Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent (1353 Views)

Man Arraigned For Touching Woman’s Bre*sts Without Consent / I Took A Girl To The Movies And Withdrew N10k From The ATM, See What She Said / My Fiancee Got A Job With The Help Of Her Ex Without My Consent, Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by 87EightySeven(f): 7:07am On Jun 12, 2022
Hello house, i need an urgent advice. A loan company withdrew money from my account through POS/WEB transaction (POS/WEB PURCHASE TRANSACTION ) without any OTP.

I took a loan from a popular online app. I have been paying but didnt meet up with the scheduled date 9/06/2022. I had 5350 remaining to meet up for the first month. I was amazed when i saw a 2000 naira debit on my bank account which i didnt initiate or authorize. I got to know it was POS/WEB PURCHASE TRANSACTION when i checked my email.
This leads me to 3 conclusion
1. These people have my atm password and other financial details (obviously)
2. They can make unauthorized withdrawals even when you are no longer having any business with them
3. No OTP code was sent to me to confirm the transaction... the money just flew away from my account just like that.

4. I have heard severally from folks on nairaland about withdrawals made through SPORTYBET; withdrawals they didn't initiate or authorize... now we can ascertain how it happens.

I want to seek advice to know how legal this deduction is and if there is any angle i can sue this company.
How legal is this kind of deduction
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Anyenmoney(m): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2022
Next time, read their "Terms and Conditions"

5 Likes

Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:14am On Jun 12, 2022
They can't just withdraw. You agreed and signed to it, so relax... When they've withdrawn all the money you owe them, you'll "have your account back"
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by aylagos(m): 7:37am On Jun 12, 2022
87EightySeven:
Hello house, i need an urgent advice. A loan company withdrew money from my account through POS/WEB transaction (POS/WEB PURCHASE TRANSACTION ) without any OTP.

I took a loan from a popular online app. I have been paying but didnt meet up with the scheduled date 9/06/2022. I had 5350 remaining to meet up for the first month. I was amazed when i saw a 2000 naira debit on my bank account which i didnt initiate or authorize. I got to know it was POS/WEB PURCHASE TRANSACTION when i checked my email.
2. They can make unauthorized withdrawals even when you are no longer having any business with them
3. No OTP code was sent to me to confirm the transaction... the money just flew away from my account just like that.

4. I have heard severally from folks on nairaland about withdrawals made through SPORTYBET; withdrawals they didn't initiate or authorize... now we can ascertain how it happens.

I want to seek advice to know how legal this deduction is and if there is any angle i can sue this company.
are you owning or not ? If you are owning then forget it abeg at least them never send sms to your family and friends telling to warn you….lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Gabby2022: 8:45am On Jun 12, 2022
Why are you acting naive?You put your card details,what do you expect?

4 Likes

Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by 87EightySeven(f): 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
aylagos:
are you owning or not ? If you are owning then forget it abeg at least them never send sms to your family and friends telling to warn you….lol
God so good i was able to to raise the remaining installment as the business i invested it in failed to yeild.
naa the remaining months remain. As a man one just have to employ every means to raise money
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Ballzproblemm: 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2022
87EightySeven:

I wish more loan service will use this method,since Nigerians have carried it I'm their heart to be wicked, more to come cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Wasky101: 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
This one too will be complaining about apc and pdp, yet u collect loan u know wan pay back.
Small thing he will say I want to japa shey nah this kind of credit mentality u wan use japa.
No man can fix Nigerians,
Nigerians will fix Nigeria
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Jmichael1(m): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
Change ur atm...

i experience dis tin on 13/2/2022 around 1:34am,i dey enjoy my sweet sleep,the next tin i hear nah alert tune.sleep clear from my eyes ones....9800 dn fly frm acct,i nearly piece 4 body.

i no wait for day to break b4 i reach bank,i was the 1st person to be attended to..i jst change my atm asap...

to pay them no cum hungry me again self..

u can't sue them bcus its written in their terms and condition.i guess u did nt read it..

the best tin to do is to change ur atm if not,dey will kip deducting 4rm the acct.
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Faber(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2022
Jmichael1:
Change ur atm...

i experience dis tin on 13/2/2022 around 1:34am,i dey enjoy my sweet sleep,the next tin i hear nah alert tune.sleep clear from my eyes ones....9800 dn fly frm acct,i nearly piece 4 body.

i no wait for day to break b4 i reach bank,i was the 1st person to be attended to..i jst change my atm asap...

to pay them no cum hungry me again self..

u can't sue them bcus its written in their terms and condition.i guess u did nt read it..

the best tin to do is to change ur atm if not,dey will kip deducting 4rm the acct.

So if you change your ATM/Debit Card they will no longer be able to withdraw from your account? My babe is having this same issue and is on my neck to help her pay Quick Check. Me I no want help her, so that tomorrow she will not do that again, hoping that I will come to her rescue.
These bitches are tricky and funny
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Jmichael1(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
Faber:

So if you change your ATM/Debit Card they will no longer be able to withdraw from your account? My babe is having this same issue and is on my neck to help her pay Quick Check. Me I no want help her, so that tomorrow she will not do that again, hoping that I will come to her rescue.
These bitches are tricky and funny

yea....
they hv no access to ur acct once u change ur atm...
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Faber(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
Jmichael1:

yea....
they hv no access to ur acct once u change ur atm...

Ok. She gats to do that to evade payment or unauthorized debit from them. Thanks
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by 87EightySeven(f): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
Wasky101:
This one too will be complaining about apc and pdp, yet u collect loan u know wan pay back.
Small thing he will say I want to japa shey nah this kind of credit mentality u wan use japa.
No man can fix Nigerians,
Nigerians will fix Nigeria
bor even your country is owing
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by MrFollowFollow(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
87EightySeven:

They have a right to recover their money through any legal means and you actually gave them consent to do this when you accepted the terms of the loan.

I don't understand why you peopie think that beacaue you have been paying your loan you automatically have a right to default and the company has no right to come looking for it's money.

When you default you're witholding the loan company's money thereby denying it an opportunity to earn interest revenue with it!
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Vincyman: 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
Yes, they've done such to me too but I later grab the solution. You need to go to settings and remove your ATM details there especially ur 16 digits code
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
As you no gree pay your debt nko?
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
Vincyman:
Yes, they've done such to me too but I later grab the solution. You need to go to settings and remove your ATM details there especially ur 16 digits code
It's not possible.
Re: Loan Company Withdrew Money From My Account Without Consent by 87EightySeven(f): 8:04am On Jul 17, 2023
MrFollowFollow:

They have a right to recover their money through any legal means and you actually gave them consent to do this when you accepted the terms of the loan.

I don't understand why you peopie think that beacaue you have been paying your loan you automatically have a right to default and the company has no right to come looking for it's money.

When you default you're witholding the loan company's money thereby denying it an opportunity to earn interest revenue with it!
i hear you

(1) (Reply)

Please Your Advice As I Plan Not To Marry Her - See Reasons / Don't make The Same Mistake / No Woman Cheat Pass Woman Wey De In A Perfect And Peaceful Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.