Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria (14261 Views)

Looking For Friends With Benefits In North America / The Great Benefits In Delaying Sex Until Marriage / How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Lamanii22(f): 8:51am On Nov 14, 2022
missyojo:

The system isn't bad because I'm in the system maybe it's the people that you meet are bad. Since it's FCTA, that's where I work. I can be of assistance as it's my office that process burial expenses.

Send me a DM, let's take it up from there. I will give you my contact and tell you my office room number so you come and meet me.
is there vacancy at your office…. I need a job

1 Like

Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Nawteemaxie(m): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2022
Lamanii22:

grin grin
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Gentlebabs(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2022
https://fb.watch/gNH_0xe68k/

This is all you need to know about Death benefits under the Nigeria pension system and this is from Pencom.

1 Like

Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by missyojo(f): 9:48am On Nov 14, 2022
onomeabuja:

How about us when our dad Don die since 2015 any hope
Mine worked with ministry of defence thanks.

Are you the next of kin? If Yes, you can go to the last office he worked and ask the people there what and what you need to bring.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by missyojo(f): 9:50am On Nov 14, 2022
Lamanii22:

I'm sorry there's no vacancy.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Germi9: 9:50am On Nov 14, 2022
missyojo:

The system isn't bad because I'm in the system maybe it's the people that you meet are bad. Since it's FCTA, that's where I work. I can be of assistance as it's my office that process burial expenses.

Send me a DM, let's take it up from there. I will give you my contact and tell you my office room number so you come and meet me.
Is that your number on your page?
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Ashirioluwa: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2022
superboyspecial:
Hello, Nairalanders.
Please, have you tried processing the death benefits and pension of someone who worked at the Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) before his death?
How did you go about it and how long did it take to be processed?

I'm trying to process that of my late dad and would appreciate any guidance or information.

The best thing is for you to visit the organization or talk to someone in HR or Admin dept of the organization.

I believe you will get the necessary information doing this
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by gafaardy(m): 10:54am On Nov 14, 2022
First and foremost, you need to confirm two things:
1. Who is his next of kin
2. Does his work place has pension manager.
Thereafter, his next of kin can approach a lawyer who will carry out necessary tasks Sach obtaining letter of administration among others.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by onomeabuja: 11:32am On Nov 14, 2022
missyojo:

Are you the next of kin? If Yes, you can go to the last office he worked and ask the people there what and what you need to bring.
Yes iam the next of kin
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by missyojo(f): 11:34am On Nov 14, 2022
onomeabuja:

Yes iam the next of kin

Okay. Go to the last place he worked
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Sharoniah(f): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
missyojo:

Thanks so much ma'am, I truly appreciate, I've sent you a mail, please acknowledge.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Boyhood: 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2022
superboyspecial:
Hello, Nairalanders.
Please, have you tried processing the death benefits and pension of someone who worked at the Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) before his death?

I'm trying to process that of my late dad and would appreciate any guidance or information.

Read through the thread below, you may find helpful information there..

https://www.nairaland.com/6081224/how-access-fathers-pension-rsa
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by dettolgel: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2022
missyojo:

You are entitled to your own opinion and I guess you are in the private sector that's why you said all these.

A file can be delayed because of some many reasons. It could be that the documents needed to process the files aren't complete hence the delay in processing it.

And some of these delays could be from the next of kin of the deceased who aren't forth coming in bringing the documents, so are you going to blame the person that's meant to process the file too??

Yes, it is my opinion based on how things work in a robust system.

I agree that the delay could be incomplete file, I have been in the public sector; where in the city hall if the required document is not complete you will be asked to take your document with you go back complete it and bring it back. The idea behind it is so that people don't start a process and leave it hanging only to come back after decade and say that there file is not being process.

In fact the system is such that you will start your processing online and uploaded all the required document online. Within 3 business days you will receive an email indicating that all the files are in order. Then you will print this message and bring it with the original of the documents that you have uploaded online.

It will be cross checked to ensure it tallies and if it is complete, then you will fill out the physical form sign the necessary documents and they will start processing your file. If you forget any of the original document, you will be sent back and the process can only begin once all the required document has been sighted.

It is not a perfect system but more robust than people coming to submit incomplete file and then turn around to say that the process is slow. For the staff it also ensures that they don't have unnecessary unprocessed document that might impact their yearly appraisal.

missyojo:

My office personally call the next of kin to bring some of the documents that will enable us process the benefits, Government ain't paying us for the call card we use but we do that out of our own freewill.

