Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu (25446 Views)

Boko Haram: Military Inflicts Heavy Casualty On ISWAP Elements In Gwoza / Report On ISWAP Moving N18bn Through Nigerian Banks Stale - NFIU / Geidam Attack: Army Inflicts Heavy Casualty On ISWAP Terrorists, Recovers Weapon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Omooba77: 5:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
Governor of Ondo State, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, has said the admittance of the deadly terrorist group, the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) that it was responsible for the deadly attack at Saint Francis Catholic Church in Owo, on Sunday was too hasty.

ISWAP is notorious for admitting responsibility for its attacks, according to Akeredolu, which is why he decided not to attach significance to the conclusion by the Federal Government.

The governor revealed this during a meeting with the Christian Solidarity International (CSI), a Swiss-based Christian human rights organization.

The National Security Council had on Thursday stated that ISWAP was behind the Owo attack.

21,000 Nigerians Move to Canada Every Year - Find HowPR CanadienseSign Up

Akeredolu, who described the attack as a crime against humanity, emphasized that the Southwest region had been a peaceful region before the tragic incident.

“The statement is too hasty. I take their conclusion with a pinch of salt. ISWAP don’t hide their attacks. If they have done it, they would have owned up.

“We are yet to know their identity and our security people are still on their trail.”

He emphasized that despite the attack, the people of the state remained unshakeable and ready to battle insecurity.

He stated that the government is committed to assisting the victims of the incident, particularly those who have lost loved ones and those who are hospitalized.

While stating that the moment for state police is here, he also stressed that the country’s current security architecture cannot provide appropriate protection for people and property.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/10/owo-massacre-fgs-conclusion-on-iswap-too-hasty-gov-akeredolu/

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by citygarden(m): 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
The government are just in hurry to tag it to a well know terrorists to cover their incompetent. I heard they arrested some of them. Let quickly know who are they by interrogating them

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Jnrprince1(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
Buhari is the dumb, annoying and clueless president I have ever seen...

362 Likes 98 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by GuyWise101(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Akeredolu is somehow dumb, you that concluded that it was foreign Mali people trained in Libya

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by WibusJaga: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2022

How can a whole National Security Council issue such critical statement against ISWAP without confirmation just to cover up their cluelessness & incompetence.
Is that how they toy with issues of National Security.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Highways: 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2022
Where are the cows?

I'll vote Tinubu.....

If he can put thread inside needle

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by richiemcgold: 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
hasty or no hasty, Mr governor still have to do something about uncontrollable influx of northerners and those unregistered migrants into ondo state.
As of today, there's no corner in AKure where you won't see these people in their numbers. Some are even from far away countries like Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger and Senegal. They are now bringing in their wives and children to reside here. They are literally everywhere from arakale to old garage to araromi, odojoka, oke aro, ayedun, ijoka, benin garage and many other parts of Akure. Are we supposed to fold our arms and look on while these people dominate us in our own land?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by tesppidd: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Is that so?

But your own conclusion about Mali and Libya on that first day, was that one not over hasty?

357 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Mko123(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Q
Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by signature2012(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
The Governor said they were from Libya.

Federal Govt said they were ISWAP.

As a South-Westerner,use your brain properly and vote for a candidate that have you mind.

APC is devilish!!!!

18 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Ballzproblemm: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
thank you! I thought this man was dull, this shows that the federal government are backing this radical group, Nigerians wake up! I saw this from miles away

5 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by inforesource: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Always hasty for the wrong reason

1 Like

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Strongbest(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hmmm. Maybe because the government just needed to say something, you know if they don't say something, people will think they are not proactive or they're not working on the issue.

So, they have to come up with something, at least, to make us see them or believe they are ontop of the situation. smiley smiley
Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by naijaguy1234(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
GuyWise101:

Akeredolu is somehow dumber, you that concluded that it was foreign Mali people trained in Libya

Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is somehow dumber…

Your tribe is so disrespectful !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by asobo1: 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Mr governor, do you know why I like you? You talk too much. Do your own investigation gan.
What did you expect from a lazy APC led government. Attack carried out by suspected ISWAP terrorist and that's it. Since the have nincompoop's who swallow anything they throw at them, that's it. They just lump up anything on ISWAP. Ordinarily ISWAP would have released a video no matter how short it is if actually they were responsible. But with what the FG has said, the investigation is done and dusted.

[/b]May the souls of the departed rest in peace.[b]

1 Like

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by EniHolar(f): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
PREVIOUSLY...
I love my country
I hate the government

NOW...
I hate everything
I hate everyone, especially you
Yes... You!

1 Like

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Crixxx: 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Lol. Me and you know this is the handwork of yoruba Muslims

1 Like

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by chinavs9ja(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hmmm...FG claimed they are ISWAP, we are waiting for Aketi to tell us who they are.

I am a professional website developer and Android developer... check my signature!
Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Passionate888: 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
No sleep, no sleep, wake up. Collect your mumu
Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Nova1988(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Mtchewwww!

I thought it was Fulani herdsmen now. angry
Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by BigDawsNet: 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
I don't trust that news...

It takes weeks for FBI to arrest a serial killer talkless of a terrorist ...

It's too quick!
I'm not saying its not possible but I don't trust Nigerian gov

1 Like

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by ekukeku(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
I hope dey said dey catch Dem yesterday ni

I don't understand again
Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Terrier99: 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
Is the FG the spokesperson of ISWAP?
Why in a hurry to push it to ISWAP?
These people in government should be using sense to do their jobs to avoid stuff like this.

3 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by abmnege(m): 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
honestly, they where too hasty, perhaps they don't won't to hear investigation points to Fulani herdsmen
Re: Owo Massacre: FG’s Conclusion On ISWAP Too Hasty – Gov Akeredolu by Zubaidabta12(m): 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Stupid comment

Highways:
Where are the cows?

I'll vote Tinubu.....

If he can put thread inside needle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ododo Helps Bello Out Of Abuja Residence Amid EFCC, DSS siege / Oba Olofa Of Offa Dethroned / President Buhari Delivers Dam Project Abandoned For 27 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.