Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians (17272 Views)

Edo Police Arrest 22-Year-Old Man In Military Wear For Possession Of Firearms / Abba Kyari Team Arrest Smugglers Of Firearms From Libya, Benin & Burkina Faso / Police Arrest 4 For Unlawful Possession Of Firearms In Abia (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Spandau: 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
brosom:
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven,(CHILDREN OF GOD) suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Tooth for tooth, eye for an eye.

Good reasoning from CAN.!!

That is how you just use scriptures that you don't understand flippantly. Self defence has nothing to do with that scripture. The bottom line is everybody must engage in self defense.
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by writeprof(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2022
Good position by CAN. Let every Nigerian, based on criteria to be set, be allowed to own a gun if they so which.

Nehemiah 4:1,7-9,11-22 KJV
But it came to pass, that when Sanballat heard that we builded the wall, he was wroth, and took great indignation, and mocked the Jews.

[7] But it came to pass, that when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and the Arabians, and the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites, heard that the walls of Jerusalem were made up, and that the breaches began to be stopped, then they were very wroth,

[8] And conspired all of them together to come and to fight against Jerusalem, and to hinder it.

[9] Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night, because of them.

[11] And our adversaries said, They shall not know, neither see, till we come in the midst among them, and slay them, and cause the work to cease.

[12] And it came to pass, that when the Jews which dwelt by them came, they said unto us ten times, From all places whence ye shall return unto us they will be upon you.

[13[b]] Therefore set I in the lower places behind the wall, and on the higher places, I even set the people after their families with their swords, their spears, and their bows.
[/b]

[14] And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.

[15] And it came to pass, when our enemies heard that it was known unto us, and God had brought their counsel to nought, that we returned all of us to the wall, every one unto his work.

[16] And it came to pass from that time forth, that the half of my servants wrought in the work, and the other half of them held both the spears, the shields, and the bows, and the habergeons; and the rulers were behind all the house of Judah.

[17] They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon.

[18] For the builders, every one had his sword girded by his side, and so builded. And he that sounded the trumpet was by me.

[19] And I said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, The work is great and large, and we are separated upon the wall, one far from another.

[20] In what place therefore ye hear the sound of the trumpet, resort ye thither unto us: our God shall fight for us.

[21] So we laboured in the work: and half of them held the spears from the rising of the morning till the stars appeared.

[22] Likewise at the same time said I unto the people, Let every one with his servant lodge within Jerusalem, that in the night they may be a guard to us, and labour on the day.
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by brosom(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Spandau:

That is how you just use scriptures that you don't understand flippantly. Self defence has nothing to do with that scripture. The bottom line is everybody must engage in self defense.
we're talking the same thing, just that u understand it differently.
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by UselessBuhari: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
Lekmanz87:

Then tell me who are the good people? Atleast it wasn’t like this from the inception of nigeria so what actually went wrong ? Why the upsurge in insecurities? Those are the questions begging for answers in conclusion legalization of firearms is not a way to go…
Good people are law abiding people, the upsurge is because guns from northern Africs are now available to criminals due to our non existent borders and the truth is that our government doesn't have the capacity or willpower to stop those guns from coming in.
The only solution is for law abiding citizens to also have access to guns
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by UselessBuhari: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
MyFlair:
America has suffered series of indiscriminate shootings by psychos in the last fees years . but do you know what? America I'll definitely defeat them and restore peace because all and sundry are against them. Plus, no gunman in America that was never arrested nor shot to death. They were all arrested or terminated

But here in Nigeria this has been happening for years, nobody has been arrested, killed or held accountable. And you expecting things get better. You are all fools a swear
All thosoe shouting America America everywhere should read this
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Newton2024: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:

Rule 8.
Rule 2.
You are not okay.
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by maasoap(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
fasho01:

You're right. Nothing can truly be regulated in this country. Like every other thing before it, we are known to abuse everything and even these security firms will abuse it too

Yeah, but the guns won't be too much in the society. The more the guns, the more the violence and lawlessness
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by blackboy(m): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
No!! It wont work. USA is already facing the challenge. Nigeria where we too dey vex. The little weapons in the hands of cultists, armed robbers, security forces etc we see how it is often used to kill innocent people.

