Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days (2127 Views)

If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. / Do You Have The New CBN eNaira App, What's Your Experience? / ✈✳✅Top Quality Laptops Newly Updated Lists In Stock " Check List " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by Jodesky(m): 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
GTBANK Customers, you will observe that GTbank has been heralding the arrival of its updated App for weeks but since yesterday it was launched and I manually updated mine, it has not opened beyond the first stage of veryfying my registered phone line.

Please share your experience if you've had any success in opening the App.

1 Like

Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by Herbiodun09: 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
Its crap actually. I love the old one

1 Like

Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by descartes400: 10:22am On Jul 14, 2023
The app automatically updated on my phone and I have not been able to pass the phone number verification stage.

1 Like

Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by SilentVboy: 11:26am On Jul 14, 2023
Jodesky:
GTBANK Customers, you will observe that GTbank has been heralding the arrival of its updated App for weeks but since yesterday it was launched and I manually updated mine, it has not opened beyond the first stage of veryfying my registered phone line.

Thank God I have not updated it yet. Although, I have visited playstore to update it but could not find the app. So let me keep using the old app.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by stmicheal001(m): 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
it's total crap....if u have the old all don't update it else u,ll be stranded. But I know with time they'll fix the bug on the new app
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by tomoregie: 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
Bravo GTBank!!! Master Magicians of Money Teleportation and Champions of Digital Pickpocketing

Dear GTBank,

Let me start by expressing my most profound admiration for your unwavering commitment to dysfunction. Not many institutions can boast such a perfect track record of unexplained debits and transactional black holes. It's a commendable effort and a feat to make your customers' money vanish into thin air.

You have taken the simplest of global banking features and added a thrilling spin of uncertainty and distress. Who else could make us nostalgic for the simplicity of counting coins and paper bills?

Your impressive avoidance of resolving these issues makes one wonder if your customer service team is busy squinting at blank pieces of paper in the hopes that solutions will appear. Or are you waiting for a Hogwarts letter with an enchantment for failed transaction reversal? Either way, I must applaud your innovative approach to ineffectiveness.

It's a delightful irony that you fail to meet the CBN-mandated hours to reverse failed transactions. What a unique way to maintain your exclusivity by swimming against the regulatory tide. The losses incurred by customers only add to your avant-garde charm.
From a pioneer to a pitfall, GTBank, you have transformed the banking experience. You're setting a riveting precedent, indeed. If regulators aren't careful, they might find an industry collapsing under the weight of its incompetence, all thanks to your inspired leadership.
In an ideal world, we'd see a swift resolution to these issues. But, then again, why strive for an ideal world when we can be stranded in your captivating chaos?

Keep up the 'remarkable' work.

Sincerely,

Tom Omoregie
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by tomoregie: 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
SilentVboy:
Thank God I have not updated it yet. Although, I have visited playstore to update it but could not find the app. So let me keep using the old app.

they forced an update and now the new app is not even on playstore - GTBank.. you will soon start having frustrated customers attack your innocent staff
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by SilentVboy: 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
tomoregie:

they forced an update and now the new app is not even on playstore - GTBank.. you will soon start having frustrated customers attack your innocent staff
Forced update? Wow. Sorry for that. It's because you fixed your app on automatic update. Mine is manual. I choose which app to update.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by SilentVboy: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
The old app is still working fine for transfers. I even used it this afternoon for a transfer.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by MrBroke(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omo, no way to login o.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by tomoregie: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
SilentVboy:
Forced update? Wow. Sorry for that. It's because you fixed your app on automatic update. Mine is manual. I choose which app to update.

Thanks for enlightening me.. from now all my apps will be on manual
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by CBTxFactor: 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
How their unpreparedness is ruining their ratings. If you've had enough of the stagnant update, just uninstall it, download the old apk online then install. Sign in and remain there until they fix the colos update.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2023
CBTxFactor:
How their unpreparedness is ruining their ratings. If you've had enough of the stagnant update, just uninstall it, download the old apk online then install. Sign in and remain there until they fix the colos update.
the worst is that

neither the gt bank app and gt world app is presently on PlayStore as @14/7/2023
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by CBTxFactor: 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
Gawaaa:
the worst is that

neither the gt bank app and gt world app is presently on PlayStore as @14/7/2023
You'll have to download it outside the playstore. Check any Android apps website. If it's iOS na wahala promax.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
CBTxFactor:
You'll have to download it outside the playstore. Check any Android apps website. If it's iOS na wahala promax.
not downloading

