Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work (820 Views)

A Gambian's Perspective On Nigeria After Visiting Lagos And Abuja / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by Kyna3: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello hello!,

I hope you are doing well,

Due business reasons, I will be visiting Lagos in a couple of months. I am already aware I need to have my yellow fever certificate and also apply for visa and such.

However, I wanted to ask for some tips/recommendations/Do's and Don'ts in Lagos as a woman and if there are certain culture rules I should be aware of ?

The company I work for already told me that due security reasons, I should not be going out even to have dinner and to try to stay at the hotel as much as possible, however, I do like to do shopping, especially when I am abroad and in a place I have never been. Any online store recommendation would be amazing too.

In my country, it is very normal to smile at people just because, is this also normal in Nigeria? or could I be sending the wrong message?

Any tip is very welcome!

Thank you!
Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by bmdmix10: 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyna3:
Hello hello!,

Due business reasons, I will be visiting Lagos in a couple of months. I am already aware I need to have my yellow fever certificate and also apply for visa and such.

However, I wanted to ask for some tips/recommendations/Do's and Don'ts in Lagos as a woman and if there are certain culture rules I should be aware of ?

The company I work for already told me that due security reasons, I should not be going out even to have dinner and to try to stay at the hotel as much as possible, however, I do like to do shopping, especially when I am abroad and in a place I have never been. Any online store recommendation would be amazing too.

In my country, it is very normal to smile at people just because, is this also normal in Nigeria? or could I be sending the wrong message?

Any tip is very welcome!

Thank you!

be going out during day, stay close to home @ night.
Go out with somone u know or recommended by d company n don't interact with new faces, just do business n have little controlled fun.

The security in d country is getting out of hand.

Visit shop rite for shopping n fun

2 Likes

Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by Damscodammy1(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
U re welcome.Buy sometin cum o
Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by TheSourcerer: 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyna3:
Hello hello!,

Any tip is very welcome!

Thank you!

Smile Yes , know your circle ,protect your circle , you'll flow in well , and also don't be too cautious ,Afraid The Average Nigerian will want you as safe as the next one.
Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by Nostradamus1: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyna3:
Hello hello!,

However,I wanted to ask for some tips/recommendations/Do's and Don'ts in Lagos as a woman and if there are certain culture rules I should be aware of ?The company I work for already told me that due security reasons,I should not be going out even to have dinner and to try to stay at the hotel as much as possible, however,I do like to do shopping,especially when I am abroad and in a place I have never been.Any online store recommendation would be amazing too.
In my country,it is very normal to smile at people just because, is this also normal in Nigeria? or could I be sending the wrong message? Any tip is very welcome!
Thank you!
Caucasian ko , ekuke ni. Try and improve your writing. Spend more time researching ur silly question.
E go beta my gee
Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by ednut1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
Scammer looking boys to scam lol
Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by Nozino: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nostradamus1:

Caucasian ko , ekuke ni. Try and improve your writing. Spend more time researching ur silly question.
E go beta my gee

English isn’t the official language for a lot of people. A lot of white people can’t speak or write English.
Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by Kyna3: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2022
Nozino:

English isn’t the official language for a lot of people. A lot of white people can’t speak or write English.

Correct! I am European non English native, so I apologize for any grammar mistake.
Re: Caucasian Female Visiting Lagos Due Work by Kyna3: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2022
ednut1:
Scammer looking boys to scam lol

I am sorry, how would I scam someone by asking where to buy things? or asking for safety tips. I am not crazy enough to even considering meeting a stranger in a stranger country in which I am not even able to blend in the crowd to be safe.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Yellow Card In The Airport? / ARABS: Most Friendly and Accomodating ever / 21 Ways To Live Luxury If You Win The $1.02 Billion Mega Millions Jackpot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.