Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) (40668 Views)

Igboho, Wife Look Pale In Cotonou Court – Eyewitness / How The Hausa/Yoruba Clash In Shasha Market, Ibadan Started - Eyewitness (Video) / Nigerian Soldier Flaunts His Voter's Card, Says He Will Vote For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Neduzze5(m): 12:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
The voter's card registration in Port Harcourt is currently suffering a serious setback as little or no centres were provided for Nigerians hoping to exercise their electoral rights in the forthcoming 2023 general elections.

The crowd over here at the Independent National Electoral Commission office in Port Harcourt is currently overwhelming with a lot of people being denied entry into the premises for lack of manpower.

This is despite the promise of the INEC chairman to deploy additional materials, equipment, centres and staff to states in the South East and South South regions.

It almost began to turn into a fracas as spirited Nigerian youths decided that no one would go out or enter into the premises of the office until they allowed them in.

It took the efforts of armed personnel to disperse the crowd before the gates could be opened up for cars and human beings to go out.

We call on INEC Nigeria to with immediate effect live up to their promise to avoid disenfranchising Nigerians most of whom are youths and who wish to exercise their rights in voting their preferred candidates.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Clintifydan(m): 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
I swear the are just but one registration centre in port harcourt cry cry cry and inec have the guts to set deadline

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nice one
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Urheadmaster(m): 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Clintifydan:
I swear the are just but one registration centre in port harcourt cry cry cry and inec have the guts to set deadline

Relax, i know inec will shift the deadline.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Urheadmaster(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Why is it that all the promises the leaders promised Nigerians always a "Scam"

11 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Clintifydan(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Relax, i know inec will shift the deadline.

Time is no one's friend.. after gasping to get the temporary one.. when will they print the original card to be ready for collection?

24 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Cypress042(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
After noticing the huge crowd there i jeje went home cool
INEC should do something about it please.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
Sai Obi, 2023, Labor Party

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by zionmde: 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
Cypress042:
After noticing the huge crowd there i jeje went home cool

INEC should do something about it please.
Please if you are ready to vote with a good conscience, don't relent in getting ur PVC. It's your say in the nation's affairs

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by 3ple9iner: 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
Clintifydan:
Since last year that registration began did you make any attempt? When deadline don near una con dey run.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Cypress042(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
zionmde:

Please if you are ready to vote with a good conscience, don't relent in getting ur PVC. It's your say in the nation's affairs
Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Clintifydan(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
3ple9iner:

Since last year that registration began did you make any attempt? When deadline don near una con dey run.

pvc or no pvc we know how to handle our pooling unit

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by PlayerMeji: 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
This is a classic case of DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE especially things written by weed people.

Going by the narrations of these people in Alaba Market in Lagos, they claimed they were attacked by Yoruba people while they were trying to grab their PVCs as if Yoruba ganged up against them.

This is Rivers State, the same kind of crowd which overstretched the staff at the registration center in Alaba, Lagos which brought about the chaos and fracas in the center in Alaba has also brought about chaos in Port Harcourt...

Now, what will they CLAIM HAPPENED HERE

Is it that Yoruba people have paid the staff here in Port Harcourt not to allow them get their PVCS or what..?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by EmekaMD(m): 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
INEC has demonstrated lack of capacity to entertain millions of Nigerians who wish to obtain their PVC yet it is always the first to ask people to go andresgister.

Come on now INEC

11 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Reallysimple: 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
Like someone said on Twitter voters registration is covertly one way to disenfranchise the south.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by AmazingELixir: 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
grin cheesy grin

Ok, are those guys gathered there Obi_dient...Biafra people will not kill us..

2 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by SensualMan1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
Good one. PH indigenes and Rivers people are obeying the clarion call. Very OBIdient people!

Nigeria is all we have, let the citizens be OBIdient, cos OBIdience is better than sacrifice.
Let us vote the JAGABAN of a New Nigeria!

On Asiwaju Peter Abubakar Obi Mandate We Stand Gidigba!

22 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Since all this years why didn’t you guys register ? Una like dying minutes doings normally

2 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Winters23: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
cool
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by lonelydora: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
You guys should endure. It is well

I am happy more people are now interested in the political process of Nigeria.

We must get it right in 2023.

Vote for Peter Obi. I am "Obidient"

16 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Crixxx: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
People have already left but still everywhere choke. People are wiser now
You should have gone in the morning, you won't even be able to capture the fence.

9 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by DSC7: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
I observed that most of the southern States does not have functioning Inec Registration centers,,,...

12 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Preferito(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
Seeing people come out to get their voter's card with the intention of voting is really encouraging. We all need to be major stakeholders in choosing who becomes what. Let it not end in collecting alone. Let us also endeavor to cast our votes no matter how long we stay on the queue.

3 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
Crixxx:
Everywhere choke. People are wiser now
people are wiser by registering in dying minutes? Think am again !
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by kaludestiny10(m): 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
This is a deliberate attempt by INEC led by a Northerner to disenfranchise Southerners from exercising their civic duty in the forth coming general election.

7 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Crixxx: 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
Clintifydan:
Its frustrating for pH residents
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by 40fy: 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2022

**Skibo!!

**I'm not cool with that!! angry

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Winters23: 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
3ple9iner:

There was no motivation then, now there's one grin

13 Likes

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Crixxx: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Clintifydan:
Its frustrating for pH residents. A friend told me so too. He went in the morning and couldn't do it was asked to return the next day.

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by MrHighSea: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
They should go to nearby communities, PVC process is easier there. They can process and collect in the villages but vote at the polling unit nearest their place of abode.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Usman Danbabo Dies After Robbers Attacked Him (Photos) / Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum / Presidency Plotting To Scheme Tinubu Out Of APC Hierarchy – Yakasai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.