Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

My Experience With A River// Stream. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With A River// Stream. (2260 Views)

Young Man Cries A River After Being Dumped By Girlfriend (VIDEO) / Man Proposes To Girlfriend On A Boat In The Middle Of A River (Photos) / Ijaw Couple Fishing In A River With Net And Canoe In Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2022
During the ongoing ASUU strike, I went to my mother's hometown the eastern part “imo state”with my cousin.
I'm a really good swimmer I'll give myself a 8/10 , having gone through drowning multiple times and beating by some life guard at the pool before I became close to perfect,I'll give me cousin a 5/10 he's afraid of the deeper part of water, I'll say if I'm inside water I'm one with it.
So there this beautiful river /stream in my mother's hometown heard about it couple of times and was curious to visit it with my cousin , the heat/ scorching sun was really terrible during the day time except you cool under a tree.
So this particular river /stream have rules.
I'm not meant to catch or eat any of the fishes my mum warned me never to,. If my grandmother knew I went there she be paranoid causes the river literally drags people it not please with or upset it.and if you kill any of the fishes and your from that hometown you be doing some rites or something bad will happen to the person and we don't allow strangers fishing/catch fish there.
I'm also banned from killing/ harming a python , have seen a phyton from arms reach like it was literally near me but it passed by , then I remember in my childhood days my mum will tell me it comes to greet visitors and if kill it I'll bury it like a normal human with traditional rites, I told my grandma what I saw she then said the python came to visit/greet me.
We all know how a swimming pool is four corners or edges, and the chemical which makes one's eyes red like he/she just took weed. But rivers/ stream all natural and cool swimming with fishes and snake but only once I saw a snake there ,like it literally going it way.

So while swimming in this said river/stream ,they said I shouldn't swim to the extreme which is really deep but a handful of girls and boys where at the extreme and it was fun and daring, but knowing I can swim just needing a little warm up, I swam to the extreme remember there's little to no edges that you can take a break but I wasn't bothered.
I felt a very strange energy around me like a force around me ,like something at my back or beneath me ,in my mind I was so scared I had to swim back to part that 8_6 feet . But that didn't stopped me from going to the extreme and visiting the place anytime I'm chance.
Here's what happened while sleeping I have this lucid dreaming or feeling I'm still inside the water , like I'm literally swimming that I had to wake up couple of times during my sleep ,I guess it was because to far in the river . How can I stop this , sometimes I have flashback from that experience , and it very scary and chilling it not like the normal 6 to 10 feet pool I do swim.
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by OnyeMmeri: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2022
Apparently a marine spirit from the stream followed you home. It has been tormenting you since then. You need the services of an exorcist.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Cypress042(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2022
grin Deal with it since you no wan hear word grin

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by EmzyT: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2022

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
But you were warned aforetime
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
Cypress042:

But guy I wrote ladies and guys who are good swimmer swim to the deepest part
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
bukky1994:
But you were warned aforetime

Yes never to kill or harm any fish

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
OnyeMmeri:
Apparently a marine spirit from the stream followed you home. It has been tormenting you since then. You need the services of an exorcist.

Hnmmm , I think it's because I haven't swim in something that deep and wide yet thrilling and scary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Blue86(m): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
I just imagine how large the tilapia and catfish and other sort of bass fish go dey for that river.

I hate demons.

Tell me the name and location, make I come fish there.

Demons can't be hoarding all the proteins for themselves now!

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Blue86:
I just imagine how large the tilapia and catfish and other sort of bass fish go dey for that river.

I hate demons.

Imo state , oguta junction
Yeah ,normals there lots of fishes there with kinda golden colouring

Be like say you want faint,I pity you one of my uncle from my dad's side ate the fish and slump on the road , facts bro

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
Blue86:

I hate demons.

