Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. (29798 Views)

Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days / Loan Apps:: If You Are Owing Loan App Do This Now And Be Free / Do You Have The New CBN eNaira App, What's Your Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
Shut up! Only a registered app could report a person to credit bureau. The rest copy this and paste to intimate Nigerians into paying loans. If you're not registered, which credit bureau do you report offenders to? Imaginary. Like their fake existence.
Paxziano:

Imaginery credit bureau? Lol. Guy, you don't even know and you are just talking.

https://crccreditbureau.com/
https://firstcentralcreditbureau.com/

And these are just 2 out of many... Your credit bureau ratings and score are not imaginery

2 Likes

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
Paxziano:

Lol. Guy, the loan apps are registered. Do your research

You think you're talking to those illiterates you call and intimidate. cheesy

First step in knowing that the app is operating illegally,... The repayment period is 7days to 14days. Any app that collects repayment in 7-14 days is unregistered.

Secondly, once they involve ppl's contacts.... It's unregistered.

Rest! You're making a fool of yourself here. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Paxziano: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:
Oga!

First off, Those Apps are ILLEGAL. They're not registered with the CAC or operate by BOFIA Act. There's nothing like "I agree their method" is blah blah blah...Branch that's registered with the government doesn't stress when a customer defaults...it would reflect in your financial dealings with Banks if you owe registered apps.

That being said, did you not see where I said I collected a loan of 40k to add funds to finance a failed business and went borrowing from A to pay B?

However, you don't call ppl's contacts when they're owing. That's a breach on their rights.

Guy, they are registered with CAC... They are even registed as money lenders. Just go to their website and read it. It's not hidden...

A loan was asked for, it was given... If the business you put it into didn't work, it's not their fault... If you have an account in GTB Ikeja branch and the branch is robbed, will you accept if the ba k tells you that your money is missing? It's not your business that the bank was robbed. Same way the loan app doesn't care if you invested in a business that didn't pay. If everyone comes up with excuses when they take loans, how will the business survive?

Finally, if you read their terms and conditions, it's written there that they can call your contacts in case of defaults. So calling your contacts isn't entirely illegal as you claim
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
cheesy cheesy grin They don't have offices 'cause they would be arrested. So they're on the run but send 30k Foolish agents to the front. Fear Chinese people. They're illegal. From Lcredit, to Cashcredit, New credit, And many more of them.
ADepresedpotato:
the day I realized they were illegal, I stopped disturbing myself about paying them. I don tell them, I'll only be able to pay them their money after I become I delegate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
Disregard this mad fellow. He's probably one of them. cheesy cheesy
Paxziano:

Guy, they are registered with CAC... They are even registed as money lenders. Just go to their website and read it. It's not hidden...

A loan was asked for, it was given... If the business you put it into didn't work, it's not their fault... If you have an account in GTB Ikeja branch and the branch is robbed, will you accept if the ba k tells you that your money is missing? It's not your business that the bank was robbed. Same way the loan app doesn't care if you invested in a business that didn't pay. If everyone comes up with excuses when they take loans, how will the business survive?

Finally, if you read their terms and conditions, it's written there that they can call your contacts in case of defaults. So calling your contacts isn't entirely illegal as you claim

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Paxziano: 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:
Again, no one cares whether they borrowed to give to ppl. There are laws that regulates the activities of financial institutions in Nigeria. If you can't operate by those laws, then no one is forcing you to open a loan app. The standard interest rate was less than 2%, as at months back... No financial institution is obligated to give more than 2%, but your criminal entities give over 30% with shaming of citizens who default. Didn't you know that loans come liabilities before venturing into the business and thereby taking advantage of vulnerable people? Better educate yourself. In Accounting, if a customer can't pay off an obligation, you write it off as a bad debt. There's no law in Nigeria that says you should brand people criminals 'cause they took a loan but failed to pay. Bankruptcy is a legal term. People don't go to jail for failure to pay a debt.

You are claiming the interest rate is 2%. That is for commercial banks... Y don't you just go and take a loan from a commercial bank and see if you are eligible instead of taking from loan apps?

