Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss (12096 Views)

How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? / How To Deal With That Annoying Co-worker / Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Halogenabdul(m): 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
ReventifyCV:

https://reventify.com/how-to-deal-with-an-incompetent-boss/
What is your definition of an Incompetent or Toxic boss.?
Haven worked under different people, I have come to realize that we put our mistakes aside and focus on a bosses errors, incompetences and also takes somethings personal.
Being and working professionally, following the company polices to best of your capability, proper communication and due respect accorded would even make a toxic boss respect you.

If you ask me, I would say, it's how you want to be treated in a work place you would be treated. Either by your boss or your colleagues.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Prettyclown: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
Very true...
FERNANDEZISBACK:
If you find yourself frustrated with an incompetent boss it is likely because you have experience that they lack...

It is important to swallow your pride and share your experience and knowledge without rubbing it in their face...
Share the information that this boss needs to grow into their role and you’ll become their ally and confidant... wink
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by GboyegaD(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
If you find yourself frustrated with an incompetent boss it is likely because you have experience that they lack...

It is important to swallow your pride and share your experience and knowledge without rubbing it in their face...
Share the information that this boss needs to grow into their role and you’ll become their ally and confidant... wink

Sometimes, it could be because someone on the team is rubbishing others effort and since the boss isn't knowledgeable, s/he tends to believe whatever s/he's told by the person s/he feels is loyal to her/him.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by gulfer: 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
What about, "how to deal with incompetent government and prevent another one from taking over'....... cool cool cool cool cool
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by DenreleDave(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2022
Chidi2022:

it will never be well with my mother...she will not benefit from me and my siblings...Do you know my mother was laying with other men on her matrimonial bed which caused my useless father's death
, so allow me kill her if i want.
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by blacknoir: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Explain how I embarrassed him/her.

This is your statement

Very easy

1. Propose a good idea for the company. (He/she will definitely steal and pass it off as his/hers. Na their way.)

2. Give him/her half-baked info on the project. Allow them to confidently embarrass themselves and expose how daft they are before the directors. grin

3. Now that the project is out, someone MUST fix it abi? This is where you swoop in and clean his/her mess and look good before the directors. wink

Watch promotion/salary raise loading for you plus witchcraft and increased hatred from the now subdued boss... But do you really care?? grin grin

Note: This move works for only smart people who truly know their onions. Dumb people just bow to the toxic boss, don't bother.
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by deebrownneymar: 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
So na advert be this. Nonsense! Meanwhile the head of my department told my supervisor that I’m smarter than he is in our presence. Lwkmd!!!
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by VeryWickedMan: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
blacknoir:

This is your statement

Very easy

1. Propose a good idea for the company. (He/she will definitely steal and pass it off as his/hers. Na their way.)

2. Give him/her half-baked info on the project. Allow them to confidently embarrass themselves and expose how daft they are before the directors. grin

3. Now that the project is out, someone MUST fix it abi? This is where you swoop in and clean his/her mess and look good before the directors. wink

Watch promotion/salary raise loading for you plus witchcraft and increased hatred from the now subdued boss... But do you really care?? grin grin

Note: This move works for only smart people who truly know their onions. Dumb people just bow to the toxic boss, don't bother.

See why I said this is for smart people only? You are obviously dumb so please don't use my method.

Thanks.
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by blacknoir: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

See why I said this is for smart people only? You are obviously dumb so please don't use my method.

Thanks.
Okay thank you very smart person. It's obvious you are jobless and has never worked anywhere
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Bbbw: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
Oh
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by philosophie: 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

is it just about sharing ideas, do they even give a fvck about these employees
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Cousin9999: 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Prepare for a lawsuit.
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by CrazyMan(m): 9:11am On Jun 15, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

No Nigerian boss would humble himself to listen to the shared knowledge of a supposed subordinate regardless of how clean and harmless your intentions are.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by ExArmyMan(m): 9:30am On Jun 15, 2022
Chidi2022:
Enjoy it while it last since you don't have sense at 35....
This is a guy parading a female on this forum and scamming innocent nairalanders.
His former moniker Missbksoul was banned, he scammed someone here of 200k last year, now he has registered another moniker to dupe unsuspecting Nairalanders.
We're working with the relevant authorities to track him soon.
Please beware of this moniker and ignore whatever he says.
His aim is to come here and defraud people of their hard earn money
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Chidi2022: 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
ExArmyMan:

This is a guy parading a female on this forum and scamming innocent nairalanders.
His former moniker Missbksoul was banned, he scammed someone here of 200k last year, now he has registered another moniker to dupe unsuspecting Nairalanders.
We're working with the relevant authorities to track him soon.
Please beware of this moniker and ignore whatever he says.
His aim is to come here and defraud people of their hard earn money
The same lack of sense that made Nigeria Army to send you away, is still pushing you around, it will still push you to your doom.. fool...Do you know how many people i know off nairaland? even the ones that have seen me? Oni opolo...tell your mother i said she should go to hell...
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by GeorgeThePoet(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
Chidi2022:
The same lack of sense that made Nigeria Army to send you away, is still pushing you around, it will still push you to your doom.. fool...Do you know how many people i know off nairaland? even the ones that have seen me? Oni opolo...tell your mother i said she should go to hell...
mynd44 Seun Dominique Justwise OAM4J Lalasticlala rule 2

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obiano Raises Anambra Workers’ Salaries By 15 Per Cent / Fear Of Sacking Hits NDLEA, Code Of Conduct Bureau, Others / 9 Undeniable Facts About Working In A Nigerian Office By Nkem Ndem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.