Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket (24630 Views)

2027: Lagos APC Stakeholders Push For Ambode’s Candidacy / Ministerial List: Don’t Appoint Ex-northern Govs, APC Stakeholders Urge Tinubu / APC Northern Governors Insist On Supporting A Southern Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by ebbo(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2022
zahrach:
This Muslim are funny
U want others to accept wat u people can't accept becouse u think Nigeria is own by u
Any Christian that support this is a disgrace to be called a Christian
Christianity only preach love but they don't love them selfs
Is only Christians that betray his fellow Christian all in the name of he or she is not from my church
That's why I prefare Jewish religion they love them selfs and ready to defend them people anywhere

U guys are not APC or on a normal day u guys won't support APC candidate, so why are u guys so bothered about us flying Muslim Muslim ticket?

If politics is about fairness, pdp was supposed to zone their ticket to the south but they did otherwise in order to come out victorious in 2023 since they knew the only way they can return to power is through northern votes. And for APC to checkmate them also is through Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by shara123(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2022
I think what will work well for the party is to choose a strong VP candidate from the North which is definitely going to be a Muslim no doubt about it.
However, Senate president and Speaker should be ceded to Christians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by PassingShot(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2022
Banter1:
Can you Muslims accept a Christian Christian ticket?
It's a scenario that can't realistically occur.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by afube: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2022
Jorussia:
Tinubu is going to pick a Muslim from north west as his running mate.This Muslim/Muslim ticket is the reason i never tinubu to emerge as the presidential candidate of APC.Picking a
northern Christian is a complete waste of time.
The party should cede both Senate president and speaker of house of representative to
Christians.

Umahi......senate president...northern minority speaker...........Abuja fct minister xtian sourh south...or even fashola sef......fct minister must be a southerner
...xtians and southerners should milk dem for all they can squeeze out of them..........more anmo for restructuring war.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by ebbo(m): 11:02am On Jun 11, 2022
Aiel123:
Muslim/Muslim ticket is the surest bet now for APC. But I have one on issue with it
If Atiku wins with a Christian VP and keep to his word of serving only one term,it will be easier for the south to acend presidency
Or
Tinubu wins with a Muslim VP,it will be for 8 good years
And after his tenure power would automatically go to North who will then put forward a Muslim and if peradventure the northern candidate wins it will pave way for another 8 years of Muslim ruling in a multi religious country like Nigeria. totalling 16 good years.of Muslim president a thing which the radical and core Muslims won't want if the tables were turned
Tinubu if he wants a Muslim VP should make arrangements that he will handover to a northern christian that way it will be balanced
My opinion though

Going by this ur analysis,let's go back through the memory lane.
Obasanjo rule for 8 years and Jonathan did for 6 years totally 14 years b4 a northern Muslim came on board. Yaraduwa 2 years is inconsequential don't even go there pls.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Zacks43: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Oplomo post=113687616]

Ngene, I think tinubu will have a landslide victory with muslim-muslim ticket. Christians are inconsequential and only 5% of the population anyway. grin[/quote

As your father is useless to his community abi..
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by emmykk(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2022
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters another drama on the way. But, some region will not learn the kind of political game the northerners are playing....they keep strategizing on how to take more seat in the new administration..... while one region is there hating instead of them to humble themselves to play the game so win more seat in the new administration so that their region can have a say.

The igbo you are bad mouthing will vote peter obi whether they win or not is their cup of tea.

Now you have the APC think or focus on how APC can defeat a Northern that has the backing of south south.

Igbo is nolonger dragging APC will you nor are they in likely to win.

If you don't focus on ATIKU but pour all you energy on Peter obi you will fail.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by UtuokeAlcoholic: 11:18am On Jun 11, 2022
CilicMarin:
It was good for PDP to hand over their ticket to a Northerner, another Fulani Muslim Atiku Abubakar even though the present occupant is a Fulani Muslim who has been there for 8 years- No noise from CAN or busy bodies Christians.

However it is wrong for the APC who considered the South in choosing their Candidate not to pick a Muslim for an ordinary VP...

I say, may Thunder Scatter that useless CAN and other southern hypocrites shouting muslim muslim ticket as if they would vote for the APC, even if they picked Christian-Christain Tickets..

