Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process (13714 Views)

Nigeria Elections Generally Peaceful, Transparent – ECOWAS Observers / PDP Primaries In Enugu Peaceful, Transparent - National Electoral Committee / AU Chair, Ramaphosa, Thanks WTO For Transparent Process. Okonjo-Iweala Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2022
I Will Ensure The New President is Elect Through a Peaceful &Transparent Process, President, Muhammadu Buhari Speaks as He Marks another Democracy Day

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auedPYWjr-0

The President, Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday 12th June, 2022 addressed the nation to commemorate Democracy Day.

1.Fellow Nigerians, Today, June The 12th, marks another Democracy Day anniversary and an occasion to celebrate freedom and unity of our Nation.

2. From 1999, we consistently celebrated Democracy Day to mark the end of military rule and the return of power and control into the hands of those freely elected by the people. On this day, Nigerians recommit themselves to ensuring we protect and preserve the ideals of democracy.

3. In 2018, we moved Democracy Day from 29th of May to the 12th of June. This change was to remind all Nigerians of one free election after which the presumed winner along with Nigerians were denied their rights and their choice.

4. On June 12th 1993, Nigerians saw the best in our citizens as we all went out to vote peacefully. By June 24th 1993, we also saw the worst of our leadership as the elections were annulled.

5. We must never forget the sacrifices of the heroes of Nigeria’s democracy during 1993. Their patriotism and peaceful struggle should guide our actions especially when it comes to electing our leaders and holding them accountable, now and in future.

6. Fellow Nigerians this is my last Democracy Day speech as your President. By June 12th, 2023, exactly one year from today, you will already have a new President. I remain committed and determined to ensure that the new President is elected through a peaceful and transparent process.

7. It is important for all of us to remember that June 12th, 2023 will be exactly 30 years from the 1993 Presidential elections. In honour and memory of one of our national heroes for democracy, Chief M.K.O Abiola, GCFR, we must all work together to ensure this transition is done in a peaceful manner.

8. I am hopeful that we can achieve this. The signs so far are positive. Recently, all registered political parties conducted primaries to select their candidates for the 2023 general elections.

9. These primaries were peaceful and orderly. Those who won were magnanimous in their victories. Those who lost were gracious in defeat. And those aggrieved opted to seek judicial justice as opposed to jungle justice.

10. I followed the party primaries closely from the state level to the Presidential level. I was very impressed to see across all the political parties that, most candidates ran issued based campaigns. The language and tone throughout were on the whole measured and controlled.

11. Another positive that came from the 2022 party primaries was the significant increase in women and youth particularly across all parties. I was very pleased to see this development. This augurs well for the future. These trends clearly show the level of maturity our democracy has achieved in the last 23 years.

12. As we move into the general election campaign season, we must sustain this mature attitude to campaigning and ultimately, voting. We must never see it as a “do or die” affair. We must all remember democracy is about the will of the majority. There must be winners and losers.

13. I will therefore take this opportunity on this very special day to ask all candidates to continue running issue focused campaigns and to treat opponents with dignity. As leaders, you must all showcase high character and never forget that the world is watching us and Africa looks up to Nigeria to provide example in governance. The tone you set at the top will surely be replicated in your followers
Mores on:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/june-12-president-buharis-speech-on-2022-democracy-day/%3famp

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cesi2ePNnAI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Gbengajans: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2022
grin
I can bet you Nigeria would become a better place if that can happen

Please we Design professional Logo for your Business or Company Letterhead Design for 2k Only

Drop Us Your Company Name:

https://forms.gle/GJAsDbHxBQ4aSExU7

11 Likes

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by ChangetheChange: 9:04am On Jun 12, 2022
Mad man
Since he is no longer on the ballot and his preferred candidate didn't pick APC presidential ticket, he doesn't want to allow rigging this time.

141 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by jumper524(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2022
My people Nigeria no longer needs normal average intelligent people who plays by the book to rule us.
Electing politicians who plays by the book means more problems, more wailing and more regrets.
This time my people, Nigeria needs a genius, one that was capable of beating his opponents by more than 100% of their votes.
One that was able to survive his state as governor despite not receiving federal allocation for more than 16years. One that believes in building from scratch and not one that runs from pillar to post of already established platform, one who plans for betrayal before it happens as well making plans for reconciliation.
A tinubu presidency has all this criteria, a visionary leader with foresight who plans for the future.
Today Lagos state despite its large population can survive without federal allocation, how many state in Nigeria can do this today?
Why on earth would I choose someone else who don't posses half of this quality to rule me when I have this qualities staring at me?

