy21:
Advice kee dem dia.
The same 'Christian' wey kill and rejoice with the killers of a fellow Christian all bcus he be Hausa? Na so Jesus Christ teach us?

ArewaNorth:
This is Mr Yerima, a northern Christian based in Anambra state. He was the Head of Engineering Department, South East Zone at New Crystal Communications Limited.

He was butchered like nama by IPOB terrorists.
His only sin was accepting to work in Anambra. His body was cut into pieces like slices of bread yet no outcry, no condemnations, not even a mention of the barbaric and cannibalistic act by the fake and hypocritic humanity advocates.

https:///xbpzUYc2ka
This is Engr Yerima, a northern christian butchered by his 'fellow Christians' for being a northerner
See as dem kee ds guy all bcus he be Hausa:
The same hypocrites are d ones opening their mouth waaaaaa like dt 'thing' wey dey comot blood 5 days every month they shout "what about Christians"

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by favour32(m): 11:21am On Jun 10, 2022
Muslim Muslim tickets and power staying in the North will worsen Nigeria situation,since both are devoid of justice and fair play currently.
In a country, defined by two major religions and two major regions that are continuously lacking trust for each other.As a particular part will only have a rest of mind when it has the propensity to dominate the other endlessly.It would have been okay, if the dominance is reflected in the progress of the country.
The dominant North claimed to be highly populated more than the South yet it does not show in IGR of the states there.
No progressive country in the world still practice the archaic nomadic way of animal husbandry
What progressive country practice is ranching.
But they wouldn't listen.
What about taxes from such business?

The progress of the country depends on the North
If everyone is taken as the same,there will be progress.
We are defined by our differences(they are NOT telling you the truth),so let us respect such facts.
We are not advance enough to ignore what weaken us if not addressed.

Only the advance mind, that is not controlled by majore factors of religion and tribe, knows that justice and fair play are recipes for progress in any environment.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by ceejay80s(m): 11:21am On Jun 10, 2022
robinso01:
As if there is no christian northerners
why must it be a Northerner?
why not Christian Anambra
or Christian Edo or Christian akwa ibom etc
why must it be Northerner?
if yoruba's can come together with ibis, I bet u, aboki will never smell that sit again
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by kingyakos: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2022
27Pushing30:

lol delusion... pure delusion

2023 no far sha

Delusion seems to be a new English to the Southwesterners grin grin
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2022
Elibakon:

Let's watch and see

No need to watch.check their history.you dont expect a place like rivers to vote apc so suddenly
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Mainmanpadi(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

I problem with Yorubas is that you don't travel. The North has large Christian population. Tinubu will lose those votes.

There is no how indigenous Northern Christians will vote Moslem Moslem ticket when they have option.

Also, Moslem Moslem ticket in the South is DOA. If Buhari couldn't pull it off, is it Tinubu that would?

Again, even if Tinubu picks a Moslem VP, Moslem North will still vote for Atiku and Kwankwanso over a Moslem North VP.

Seriously, I want Tinubu to pick a Moslem VP because it will benefit Peter Obi more.

But if he picks a Northern Christian, the election will be between Obi and Atiku.

How Yorubas can't reason beyond their nose is what I don't understand. They have an Osinbanjo but they queued behind Tinubu.

Yoruba sophistication starts and ends on paper.
Which northerner in his right senses will vote for Peter Obi? It's between At ik u and Tinubu down here, even Kwankwaso is wasting his time
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Freedom34: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2022
Hehehehe.....nwokem, I say show me where I say u be yíbo for my post and stop beating about d bush biko!
cool
Camelot65:
. "Ngwanu
Nwokems
ndi-
Zukwanike bikonu"

Unless I'm mistaken, igbos are the only ones addressed this way.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by garfield1: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2022
Dada4me:

That is what I meant

Even if he picks a Christian, he will lose in ss/se so what's the point

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Mrkumareze(m): 11:26am On Jun 10, 2022
If we southerners cares much about regions holding power, we should be concentrated on how to give south East the votes..
Op has a political undertone in his post, I wish we can be sincere to ourselves or leave politicians to keep playing with our destiny.

My candidates remains Peter Obi, followed by BAT. Atiku has nothing to offer this country, voting him means another 8 years of wasteful resources.
Atiku's leadership ll be like that of Okorocha in Imo state; he will touch all corners of the country with useless and uncompleted projects
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by abusanofficial: 11:26am On Jun 10, 2022
A movement on social media with no structures across the country.

Most of you claiming you'll vote for him, I doubt if you know how the party flag looks like.

Any illiterate in the villages both in d north or south can easily recognize the other two party's flags.

Remember on that day it is not Peter Obi's picture that will be on the ballot but the party.

So tell me, has he done enough to build the party's popularity beyond those who can type on social media?

NigeriaB:
Presidency will be in the south...

And it will be Peter Obi

See, I love PDP, infact PDP is my party but Peter Obi is already an unstoppable movement!

Myself and my family have joined his train

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaves For US Tomorrow March 30th. / Who Wants Our President Dead? / Heads To Roll In NYSC Over Adeosun’s Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.