If I were to be amongst the bad people in the system, I wouldn't have made a comment as regards this issue. I will simply read and go as it's non of my business.

The person I quoted mentioned the name of my organization and I could be of help to her since all the files as regards payment of burial expenses comes to my desk, hence my reason for quoting her.

Mind you I don't know the people she has meet before that were turning her Tro and Fro, I choose to be different amongst them hence my reason for offering to assist her.

And if she reach out to me and we see in person and the burial expenses is paid, let her come and say it here if I collect a dime from her.

Peace out!!

I never said you were among the bad people or not, I just said that your statement about the system not being the problem is contradictory.

This is about the checks and balances in place not about you or your desire to help others in need. In a good system even if you have to call you should be able to use office phone to call client on issue relating to their application. In fact you shouldn't be using your personal phone as such calls are usually recorded and monitored for quality assurance purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Ayobeck(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2022
Pls don't kill your father,abeg. Go n work bro
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Ayobeck(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2022
Pls don't kill your father,abeg. Go n work bro,stop using 10odds to disturb us
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by onomeabuja: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
missyojo:

Okay. Go to the last place he worked
OK tnx
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by onomeabuja: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
missyojo:

Tnx
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by missyojo(f): 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
dettolgel:

Yes, it is my opinion based on how things work in a robust system.

I agree that the delay could be incomplete file, I have been in the public sector; where in the city hall if the required document is not complete you will be asked to take your document with you go back complete it and bring it back. The idea behind it is so that people don't start a process and leave it hanging only to come back after decade and say that there file is not being process.

In fact the system is such that you will start your processing online and uploaded all the required document online. Within 3 business days you will receive an email indicating that all the files are in order. Then you will print this message and bring it with the original of the documents that you have uploaded online.

It will be cross checked to ensure it tallies and it is complete and then you will fill out the physical form sign the necessary documents and they will start processing your file. If you forget any of the original document, you will be sent back and the process can only begin once all the required document has been sighted.

It is not a perfect system but more robust than people coming to submit incomplete file and then turn around to say that the process is slow. For the staff it also ensures that they don't have unnecessary unprocessed document that might impact their yearly appraisal.

I never said you were among the bad people or not, I just said that your system about the system not being the problem is contradictory.

This is about the checks and balances in place not about you or your desire to help others in need. In a good system even if you have to call you use be able to use office phone to call client on issue relating to their application. In fact you shouldn't be using your personal phone as such calls are usually recorded and monitored for quality assurance purpose.

Now I understand you. Well, that's the country we find ourselves grin
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by missyojo(f): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sharoniah:

Thanks so much ma'am, I truly appreciate, I've sent you a mail, please acknowledge.

Responded already.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by meedoLock(m): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
superboyspecial:
Hello, Nairalanders.

@OP, I have similar issue with my late dad pensioner funds with NLPC. But mine is a bit diff, the processes to getting the benefits are tedious. I also found out that the guys behind their system attempts to manipulate the benefits to their advantage, they would hope the family would not show up to claim the benefits. Or make an attempt to frustrate you off the line. I've even withdrew myself since last week, but yet, my mind is always there. I can't leave my dad funds out there like that, that's his hard earned money.

At first, I do receive the alert on his line because have been using his line has a second sim on my phone. But while I went for the processing, I was asked to write a letter to stop the fund entering the account first, which I ignorantly did. But of what benefit is the inflow monthly when I never had access to the money directly. Hence the letter which eventually stopped the fund entering his account. My problem is that I don't know how long the process would be cos I will need lawyer and spend some fortune to complete the process, and that's y I never gave it a thought since last year to embark on it again.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Housing(m): 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2022
meedoLock:

@OP, I have similar issue with my late dad pensioner funds with NLPC. But mine is a bit diff, the processes to getting the benefits are tedious. I also found out that the guys behind their system attempts to manipulate the benefits to their advantage, they would hope the family would not show up to claim the benefits. Or make an attempt to frustrate you off the line. I've even withdrew myself since last week, but yet, my mind is always there. I can't leave my dad funds out there like that, that's his hard earned money.

At first, I do receive the alert on his line because have been using his line has a second sim on my phone. But while I went for the processing, I was asked to write a letter to stop the fund entering the account first, which I ignorantly did. But of what benefit is the inflow monthly when I never had access to the money directly. Hence the letter which eventually stopped the fund entering his account. My problem is that I don't know how long the process would be cos I will need lawyer and spend some fortune to complete the process, and that's y I never gave it a thought since last year to embark on it again.