Asiwaju and the APC, go ahead and do what is required to win the election. Dont listen to the advice of the enemies unless you want to fail.
You absolutely understood this people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by saintkeppy(m): 11:24am On Jun 11, 2022
Princewell2012:

That's is if they are going to count our vote. Nigeria is in a deep poo.

I will wait&ensure my vote count @the polling unit before transmitting to the main domain, it's now left for you&others.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by luluman: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2022
Honor10:
Tinubu shouldn't try Muslim - Muslim ticket.

It will not be fair to Nigeria Christians
Oga has Nigerian politics ever been fair to anyone ?
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Gospel2Day: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2022
Honor10:
Tinubu shouldn't try Muslim - Muslim ticket.

It will not be fair to Nigeria Christians

Nigerian Christians should make a bold and loud statement with their votes this time to teach anyone who will try it another time that it is an unwise decision.
If he picks a Muslim running mate, Christians should vote Atiku massively.
It will send a clear message to him and his advisers.
The funny thing, however, is that it is Christians who will be campaigning for him and his party, same way they voted Buhari and ousted Jonathan.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by OmoNla99: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2022
Abeg where is this MUMURIC Prof. I’m all these. He hasn’t issued any statement yet?
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by penceman(m): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2022
APC had ameachi, Osinbajo, fayemi.....christian candidates that would have sailed through but if they thought they can piss on Christians then christians will be left with no choice but to publicly pick a candidate and he will win. Adeboye and oyedepo and all the behomote will drop the endorsement bomb and we go. Peter Obi may just like play be the man destined to be the real first president of Nigeria
When God wants to destroy men he makes them mad. PDP and APC were supposed to be options but whether by crook or design they both may not be of any option and the entire south will show the power
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by ebbo(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
basseeafricana:

It is only southeast that is nogo area for Tinubu. South south is sure. Edo, Bayelsia, Akwaibom, cross rivers are bending flat for Tinubu

You think so? I can bet it with u that those places u mentioned above will not vote for APC candidate irrespective of whom Tinubu chooses as his VP. They have soft spot for pdp naturally they way the north has soft spot for APC at the moment.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by deeva2: 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
Naija politics is a game of numbers...Picking a christian or muslim as vp is for there personal interest of winning not to favour christian bodies..If i may ask, how does Prof emergence as vp helped christian bodies or stop the intimidation..

Pastor Bakare wasted 100m on APC form when he cud av helped Deborah's family and other poor Christian..And u still think dey care about the faith..

The question is, will S/E and S/S vote Tinubu massively if he eventually pick Christian as his running mate.. The answer is no..

The only edge tinubu can have over Atiku in the north is to pick a strong Politian which are mostly muslins.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Paypallord1: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2022
CilicMarin:
It was good for PDP to hand over their ticket to a Northerner, another Fulani Muslim Atiku Abubakar even though the present occupant is a Fulani Muslim who has been there for 8 years- No noise from CAN or busy bodies Christians.

However it is wrong for the APC who considered the South in choosing their Candidate not to pick a Muslim for an ordinary VP...

I say, may Thunder Scatter that useless CAN and other southern hypocrites shouting muslim muslim ticket as if they would vote for the APC, even if they picked Christian-Christain Tickets..

Asiwaju and the APC, go ahead and do what is required to win the election. Dont listen to the advice of the enemies unless you want to fail.

You’re out of ur senses, you shouldn’t be in the midst of human beings, there is no iota of senses in what u said, Muslim/Muslim
I am Muslim and I won’t support that
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by BlazinGlory40: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
PassingShot:

Only a strong Muslim running mate gives him and APC a realistic chance of beating Atiku.

Tinubu has been known for decades to be at home with every religion and region. He is detribalized and not a religion man per se

And you don’t believe he can beat atiku with a Christian VP? This looks like some kind of confession
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by LeoDeKing: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
Asiwaju the strategist knows what to do.

Everyone should relax.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Kingozymandias(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Everyone should relax.

Hhehehe

Better be Atikulated before it's too late. .

Bobo Chicago the addict can't win nada

Now cry
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Prosper123: 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Nigerian Christians should make a bold and loud statement with their votes this time to teach anyone who will try it another time that it is an unwise decision.
If he picks a Muslim running mate, Christians should vote Atiku massively.
It will send a clear message to him and his advisers.
The funny thing, however, is that it is Christians who will be campaigning for him and his party, same way they voted Buhari and ousted Jonathan.
Mainly yorubas. The Christians among them will betray us again and say they are liberals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by BabydiHot(f): 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Everyone should relax.
tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

the youths are coming

they have no manifestos to campaign with apart from their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.