Now talking about writing off loans as bad debts, the loan should have gone bad for at least 6 months before it's to be considered as a bad debt

Like I said earlier, Nigerians can be unscrupulous people that always wanna get free money cos of the poverty in the land. And like you said, people don't go to jail for failure to pay a loan, but when there is intent to deliberately take money and not pay (fraud) you can go to jail for that

2 Likes

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Paxziano: 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:
The owners of most of these Apps are Chinese...Lcredit is owned by the Chinese. For a foreigner or a citizen to own a business in Nigeria, they have to be registered with CAC, they have to own business addresses that are physical. They have to pay tax to the federal government, for financial institutions like banks in which Loan apps fall into, they have to be guided by BOFIA ACT...Branch is guided and why they don't stress. A company operating that's not registered is not a legal entity. What does it mean to be a legal entity? It can't sue or be sued...why they're ghost, but send you people as agents. Now, as an agent, if you print slandering things about a person and you're caught, you can be jailed as an individual. I could say more, but let this sink in first. Then there's breach of data. SMH.

My friend, you are spewing thrash with muscle...LCredit and every other loan app out there is registered and they pay tax to the federal govt AND Lagos state government if they are registered in Lagos state

1 Like

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Assuming I didn't study Accounting, so in your professional opinion, when a company is operating without a known address, what does that make it? Now, who are your CEO? Executives? Managers? cheesy cheesy I need names if you're not affraid. Stop fooling yourself here. Go on Twitter and read the investigation carried out by David Hundeyin. Again, stop fooling yourself. grin
Paxziano:

You are claiming the interest rate is 2%. That is for commercial banks... Y don't you just go and take a loan from a commercial bank and see if you are eligible instead of taking from loan apps?

Now talking about writing off loans as bad debts, the loan should have gone bad for at least 6 months before it's to be considered as a bad debt

Like I said earlier, Nigerians can be unscrupulous people that always wanna get free money cos of the poverty in the land. And like you said, people don't go to jail for failure to pay a loan, but when there is intent to deliberately take money and not pay (fraud) you can go to jail for that
Notice how this agent didn't answer these questions. cheesy Their bosses, they don't know there names. Those ones hide them hire a front who hires them into WhatsApp groups as admin and send task. They don't know who their bosses are 'cause in a LEGAL setting, you would know whom you're working for.

The Chinese guys use them as the slaves they are. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
Paxziano:

My friend, you are spewing thrash with muscle...LCredit and every other loan app out there is registered and they pay tax to the federal govt AND Lagos state government
LOL. Fool your village ppl, not me.

Even your Google reviews are fake thereby violating Google laws on loan apps being hosted on their space. You will wake one day and it's deleted. cheesy Criminals!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Paxziano: 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:
Shut up! Only a registered app could report a person to credit bureau. The rest copy this and paste to intimate Nigerians into paying loans. If you're not registered, which credit bureau do you report offenders to? Imaginary. Like their fake existence.

Ignorance is bliss my friend....

You are acting like an ostrich that buries it's head in sand and believe that there's no danger since it can't see the danger...

I've given you credit bureau websites and not you r still saying they are imaginery....

Do me a favour, go to Opay, act like you wanna take a loan, spool your CRC report and see what it's gonna show you since you think it's fake
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Paxziano: 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:

You think you're talking to those illiterates you call and intimidate. cheesy

First step in knowing that the app is operating illegally,... The repayment period is 7days to 14days. Any app that collects repayment in 7-14 days is unregistered.

Secondly, once they involve ppl's contacts.... It's unregistered.

Rest! You're making a fool of yourself here. cheesy

When they say People perish for lack of knowledge, they were talking about you my friend and I'm sorry...
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Please, ignore the mumu agent. My prayer for you is that you don't get arrested as government is clamping down on these APPs. E go clear for your eyes. Your family would probably spend N1m they don't have to get you out of jail for a 30k criminal job. cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by tjshamtip: 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:
You're welcome. Get out now before you see yourself selling properties.