In the asiwaju camp, we don't care about the weakness of our opponents rather we work on strengthening our formidable strength.
Asiwaju to the throne.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2022
Can we trust his words
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by 9jii(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2022
We
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Penguin2: 9:18am On Jun 12, 2022
Please if there’s nothing else you do from today till 29th May 2023, we wouldn’t mind.

But please just stay out of our way let’s elect Peter Obi jejely.

Thank you!

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Mysticwebb: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2022
If this is done, then APC will lose the election. They will come a distance third position in the election without rigging.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Bluntguy: 9:24am On Jun 12, 2022
Story.
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by triple996(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2022
A warning to Pandora people grin
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by 9jii(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2022
ChangetheChange:
Mad man
Since he is no longer on the ballot and his preferred candidate didn't pick APC presidential ticket, he doesn't want to allow rigging this time.
This explans all the poverty and joblessness among the youths in this country. Instead of you countering his words with sound arguments and something meaningful that we can learn but you choose to used meaningless ABUSIVE language because it is the easy and foolishly pleasing.
The problem is it will grow in you and become away of life for you.
You can Abuse anyone
You can Abuse anything
To the point you get to public affairs
You ll Abuse that too
That's how all these bad leaders were born.
JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO LAZY TO USE THE DIFFICULT PATHS IN YOUR BRAIN TO SAY SOMETHING MEANINGFUL.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Rastaramsey(m): 10:40am On Jun 12, 2022
Ogbeni nobody dey ready to chop your zobo grin grin grin grin
Everybody knows you and atiku are going to do everything possible to make power remain in the North grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by JosephXavier: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2022
If that is the only thing Buhari is able to do for, then posterity will be fair to him

We should all get our PVCs ready and wait patiently as the day draws near to vote out bad and corrupt governance and delegate imposed candidates

Peter Obi is the answer to all out problems in:
Agriculture
Economy
Education
Industrialization
Transparency

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by BabaIbo: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2022
A silent voice is telling me this man won't tamper with the next election. He may allow INEC to be truly independent.

He may want to leave it as his good bye legacy to Nigerians.

Time will tell sha.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Fyie: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2022
This man!
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by toffyz(m): 10:40am On Jun 12, 2022
The one and only "Baba go slow"

Baba too dull, Kai!
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Kasco(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2022
See mumu
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by guru90: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2022
Buhari.... You know that your regime is no.1 in lying....
Can u do what u just said?

Slightly disagree....

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by tesppidd: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2022
This man don start again.

Na so you do, Saraki steal senate President.

Na so you do, your chosen candidate no emerge.

Na so you do, all your brothers lose their primary elections.

Buhari came and be going let people like BAT who know how to play real politics enter abeg.
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by easiest(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2022
Transparent the way you nearly impose senate president Lawan on us abi? Transparent indeed
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by tomiwakeem: 10:42am On Jun 12, 2022
Story grin
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by DARLINGTON869(m): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2022
Na you Sabi...Sha do and gettat from there

T O DARLING

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Winters23: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2022
grin
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by BabaIbo: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Ogbeni nobody dey ready to chop your zobo grin grin grin grin
Everybody knows you and atiku are going to do everything possible to make power remain in the North grin grin grin grin

Keep kwayet od€!

In a free and fair election, can Tilumbu defeat Atiku or Obi?

Anything that seems not to go your way is rigged abi?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by guru90: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2022
Penguin2:
Please if there’s nothing else you do from today till 29th May 2023, we wouldn’t mind.

But please just stay out of our way let’s elect Peter Obi jejely.

Thank you!

Supported....

Obi peter is what I am dreaming for......

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by chimhigher(m): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2022
Clown..I don't take anything that comes from this man seriously anymore. Very use.less and anyh.ow somebody.
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by Bestbeelieve: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2022
Ensure kee you dia...com and be going
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by brainpulse: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2022
Greatest leader that ever lived
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by kels4fun(m): 10:44am On Jun 12, 2022
Gettout.
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by HungMan002: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2022
Abeg just tell us say you go make sure say na who you want go enter dat seat.
Re: Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process by BabaIbo: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2022
easiest:
Transparent the way you nearly impose senate president Lawan on us abi? Transparent indeed

And you think if he really want to achieve that, he can't achieve it?

You be suegb€!

If he really wanted to impose someone, he would have done that and nothing go happen.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole / Disregard The Lies, Atiku Is 100% Fit, Super Form Healthwise – Melaye / El'rufai Accuses President Jonathan Of Partnering With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.