Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? (2289 Views)

Am I Robbing God If I Refuse To Tithe? / A Loving God / Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by Steep(m): 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The word TORMENT has different meaning but if only you're willing to learn:

This is OXFORD DICTIONARY meaning of the word TORMENT~

Noun
torment
Torture, originally as inflicted by an instrument of torture.
Any extreme pain, anguish or misery, either physical or mental.
He was bitter from the torments of the divorce.
nonsense as usual explain yourself what are the different meaning of torment?
What is a non "literal-torment"? Give at least one way it is used?

So when the demon begged Jesus not to torment him he's simply begging Jesus not to throw him out of his present abode where he's enjoying himself {Matt 12:43-45} it's not literal torment but mental because spirits can't be tortured in any physical way since they don't possess physical bodies! smiley
So the torment means sending the devils out from their abode right? But Jesus did send them out of the man and again, the said the time of the torment has not come.

Matthew 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Jesus was clearly casting out demons out from their host yet the demons spoke of their torment as something that would take place in the future can't you see how deluded you are?

Any way atleast you can see that demons would be tormented in future and the only place we see that the devil who is the leaders of the demons is tormented is in Revelation when he is cast into the lake of fire.
From the scripture, it is clear that the demons would suffer same fate.
The word "Torment" is never used figuratively in the bible. Your conjured gibberish is dead on arrival.

It's the memories of all these persons that will forever continue to linger in the hearts of those that survived the destruction of evildoers. No literal torment after destruction!

God said:

They have built the high places of Toʹpheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinʹnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart.’ Jeremiah 7:31

Sorry Sir your teaching is unscriptural because torturing living creatures with fire has never come into the heart of the Holy One of Israel!

So what you are reading has a totally different interpretation to what you're thinking! Daniel 12:10 smiley
Repeating nonsense not found in the bible as usual.
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2022
Steep:
nonsense as usual explain yourself what are the different meaning of torment?
What is a non "literal-torment"? Give at least one way it is used? So the torment means sending the devils out from their abode right? But Jesus did send them out of the man and again, the said the time of the torment has not come.
Matthew 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
Jesus was clearly casting out demons out from their host yet the demons spoke of their torment as something that would take place in the future can't you see how deluded you are?
Any way atleast you can see that demons would be tormented in future and the only place we see that the devil who is the leaders of the demons is tormented is in Revelation when he is cast into the lake of fire.
From the scripture, it is clear that the demons would suffer same fate.
The word "Torment" is never used figuratively in the bible. Your conjured gibberish is dead on arrival. Repeating nonsense not found in the bible as usual.
It has not come to this my guy, if your beliefs differs from another person's that doesn't mean the other person is evil.
That's what i believe and it doesn't make me hate you! smiley
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by Steep(m): 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It has not come to this my guy, if your beliefs differs from another person's that doesn't mean the other person is evil.
That's what i believe and it doesn't make me hate you! smiley
what you believe is unscriptural. Not any where in the bible Jehovah false witness disorganization is decieving you flee and seek the truth, seek Jesus christ of Nazareth be sincerely pray to help you see the truth, he will answer you if you are sincere.

1 Like

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Steep:
what you believe is unscriptural. Not any where in the bible Jehovah false witness organization is decieved you flee and seek the truth, seek Jesus christ of Nazareth be sincerely pray to help you see the truth, he will answer you if you are sincere.
That's exactly what i believe about you as well!
You've been brainwashed with heresy and you don't know it but there's a way to settle this it can't be through arguing on interpretation of the scriptures that's not how Jesus beat the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis in the first century.
He presented vivid proof not just arguing on his own interpretation against theirs! smiley
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:37am On Jun 16, 2022
In the first century there were Jewish religious leaders vast in the scriptures and battle prepared to argue in support of their teachings {Mark 9:14-16} this people were able to turn millions of Jews against Jesus with their arguments {Matt 27:21-26} and till today 98% of Jews don't believe in Jesus of Nazareth!

What helped Jesus' disciples to figure out that Jesus' interpretation was the right one? Matt 16:16

Well it's because Jesus' interpretation was backed up with VIVID PROOF, Jesus wasn't just saying things that's far fetched rather everyone can see the progress in his WORKS {James 2:18-26} that's why the Jewish religious leaders themselves were disturbed despite the fact that it was difficult for Jesus to hold onto his disciples {John 6:61-66} this people still feel Jesus must die! John 7:1, 50-51

WHY?
Because they're convinced that with all the evidences before them this man from Nazareth have proved to be the promised Messiah (Christ) {John 3:2; 11:47} but they just don't want to loose their position in the Jewish society! John 11:48

So it's not by emotions Sir but vivid evidence that any interpretation can be established as the truth not through arguments on what is written in the scriptures because each person will present what he/she wants to build faith upon and the next thing is endless arguments!