You don't need any Lawyer. Have been able to submit all the required documents? If yes ask questions, make complaint to Pencom. There is officials Pencom line to each State. Call out the PFA on Twitter tagging Senate President Speaker, Pencom, FCCP. Most Nigerians are not ready to get things done. Approval for any complete documentation is within 7 working days according to the lastest Pencom regulation.

1 Like

Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by meedoLock(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2022
Housing:

You don't need any Lawyer. Have been able to submit all the required documents? If yes ask questions, make complaint to Pencom. There is officials Pencom line to each State. Call out the PFA on Twitter tagging Senate President Speaker, Pencom, FCCP. Most Nigerians are not ready to get things done. Approval for any complete documentation is within 7 working days according to the lastest Pencom regulation.

Thanks for this.....

1 Like

Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by cayorday89(m): 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sharoniah:

This is where I'm at since March, yet nothing.. I have every single document needed, I never knew it'll take this long... Sha, I've left it to face my business, imagine going to FCTA almost every week, spending money, yet 1kobo has not dropped.. The system is really bad
For the living it's difficult not to talk of claiming that of the dead, my dad had an incident on duty, he was the only surviving person, but had a part of his body badly damaged, yet for them to pay all medical expenses took years and sometime he had to disguise as a big man wearing agbada before he was allowed access to necessary offices then and lots of waka despite his condition to Abuja from Lagos.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by cayorday89(m): 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2022
Housing:

At op sharonia, way to go, especially that senate president and speaker, my dad did same thing then by writing a letter and mailing it to them and there was a way it was tagged then which made presenting it unavoidable, though I was young then but I could remember some of the things he did when he discussed with his elder brother on the next step. And it took him years before he got the fund and he always wondered how relatives of the dead will get theirs easily then.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by chawtinz(m): 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2022
Gentlebabs:
Under Section 4(5) of the Pension Reform Act 2014 (as amended), there is a life insurance maintained, where the beneficiaries of the deceased employee/contributor are entitled to a life insurance benefit of about 3 times the annual salary of the deceased employee while he was actively engaged.

Also, if the deceased joined NSCDC before 2004, and have used at least 10 years in service before 2004, he will be entitled to accrued rights, which is supposed to be added to his contributions with his Pension Fund Administrator as at retirement.

Since your father died in active service. My advise to you would be the following:

1. If you are the next of kin, approach his employers and notify them. You will need a death certificate as you go.

2. Get a Letter 0f Administration and approach the PFA, notify them and get to know the balance in the RSA account. The PFA will also notify Pencom, so if your Dad qualifies for accrued rights, they will process it alongside.

Make sure you carry your siblings along and especially if your dad has more than one wife, everybody has to be carried along. It is quite easy if you follow this simple process.

Please, do not give anyone any shishi to process this for you. You can do it by yourself and it is very simple. If you have a family lawyer, get them to help you process the LOA.

If you need further enquiries, visit www.pencom.gov.ng and visit the nearest zonal office to you.

I have a video where Pencom further explained this. I could send it to you if you like. You can say “Hi” to me on 08178827380 – Babs.

Again, do not give anybody shishi, so that you will not be scammed.
Pls can I get the video on this WhatsApp number 07067330040. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by missyojo(f): 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
Germi9:

Is that your number on your page?

Yes
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Germi9: 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2022
missyojo:

Yes
Ok
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2022
Segunowolabi:
Omoh, it's not easy oooo
Our judiciary s corrupt.
Firstly, u nid an affidavit, plus two passport photographs.
After which u take d affidavit 2 general hospital, dey will collect d original affidavit and issue u d required Death Certificate.
Additionally, u equally nid Letter of Probate, which will be done by d same court of Law.
Then can now applied, stating d cause of d Death, date and numbers of d children, d number of witness dat nids 2 b present on dat day.
Bank wahala is d worst, dat one require tip offf.
Darss all I did den pls

The process for some of these things were deliberately made hard so that it will be difficult for impostors to claim another person's rightful inheritance
Re: How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria by Boyhood: 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2022
chawtinz:

Pls can I get the video on this WhatsApp number 07067330040. Thank you in anticipation.

See the video on this link he posted it here.

Gentlebabs:
https://fb.watch/gNH_0xe68k/

This is all you need to know about Death benefits under the Nigeria pension system and this is from Pencom.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Raped Tonight / Do Prenuptial Agreements Work In Nigeria? / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.