Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss (12092 Views)

How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? / How To Deal With That Annoying Co-worker / Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by ReventifyCV: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2022
Everyone has in one way, or another worked with an incompetent boss in their life, In fact, over 76 percent say their boss is TOXIC. From pompous bosses, who think they are above mistakes to the ones that make you feel incompetent, bosses are as inept as they come. Now, don’t get me wrong, there are good bosses, exceptional ones, but when you meet a tyrant in a leadership position that affects your productivity, how do you deal with the situation? In most cases, incompetent bosses are pompous leaders who don’t care about what people think and are full of themselves.

While it can drive you crazy working with an incompetent boss, it affects your mental, emotional, and performance level in the office. However, before we job at the conclusion regarding your boss, what makes a boss incompetent?

Are you frustrated with the incompetent boss and want to change the job? Create your CV today with the No.1 CV Maker in Nigeria at Reventify.

7 strategies for dealing with incompetent boss:
1. Observe before you speak out
2. Take the mantle of responsibility
3. Focus on your job
4. Do not take their actions to heart.
5. Open a channel of communication with your boss.
6. Document and report to a higher authority
7. Leave, quit, resign or get a new job

The following tips help you block out all negative energy and push through an uncomfortable situation. However, if you have tried all you could, it is best to leave to maintain your sanity and enjoy peace of mind.
https://reventify.com/how-to-deal-with-an-incompetent-boss/

7 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by sukkot: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
its a good topic. too many incompetent jackass bosses in naija

6 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by SIMONEKPA7: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
smiley
TRY GET A NEW JOB BEACUSE THOSE BOSSES NO LIKE SABI SABI

13 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by alphaconde(m): 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
I no fit work for oga wey i no go fit beat

8 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by NotoriousBiggyS: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
They best way to deal with an incompetent boss is to leave him for another boss

5 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
If you find yourself frustrated with an incompetent boss it is likely because you have experience that they lack...

It is important to swallow your pride and share your experience and knowledge without rubbing it in their face...
Share the information that this boss needs to grow into their role and you’ll become their ally and confidant... wink

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Khaysee: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
A good leader leads right
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Promoter2: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nice article.

Check out my siggy to study in the UK.
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by STEWpid(f): 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
Especially in small private organizations; they're just too wayward.

Anyway, just accept it that "it's your fault looking for a job in the first place." Most Nigerian bosses are less humans.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by DenreleDave(m): 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
grin grin

You can deal with an incompetent boss when you have another job offer...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Obyino: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Don't vote an incompetent boss

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by VeryWickedMan: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Very easy

1. Propose a good idea for the company. (He/she will definitely steal and pass it off as his/hers. Na their way.)

2. Give him/her half-baked info on the project. Allow them to confidently embarrass themselves and expose how daft they are before the directors. grin

3. Now that the project is out, someone MUST fix it abi? This is where you swoop in and clean his/her mess and look good before the directors. wink

Watch promotion/salary raise loading for you plus witchcraft and increased hatred from the now subdued boss... But do you really care?? grin grin

Note: This move works for only smart people who truly know their onions. Dumb people just bow to the toxic boss, don't bother.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Donvictor2015: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
Buy 48 laws of power by Robert Greene. Read and apply it on your boss
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by harmargedon: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
[s][/s]
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by ismaog4u(m): 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
this is critical topic, some incompetent boss ready to lean. what matter most is ... a boss is boss no matter how whom he/she is .. try to be submissive and politely in correcting him if need arises.....

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Elderllyoungman: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
D
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by President2001(m): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
Your No 5 is out of it this my boss any information you pass to him or hear about you he will not ask or tell you but he will be telling people and used it against you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Antoeni(m): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
The Best is Just to Resign. Other Wise He Will Corrupt your thinking and make you less productive

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Akerele44(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
The best way is to mind ur business and do whatever he asked u to do...don't overdo as in na be sabi pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by whomovemycheese: 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Knowing people and how to deal with them is very important.

Are you into farming, storage or transportation of agro products. Please fill out this form below provided to help us create an app with good user experience for you.

https://forms.gle/oW6fyf5aLpFDWYxGA

Just 2 minutes to fill. Thanks
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Hambivert: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
The best way to deal with an incompetent boss who doesn'tllisten to advice is by sparogatively allowing them to realise their error after gently advising them on the best option to no avail.
In simple words, allow them to fail, but only when it would be of no cost to you.

Fly wey no gree hear word go follow dead body enter grave.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Step up to the plate.

Be a mentor.

Stay focused on your work.

Ask your colleagues for help.

Make a record of your interactions.

Take care of your health.

If worse comes to worse : Resign.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by blacknoir: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by blacknoir: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Very easy

1. Propose a good idea for the company. (He/she will definitely steal and pass it off as his/hers. Na their way.)

2. Give him/her half-baked info on the project. Allow them to confidently embarrass themselves and expose how daft they are before the directors. grin

3. Now that the project is out, someone MUST fix it abi? This is where you swoop in and clean his/her mess and look good before the directors. wink

Watch promotion/salary raise loading for you plus witchcraft and increased hatred from the now subdued boss... But do you really care?? grin grin

Note: This move works for only smart people who truly know their onions. Dumb people just bow to the toxic boss, don't bother.
Well this only works in a good company that rewards ur input ,if u try this in some government agencies u might even get fired or the boss u embarrassed might even make sure u are transferred to another part of the country
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by chukkystar(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Work with the mentality that if it doesn't work out, You move on. Don't slave for a Narcissist, You will regret it. Always make sure you have multiple strings of income

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
Will that be really achieved? Talking the talk is easy but Working the work is not easy..........
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by VeryWickedMan: 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
blacknoir:

Well this only works in a good company that rewards ur input ,if u try this in some government agencies u might even get fired or the boss u embarrassed might even make sure u are transferred to another part of the country

Explain how I embarrassed him/her.
Re: How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss by Chidi2022: 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
DenreleDave:
grin grin

it will never be well with my mother...she will not benefit from me and my siblings...Do you know my mother was laying with other men on her matrimonial bed which caused my useless father's death
, so allow me kill her if i want..
Enjoy it while it last since you don't have sense at 35....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obiano Raises Anambra Workers’ Salaries By 15 Per Cent / Fear Of Sacking Hits NDLEA, Code Of Conduct Bureau, Others / 9 Undeniable Facts About Working In A Nigerian Office By Nkem Ndem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.