Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead (50051 Views)

Femi Otedola Gifts All 750 Students Of Augustine University N1 Million Each / Henrietta Alokha Is Dead! The Principal Of Bethlehem Girls College Dies In Lagos / The House Wole Soyinka Lived At The OAU Campus Turned To Museum (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by tollyboy5(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Femi Soyinka not Wole Soyinka.

Even if the real Wole Soyinka dies, he won't be missed as well.
With this your comment. I will stake 5k that you're Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Updating9JA: 10:31am On Jun 15, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Fake news

ONYE ARA
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by GreyLaw(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2022
Nonexisting:
See course of study na. Na this one be the real professor for Soyinka family, not Wole who is a professor in literature. People who hold PhD in certain courses should not be parading themselves as scholars. You can't have PhD in Islamic studies and be making noise disturbing public peace. I know a guy who has PhD in igbo language that he calls himself doc and I laugh whenever I see him. One day now, I will send one of all these inquisitive small children to go and ask him the course he majored for the doc he parades himself as.

Your ignorance is alarming!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by ejimatic: 10:32am On Jun 15, 2022
treesun:

https://leadership.ng/just-in-prof-soyinka-is-dead/
It seems he was Soyinka who was with Dele Giwa when a parcel bomb exploded leading to the death of the journalist.
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2022
That's lost of an Icon.

It pains
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by MadarasBlade(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2022
Ibkhaleel01:
IS HE ALSO A CULTIST LIKE SOYINKA SNR?

Are pyrate confraternity cultists?

Stop saying what you don't know.
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by treesun: 10:36am On Jun 15, 2022
ejimatic:
It seems he was Soyinka who was with Dele Giwa when a parcel bomb exploded leading to the death of the journalist.
No Kayode Soyinka, a journalist was the one with Dele Giwa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Bahamas95(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2022
RIP to him.

DontBullshitMe:

So Femi is the fake Soyinka?

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by CzarChris(m): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2022
naijaguy1234:
Even your Achebe or whatever cannot match Soyinka brother in achievements and that’s the younger brother.

Professor Wole Soyinka is greater than Achebe anytime!
Why on Earth do you have to be tribal with everything? He never compared Soyinka with Achebe, he never spoke out of tune of being Igbo, Hausa, Ijaw, Ughrobo or even Yoruba. Why are you this insecure? Is Wole Soyinka not one of the founding fathers of Pyrates Confraternity? Which was a cult group that gave birth to the hydra-headed monster destroying the youths of today? Agreed, they probably didn't mean for it to play out this way, but it did. Even though they've stopped recruiting undergraduates, which ends the cultism narrative, but what's done is done.
So please stop this tribalism nonsense and face reality. HABA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Dscop: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Says a nonentity that's spent 4months and 22days of his useless life on nairaland posting nonsense. Your family even think you're dead.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Golan007: 10:46am On Jun 15, 2022
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by nazicartel(m): 10:47am On Jun 15, 2022
naijaguy1234:
Even your Achebe or whatever cannot match Soyinka brother in achievements and that’s the younger brother.

how do you guys sleep in the night ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by ejimatic: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2022
treesun:

No Kayode Soyinka, a journalist was the one with Dele Giwa!
Yes thank you my brother for the reminder.You are right!
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Carot: 10:50am On Jun 15, 2022
Nonexisting:
See course of study na. Na this one be the real professor for Soyinka family, not Wole who is a professor in literature. People who hold PhD in certain courses should not be parading themselves as scholars. You can't have PhD in Islamic studies and be making noise disturbing public peace. I know a guy who has PhD in igbo language that he calls himself doc and I laugh whenever I see him. One day now, I will send one of all these inquisitive small children to go and ask him the course he majored for the doc he parades himself as.
you must be mad and stupid. how dare you downgrade a renowned nobel laureate below his brother. Its obvious you don't read at all? Illiterate fool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by faceland: 10:51am On Jun 15, 2022
RIP...
Today is the first time of hearing about him

1 Like

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by cosmos1440: 10:52am On Jun 15, 2022
MadamExcellency:
These people up are lazy. They don't read before commenting.

