Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years (1166 Views)

We Bought A House That Was Abandoned For 20yrs But The Real Surprise Was Under / Lawyer Who Was Abandoned By His Father At 5 Reveals What Happened 20 Years Later / Baby Who Was Abandoned By Her Father Looks Too Adorable In New Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by fineboynl(m): 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
I have this new fridge I used for only 5 months or so. It block and freeze pure waters within 2/3 hours during the time i was using it.so I abandoned the fridge for more than two years.

But using it once again and this time around. It cannot freeze water for 4 hours. But the water will be very cold chilling holding teeth. The Same thing with food. the few hours I run the fridge it was not what I was expecting of that very fridge. I have not really run it for more hours. But during the previous time it was use it freeze really fast.

Could it be because it was abandoned for This long? Or should I keep using it for it to normalize? Do refrigerator depreciate without it been used?

The fridge is still new and in mint condition.
Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by maleekberry: 8:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
Same thing happened to my fridge. My advice for you is to keep running it back to back it will surly come alive again.
Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
Maybe there’s a leak or the gas in compressor has reduced or check the compressor fan for dust and make sure it’s spinning good. If compressor fan is dusty, clean it. Check condenser is giving off enough heat and there’s space for it to be cooled down
Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by Cypress042(m): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
Op you're really lucky, i mean for like two years now rats didn't hold protest in it cheesy cheesy I left mine for just three week and now i can't recognise it again grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by fineboynl(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2022
Cypress042:
Op you're really lucky, i mean for like two years now rats didn't hold protest in it cheesy cheesy I left mine for just three week and now i can't recognise it again grin grin
rat cannot enter my house. From where and how? Mental door that's always lock?
Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by anthonyuncle(m): 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
call a technician
Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by taiwoowiat: 4:51am On Jun 11, 2022
When you abondoned fridge or freezer for some months without using it, there will be leakages of gas in the system because there's no movement of refrigerant and lubricant from compressor to lubricate the pipes. With time, the pipes will subjected to rust which will lead to leakages.

If you are in Ibadan, you can dm for more information.

1 Like

Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by frozen70(f): 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
fineboynl:
I have this new fridge I used for only 5 months or so. It block and freeze pure waters within 2/3 hours during the time i was using it.so I abandoned the fridge for more than two years.

But using it once again and this time around. It cannot freeze water for 4 hours. But the water will be very cold chilling holding teeth. The Same thing with food. the few hours I run the fridge it was not what I was expecting of that very fridge. I have not really run it for more hours. But during the previous time it was use it freeze really fast.

Could it be because it was abandoned for This long? Or should I keep using it for it to normalize? Do refrigerator depreciate without it been used?

The fridge is still new and in mint condition.

Get a fridge repairer to check the control, gas and whatever need to be checked
Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by fineboynl(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
frozen70:

Get a fridge repairer to check the control, gas and whatever need to be checked
I run it over night and it was fucking block like stone the pure water was about tearing. This morning when I woke up I off the fridge. Right now the water is still blocked.

I believe it need to run for sometime.
Re: My Refrigerator That Was Abandoned For Years by frozen70(f): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
fineboynl:
I run it over night and it was fucking block like stone the pure water was about tearing. This morning when I woke up I off the fridge. Right now the water is still blocked.

I believe it need to run for sometime.

With the above explanations, it's just ok, nothing is wrong with it

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Is The Message Of Total Abstinence Realistic In The 21st Century Nigeria? / Parental Care Tips For Helping The Autistic Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.