Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,924 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

My Narcissistic Brother - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Narcissistic Brother (28142 Views)

30 Traits Of A Narcissistic Parent / 8 Toxic Ways Narcissistic Mothers Emotionally Abuse Their Children / Narcissistic Personality Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Killerbag36: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
We4all:

At the bolded…..I guess you must be a native doctor.

Yes iam to ur parents ask them about my naira monies Kersey they will tell u to be wear u even even understand cool cool
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by We4all: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2022
Killerbag36:

Yes iam to ur parents ask them about my naira monies Kersey they will tell u to be wear u even even understand cool cool

Seriously, you must be a native doctor.
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by VirileNelly2420: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
Asquare84:
A university graduate typed this episode with alot of uncoordinated sentence.
What do u mean by uncoordinated sentence??
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Ara21(f): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2022
Asquare84:

You guys should stop this already. Remember we borrowed this language, which part of his write up did you not understand
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Ara21(f): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
anthonyuncle:
get a gun,
it might come in handy very soon grin

Please don't listen to this one.
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by VirileNelly2420: 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
RightToReject:

Cut the guy some slack. Your single sentence has two notable errors. A lot, not "alot" and sentences, not "sentence."

So, the correct version of your sentence should be: "A university graduate typed this episode with a lot of uncoordinated sentences."

The pot calling the kettle black.
D guy na wack!
I think it should be three errors or more sef.

He ended it with a dot instead of a question mark. ("." Instead of "?" )
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by VirileNelly2420: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2022
solosamste:
My Brother, sorry for what you have been going through in the hands of your toxic brother, However you have to do something positively to help him back to himself.
Please, from wherever you are residing , bring him to Synagogue church in Lagos for deliverance .
I can give you a 100% assurance of total turnaround thereafter.
I can help you on how to go about it whenever you are ready. temtol@yahoo.co.uk
Meanwhile , IT IS FREE
The synagogue, TB Joshua? ... entirely free?
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by VirileNelly2420: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
sad too much ingredients Dey spoil soup.Ur mum is NOT helping @ all.She sow Evil and reaping it now.He’ll continue to STEAL till they catch him outside
She should abandon her blood or wot?
Her attitude is normal as a mother.
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by VirileNelly2420: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
Usorohtheman:
Your Bros is not mentally okay...He needs help...I can help...
How can u do dat?
Lots of people need help, but helpless
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by VirileNelly2420: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2022
Okealaaye:

Something is actually wrong with you! What's poor English here? The young lady wrote well.
I just taya o. I dey try see d poor stuff d guy did wey warrant such attack.
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by okoroemeka(m): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Asquare84:
can't you see the story without first analyzing his level of education?,is this an essay competition?the op is asking for mature inputs and advice.
Pls my dear op go to the police station and make a report about your brother stealing things from the family,and let him know that anytime he does so he will be arrested,if you can't tell him give the policemen his number let them call him and they will read the riot act to him.
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Akuziolu: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
My two kobo worth, as someone who's lived through this, there's nothing you can do.

You are not responsible for your elder brother. Get a good safe to lock up your valuables.

Carry every valuables on you till you find your place
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by NewmanK2022(m): 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2022
Your brother is a chronic addict. Check him into rehab
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Amilli(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2022
Your bro is a drug addict and on crack cocaina!

Moonshine101:
Hello Everyone!

I have a family issue but I don't have someone to speak to about it, so I'm very grateful for your inputs on this matter.

SOME BACKSTORY (You can skip this if you want):
I'm the youngest of my two siblings (26M). I have a sister and a brother. My sister's kinda okay. My brother (35) is a selfish, toxic and entitled person. He dropped out from the university, doesn't have a job and he steals from my parents like my dad's watches or property or my mum's jewellery and then sells them to buy weed or something.

One time he sold my mum's car and after some police and legal issue that basically went nowhere, she basically had to steal it back (The guy who bought it, passed away a little while after, so I guess that case is closed..), he once took my phone while I was sleeping because I refused to give him a different phone I had, that belongs to me after selling his own phone or something. It's like he acts solely on impulse. My dad (who's in his 70s now) is almost always on security alert when my brother is around. As for my mom, she just straight up enables him and bails him out of trouble every time, saying things like "He's your brother" or "God will change him" when I talk to her about it. My brother and I got into a fight, like a year before I left for university, because he wanted to look around my room to see if I had his usb cable despite me telling him I don't have it nor have I seen it. That was the last time I willingly spoke to him.