The publication says younger brother of Prof. Wole Soyinka.

You should endeavour to read, digest and assimilate what's written before saying something.

Don't mind them jare.
They were all rushing for first to comment

1 Like

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by hotseat: 10:55am On Jun 15, 2022
SOYINKAS: A FAMILY OF ERUDITE SCHOLARS!

Death is nothing; one's impact and contribution to the overall wellbeing of humanity while alive is all that matter!

Adieu, great man of letters (Professor Femi Soyinka)!

Professor Wole Soyinka, please take heart, we are all born to die someday!

My sincere condolences to the rest of the Soyinka family!
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by c2far: 10:57am On Jun 15, 2022
Even in death, Prof. was still referred to as Soyinka's brother. He detested this while alive. He was an embodiment of achievements in his own right. It explains why Lola Shoneyin refused to bear Soyinka. Some names are made strong by some forbearers. Adieu Prof. You made your mark.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by azikiweironsi(m): 10:58am On Jun 15, 2022
Eeya!!! Great Prof. The great erudite scholar of Nigeria. Met him years back in person and I must say you will love him immediately you interact with him. Plain hearted man and highly respected individual in the committee of Profs.
Rest in Peace sir. My condolence goes to the family left behind including our Nobel Laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss. Nigeria has lost another gem.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by aribisala0(m): 11:01am On Jun 15, 2022
CzarChris:
Why on Earth do you have to be tribal with everything? He never compared Soyinka with Achebe, he never spoke out of tune of being Igbo, Hausa, Ijaw, Ughrobo or even Yoruba. Why are you this insecure? Is Wole Soyinka not one of the founding fathers of Pyrates Confraternity? Which was a cult group that gave birth to the hydra-headed monster destroying the youths of today? Agreed, they probably didn't mean for it to play out this way, but it did. Even though they've stopped recruiting undergraduates, which ends the cultism narrative, but what's done is done.
So please stop this tribalism nonsense and face reality. HABA!!!
Look at you

So you see nothing to say about what the person he quoted said? This is more important?
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by TempleHouse: 11:01am On Jun 15, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Sorry,
You’re annoyed Professor Wole Soyinka impregnated your mother and refused the paternity 37 years after due to obvious DNA reasons. Why can’t you look elsewhere for your father
For your information, Professor Wole Soyinka is an accomplished literary giant and collosus revered around the world. Even Buhari refused to abuse him despite his criticism of his government on live TV.
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by 9jaRealist: 11:03am On Jun 15, 2022
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by 9jaRealist: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2022
tollyboy5:

With this your comment. I will stake 5k that you're Igbo.

Why? Wole Soyinka spent almost 3 years in prison during the Nigerian Civil War for ‘felicitating’ with Biafrans…
>
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by uniquelyspecial(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2022
naijaguy1234:

Who gave birth to all these humans on Nairaland?

Here you go again tribalising the thread. Fighting over, and comparing two of Nigeria's greatest professors all because one is Igbo and the other Yoruba.

Shame!
I'm sure neither of you have attempted to publish an article in a journal. Even if it's watery or copy and paste.
E no go better for who do una this thing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by mozona(m): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2022
Yoruba and school!!
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by naija4life247: 11:17am On Jun 15, 2022
naijaguy1234:

I beg, don't drag Achebe into it. There are bastards in every family. Achebe was a good man, but definitely we will still have some bastards from his linage.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Goodman247: 11:21am On Jun 15, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

as they really missed anybody in this world bfor
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Goodman247: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

have they really missed anybody in this world bfor
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Kobicove(m): 11:27am On Jun 15, 2022
R.I.P to him!
Re: Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead by Beremx(f): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2022
naijaguy1234:

is this necessary?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure / Shocking Photos Of OAU Exam Hall / SHOCKING! 5 Words Nigerians Use That Actually Don’t Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.