Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? (2679 Views)

8 Characteristics Of A Virtuous Woman... / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by MRC: 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2011
Pastor E.A Adeboye

Memorize: and the angel answered and said unto the women, fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus which was crucified” (Matt.28:5)

In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn to ward the first day of the week Mary Magdalene end the other Mary to see the sepulcher” (Mathew 28:1).

Over the ages, women have prove to be great assets in the Kingdom if God. After the death and burial of Jesus, most male disciples went into hiding, whereas the female disciples were out at His grave side to show that they still love Him even after death.

Read up here: http://christonline.info/blog/?p=6207
http://christonline.info
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by Sweetnecta: 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
@MRC and adeboye; « on: Today at 12:34:34 PM »
[Quote]Pastor E.A Adeboye

Memorize: and the angel answered and said unto the women, fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus which was crucified” (Matt.28:5)[/Quote]whats the name of the angel? who was the woman? who narrated the story? after all matt was not there.

[Quote]In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn to ward the first day of the week Mary Magdalene end the other Mary to see the sepulcher” (Mathew 28:1).[/Quote]this is senseless.

[Quote]Over the ages, women have prove to be great assets in the Kingdom if God. After the death and burial of Jesus, most male disciples went into hiding, whereas the female disciples were out at His grave side to show that they still love Him even after death.[/Quote]there were 12 disciples. please name all the 12. and name the women disciples from the 12. are you sure that jesus died? if he died, it means many things; his many prayers were rejected, a sign that he was not a messenger or a prophet. the prophesies that the christians use in OT about protection is false. a prophet could not be accursed, but jesus according to the bible was. the sign that he chose to give was unfulfilled [note that he did not say that he will die. he just said he will spend 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the earth]; there is no way you will get 3 nights from friday evening and sunday morning in the cave [do your own calculation]. a prophet is not a disbeliever. but when the bible recorded that jesus said to God 'why do You forsake me', that is nothing but pure disbelief.

maybe this disbelief led to his saying that he will return before the last of his disciples died. he never has returned.

maybe this disbelief is a carry over the reasons the christians think a few miracles made a man become God? maybe this is why they can't know that to calculate 3 days and 3 nights out of friday evening to sunday morning it will be impossible to do. maybe thats why they proposed that are 3 persons [personalities. there is no way 3 can be followed by singular 'noun'] in 1 God. there are many maybes.

[Quote]Read up here: http://christonline.info/blog/?p=6207
http://christonline.info[/Quote]with the lies, above what benefit is this here?
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by wetu: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2011
You are obsessed with Islam, this thread is for those who believe the gospel. There are plenty of threads for those who don't believe to debate.

I don't see why you have to turn every thread into an Islam-Christianity debate. It's not normal.
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by Sweetnecta: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wetu; what are you saying?

you mean you don't like a little dialogue? even when somebody is openly lying, you should ite your tongue and let everyone else swallow the lie?

that a bad stand to take. there is nothing noble allowing lies to become the order of the day, the norm of the society.
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by blank(f): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
SEUN, pls make a "Christianity for Christians" board where it will be Christians only and all the moderators are Christians. Tired of all these thread derailers.
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
who spoiled the world? grin

who rendered Adam useless?  angry

who initiated the swindling of Esau? grin

who made father Abraham had a son whose generation is a torn to our flesh today angry https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-718266.0.html

Let me be jor!

this women them good, them bad 2 but their bad plenty pass good cry
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by hsert(f): 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2011
Another lunatic again talking about religion. Why not go to the north to volunteer urself for the boko haram suicide bombings u decendants of Ismael.
Some people are not worth being on nairaland.
Sighs and out of here sad
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by yusuf2(m): 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^^ And how does the topic relates to what u guys are ranting about?
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by wetu: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wetu; what are you saying?

you mean you don't like a little dialogue? even when somebody is openly lying, you should ite your tongue and let everyone else swallow the lie?

that a bad stand to take. there is nothing noble allowing lies to become the order of the day, the norm of the society.

There's nothing wrong with a little dialogue but as with many other things, we should make sure it doesn't become an obsessive compulsive disorder
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2011
whats the name of the angel? who was the woman? who narrated the story? after all matt was not there.

