Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,141 members, 7,842,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (187741 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by pator(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
Gentiger:

The good thing about NPC issued birth certificate is that it's NEVER TURNED DOWN. Be informed it's only acceptable after authentication by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. That's the new condition. Ask them at NPC office located at Babs Animashaun if you live in Lagos to have a seperate confirmation to this. I was as Abuja in May to authenticate mine. The US consulate is getting so strict on Nigerians cos of the high level of corruption in the country. Goodluck.

Please my brother where is Babs Animashaun located?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
pator:

If you're resident in Lagos, Babs Animashaun is a popular street in Surulere Lagos because it also hosts NYSC camp site. The camp site in question almost shares the same fence with NPC.
To process your NPC certificate, follow these steps:

1. Go to a High Court and swear to an age declaration. Ensure that affidavit contains names of both parents and their places of birth. Those touts around the court premises will assist you type out the affidavit neatly. Let them know you need it at NPC.

2. Proceed to NPC office at Surulere if u live in lagos. Go with two passport photos, proof that you are a Nigerian such as National ID, international passport or Driver's License. Go also with your age declaration.

3. If you want express, pay N5k like I did in May or N2500 official fee, in which case you may wait a week or more to process. Express is 48hrs.

4. If you let them know you need it for embassy purposes, they will advise you right away to authenticate it. They will ask you for N10k to do it for you or you proceed to Abuja to do it yourself. I did mine myself.

4. At the Ministry of Foreign affairs, you will pay N2500 per document you need to authenticate, in which case, N5k, for the age declaration and the NPC birth attestation. They will affix the seal of the Federal government on the documents to show you didn't pick those documents from Alagbole. There is also an authorized signatory who signs above the seal.

I wish you well and goodluck!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gbabe2: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Gentiger.Nice one dude.All you wanted was to become an authority here and to hijack this session.The link you asked pple to view here is for another Visa issue (Swiss applicants and not DV visa lottery).My advice for u is that u still need to be under tutelage and not becoming a supposed expert or immigration lawyer.I didn't mean to be rude but its advisable u sit down,read and follow the thread and not becoming an authority yet.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by kennyGGG(f): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
pator:

By the way I expect the NPC cert to be an authority itself since normal birth certificate is even accepted in some cases.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
kennyGGG:

By the way I expect the NPC cert to be an authority itself since normal birth certificate is even accepted in some cases.

Well sadly my brother, anyone including none Nigerians can swear to an affidavit and procure a drivers licence, making procurement of NPC birth certificate a child's play. In my honest view, I believe this measure is in place to weed out individuals with fraudulent intent. Goodluck!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
Gbabe 2: @Gentiger.Nice one dude.All you wanted was to become an authority here and to hijack this session.The link you asked pple to view here is for another Visa issue (Swiss applicants and not DV visa lottery).My advice for u is that u still need to be under tutelage and not becoming a supposed expert or immigration lawyer.I didn't mean to be rude but its advisable u sit down,read and follow the thread and not becoming an authority yet.

My brother, I am willing to learn from you and anyone else which is why am here. I will rather be an authority in my legal field like the likes of Gani and Keyamo and not in DV lottery matters. If I have inputs to make which I consider useful to the general public, I will not hesitate to air it. Well, sorry if you felt threatened by my presence. It's a public forum, make your inputs and stop fighting over position. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
temmytanny:
I wish you the very best my brother. God is on your side.

Amen, my dear..
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
temmytanny:
I wish you the very best my brother. God is on your side.
Amen, my dear.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Bussyme: Have U checked b4 that said U were not selected but got notification recently through ur email. Pls explain
Well, i checked sometime in May, 2011 and wasnt selected and that was it!
I never bothered to check back, not even after i heard there was a programming error with the May selections.

Was very surprised when I got an email (13th July, 2012) to check my status - which i did and was surprised i was selected.
I didnt know if i should be happy or otherwise as the time left is more-or-less very close to the end of the fiscal year -30th Sept, 2012.

I need ppl with a similar experience to come tell if i stand a good chance to getting called up for an interview!

Case Number: 2012AF00015***
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
mogzy: @Tiwanna, Barry's phone has not been reachable since.

@Temmytanny, just learnt I could get the original documented birth cert at the General hospital in my area in Lagos.
What's your opinion?

Sir the number i wrote out on this forum for ​U̶̲̥̅̊ is authentic. I just tried it few minutes ago and it went through i even spoke to him. If ​U̶̲̥̅̊ can't reach him again like ​U̶̲̥̅̊ said just go to moscow rd. The office is after one nigerian journalist something. The painting is yellow and somehow old. it is not a necessity that ​U̶̲̥̅̊ need an appointment before ​U̶̲̥̅̊ go to the office. Just go there.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
jack_syno:
I never bothered to check back, not even after i heard there was a programming error with the May selections.