But we'll remind them that tribalism won't bring back dollars to at least 400
tribalism won't bring back fuel to 95 naira
tribalism won't send our undergraduates back to school.
tribalism won't fix our security.
tribalism won't develop our economy.

2023 will be the youths vs the criminals
it won't be business as usual.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Acidosis(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Your narrative is good but the alignment with atiku won't work, unfortunately. Obi would never go back to his vomit. This man I know very well , when it comes to integrity. He left the party for the likes of Atiku the super corrupt fellow. If vp was his desire, he would have stayed back in the pdp and that would have been an automatic ticket for him now.

For kwakwanso, he would prefer to align with obi instead. He's another figure I respect so much when it comes to integrity. He left the pdp cos of same reason. Both the apc and pdp shouldn't be allowed to come back. It's left to you and I to decide. I'm just waiting for the apc's manifestos lool. They really slapped us in the face

Apt. Unfortunately, without that alliance, victory is almost too certain for BAT. APC is the ruling party, with about 18 states in the bag. It will take more than regional votes to defeat BAT.

Atiku needs Obi
Obi needs a core Northerner that will deliver bloc votes.
Kwankwaso needs Obi.

It's a serious situation.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by undigeh: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
issum:
You bunch of stupid people �. Either way our next President is Muslim. You better decide, after what is CAN? Which party is that? You have only two choices. One A Yoruba Muslim from South or a Fulani Muslim from the North. Shikenan

The current protracted security in the country with Fulani being principal suspect and their positive confession couple with their boast before their victims that Nigeria belong to them, mean nothing to you.
That there's no christian among the northerners to present to balance it, is an open exhibition of hatred and acrimony the Muslim has for their fellow christian citizens.

That proof the incompatibility of the two religion in Nigeria as it affects politics and governance.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by IkeIgboNile(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
Flier
You are wrong! Tinubu isn’t a fanatic or a Muslim that pray 5 times daily,almost everyone around him are Christian,even majority of his family members
The only way for him to win is to pick a Muslim Northerner
Have you ever seen his wife using hijab ?

Oga, that doesn't give him the right to choose a Muslim as a vp,in a country with diverse religions and beliefs. Some people say he's the greatest politician alive, then he should devise a way to win with a Christian vp. He was quiet and never condemned any of the numerous killings by Muslim fulanis in yoruba land and you think that he won't work against Christian with a fellow Muslim as vp.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Aiel123: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
Emnyte:
So you believe Atiku will keep to his word of serving only one term? grin grin grin grin grin
No na
Trust Nigerian politicians at your own peril
I was only referencing to his 'pledge'.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Aiel123: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
ebbo:

Going by this ur analysis,let's go back through the memory lane.
Obasanjo rule for 8 years and Jonathan did for 6 years totally 14 years b4 a northern Muslim came on board. Yaraduwa 2 years is inconsequential don't even go there pls.
Nigeria Presidency didn't start in 1999
Shehu Shagari ruled for 4 years and won reelection for a second tenure only for a coup d'etat by Muhammadu Buhari to overthrow Shehu's government
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by PeachtreeReside(f): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
These Northern Governors and elites are part of the problem of Nigeria.

By insisting on a candidate based on tribe or religious affiliation, they encourage mediocrity and not merit.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Uncleodi(m): 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
Jorussia:
Tinubu is going to pick a Muslim from north west as his running mate.This Muslim/Muslim ticket is the reason i never tinubu to emerge as the presidential candidate of APC.Picking a
northern Christian is a complete waste of time.
The party should cede both Senate president and speaker of house of representative to
Christians.

You submission appears to be exactly what they have in mind.
Re: APC Northern Govs Push For Muslim-Muslim Ticket by businessone: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
Oplomo:

Ngene, I think tinubu will have a landslide victory with muslim-muslim ticket. Christians are inconsequential and only 5% of the population anyway. grin

You lie to say Christians are inconsequential.The only problem with we Christians is that we don't like coming out to vote.But the story will change this time.Every southerner must get his PVC and come out to vote.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Listed Things That Ought To Make You Proud As A Nigerian / Amaechi, Bolanle Ambode At Jumoke Okoya-Thomas’ 60th Birthday / In Major Crackdown, Customs Shut Car Dealers Across Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.