That's why i said "instead of arguing on what each person feels is right, why not seek vivid proof to establish the truth?" Matthew 7:16-18
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by cornelboy(f): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
Steep:

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
It is written that some creatures would go into the lake of fire to be tormented but is there anywhere it is written that he'll and death would be tormented? No.

So why would hell and death be thrown into the lake of fire like other creatures?
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
I hope you're back with your senses with this analysis?

AntiChristian:

But I keep asking why does your God need an only/ begotten son?

But your allah has daughters, do you question the authors of Quran why does your allah needs daughters namely, Al-lat, Al-uzza and Al-manat?

AntiChristian:

And does his son had to shed blood and die for other's sin like ritualist?

Why does allah has to be giving millions of ram's blood annually? Is allah the same god of iron grin

AntiChristian:

A God that can send his son to be killed is not a worthy God na!

A deity (allah) that was watching his one and only messenger died from poisonous meat he ate in which people around his dead body abandoned him for three days thought his god will resurrect him is NOT a worthy God na!

AntiChristian:

A God that needs son to perform his duty is not all powerful!

A deity (allah) that needs Angel Jibril to perform his duty is NOT all powerful!

NOTE: Next time I take God beg you, stop thinking from your anus, always think from your brain

3 Likes

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by AntiChristian: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
michaelwestern:

That was because sin would have destroyed the world before the saviour (Jesus Christ) came. God had to use extreme measures to preserve the human race. It's like the death of one person saving millions.

Is there something God cannot do?

God has many options to protect the life of kids and animals. This your excuse no gel at all.
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by Steep(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
cornelboy:

So why would hell and death be thrown into the lake of fire like other creatures?
You have returned, back to my original question where was it written that hell and death would be tormented?
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by michaelwestern(m): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

God has many options to protect the life of kids and animals. This your excuse no gel at all.

Animals? Are you really questioning God over the death of animals?

About the children, they're with God now. Like I said, humanity had to be preserved and I believe that God choose the most effective option. Are you wiser than God?
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by AntiChristian: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
michaelwestern:

About the children, they're with God now. Like I said, humanity had to be preserved and I believe that God choose the most effective option. Are you wiser than God?

Why will i question God? But are you telling me God can't save those kids except to kill them?
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by cornelboy(f): 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Steep:

You have returned, back to my original question where was it written that hell and death would be tormented?
It was not written word for word that hell and death will both be tormented but it's explicitly seen from the book of revelations that Satan, the false prophet, those that worship the beast, hell, death etc will be thrown into the same lake of fire.

So why would hell a lifeless and unconscious entity be thrown into the lake of fire?
Also why would death which is abstract be thrown into the lake of fire?
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by cornelboy(f): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Your a Muslim. You should keep mute about these things.
You already know that whether someone dies as a kid or old man, it was predestined by your god.

Why would your god protect something he's predestined to die at a tender age?

2 Likes

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
cornelboy:

It was not written word for word that hell and death will both be tormented but it's explicitly seen from the book of revelations that Satan, the false prophet, those that worship the beast, hell, death etc will be thrown into the same lake of fire.

So why would hell a lifeless and unconscious entity be thrown into the lake of fire?
grin grin

The only word he can figure out is TORMENT! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by GoodIsGod: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
AntiChristian:
But I keep asking why does your God need an only/ begotten son?

And does his son had to shed blood and die for other's sin like ritualist?

A God that can send his son to be killed is not a worthy God na!

A God that needs son to perform his duty is not all powerful!

Steep, don't avoid this question.

Your reasoning stinks guy. You've not made an iota of sense. And you are so proud of yourself.

You post clearly defines you. grin
You are nothing but a fool
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by Steep(m): 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2022
cornelboy:

grin grin
Simple, it is stated that the devil and all who recieve the mark of the beast would be tormented in the lake of fire.
The lake of fire is not symbolical.
Jude compared the fire that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah to Judgment in the future.
Which of means one thing that the lake of fire is real just as the fire that destroy Sodom and Gomorrah was real otherwise Jude wouldn't have compared it. However, while Sodom and Gomorrah did not suffer eternal torment in the eternal fire, sinners will suffer eternal torment in the lake of fire.