We need more and better trained and equipped security forces and tougher laws against jungle justice like them blasphemy people who kill in the name of religion.
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by fasho01(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
maasoap:

Yeah, but the guns won't be too much in the society. The more the guns, the more the violence and lawlessness

Isn't it this same Nigeria that we're in? Before you know it, gun running will become a lucrative business and we'll have guns everywhere. It's just unfortunate that we have come to this point as a nation
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by caye(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
Most Nigerians do not know that before the evil Europeans came to destabilise our indigenous societies and countries, our ancestors defended themselves with their own built weapons.

The white nations really messed us up.
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by HeroicMeastro: 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
Loveurneighbour:
Urges members to suspend vigil

Amotekun mounts surveillance around churches, combs forests

https://punchng.com/owo-massacre-can-calls-for-legalisation-of-firearms-for-nigerians/
Mad people organisation.
If it is legalised, CAN will ceased to exist
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Candycrushy(f): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Foodforthought:

This statement can put you in big trouble. Your bio is open, anything happens to one of your exes it might not be funny.
And who ever knew we dated
Abeg abeg
I go still shoot am
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by General114: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Legalization of fire arms will bring nothing but a DISASTER
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Candycrushy(f): 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
Athemisia:

Ewooo! I don give many girls breakfast chop oh hope say this one no be one of them. shocked
Make I check her profile first.....

Chaii! Na one of them oh.... cry
Lmao...so your job is to always serve innocent daughters of Zion breakfast abi
Enter heaven lemme see
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Athemisia: 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
Candycrushy:

Lmao...so your job is to always serve innocent daughters of Zion breakfast abi
Enter heaven lemme see
Baby mi I'm sorry naaah... Ok I will give you a second chance... kiss
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Ayodele20(m): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
Now that the attackers have been found to be native Yorubas,can you bigots rest?
Yoruba Christian terrorists killing their own people.Oooff!

1 Like

Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Candycrushy(f): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
Athemisia:

Baby mi I'm sorry naaah... Ok I will give you a second chance... kiss
I'm not interested....I've moved on embarassed
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by baretalk: 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
The church must spend their money where their mouth is.
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by tunchi014(m): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
post=113719798:
In Nigeria?!

Thay will be SUICIDAL.
. . keep exposing ur Fulani agenda small small...
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Athemisia: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
Candycrushy:

I'm not interested....I've moved on embarassed
I don't think so... Because you still want to shoot me with a gun.
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Candycrushy(f): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Athemisia:
I don't think so... Because you still want to shoot me with a gun.
Ok...I forgive you
Go and sin no more
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by Athemisia: 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
Candycrushy:

Ok...I forgive you
Go and sin no more
Too bad... I'm a born sinner cool
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by maasoap(m): 11:46am On Jun 14, 2022
UselessBuhari:
Mass shootings are already happening in Nigeria. If some of the Owo church members were armed, many of your Fulani Muslim brothers would have gone down and that would have reduced the casualty on the side of the church members and also made the remaining Fulani muslim killers who escaped to think twice before embarking on such mission anywhere again.
Hope you get the point now?

I was discussing with mature people here, get it?
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by UselessBuhari: 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2022
maasoap:

I was discussing with mature people here, get it?
Muslim terrorist
Re: Owo Massacre: CAN Calls For Legalisation Of Firearms For Nigerians by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
streetsoldier1:
Govt shouldn't allow that request ooo. The system is already frustrating, now allowing firearms will add more problems. take for instance my phone was stolen two days ago, I went to MtN office to retrieve my line, there was endless queue and the customer care people were frustrating customer so I decided to get to nearby ATM to collect 2k to get something to eat while waiting. At the ATM only one machine was working and one unreasonable man was withdrawing money endlessly, when he exhausted the limit for one card and brought out another card. Imagine having a gun with the frustration from stolen phone to mtn wahala. That innocent man for college ct.
Where you able to retrieve the line, and what is reauired

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Police Killed My Brother, Buried Him Begged Us With N10m- Sister / Lagos Trader Commits Suicide To Spite Her Mother / Nigerian Army Patrol Neutralize One Bandit, Capture 3 Alive In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.