Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) (40713 Views)

Igboho, Wife Look Pale In Cotonou Court – Eyewitness / How The Hausa/Yoruba Clash In Shasha Market, Ibadan Started - Eyewitness (Video) / Nigerian Soldier Flaunts His Voter's Card, Says He Will Vote For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Christistruth00: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Clintifydan:
I swear the are just but one registration centre in port harcourt cry cry cry and inec have the guts to set deadline

Where have you been since and why are you just complaining now

Why didn’t you complain 6 months ago ?
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Christistruth00: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
AmazingELixir:
grin cheesy grin

Ok, are those guys gathered there Obi_dient...Biafra people will not kill us..

They are Obidient at the moment but may return to Biafra after Elections

Simon Ekpa’s boys are still in the SE bush promising Elections will not hold

They behave so Childish on Political issues not to talk of the innocent People they murdered and even Cannibalised in the name of Politics

And those ones murderers must be served Justice
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by ufuosman(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
Inec no serious I swr
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
Why can't inec allow private individual engage in PVC registration just like it is done in NIN, thus you sign up they accredit your center then you can register or still emply adhoc staff to add more work force.

I don't want to lose one single vote base on say he/she no register
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Why is it that all the promises the leaders promised Nigerians always a "Scam"

Government is scam. VOTE PETER OBI for a new government and new Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoDrtjin7w4
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by yetunsbay(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
SensualMan1:
Good one. PH indigenes and Rivers people are obeying the clarion call. Very OBIdient people!

Nigeria is all we have, let the citizens be OBIdient, cos OBIdience is better than sacrifice.
Let us vote the JAGABAN of a New Nigeria!

On Asiwaju Peter Abubakar Obi Mandate We Stand Gidigba!
u mean [/b]kolanut[b] in Yoruba language ?
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by 3ple9iner: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
tenpipsperday:

There was no need for that since there was no credible candidate but now we have one in the name of Peter Obi. Are you surprised by the surge? It is because Peter Obi has joined the race. My vote is for him.

I am a Yoruba boy BTW.

Well you shouldn't make it seem like INEC is trying to disenfranchise people. I too haven't collected my PVC even though I have registered online since last year.

Well u don't have anyone in mind to vote for
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by ufotunang: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2022
INEC wants to disenfranchised the south. But north are registering and collecting their PVC easily without much problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
kaludestiny10:
This is a deliberate attempt by INEC led by a Northerner to disenfranchise Southerners from exercising their civic duty in the forth coming general election.
In North we don't witness that because we registered as at when due, Nobody brainwash us not to collect PVC. We know from onset that election is coming and we have prepared for it. Pls is not INEC disenfranchise u is u yourself that wait for die minutes. Is it not in the south there people beat INEC officials and destroyed their materials that they don't want to have PVC? INEC is even considerate if not they won't open any registeration center in those places again.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Babaken(m): 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Why is it that all the promises the leaders promised Nigerians always a "Scam"
because their party APC are the real scammers.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by PearlTV: 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
INEC needs to recruit more people to help with the registration
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Focusmind: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
You hardly hear this kind of thing in the north. Every where is registration center. I heard something today on Nigerian info FM this afternoon. An INEC registration machine was brought down from Adamawa state to Lagos to register some indigen of Adamawa that are residents in Lagos.

The citizens of the state are expected to travel back to Adamawa during election to vote. The machine cannot be used to register any other voter except people from Adamawa state.

Chukwudi of Nigerian info shock sef when the caller narrated this story in his area. That the machine is currently in his area in Lagos, registering only Adamawa state indigens.

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by IDIOTmoderators: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Relax, i know inec will shift the deadline.

Are you inec spokes person?
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by EmekaMD(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
sokera:
you are actually wrong , registration started over 2 years ago and people didn’t take it serious because one Albino was telling them no no Biafra no election … INEC set deadline for registration and the dead line past and they have extended it again so don’t blame INEC , blame the man in DSS detention for deceiving the people
yeah but now that people have shown interest that register, it is in INECs best interest to let as much people as possible register. Send more machines and stop paying lips services.

And you think voter apathy in the past had anything to do with Kanu? you must be a joke. Has Kanu changed his position now? has he encouraged people to vote now?
People didn’t see the need to vote in the past because they didn’t have options that was worth closing down their businesses to get PVCs for.