Was very surprised when I got an email (13th July, 2012) to check my status - which i did and was surprised i was selected.
I didnt know if i should be happy or otherwise as the time left is more-or-less very close to the end of the fiscal year -30th Sept, 2012.

I need ppl with a similar experience to come tell if i stand a good chance to getting called up for an interview!

There was a person like ​U̶̲̥̅̊ in www.forums.immigration.com under lottery visa with the topic MY WHOLE DV Experience and he came out successfully. He received an email from kcc also telling him to check his status on their website. The email also contained his confirmation number.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Tiwanna:

There was a person like ​U̶̲̥̅̊ in www.forums.immigration.com under lottery visa with the topic MY WHOLE DV Experience and he came out successfully. He received an email from kcc also telling him to check his status on their website. The email also contained his confirmation number.

OOOOOh Tiwanna, what can i do here without u? lolz..
You have been so resourceful..
I will be glad if this all turned out with a happy ending - just like it is always in Nollywood..lolz

I will be glad to know more about that person.. pls give me clues on how i can read thru his/her experience(s).
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
Tiwanna:

ooooooh tiwannan, the guy wasnt this close to the close/end of the fiscal year... lolz.

I need someone or some encounter with someone very close to the end of the fiscal year..
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2012
jack_syno:

ooooooh tiwannan, the guy wasnt this close to the close/end of the fiscal year... lolz.

I need someone or some encounter with someone very close to the end of the fiscal year..

My dear winning a visa is not about the time but about the preparation. most people go for interview on the first month and they get rejected, others go late with the fear of high case number and they succeed. I swear i have read somewhere in that forum of a person like ​U̶̲̥̅̊. If ​U̶̲̥̅̊ keep waiting for someone tell ​U̶̲̥̅̊ something ​U̶̲̥̅̊ mite loose confidence in this whole thing. God has given ​U̶̲̥̅̊ a wonderful opportunity here, use it wisely with faith. That's all i have to say.

3 Likes

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Leripa(m): 10:11am On Jul 31, 2012
Dv lottery 2012 winners, we are waiting for your testimonies ooooo. It is well.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by pauloman(m): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2012
jack_syno:

My friend that email message you said you received is a scam mail i can bet you that ! The organizers of the dvlottery does not send email notifications to selected dv lottery winners. So please take note ! You have to check with your confirmation number you got when you registered on their website to get any information that you have been selected at all
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2012
Leripa: Dv lottery 2012 winners, we are waiting for your testimonies ooooo. It is well.

@leripa is true where A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ the 2012 winners with there testimonies .
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman:

My friend that email message you said you received is a scam mail i can bet you that ! The organizers of the dvlottery does not send email notifications to selected dv lottery winners. So please take note ! You have to check with your confirmation number you got when you registered on their website to get any information that you have been selected at all

It may not be a scam. I am aware that some DV2012 winners got a mail from KCC which contains the confirmation ID used during registration, directing them to the entrant status check page. If this is his case, it may not be a scam.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2012
Gentiger:

It may not be a scam. I am aware that some DV2012 winners got a mail from KCC which contains the confirmation ID used during registration, directing them to the entrant status check page. If this is his case, it may not be a scam.
Am not sure about this yet thats why i havent made any comment about it. If he can use the code on KCC website and it confirms his winning status,then its true.

The guy in question musnt send money to any one. He should try to confirm if its actually the KCC website before he proceeds with his application
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman:

Guy, read the post well nau... Read before you bet and lose.
I was asked to check my status and i did and was selected.

The e-mail reads:

Dear Diversity Visa Program Entrant:
Our records indicate that you entered the 2012 Diversity lottery, but have not yet checked the status of your entry. We encourage you to check your status on the Entry Status Check website (http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/) as soon as possible to determine whether your entry has been selected for further processing.
You must have your confirmation number, LastName, and Year of Birth in order to check your status online.....

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
Tiwanna:

My dear winning a visa is not about the time but about the preparation. most people go for interview on the first month and they get rejected, others go late with the fear of high case number and they succeed. I swear i have read somewhere in that forum of a person like ​U̶̲̥̅̊. If ​U̶̲̥̅̊ keep waiting for someone tell ​U̶̲̥̅̊ something ​U̶̲̥̅̊ mite loose confidence in this whole thing. God has given ​U̶̲̥̅̊ a wonderful opportunity here, use it wisely with faith. That's all i have to say.

Tiwanna, Thanks so much... smiles. You making real sense.
I surely will come back here to share my Testimony! LOLZ..
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
Gentiger:

Leave that guy alone who could not even read well to see that i said
the email simply encouraged for me to check my status and not that the email stated i won.