My family moved into a new house and I finally left for school (my brother stayed in the old house and my sister moved in with her husband after marriage, so it was just him over there). During my 3rd year, I called my dad, asking him for some money because I was broke, and during the phone call, my dad tells me that he's at the hospital cuz my brother and some girl just had a kid. okay.. I came back for holidays and found out that his baby mama (who's also toxic and insults people alot) and kid, my nephew, are staying with us, with my parents providing for them while my brother stays in the older house, renting it out to people (who messed up the house and compound to the point it just became a disgusting place to live in) obviously without permission from my parents (who don't even own that house, it belongs to my uncle). By the time I graduated and came back home, he was now living with us in the new house because free food and no bills, I guess.

I haven't gotten a job yet so I'm stuck here.

Recently, he's been staying away from me because I don't talk to him or even look at him.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:
Around a year ago, I had a serious wakeup call and decided that, if I was going to go forward in life I would have to better myself so I began a journey of meditation and self-improvement, and I think I've made some good progress. Now the issue is my brother---earlier today, I saw him scouting our house (after my parents went out) and I could instantly tell he was up to no good. I was cooking when I began to hear some noise from upstairs like he was hacking at something. He came downstairs and readied his car while my cousin who stays with us (19) carried the AC unit my brother was planning to sell.
Usually I'll just mind my business and avoid him because he's an adult-child (narcissist) and I think he'll just put his vindictive sights on me if I interfere, but this time I don't know what came over me..

I called my cousin and demanded where he was taking that AC to. I then asked my brother (first time in years I've spoken to him) why he was taking it, he just gave one nonsense flimsy excuse then I told my cousin to return it. When he tried to explain whatever, I didn't acknowledge his presence, I just ignored him and ate my food. He just stood there staring at me for like 3 minutes before he left while murmuring something.

The main reason I've been avoiding him for long is because he's toxic and I decided that family or not, toxicity is still toxicity. He's very exploitative and once he familiarises with someone it's like an opening to trample the person's boundaries. I think I confronted him today because the more you ignore bad/evil the stronger it becomes and eventually it will come for you except now it'll be stronger from all the experience.

The issue is, I don't want to relapse into my old life of toxicity by further engaging him if he decides to steal from me on get physical because he's the kind of person that only listens to actions, not words.
Please, what do you think I do?
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by frozen70(f): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2022
Moonshine101:
Hello Everyone!

I have a family issue but I don't have someone to speak to about it, so I'm very grateful for your inputs on this matter.

SOME BACKSTORY (You can skip this if you want):
I'm the youngest of my two siblings (26M). I have a sister and a brother. My sister's kinda okay. My brother (35) is a selfish, toxic and entitled person. He dropped out from the university, doesn't have a job and he steals from my parents like my dad's watches or property or my mum's jewellery and then sells them to buy weed or something.

One time he sold my mum's car and after some police and legal issue that basically went nowhere, she basically had to steal it back (The guy who bought it, passed away a little while after, so I guess that case is closed..), he once took my phone while I was sleeping because I refused to give him a different phone I had, that belongs to me after selling his own phone or something. It's like he acts solely on impulse. My dad (who's in his 70s now) is almost always on security alert when my brother is around. As for my mom, she just straight up enables him and bails him out of trouble every time, saying things like "He's your brother" or "God will change him" when I talk to her about it. My brother and I got into a fight, like a year before I left for university, because he wanted to look around my room to see if I had his usb cable despite me telling him I don't have it nor have I seen it. That was the last time I willingly spoke to him.

My family moved into a new house and I finally left for school (my brother stayed in the old house and my sister moved in with her husband after marriage, so it was just him over there). During my 3rd year, I called my dad, asking him for some money because I was broke, and during the phone call, my dad tells me that he's at the hospital cuz my brother and some girl just had a kid. okay.. I came back for holidays and found out that his baby mama (who's also toxic and insults people alot) and kid, my nephew, are staying with us, with my parents providing for them while my brother stays in the older house, renting it out to people (who messed up the house and compound to the point it just became a disgusting place to live in) obviously without permission from my parents (who don't even own that house, it belongs to my uncle). By the time I graduated and came back home, he was now living with us in the new house because free food and no bills, I guess.