Water wey Dem dey make sacrifices and spirits dey dance for night
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
The river they conduct sacrifices around there

No cap , one of my uncle from my father's side ate the fish and slump on the road they had to make sacrifices to appease the water

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Cypress042(m): 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dreadlock69:

But guy I wrote ladies and guys who are good swimmer swim to the deepest part
do you know maybe they are also experiencing the same.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2022
Cypress042:
do you know maybe they are also experiencing the same.

Nah no they are very good swimmers, but let me not lie I try to catch a fish but it impossible those things are fast
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dreadlock69:

Yes never to kill or harm any fish

nawao
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by OnyeMmeri: 5:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dreadlock69:

Be like say you want faint,I pity you one of my uncle from my dad's side ate the fish and slump on the road , facts bro

You mean Oguta lake, a.k.a Ogbuide, or some other river?
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by modaddy(f): 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
OnyeMmeri:

���
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
OnyeMmeri:

I Sha know say nah imo state oguta mgbidi imo state the water also lead to other neighboring village and Anambra
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Blue86(m): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Really, okay. Love that challenge
Dreadlock69:

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Dreadlock69(m): 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Blue86:
Really, okay. Love that challenge

If nah swim you wan swim you go enjoy am wella very natural and thrilling the place self get mini water fall but I dey fear that side make I know go jump go like that and you will swim with fishes passing by which makes it more interesting.

But if nah fish you wan go catch ,my hand no there poop abeg ooo
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by rightvendor: 8:12am On Jun 13, 2022
Swimming to the extreme which is really deep but a handful of girls and boys where at the extreme and it was fun and daring, but knowing I can swim just needing a little warm up, I swam to the extreme remember there's little to no edges that you can take a break but I wasn't bothered.

Honestly I prefer pool, once swimming pool maintenance is done https://www.rightvendor.ae/swimming-pool-maintenance/
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Blue86(m): 11:36am On Jun 14, 2022
Hahahah. No fear for me. Na chop I wan chop, not swim
Dreadlock69:

If nah swim you wan swim you go enjoy am wella very natural and thrilling the place self get mini water fall but I dey fear that side make I know go jump go like that and you will swim with fishes passing by which makes it more interesting.

But if nah fish you wan go catch ,my hand no there poop abeg ooo
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Realestatevixen: 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2022
OnyeMmeri:

OnyeMmeri. I greet you sir. I am still awaiting your call on the properties sir
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by OnyeMmeri: 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
Realestatevixen:

OnyeMmeri. I greet you sir. I am still awaiting your call on the properties sir

Hello dear, good evening. It's been a while. How's everything at your end? Hope you're doing fine.

I just bought a piece of land about a month ago in Enugu. Was quite a tedious process.

Before the end of the year I'm looking at investing in real estate in Abj, and I'll surely get in touch with you. You're based in Abuja, right?
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by dnawah(m): 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
Cypress042:
Abi fly way no the hear,na him the follow dead body go grave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Realestatevixen: 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
OnyeMmeri:

Hello dear, good evening. It's been a while. How's everything at your end? Hope you're doing fine.

I just bought a piece of land about a month ago in Enugu. Was quite a tedious process.

Before the end of the year I'm looking at investing in real estate in Abj, and I'll surely get in touch with you. You're based in Abuja, right?

Yes I am in Abuja. I'll really love to partner with you on this one. Have a great evening
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Realestatevixen: 12:43am On Nov 06, 2022
OnyeMmeri:

Greetings boss!
Re: My Experience With A River// Stream. by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 06, 2022
OnyeMmeri:
Hush!
Make we hear. Dreadlock69, avoid going to that river for like 2 weeks, you ll forget everything. It's your mind that's imagining things they v said about the river and you can get drown, hurt or something mysterious happen to you and they ll say it's the mammy water trying to kiss you. Just avoid thinking about it. In fact, start reading about deserts, watch desert videos. You ll forget the dirty river asap.

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo : Lady Goes Psycho After Being Dropped Off From A Benz in Anambra (video) / Have You Been Heartbroken Before ? / If U Are In My Position What Would U Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.