Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? (1112 Views)

I'm So Insecure About My Size? / My Girl Replied Her Ex Boyfriend's Compliments Of The Season. Now She's Begging / Why Are Nigerian Ladies So Insecure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2022
There is hardly no girl on earth who is actually pretty that doesn’t feel ugly. No matter how much you complement her she will still need to hear it daily to believe to some extent. It’s an attractive people problem, it’s almost like the more people tell you that you’re good looking the more you feel ugly. I feel like a monster, and yet there is almost no day someone doesn’t compliment my appearance. I just don’t believe it for some weird reason , I guess it’s hard to think you’re anything since everyone already think it for you. I don’t know but if you’re truly attractive, the truth is you will doubt it daily. Have you seen any fine person who just goes around bragging about being so fine? Truth is they don’t really think They are no matter how many times people tell them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
Because they are human being...Sometimes it just comes with the territory along with a whole slew of other emotions...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by PerfectStranger(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Coz where your fine reach, na there another person own start.
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Jackanda1(m): 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2022
Good looking people don't carry their appearance on the head as they go about daily.
Good looks don't actually give you confidence like most people think. I have seen some ugly people who are so confidence and others who aren't. Have also seen some good looking people who have a very poor self esteem and others who are confidence. In fact good looking people don't make a fuss about their looks like most people do.

I'm summary, confidence has more to do with mental chemistry than physical endowments.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Jackanda1:
Good looking people don't carry their appearance on the head as they go about daily.
Good looks don't actually give you confidence like most people think. I have seen some ugly people who are so confidence and others who aren't. Have also seen some good looking people who have a very poor self esteem and others who are confidence. In fact good looking people don't make a fuss about their looks like most people do.

I'm summary, confidence has more to do with mental chemistry than physical endowments.

What do you mean by physical endowment?
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Demonicus: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Even tho I'm a guy but I do relate to your post Op,
Growing up I do get a lot of compliments about how attractive I look from men and women alike but I don't see the handsomeness they all fusing about lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by qtguru(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
It feels gay as a guy to keep hearing that, I prefer to hear you be chairman vs you're handsome all the time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Demonicus:
Even tho I'm a guy but I do relate to your post Op,
Growing up I do get a lot of compliments about how attractive I look from men and women alike but I don't see the handsomeness they all fusing about lol.

Lol same here bro. A lot of people think I’m very proud when I don’t act so happy that they are staring at me or complimenting me, it’s because I don’t see the beauty they are all seeing. I feel so normal and ordinary , so it’s hard for me to feel special most times and so people think that is pride

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
qtguru:
It feels gay as a guy to keep hearing that, I prefer to hear you be chairman vs you're handsome all the time.

But do you even sincerely believe them at all?
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by qtguru(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
Badboibipo:

But do you even sincerely believe them at all?

Yeah cuz not to lie, I look good, but it's weird to hear it all the time, especially as a guy unless one is vain
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Jackanda1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2022
Badboibipo:

What do you mean by physical endowment?
curves, pointed nose, pink lips, 6packs etc
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Demonicus: 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2022
Badboibipo:

Lol same here bro. A lot of people think I’m very proud when I don’t act so happy that they are staring at me or complimenting me, it’s because I don’t see the beauty they are all seeing. I feel so normal and ordinary , so it’s hard for me to feel special most times and so people think that is pride

Yo! this is so me bruh, I get the "P" word Everytime too.
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Flamemignon1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
qtguru:
I've read your dairies on this forum and sometimes the word "gay" suddenly appears even if it has no correlation with whatever you are saying, it's always I don't "look gay" or it "sounds gay" shit and it's kinda surprising because you don't live in Nigeria so I never expected that kind of mentality from you,I'm sorry to say this but it's kind off giving me "insecure in my sexuality" so you have to assert that you are not gay.
First and foremost, sexuality isn't a look,there are men more rugged than you whom are gay but people think they are straight and will tell you their sexuality if you ask,are we gonna say "those men look straight" when in actuality they are queer?

Moreover, sexuality doesn't show in faces and grooming yourself doesn't make you gay,you are straight man living abroad and I assume you have queer friends, wanting to do something but you perceiving it as gay stems from misogyny and toxic masculinity,a real man does whatever the Bleep he wants. If you want to do something and you are scared because friends and family will think it's gay,then you are completely insecure because you think that a poke in your masculine frame will make you gay but I got news for you,you are more masculine than them because you did something they are scared to do but you showed them who's boss

Finally, I think we should all normalize accepting harmless compliments from people irregardless of gender. About two weeks ago,I was face timing with four friends of mine (3 of them are straight,the last one is gay and he's the most handsome of them all, you wouldn't even know he's queer until you ask),they were in venice for a wedding,in a restaurant,I couldn't make it due to scheduling conflicts and right there on the facetime, 3 beautiful ladies approached just the gay one from their table to compliment his handsomeness,they called him a Greek Adonis and one of them even asked for his number but he declined because he's in a relationship with his bf and he's gay,they all just laughed and still exchanged numbers,he even introduced the girls to the other guys and to me on facetime.
What I'm saying is that he never lost his temper because people of the gender he's not attracted to showered him with compliments rather he accepted it and they moved on,some straight men would rain fire and brimstone on a gay man for doing that. I tell everyone in my life,from family to friends "they look good" and they are beautiful whether male, female, non binary, straight,queer etc. Saying "no homo" doesn't affirm your sexuality,it only questions it the more.