But where was it written that death and hell will be tormented?
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by GoodIsGod: 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

Why will i question God? But are you telling me God can't save those kids except to kill them?

Those guys refered to as kids are not kids. They were of age. Research made it known they were old enough to know that what they were doing was right or wrong. They were vagabonds.

Jesus Christ called his disciples little children. Were they really children?

"Children have you caught any fish?"

Yoruba expression is different from Igbo or Hausa likewise Hebrew or Greek that were the initial language of the Bible.
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by GoodIsGod: 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
michaelwestern:

Many of these guys are mental patients. They found Nairaland as an avenue to display their madness. Engaging them most times is a waste of time
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by GoodIsGod: 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
cornelboy:

A judge could sentence someone to death but not torture him for eternity.

So you have never heard that someone was sentence to life imprisonment with hard labor before. (Toment) . If it was possible not to die then the hard labor is till eternity.

1 Like

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by GoodIsGod: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Lake of Fire symbolises complete annihilation but if it means a place of torment to you then whatever goes in there should be tormented too. According to God's word DEATH and HELL goes in there first even before any other thing {Revelations 20:14} so if others are going there to be tormented then DEATH and HELL goes there for the same purpose! wink

If you think Hell and Death are not beings that can not be tormented. Then, why should you believe they will die too. If they can't be burnt then, they can't die.

According to your logic
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by GoodIsGod: 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
AntiChristian:

His destiny is his lifetime......Do you want me to start explaining that to you here?

Jesus didn't die. So he will come back to complete his mission. His Book will be the Qu'ran. He will defeat the dajjal, fight you people of the cross,.....die and be buried as a Muslim.

You said Jesus didn't die. Who told you that, Mohamed that came hundreds of years after?
While his disciples that ate with him and were there when he was arrested and followed him all the way to Golgotha said he was crucified. His mother was at the foot of the cross weeping when Jesus said to one of His disciples *Mother watch your son, son watch your mother"
His disciples and His mother can't recognize the person on the cross.
It took Mohamed several hundreds of years to come and debunk it grin when his great grandmother and father were not even born when it all happened.

You guys are clowns .

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
GoodIsGod:

If you think Hell and Death are not beings that can not be tormented. Then, why should you believe they will die too. If they can't be burnt then, they can't die.
According to your logic

God never created anything with the prospect of dying rather everything He made was GOOD! Genesis 1:31

So it's either they continue working out as God intended or He destroy them. Now Satan was an angel just like the demons, Adam and Eve were also intelligent creatures made for God's pleasure, DEATH (inexistence) HELL (grave) have no place in God's arrangement that's why both will end up where rebels gave God a bad mood are! Reve 20:13-15 smiley
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 5:02am On Jun 17, 2022
GoodIsGod:

You said Jesus didn't die. Who told you that, Mohamed that came hundreds of years after?
While his disciples that ate with him and were there when he was arrested and followed him all the way to Golgotha said he was crucified. His mother was at the foot of the cross weeping when Jesus said to one of His disciples *Mother watch your son, son watch your mother"
It took Mohamed several hundreds of years to come and debunk it grin when his great grandmother and father were not even born when it all happened.

You guys are clowns .

Nonsense!

AntiChristian this is what Quran says about his death and resurrection. Stop thinking from your anus abeg

Quran 19:33

Muhammad Ahmed & Samira

And the security/peace (was) on me (on the) day I was born, and (the) day I die, and (the) day I be sent/resurrected/revived alive
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by AntiChristian: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2022
ANTIlSLAM:

AntiChristian this is what Quran says about his death and resurrection. Stop thinking from your anus abeg

Muhammad Ahmed & Samira

And the security/peace (was) on me (on the) day I was born, and (the) day I die, and (the) day I be sent/resurrected/revived alive

How many times will i tell you John said the same thing!

Qur'an 19:15. And Salamun (peace) be on him the day he was born, the day he dies, and the day he will be raised up to life (again)!

So did John die and resurrected too?

You just keep repeating your foolishness all the time. Well, i will answer you once in a month on this moniker.

1 Like

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by AntiChristian: 9:03am On Jun 17, 2022
GoodIsGod:

You guys are clowns .

Nonsense!

I don't think we are clowns! The real clowns are those who believe their God has a son and even sent the son as a ritual to save others He created.

Mark says:

“Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joseph, and Salome.

In Galilee these women had followed him and cared for his needs. Many other women who had come up with him to Jerusalem were also there”

Mark 15:40-41.