It was after i checked my status with the necessary requirements that i realised i was selected for further processing.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
I de church de pray for everybody. Receive Чuя blessings in jesus name amen.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman:

They did send notification to people Who played the dv2012 lottery because they realised that most people that checked and didn't win in may didn't check back in july draw(the second draw) and they must have tossed out there confirmation number. That's why they sent out the email to participants of the dvlottery that won in the second draw to check their status on the entrant status page. It would have been a scam if it where written in the mail that he won. But it wasn't written in the mail, but rather they asked him to check his status on the dv page.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
Tiwanna: I de church de pray for everybody. Receive Чuя blessings in jesus name amen.
Lolz... Amen o!!!!!!!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Leripa(m): 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
Tiwanna: I de church de pray for everybody. Receive Чuя blessings in jesus name amen.
Amen my pastor...lol
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by roodboy: 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
Gentiger:

If you're resident in Lagos, Babs Animashaun is a popular street in Surulere Lagos because it also hosts NYSC camp site. The camp site in question almost shares the same fence with NPC.
To process your NPC certificate, follow these steps:

1. Go to a High Court and swear to an age declaration. Ensure that affidavit contains names of both parents and their places of birth. Those touts around the court premises will assist you type out the affidavit neatly. Let them know you need it at NPC.

2. Proceed to NPC office at Surulere if u live in lagos. Go with two passport photos, proof that you are a Nigerian such as National ID, international passport or Driver's License. Go also with your age declaration.

3. If you want express, pay N5k like I did in May or N2500 official fee, in which case you may wait a week or more to process. Express is 48hrs.

4. If you let them know you need it for embassy purposes, they will advise you right away to authenticate it. They will ask you for N10k to do it for you or you proceed to Abuja to do it yourself. I did mine myself.

4. At the Ministry of Foreign affairs, you will pay N2500 per document you need to authenticate, in which case, N5k, for the age declaration and the NPC birth attestation. They will affix the seal of the Federal government on the documents to show you didn't pick those documents from Alagbole. There is also an authorized signatory who signs above the seal.

I wish you well and goodlu

Many thanx jare for ur info...I knw the babs animashun you are talking abt...I'm planing too go there ds week...my question is > ashld let them knw that I nd it for embassy purpose? And are you staying at lagos?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by pauloman(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
Tiwanna:

They did send notification to people Who played the dv2012 lottery because they realised that most people that checked and didn't win in may didn't check back in july draw(the second draw) and they must have tossed out there confirmation number. That's why they sent out the email to participants of the dvlottery that won in the second draw to check their status on the entrant status page. It would have been a scam if it where written in the mail that he won. But it wasn't written in the mail, but rather they asked him to check his status on the dv page.

well i guess they changed the procedure then. Congrats to you my friend !
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
jack_syno:

Leave that guy alone who could not even read well to see that i said
the email simply encouraged for me to check my status and not that the email stated i won.

It was after i checked my status with the necessary requirements that i realised i was selected for further processing.

You may still make it thru the period especially if you have already sent your forms to KCC. Keep your eyes glued to your email for invitation to interview. I await your testimony. Goodluck
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
rood boy:

Many thanx jare for ur info...I knw the babs animashun you are talking abt...I'm planing too go there ds week...my question is > ashld let them knw that I nd it for embassy purpose? And are you staying at lagos?

Let them know you need it for US lottery visa. Ask if there's a need to authenticate. Follow thru with their counsel. If you read thru my previous posts on this, you may see a genuine need to authenticate. Goodluck!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
pauloman:

well i guess they changed the procedure then. Congrats to you my friend !

sir, this procedure happen only in dv2012.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by mogzy(m): 7:52am On Aug 01, 2012
Tiwanna:

Sir the number i wrote out on this forum for ​U̶̲̥̅̊ is authentic. I just tried it few minutes ago and it went through i even spoke to him. If ​U̶̲̥̅̊ can't reach him again like ​U̶̲̥̅̊ said just go to moscow rd. The office is after one nigerian journalist something. The painting is yellow and somehow old. it is not a necessity that ​U̶̲̥̅̊ need an appointment before ​U̶̲̥̅̊ go to the office. Just go there.

Thanks Tiwanna, I saw Barry yesterday.

@Jack_Syno, I guess we are having similar case. I got the mail too and couldn't even recollected that I ever entered for the DV2012.
Well of course I did but I don't put such in my mind neither do I check or follow up after entry. If not for the link attached in the mail I wouldn't have been able to obtain my confirmation because it went away with my former official laptop. I returned those forms just last week Thursday. my case No: 2012AF00007*** maybe that's what you guys call low case no.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (92)

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.