Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away (63215 Views)

Senate To Reinstate Ningi As Akpabio Comes Under Pressure / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour / Ambode Arrests Soldier For Driving Against Traffic - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2022
The Senate has recommended Ejiro Otarigho, the brave tanker driver who drove a burning tanker from danger zone to avert a tragic fire incident in Agbarho, Delta State to President Muhammadu Buhari for National honour.

The Senate has also resolved to “invite Mr. Ejiro Otarigho to the Chamber of the Senate for public commendation by the President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan.

The Senate resolved to “Recommend Mr. Ejiro Otarigho to His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, for a befitting National Honour as Mr. President may deem fit for his extraordinary act of bravery, courage and skill that prevented the loss of human lives and property on a massive scale.”

Resolutions of the Senate yesterday were sequel to a motion by the Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, APC, Delta Central and co-sponsored by Senator James Manager (PDP, Delta South) and Senator Peter Nwaoboshi (APC, Delta North).

Rising under Order 45 and 52 of the Senate Standing Order 2021 (as amended), Senator Omo-Agege stressed that but for Ejiro’s courage, a major fire disaster which would have claimed several lives and property could have happened in his senatorial district.

The Deputy President of the Senate noted that Ejiro’s “extraordinary display of courage, reflex application of special driving skills, and huge risk to his own life, prevented a huge national tragedy and catastrophe by driving a burning tanker loaded with inflammable petroleum products from residential areas to safety so that thousands of our people may not die in an inferno that would also have consumed so much property in Agbarho, Delta State on Friday, June 10, 2022”.

He said that the driver’s audacious act of heroism, he stressed saved the nation from national tragedy and mourning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/senate-to-honour-ejiro-brave-tanker-driver-for-averting-catastrophe/amp/

199 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
God bless him, this country will certainly move forward if everyone is as good as Mr Ejiro.

He risked his Life for others.

Nigerians should emulate him, don't be too selfish and afraid to die for a good cause, we're all going to die someday.

I'm also ready to die for Nigeria's progress and the people I love.

526 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
Our leaders should learn from this extraordinary and patriotic man

I'm glad they are recognising him and not the usual BBnaija housemates and other depraved persons that continue to corrupt the youths

509 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by Zonefree(m): 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
One of the few courageous men on earth. God bless him abundantly.

390 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by silvoclaira: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
True Superman.
Once again, he saved the day!!

It would have been more disasterous within that area

I doff my hat for his patriotism,love

177 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by chatinent: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
How many leaders can risk their lives for the majority of citizens?

I can't find any. I only see men with protruding bellies who loot in per seconds check.

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by silvoclaira: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nice gesture

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2022
silvoclaira:

They should also drive burning truck ni?
not necessarily burning trucks, but they should exhibit his love and patriotism for Nigeria

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by silvoclaira: 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
God1000:
not necessarily burning trucks, but they should exhibit his love and patriotism for Nigeria

No patriotism or love like this man displayed in any leader in Nigeria today.
They are all greedy and selfish

18 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
chatinent:
How many leaders can risk their lives for the majority of citizens?

I can't find any. I only see men with protruding bellies who loot in per seconds check.
they will never do such thing, they don't love this country at all.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Zonefree:
One of the few courageous men on earth. God bless him abundantly.
He's truly a patriotic man

20 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
silvoclaira:
It would have been more disaster within that area
sure, he saved lives

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by abobote: 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nice one, these are the people that deserves national honour .
He put humanity first. God will continue to bless him

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by AJOBI77(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2022
I see this man cashing out massively. Congratulations to him. Thank you so much Man for saving many souls.

I doff my hat

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by Golan007: 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2022
National hero.

250 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
abobote:
Nice one, these are the people that deserves national honour .
He put humanity first. God will continue to bless him
exactly, he was ready to die for a good cause.

23 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
AJOBI77:
I see this man cashing out massively. Congratulations to him. Thank you so much Man for saving many souls.

I doff my hat
He deserves everything.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
Golan007:
National hero.
He's my new hero

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by Fasindo: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
shocked

Patriotic Nigerian

Award well deserve.

Only if Buhari would atleast be one percent patriotic as Ejiro we would not be passing through this hadship, but he is not.

If Buhari is the one driving the tanker he woudn't mind doing the opposite afterall he is for nobody

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by AllBlack: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hero

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by Occurstaem(m): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
AlhamduliLlah.
I hope it is not audio sha.
I'm happy for the man.
What an honor! For saving lives.
He is the real MVP.

14 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by Peacecore: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
May this man live a fulfilled long life.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
Fasindo:
shocked

Patriotic Nigerian

Award well deserve.

Only if Buhari would atleast be one percent patriotic as Ejiro we would not be passing through this hadship, but he is not.

If Buhari is the one driving the tanker he woudn't mind doing the opposite afterall he is for nobody
lol, the globetrotter doesn't care about anybody

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
Peacecore:
May this man live a fulfilled long life.
Amen

6 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by after4: 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
Will they learn anything good from the man.

My own be sey I am happy our rubber stamp senate president will not return to the chambers

8 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by God1000(m): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
after4:
Will they learn anything good from the man.

My own be sey I am happy our rubber stamp senate president will not return to the chambers
So Ahmed lawan isn't going back to the senate.

Well, it's good riddance to bad rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by havenz(m): 8:08am On Jun 15, 2022
Na person way get mind dey save life, Mr Ejiro is one of a kind, may your creator uplift you higher.

13 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by englishmart(m): 8:08am On Jun 15, 2022
That man was really brave. I thought I was the only brave Nigerian remaining. He deserves all the accolades he gets.

Meanwhile, dem don teargas Ahmed Lawan.

6 Likes

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by Authoreety: 8:08am On Jun 15, 2022
Smart One...

His prayers and wifes prayers have been answered....

If that truck on the pix is the truck he drove... I believe i could also perform such feat..

Lucky guy wink
(

1 Like

Re: Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away by JosephXavier: 8:08am On Jun 15, 2022
Mr Ejiro has saved more lives in a day than Buhari did in 8 years

What he did is really an act of bravery and should be rewarded

I am sure that if that truck was being driven by those Dangote Almajiri boys, he would have fled at the sight of the fire and leave the truck to wreck havoc

42 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million / Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors / President Tinubu Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.