I haven't gotten a job yet so I'm stuck here.

Recently, he's been staying away from me because I don't talk to him or even look at him.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:
Around a year ago, I had a serious wakeup call and decided that, if I was going to go forward in life I would have to better myself so I began a journey of meditation and self-improvement, and I think I've made some good progress. Now the issue is my brother---earlier today, I saw him scouting our house (after my parents went out) and I could instantly tell he was up to no good. I was cooking when I began to hear some noise from upstairs like he was hacking at something. He came downstairs and readied his car while my cousin who stays with us (19) carried the AC unit my brother was planning to sell.
Usually I'll just mind my business and avoid him because he's an adult-child (narcissist) and I think he'll just put his vindictive sights on me if I interfere, but this time I don't know what came over me..

I called my cousin and demanded where he was taking that AC to. I then asked my brother (first time in years I've spoken to him) why he was taking it, he just gave one nonsense flimsy excuse then I told my cousin to return it. When he tried to explain whatever, I didn't acknowledge his presence, I just ignored him and ate my food. He just stood there staring at me for like 3 minutes before he left while murmuring something.

The main reason I've been avoiding him for long is because he's toxic and I decided that family or not, toxicity is still toxicity. He's very exploitative and once he familiarises with someone it's like an opening to trample the person's boundaries. I think I confronted him today because the more you ignore bad/evil the stronger it becomes and eventually it will come for you except now it'll be stronger from all the experience.

The issue is, I don't want to relapse into my old life of toxicity by further engaging him if he decides to steal from me qon get physical because he's the kind of person that only listens to actions, not words.
Please, what do you think I do?

You see, you are no longer going to play that gentle man behavior again, you ha e to learn to be rugged like him but in a very smart and sensible Manner

Make sure you safe guide what you have become when he is done with the rest members of the family, you will be the next target, so be hardet him know that you can stand his madness

I don't want to talk about uoir dad because he is already disappointed and his behavior may trigger him to have BP including your mum

Lastly if you guys have landed property's pls tell your dad to remove the documents to a safer place be it family members or a trusted person

He may sell them without notification or permission

I hope he gets arrested from a crime he will commit then he will serve his turn

Forget about him and his crazy baby mama they are bed of the same feathers

Just be focused in life so that you will be successful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Klass99(f): 10:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
smiley
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Mytime21: 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2022
Techbots:
hahahaha e still pain me say I don do make Dem ban that my account I dey use do scamm.
Hunger go wire me and my baby.
My mama na Useless babymama
I get wink you can loud it, ediot, jobless, broke 70years old man.

2 Likes

Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Joygift3666: 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2022
Las las he will sell the house and render all of you homeless.
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Dozie32(m): 6:15am On Jun 12, 2022
Asquare84:

Hmmm, people like you has nothing to offer.
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Killerbag36: 6:15am On Jun 12, 2022
baby124:

Doctor indeed. Delusional cursed being from a family of cursed people. Keep cursing yourself deeper and deeper and exposing the illnesses you are battling. I see you are already battling with Ogun Idile. So I will let it destroy you, your children and all your family members grin. I don’t want to derail OP’s thread again, so I will leave you to keep writing senselessly with no head or tail.

Happy sunday to ur curse family nd members
Bt why did u stop i taught we had in good thing going on in this tread exposing ur cusred lineage b4 lets continue na grin
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by Usorohtheman(m): 6:59am On Jun 12, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

How can u do dat?
Lots of people need help, but helpless

I have a proven, tested and effective methodology that can help him, change his mind...

When the mindset is changed, the healing of the soul is possible...and the healing will become obvious in the body...
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by SPAMBOX7: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2022
Asquare84:
You dumber than his bro grin
Re: My Narcissistic Brother by WhisperedNoise: 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Asquare84:
The write up is actually comprehensive.
Don't criticise what you can't replicate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Single Friends Of Married Peeps. / Son Insists 94-year-Old Father Must Not Be Buried In Imo / US Father Takes Unclaimed African Kingdom To Make Daughter A Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.