Peter Obi chnaged all that. People believe that his candidacy is worth the efforts

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by kaludestiny10(m): 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Very well said, but two wrongs don't make a right. I admit that over here in the South, that my people have this l don't care attitude towards national issues, but now that people are beginning to see the need to get their PVC, INEC should on their own part, encourage the people by providing more machines and manpower for the exercise.
Abdulmumin412:

In North we don't witness that because we registered as at when due, Nobody brainwash us not to collect PVC. We know from onset that election is coming and we have prepared for it. Pls is not INEC disenfranchise u is u yourself that wait for die minutes. Is it not in the south there people beat INEC officials and destroyed their materials that they don't want to have PVC? INEC is even considerate if not they won't open any registeration center in those places again.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Ajalekoko76(m): 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Online registration began june, 2021 and quiet number of people responded to the registration. It is an obligation which people and especially youths supposed key into but failed to. It should be noted that INEC has time table / schedule and no one should hold country into Ransome or distort electioneering process. It is our usual character of non chalant way doing things and pls allow those who key into the system to exercise their franchise. It is an obligation no one will question or charge you for not voting in 2023. Let those believer in Nigeria ARTICULATE and those who don't Obidently stay home. No room for Jagbajantis.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by 3seriez(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
But this CVR has been going on since June , 2021. I went and Did mine around August last year, no queue or hassles. Nigerians can be stubborn though.

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by skales67(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
PlayerMeji:
This is a classic case of DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE especially things written by weed people.

Going by the narrations of these people in Alaba Market in Lagos, they claimed they were attacked by Yoruba people while they were trying to grab their PVCs as if Yoruba ganged up against them.

This is Rivers State, the same kind of crowd which overstretched the staff at the registration center in Alaba, Lagos which brought about the chaos and fracas in the center in Alaba has also brought about chaos in Port Harcourt...

Now, what will they CLAIM HAPPENED HERE

Is it that Yoruba people have paid the staff here in Port Harcourt not to allow them get their PVCS or what..?

Yes!

One of Tinubu's minions must have handed some dollars to the INEC management there in order o frustrate the registration exercise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Aboguede(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
Igbo population in pH is 50%

Sadly 90% of the people's there are hustling to be able to collect 5 or 10k on voting day
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by mauchiz: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
This is another strategy to make sure we don't vote,
If you go to north ,inec has centers all over the place.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by pacespot(m): 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2022
But how do we stop the issue of underaged voters in the North is the crux of this election? I see many little boys being registered to vote in some places in the North, the INEC official could not stop them as her life was threatened when she tried to, she alleged.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
New voters can register online and pick a date for thumb printing.

https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/Home/start
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by sokera: 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
EmekaMD:
yeah but now that people have shown interest that register, it is in INECs best interest to let as much people as possible register. Send more machines and stop paying lips services.

And you think voter apathy in the past had anything to do with Kanu? you must be a joke. Has Kanu changed his position now? has he encouraged people to vote now?
People didn’t see the need to vote in the past because they didn’t have options that was worth closing down their businesses to get PVCs for.

Peter Obi chnaged all that. People believe that his candidacy is worth the efforts
the only thing different is that another Igbo man is leading the Igbo youths , they shock you guys will get ..

1 Like

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Kristinnee(f): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
You're very correct. I went to Emohua LGA INEC office to register and the process was seamless. it's just a 100 naira cab ride from Choba. It will really help decongest other INEC offices in town if people could make use of neighbouring LGA's INEC offices
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by kingmsookwagh(m): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
Just Imagine fa! Like it's a privilege..

Nigeria!
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by EmekaMD(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
sokera:
the only thing different is that another Igbo man is leading the Igbo youths , they shock you guys will get ..
ok bye. i thought i was having a genuine conversation with someone but you’re here for ethnic trolling. go search for your mates. them plenty here. im not one of you
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by SonOfTheRisingS: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
After you finally registered fulani corrupt elements will give all your cards to their preferred candidates on your behalf.

FreeMaziNnamdiKanuNow
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Kingchineme6(m): 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
Same here in Lagos State brothers and sisters, they are all doings this to frustrate all all effort to vote for who ever that is in our mind, may God help and give us all the strength we all need in Jesus mighty name I pray......... Amen

1 Share

Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by smile14: 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
Na here our problems for start for this cun3
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by Essence20(m): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
PlayerMeji:
This is a classic case of DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE especially things written by weed people.

Going by the narrations of these people in Alaba Market in Lagos, they claimed they were attacked by Yoruba people while they were trying to grab their PVCs as if Yoruba ganged up against them.

This is Rivers State, the same kind of crowd which overstretched the staff at the registration center in Alaba, Lagos which brought about the chaos and fracas in the center in Alaba has also brought about chaos in Port Harcourt...

Now, what will they CLAIM HAPPENED HERE

Is it that Yoruba people have paid the staff here in Port Harcourt not to allow them get their PVCS or what..?

Did anybody attempt to snatch the machine here or was any one stoned as was the case in Lagos? We've brushed the issue aside, but don't make it seem it was a lie.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by PlayerMeji: 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
You have brushed the issue aside....

Okay... Let's see

Essence20:

Did anybody attempt to snatch the machine here or was any one stoned as was the case in Lagos? We've brushed the issue aside, but don't make it seem it was a lie.
Re: Voter's Card Registration In Port Harcourt - Eyewitness Report (Pictures) by delpee(f): 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2022
Many Nigerians never respond to anything until the closing date is at hand! The registration has been on since last year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu / Amaechi Searched By Lagos Airport Security (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.