When you were born, your father celebrated. How did he know its not your landlord? WHO WAS THERE?
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2011
@ sweetnecta
You are more deluded than your christian brother , believing and living your lives according to books which are obviously lies. Even if I were to be a ''believer'' I'd rather be a christian believer than a believer of a god ( allah ) who is a supporter of violence.
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by tEsLim(m): 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
According to the bible they where 12 inner circle disciples or apostles. Jesus Crisis disciples where in multitude a lot of them. Anyone that listen and obeyed is doctrines is a disciple. Any follower of the man Jesus. Not everyone was an apostle but the apostles where disciples too
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by femi4: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn to ward the first day of the week Mary Magdalene end the other Mary to see the sepulcher” (Mathew 28:1).
this is senseless.
It is senseless to you cos you are just a natural man and do not understand the things of the spirit

there were 12 disciples. please name all the 12. and name the women disciples from the 12
Disciples simply means follower of Christ and Jesus Christ had more than 12. The chosen twelve were only closer to him than the others. They were later addressed as the apostle of Christ after his ascension and later called Christians(i.e Christ like)

[note that he did not say that he will die. he just said he will spend 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the earth]
Can you quote precisely where this is written in the Bible?
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by slimyem: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
i never argue religion as a rule.m outta here!
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by Sike(m): 8:19am On Jul 23, 2011
femi4:

this is senseless.
It is senseless to you cos you are just a natural man and do not understand the things of the spirit

there were 12 disciples. please name all the 12. and name the women disciples from the 12
Disciples simply means follower of Christ and Jesus Christ had more than 12. The chosen twelve were only closer to him than the others. They were later addressed as the apostle of Christ after his ascension and later called Christians(i.e Christ like)

[note that he did not say that he will die. he just said he will spend 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the earth]
Can you quote precisely where this is written in the Bible?
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by beespak7(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2011
Na who give adam abacha apple chop ? lwkmd abeg fear woman ooh buhahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by FreeIndeed: 9:21am On Jul 26, 2011
Okay. . . . MRC asked "Are Women More Virtuous Than Men?" & rather than answer his question (in light of the text he provided) some nonChristians totally side-stepped his question and went WAY OFF topic onto a tangent. undecided What is wrong with you guys? Seriously. . . .

Why does almost every thread posted by a Christian turn into a debate about "Did Jesus REALLY exist?" "God doesn't exist!" "Christians are evil!" What in the name of neptune does that have to do with the topic of the thread? Nothing at all. If people want to debate the existence of God, the resurrection of Jesus Christ, etc - then create another thread, rather than hijack an unrelated thread and steer the discussion way off topic onto a tangent. Aren't there already threads about the existence of God/Jesus, the resurrection, "Christians are evil", etc? Why hijack unrelated threads and turn it into debates that have already been posted? Do people really have that BIG of a chip in the shoulder against religion (Christianity in particular) that they cannot respond to the topic of the thread?

Look, criticism of religion is justified and healthy, and I don't mind a good debate. But this constant hijacking of Christian threads and going into a tangent is some type of obsessive compulsive disorder. What if one day I decide to post a thread about the Scripture-twisting of "Touch Not God's Anointed"? I bet you 5 million dollars that some nonChristians will flock to the thread trying to debate the existence of God and so on. Totally off topic, and they can't help themselves because they have a chip in the shoulder the size of Jupiter. I can see it, and I know that many others can see it too. The comments on this thread make it plain as day.

MRC, I know that I just ranted, but I had to say something about all of these off-the-wall comments. Oh and by the way, no - women are not more virtuous than men, not even considering the passage you posted. Implying that is like a Christianized form of radical feminism@the notion that women are superior to men. They're not.
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by tpia5: 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
I wouldnt say women are more virtuous than men but they tend to be more religious than men, generally speaking.

I think it has something to do with emotions.
Re: Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2011
More virtuous, not necessarily. Less violent, definitely.

(1) (Reply)

Is It God's Will For Us To Be Rich? / Celestial Church doctrines / Christmas Day Is Pure Satanic Day (God Forgive Me, I Celebrated It In The Past)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.