1 Like

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Paxziano: 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:
Assuming I didn't study Accounting, so in your professional opinion, when a company is operating without a known address, what does that make it? Now, who are your CEO? Executives? Managers? cheesy cheesy I need names if you're not affraid. Stop fooling yourself here. Go on Twitter and read the investigation carried out by David Hundeyin. Again, stop fooling yourself. grin

Guy, you just keep displaying your ignorance... These apps your are killing yourself for are all Fintech money apps and theu have a parent body... If only you invested little time in doing your research... LCredit you are tearing your shirt over is owned by Cashigo or sumtn like that... You can see their board of directors of you go the parent company website... Nothing is hidden. You r just blinded by your greed and hate cos of theoney you owe them... It's sad really

You studied accounting and you are talking this way. You dey fall hand o! I studied Economics so I expected a better informed argument from you not unverified stuff overheard in beer parlours
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Deenillah(m): 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2022
Pay them ofcuz
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Paxziano: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:
Please, ignore the mumu agent. My prayer for you is that you don't get arrested as government is clamping down on these APPs. E go clear for your eyes. Your family would probably spend N1m they don't have to get you out of jail for a 30k criminal job. cheesy grin

Funny dude... If you had the money, why didn't you just pay Instead of coming to nairaland to cry
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 9:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
Not too late. You can still get part of your money back. cheesy
tjshamtip:

I have to sell my car to pay a Loan App. That is still paining me.
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
You actually work with Lcredit. A fool will always give off himself. I did a better research than you clearly. And to clear this display of defense, go read up David Hundeyin's expose on Illegal loan apps on Twitter. Like I said, any app that gives 7-14days repayment date is illegal. Stop fooling yourself!
Paxziano:

Guy, you just keep displaying your ignorance... These apps your are killing yourself for are all Fintech money apps and theu have a parent body... If only you invested little time in doing your research... LCredit you are tearing your shirt over is owned by Cashigo or sumtn like that... You can see their board of directors of you go the parent company website... Nothing is hidden. You r just blinded by your greed and hate cos of theoney you owe them... It's sad really

You studied accounting and you are talking this way. You dey fall hand o! I studied Economics so I expected a better informed argument from you not unverified stuff overheard in beer parlours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
If you even say that Lcredit is registered, you must be as daft as not knowing the parameters that determines a registered company in Nigeria.

No be to dey call ppl contacts dey claim credit bureau trash. cheesy grin One day, the Law will catch up with all of you.

That being said, ignore the agent's rants. They can't do anything. Dude needs to protect his job because people defaulting would mean a problem for him the "debt collector" cheesy Werey dey disguise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by fox97(m): 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Paxziano:

Just curious... You took loans from 5 different apps and you r calling the apps criminals? It seems to me you took money you can't pay back and then you start trying to give them bad names... But if you must know, those apps are not illegal. The methods they use in recovering their money is not nice agreed but Nigerians have been so impoverished that the average Nigerian wants to take money and not pay back...

As regards the interest rate, you don't keep money with them so the money they give to you is most probably borrowed from somewhere and they are to pay back with interest hence why their rates a higher. You can't compare them to commercial banks cos they have capital bases as well as deposit ratios... Also, before taking the loan, you saw the interest rate and still chose to take it.. After getting and using the money, you suddenly realize the interest rate is high... If you don't like the way they do business, open your own business and give out loans. See how easy it is to recover your money from your friends talk less of strangers...

One last thing.... These loan apps as you call them employ more than 300 -500 Nigerians. They are paid and get other benefits... What have you done to impact the lives of any other Nigerian except yourself?

e be lik dis one knw wetin e dey talk, u don collect from ajeloan before, does pipu na highest criminal, who give u loan stating clearly 13500, only to to see 8500, for your acc wit 400 -500 daily wen u no pay on due date

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by fox97(m): 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
Till I die d only loan app way I go pay na branch, d rest can Bleep off grin angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Jmichael1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
ADepresedpotato:
the day I realized they were illegal, I stopped disturbing myself about paying them. I don tell them, I'll only be able to pay them their money after I become a delegate

same tin i told dem the last time they called me b4 i remv my sim frm my phone...

