Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,698 members, 7,862,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:00 AM

Why Do Igbos Always Do This? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbos Always Do This? (1786 Views)

Why Are The Igbos Always Found Of Exporting What We Also Needed In Nigeria? / Igbos Always Betray Themselves From Getting Presidency. See What Soludo Posted / Igbos Always In Defense Of Christians While Others are not Concerned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbos Always Do This? by 9japride(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Thinkam:

That's the reality of our country
[color=#006600][/color]

It's a pity.
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Do This? by VaginaMiners: 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
Thinkam:

What tribe has gone through what Igbos have in Nigeria?

Yes it was
This life nah turn by turn bros.
They collaborated with the North at the expense of their southern neighbour until the 4th republic.

Ironsi wasn't recommended to head the army by our departing Masters but the NCNC/NPC alliance produced him

The VCs of Ibadan and Lagos were also product of the NPC/NCNC alliance.

There are plenty examples like that.

This same NCNC/NPC divided the west and left the North and East alone despite the minorities in those 2 regions wanting autonomy .

Awolowo was also jailed by the reactionary forces of Ibo/Fulani.

As God would have it, the alliance collapsed , there was a coup and a counter coup and the rest was history .

Infact, the Ibos were occupying the same seats Yorubas are occupying presently between 1979 and 1983.

They even rejoiced and called Yorubas perpetual opposition and heaven did not fall.

Let me tell you something today , politics is about interests so I don't begrudge the Ibos for what they enjoyed during their marriage with the North .

The first mass killing of Southerners in Nigeria happened before independence in 1945 and the predominant victims were Ibos . Did that stop Ibos from forging alliance with the North in 1959 ??

After everything that happened between July 1966 and 1970 , did it stop Ibos from embracing the North again in 1979

Didn't Ojukwu return from exile to join the Northerners ??

I know you are an Atiku guy and Peter Obi's emergence has made Atiku suffer alot .
He no longer trend in the South like he did in 2019 because his major supporters have dumped him for Obi.

I have great respect for Obi though he isn't a Saint like he's been portrayed. But hey! Who is

But politics is about interest. As a Yoruba , I'd be maximally supporting Tinubu with my time and resources.
Our fore fathers led by Awolowo were idealists who wanted true federalism. This so called true federalism has refused to come .

While my ancestors were running around singing true federalism, the Ibos and Fulanis were singing one Nigeria with its attendant benefits .

So , it's time for Yorubas to dance to the tune of one Nigeria too.

Unless something drastic happens, Bola Tinubu would become the president next year.

The SW/Northern alliance is still intact . The emergence of Tinubu in the APC's primary cemented it .

If you think Asiwaju 's emergence was as a result of some deft political manoeuvre, I have an airport to sell to you .
It was a payback for the 2015 alliance . You are a notherner and I'm sure you understand the concept of AMANAR .

I was initially afraid the rug had been pulled off Aiwaju's feet until I saw his public appearance with the Sultan on the Friday preceeding the primaries.
I quickly told one of my brothers that Asiwaju would definitely emerge which was what happened.

The good thing about next year's election is that we would no longer hear about Biafra for a very long time .
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Do This? by 2elliot: 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
Is04970:
Igbos hate Yorubas but some f00lish Yorubas don't realise this yet.
Ari sense fa
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Do This? by Oilwell(m): 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
Thinkam:

I am routing for Igbos, to ensure they stop being the opposition..

Why should just one tribe be the opposition in Nigeria isn't that Terrible..

Think Support Obi for 2023. He is not a saint/perfect but the man na uncommon Nigerian. At least lets change the direction the country is heading to.

May God bless you and open doors of favour for you and cause the works of your hands to prosper this week.
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Do This? by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2022
Kyase:

Though I get one small problem with the Igbo people(their bride price too high), but damn those guys are selfless, they are true friends
Personal story:
When I was to graduate back then in school, my result was held, that I embezzled the department money, though it was a smokescreen to the religious war in my department, my cabinet(I was the department president) have more Yoruba than Igbo. We had a meeting and if you see the support I garner from all sides but when the battle got intense, I was left just with the Igbos even the ones that are not excos where agitating more than me sef grin it was the Igbo people with my secretary general, who was an igede dude that fought by me to victory, they were with me and supported me, in every way possible.
I won't forget these words "Presido no worry, if you no graduate nobody go graduate for this department "
In case you want to verify this story connect with my boss proudlyngwa, he was in the sideline far away from Kaduna to provide intellectual support, on how to go about it.

So you see Igbo people, are just nice guys, but dem sabi complain for Africa, kai

Thanks for remembering me bro.

Those were the days
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Do This? by Kyase(m): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2022
Proudlyngwa:

Thanks for remembering me bro.

Those were the days
It was hell then grin
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Do This? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's a pity.

embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Trends For Incomprehensible Statement / Rigging? Here Is The Real Reason Why INEC Results Are Not Uploading / Kano INEC Office Razed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.