Old version still good
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by Alvin007: 6:05am On Jul 15, 2023
Mine works though. The only challenge is that I always have to re-register, anytime I need to use the app. It’s really frustrating.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by GloriousGbola: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2023
the app automatically downloaded to my device

it is broken

i had to wait until 11pm when there was no traffic so i could get a response from their server or whatever

then i could not get the otp text.

i tried using my token - that didnt work either. so now i am stuck to making purchases from my pc.

and gt have taken the app off the store. [i wanted to post a nasty review]

basically, they released beta software into a production environment

a real mess all around

1 Like

Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by descartes400: 8:49am On Jul 15, 2023
CBTxFactor:

Are the apps downloaded from outside playstore safe? especially as it has to do with a Bank app? Make dem no go kalo kalo person small coins.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2023
descartes400:

Are the apps downloaded from outside playstore safe? especially as it has to do with a Bank app? Make dem no go kalo kalo person small coins.
Don't try it.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by GloriousGbola: 11:35am On Jul 15, 2023
GloriousGbola:
the app automatically downloaded to my device

it is broken

i had to wait until 11pm when there was no traffic so i could get a response from their server or whatever

then i could not get the otp text.

i tried using my token - that didnt work either. so now i am stuck to making purchases from my pc.

and gt have taken the app off the store. [i wanted to post a nasty review]

basically, they released beta software into a production environment

a real mess all around

I used Samsung backup to download the old version of GTWorld back to my phone. If you are tech savvy you can also copy the old apk from your friends devices.

Avoid downloading the app from any other location. By now some Nigerians would have put up versions that will steal your banking info.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by CBTxFactor: 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
descartes400:

grin grin I reason the same thing bros.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by GloriousGbola: 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I used Samsung backup to download the old version of GTWorld back to my phone. If you are tech savvy you can also copy the old apk from your friends devices.

Avoid downloading the app from any other location. By now some Nigerians would have put up versions that will steal your banking info.

Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by MrBroke(m): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2023
I don finally login but the app still dey lag, b like say na olodo developers abi IT guys dey work for gtb
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by HacheNoire: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gawaaa:
the worst is that

I am having same issue. I cannot find the app on IOS playstore
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
HacheNoire:

I am having same issue. I cannot find the app on IOS playstore
I will advice u,

If u still have the previous App don't update it

Mine is still working fine
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by HacheNoire: 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gawaaa:
I will advice u,

If u still have the previous App don't update it

Mine is still working fine

Mistake I made. I already deleted it.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by November24(f): 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2023
descartes400:
The app automatically updated on my phone and I have not been able to pass the phone number verification stage.

Have u been able to do this?
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by descartes400: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
November24:

Have u been able to do this?

Yes I have. GTB app has been working since then.
Are you having issues with yours?
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by sedIoyol(m): 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2023
Jodesky:

GTB keeps giving me issues
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by November24(f): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2023
descartes400:

Yes I have. GTB app has been working since then.
Are you having issues with yours?

Yes, I changed my phone.
Over 2 months now, I just can't log in past bvn
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by descartes400: 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2023
November24:

Yes, I changed my phone.
Over 2 months now, I just can't log in past bvn

Is it a new phone or a fairly used phone?

If its a fairly used phone, the phone could have been rooted. GTB seems to have enhanced the security of their app to not work on rooted phones.

Many bank apps with enhanced security don't work on rooted phone. And the process to making it work can be combative.

Just Google bank apps and rooted phones to get an idea of what l'm saying.
Re: Newly Updated GTWORLD APP: What Has Been Your Experience In Two Days by November24(f): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2023
descartes400:

Is it a new phone or a fairly used phone?

If its a fairly used phone, the phone could have been rooted. GTB seems to have enhanced the security of their app to not work on rooted phones.

Many bank apps with enhanced security don't work on rooted phone. And the process to making it work can be combative.

Just Google bank apps and rooted phones to get an idea of what l'm saying.

No it's not a rooted phone. I have othe APps working perfectly on same phone

(1) (Reply)

The Most Profitable Business Ventures So Far? / Need A Nice And Attractive Name For Students' Magazine. / Pure Water Business In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.