i promise to pay u guys if and only i bcum a politician or a delegate to either apc or pdp...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Jmichael1(m): 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
Paxziano:

Lol. Guy, the loan apps are registered. Do your research

fairmoney,branch and carbon are the only registered loan apps in nigeria dats y they gv up to 2month payment period...

unlike the rest that will gv u 10k and expect u to pay 17k in 7days...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Jmichael1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
fox97:
Till I die d only loan app way I go pay na branch, d rest can Bleep off grin angry

even me slf dn talk am say"i be bad person if i no pay branch and fairmoney...

nah dis ones be loan apps and nt the ones wen go make u kill urslf with tinking..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Paxziano: 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dashlys:
You actually work with Lcredit. A fool will always give off himself. I did a better research than you clearly. And to clear this display of defense, go read up David Hundeyin's expose on Illegal loan apps on Twitter. Like I said, any app that gives 7-14days repayment date is illegal. Stop fooling yourself!

You r a funny character... Out of curiosity I checked up the twitter stuff you were screaming about. It's about Sokoloan. Pls show me where Sokoloan app is on play store... You read up what someone wrote on Twitter and then based your whole premise on it simply cos you can't afford to pay your loan? Lol. Grow up and be responsible guy. I'm certain you r the type that na fight your friend go use collect money him give you back.

In your spare time, read up on the loan apps you talked about, search for their parent company, read up in credit bureau, if you have a friend that works in a finance house, try asking the person to check your credit history and see if you can access good money from banks or other loan apps (loan apps don't give as much money as banks though).

If you still want to be ignorant, I won't enlighten you again. You made your choice so live with it but next time, don't spew thrash all over the internet just to justify being broke
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by fox97(m): 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Jmichael1:

fairmoney,branch and carbon are the only registered loan apps in nigeria dats y they gv up to 2month payment period...

unlike the rest that will gv u 10k and expect u to pay 17k in 7days...
I dey tell u, d rest na theives na 2 follow dem in d language dey understand undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 11:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
fox97:
It's the best and that's because it's registered. They can't do any how or they loose their license to operate.

I am owing them too and will pay them in parts. They're the only APP that don't harrass people and they would call you and talk politely.

Not those criminals.
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Jmichael1(m): 11:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
fox97:
I dey tell u, d rest na theives na 2 follow dem in d language dey understand undecided undecided

i swear..
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by dontrulee: 12:01am On Jun 13, 2022
tjshamtip:

I have to sell my car to pay a Loan App. That is still paining me.

Why?
How come?
Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by fox97(m): 12:05am On Jun 13, 2022
Paxziano:

In your spare time, read up on the loan apps you talked about, search for their parent company, read up in credit bureau, if you have a friend that works in a finance house, try asking the person to check your credit history and see if you can access good money from banks or other loan apps (loan apps don't give as much money as banks though).
Oga rest, parent company or not, no sane company dey operate subsidiary just 2 meek desperate pipu moni in der time of needs, na government I blame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by Dashlys: 12:20am On Jun 13, 2022
That guy legit thinks he could fool anyone here. Like, he has seen market women/men to mess around with. Back to back been saying real shit! That company's name is "Lcredit" is Lcredit a legal entity in Nigeria? Noooo. I told him to mention the name of his boss and he's been mute. He doesn't know whom he works for. Ghost company, ghost owners.
fox97:

Oga rest, parent company or not, no sane company dey operate subsidiary just 2 meek desperate pipu moni in der time of needs, na government I blame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. by fox97(m): 12:29am On Jun 13, 2022
Dashlys:
That guy legit thinks he could fool anyone here. Like, he has seen market women/men to mess around with. Back to back been saying real shit! That company's name is "Lcredit" is Lcredit a legal entity in Nigeria? Noooo. I told him to mention the name of his boss and he's been mute. He doesn't know whom he works for. Ghost company, ghost owners.
na confirm clown e be no mind am..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Ban On Imported Rice Is Still In Effect - Nigerian Customs / Dangote, Flour Mills Petition FG, Oppose New Sugar Refinery by BUA / Paternity Scandal: FCMB's MD, Adam Nuru Goes On Leave As Probe Begins

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.