In conclusion,I'm so sorry if I offended you by writing this,I just had to let it out and even if I did, please tell me....I'm up for a civilized debate

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by qtguru(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
Flamemignon1:

I've read your dairies on this forum and sometimes the word "gay" suddenly appears even if it has no correlation with whatever you are saying, it's always I don't "look gay" or it "sounds gay" shit and it's kinda surprising because you don't live in Nigeria so I never expected that kind of mentality from you,I'm sorry to say this but it's kind off giving me "insecure in my sexuality" so you have to assert that you are not gay.
First and foremost, sexuality isn't a look,there are men more rugged than you whom are gay but people think they are straight and will tell you their sexuality if you ask,are we gonna say "those men look straight" when in actuality they are queer?

Moreover, sexuality doesn't show in faces and grooming yourself doesn't make you gay,you are straight man living abroad and I assume you have queer friends, wanting to do something but you perceiving it as gay stems from misogyny and toxic masculinity,a real man does whatever the Bleep he wants. If you want to do something and you are scared because friends and family will think it's gay,then you are completely insecure because you think that a poke in your masculine frame will make you gay but I got news for you,you are more masculine than them because you did something they are scared to do but you showed them who's boss

Finally, I think we should all normalize accepting harmless compliments from people irregardless of gender. About two weeks ago,I was face timing with four friends of mine (3 of them are straight,the last one is gay and he's the most handsome of them all, you wouldn't even know he's queer until you ask),they were in venice for a wedding,in a restaurant,I couldn't make it due to scheduling conflicts and right there on the facetime, 3 beautiful ladies approached just the gay one from their table to compliment his handsomeness,they called him a Greek Adonis and one of them even asked for his number but he declined because he's in a relationship with his bf and he's gay,they all just laughed and still exchanged numbers,he even introduced the girls to the other guys and to me on facetime.
What I'm saying is that he never lost his temper because people of the gender he's not attracted to showered him with compliments rather he accepted it and they moved on,some straight men would rain fire and brimstone on a gay man for doing that. I tell everyone in my life,from family to friends "they look good" and they are beautiful whether male, female, non binary, straight,queer etc. Saying "no homo" doesn't affirm your sexuality,it only questions it the more.

In conclusion,I'm so sorry if I offended you by writing this,I just had to let it out and even if I did, please tell me....I'm up for a civilized debate

I stay in Nigeria, I am not that liberal. To me I usually say Fortnite is gay, One Direction is gay, and wearing pink is gay. You see how I use the gay word so loosely, it's not that deep to me. It's just a toxic vulgar expression of mine.

Do I actually believe all these are gay, No but it's an expression of how not manly I find those items I am describing, you would never see me wear Pink t-shirt, even though it looks good on me, cuz that's just weird to me as a guy.

I say all these in jest and I might mean some of them sometimes

also not offended, i like how you laid out your thoughts too
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Flamemignon1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Flamemignon1(m): 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2022
qtguru:

I stay in Nigeria, I am not that liberal. To me I usually say Fortnite is gay, One Direction is gay, and wearing pink is gay. You see how I use the gay word so loosely, it's not that deep to me. It's just a toxic vulgar expression of mine.

Do I actually believe all these are gay, No but it's an expression of how not manly I find those items I am describing, you would never see me wear Pink t-shirt, even though it looks good on me, cuz that's just weird to me as a guy.

I say all these in jest and I might mean some of them sometimes

also not offended, i like how you laid out your thoughts too

Ok,I get it..... it's just your perception of things and it's subjective because perceptions are inspired by the environment we live so it's learned, it's not a bad thing as long as you don't shame other men who love those things you think are feminine because masculinity itself is subjective and so sorry for the assumption,I thought you resided in canada
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by sheanzy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 15, 2022
Flamemignon1:

gay bastard

Y'all deserve to be locked up and burnt to ashes , stupid creatures
Re: Why Do People Who Always Get Compliments Feel So Insecure? by Flamemignon1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
sheanzy:
gay bastard

Y'all deserve to be locked up and burnt to ashes , stupid creatures
LoL.... it's giving me "insecure". You just had to scream out your homophobia

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Caring Man Is Far Better Than A Handsome Man. True Or False? / Lady Narrates Her Sad Experience On How She Slept With Dog At The Pool Side / It Hurts In The Middle – British Lady Screams As She Tattoos Her P*ssy (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.