Matthew says something similar (Matthew 27:55-56).

Luke says:

“But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things”

[Luke 23:49].

John says:

“Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene”

[John 19:23].

John Fenton says: The disciples fled when Jesus was arrested, and even though Peter had followed him from afar to the courtyard of the high priest, we do not hear anything more about him, after he denied Jesus.

Matthew, Mark and Luke tell us that the witnesses to the crucifixion were women who had followed Jesus from Galilee to Jerusalem; they saw his burial and discovered the tomb empty on the Sunday morning, and they met Jesus after his resurrection.

The scholars commented on what John said about Mary, the mother of the Messiah, being present at the cross by saying: That is not possible at all, that the relatives and friends of Jesus would be allowed to stand near the cross.

Similarly, the Encyclopaedia Britannica says, commenting on the differences in the gospels concerning those who witnessed the crucifixion: We find in the (three) synoptic Gospels that only the women followed Jesus, and that the list which was written very carefully and in precise detail did not include his mother – and that they were watching from afar.

But in John, we find that his mother Mary stood with the two other Marys and the “beloved disciple” beneath the cross, and from that time, the beloved disciple took this story to his close friends.

At the same time, his mother does not appear in Jerusalem – according to the ancient texts – except just before the feast of Pentecost, when she is accompanied by his brothers (Acts 1:14).

End quote from Munaazarah bayna al-Islam wa’n-Nasraaniyyah [Debate between Islam and Christianity] (p. 107).

So, according to what your scripture says, none of the disciples of the Messiah were present at the crucifixion at all; rather those who were present were some of the women, although the Gospels differ as to their number and identity.
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by AntiChristian: 9:07am On Jun 17, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Those guys refered to as kids are not kids. They were of age. Research made it known they were old enough to know that what they were doing was right or wrong. They were vagabonds.

Jesus Christ called his disciples little children. Were they really children?

"Children have you caught any fish?"

Yoruba expression is different from Igbo or Hausa likewise Hebrew or Greek that were the initial language of the Bible.

Are you saying no kids and animals were killed unjustly in the Old testament?
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

So, according to what your scripture says, none of the disciples of the Messiah were present at the crucifixion at all; rather those who were present were some of the women, although the Gospels differ as to their number and identity.

So when Jesus saw his mother and the DISCIPLE whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother: “Woman, see! Your son!” Next he said to the disciple: “See! Your mother!” And from that hour on, the DISCIPLE took her into his own home. John 19:26-27 smiley
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by AntiChristian: 9:16am On Jun 17, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Your reasoning stinks guy. You've not made an iota of sense. And you are so proud of yourself.

You post clearly defines you. grin
You are nothing but a fool

And seeing what you wrote up there shows you are even more foolish than me!
Are you from the SE? Cos na them they abuse like this without responding to the message they crucify the messenger!
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by AntiChristian: 9:18am On Jun 17, 2022
cornelboy:

Your a Muslim. You should keep mute about these things.
You already know that whether someone dies as a kid or old man, it was predestined by your god.

Why would your god protect something he's predestined to die at a tender age?

And you are a Jehovah Witness. Why should i be mute? Everyone has his/her own destiny!
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

How many times will i tell you John said the same thing!

Qur'an 19:15. And Salamun (peace) be on him the day he was born, the day he dies, and the day he will be raised up to life (again)!

So did John die and resurrected too?

You just keep repeating your foolishness all the time. Well, i will answer you once in a month on this moniker.

So John is now the author of Quran? grin you've finish allah the author of Quran with your ignorance..

When is allah going to help you answering this question?

Muhammad Ahmed & Samira

WHO IS SPEAKING IN QURAN 19:33?

A. Muhammad

B. Allah

C. Jesus

D. Gabriel

E. None of the above
Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by GoodIsGod: 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

And seeing what you wrote up there shows you are even more foolish than me!
Are you from the SE? Cos na them they abuse like this without responding to the message they crucify the messenger!

I have always known you to be a fool by your posts and responses in order to ridicule christians.
It's not an insult saying the truth. You are a big fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? by cornelboy(f): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
GoodIsGod:

So you have never heard that someone was sentence to life imprisonment with hard labor before. (Toment) . If it was possible not to die then the hard labor is till eternity.
So you think a loving God would literally burn people in a fire?
What would he gain from that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clinically Dead 3-year Old Comes Back To Life, Saw Granny In Heaven! / Islam Versus Freemasons By Baba Ali Mustapha / David Ibiyeomie Gives His Staff Official Cars. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.