Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure (50050 Views)

Demons In St Clairs Anglican Girls Grammar School, Offa Forced School's Closure / Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by udeadams(m): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
National Association Of Private Schools Teachers Proposed Protest On Monday

Following the notice of the proposed nationwide protest by the National Association of Private Schools Teacher issued on Thursday July 9, 2020, the self acclaimed association national chairman has called on all the private schools teachers to come out en masse in all the states of the federation for the protest.

Due to the indefinite closure of schools as a result of the covid19 pandemic, many private schools have not been able to pay their workers salaries for the last three months. This has triggered some of them to call on the government for help. They claimed the have been abandoned by the government.

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Gwagone: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
FP FOR MORE VIEWS

4 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by JAOS(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Johnjanrt: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
Fully agreed. But to what extent is the protest and what do they hope to achieve? This would have made more sense in saner climes. All the same there isn't harm in trying. All the very best to them, would have been partaker but still jobless.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by chime8(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
GOD ACTUALLY PUNISHED US WITH APC GOVERNMENT.

when GOD wants to punish a nation, HE give them evil ruler
I just pity the jobless private school teachers

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by majamajic(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
Did the school owners get school fees from students , no
That's the difference between government schools and private ,
So owners should pay from their pockets ?
That's one of disadvantages of teaching in private schools

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Deasegun19(m): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
After the protest what next...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Golan007: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Because of money you want to endanger the lives of people.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by ODJ124(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
seconded .....
I thought they were sleeping.....
u want them to die of hunger.... even countries hard hit by the virus their schools has open...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by henroo2003: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nothing will come out from this protest. All I see here is greediness on the side of the proprietors wanting to use their teachers to achieve their aim. Can't the owners of these school pay their teachers from the school fees they haven been collecting, even if it is half salary.
Secondly, I think this will be an Eye-opener for teachers not to put all their eggs in one basket. They should work on another legit source of income.

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by adeiza4u(m): 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Seconded o, else they should suspend Edo and Ondo elections too.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Daploid06(m): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
henroo2003:
Nothing will come out from this protest. All I see here is greediness on the side of the proprietors wanting to use their teachers to achieve their aim. Can't the owners of these school pay their teachers from the school fees they haven been collecting, even if it is half salary.
Secondly, I think this will be an Eye-opener for teachers not to put all their eggs in one basket. They should work on another legit source of income.

owners should pay the teachers from how much exactly do you think it's only payment of schl fees money is used for in school

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Zendinho(m): 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
Blame ADAMU ADAMU and the 19 northern Governors.

It's glaring to the eyes the bane of education in the country.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Nova1988(m): 12:35am On Jul 12, 2020
God punish all those bastard teachers.

They just want school to open because of money.

They are putting themselves before the children.

They are risking getting the deadly virus because of ordinary 30k abi 50k.

Im now convinced that Nigerian teachers are illiterates.

May Corona locate all them bitches

11 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by mannobi(m): 5:18am On Jul 12, 2020
It's not the fault of the school owners but our poor data base and selfish politicians

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by sujexy(m): 6:22am On Jul 12, 2020
henroo2003:
Insensitive Comment...
People sha

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by jplusnaira: 7:10am On Jul 12, 2020
It is very unfortunate the kind of value our leaders place on education. At least the government should have provided some palliatives for them. I mean even a 10k per month stipend would go a long way instead of just doing nothing. angry angry

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Muna4real(f): 7:18am On Jul 12, 2020
Nova1988:

Just look at what you are typing. Are other countries around the world not opening their schools? By the way , that 30k or 50k is their income. I know a widow who is struggling right now to pay her rent simply because schools are closed and she is a teacher.

117 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Muna4real(f): 7:19am On Jul 12, 2020
chime8:

What did we do that God decided to punish us? embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by wintersnow(m): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2020
Nova1988:

You must be very stupid for your senseless comment, so markets, Churches and mosques are allowed to operate fully, but not schools... What about the thousand voters that came out for the election?
Teachers have not collected salary since March, do you think it's easy for them..

7 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Uyi168: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2020
chime8:

Why does your like punishing his people?
Does he take pride in seeing his people suffer??
And when will he start punishing boko haram and co??

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by phemmyfour: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2020
Very greedy people, because of money you want to endanger people's life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Donkenny511(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Prodigee: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
So make children resume make the virus continue spread among the kids abi? Una too get sense! undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by fratermathy(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
phemmyfour:
Very greedy people, because of money you want to endanger people's life
Nova1988:

There is no doubt that there are genuine reasons why schools should be closed in Nigeria. In fact, I agree with many of the arguments that people have made to defend this. However, there are many factors that must be considered before we conclude the matter. I'll just itemise them:

1. Covid-19 has no cure or vaccine and even if one comes up tomorrow, it'll realistically take more than 3 years to reach up to 30% of the Nigerian population. Corona is here to stay. There's no future utopia where the virus magically disappears. It won't go away next year so postponing resumption of schools means postponing the inevitable. In fact, by next year, for instance, the cases may be in the millions in Nigeria. Will schools be closed forever? Or you think our insensitive government will perform some magic?

2. Social distancing doesn't work in Nigeria. I don't know about your location but in mine, people go about their normal lives and there's nothing anyone can do about it. The children are still playing with their mates every day. Parents go to work and markets and may likely import the virus to their homes.

3. Children still go to churches or mosques (which are open in most places). Religious and social gatherings are known super spreaders of the virus.

4. So far, children are nowhere near vulnerable as far as Covid-19 is concerned. While this argument can be upended, it is a strong factor nonetheless. Children are not so much in danger as their teachers and the teachers are mature enough to protect themselves adequately.

5. Students in public schools in remote and riverine areas are struggling and therefore may face certain learning challenges if they stay out of school for too long. Many may lose interest in schools altogether. I have been to these places and I know how averse they are to education. Many simply go to school because their mates are going. Should they stay home for long periods, they may likely never resume whenever schools open (which, going by the logic of some concerns, can take more than 2 years).

6. Private school teachers have not been paid for months because, unlike the public sector, they have to work before they are paid. Furthermore, many of them have been organising lessons for miserly wages (this also contradicts why schools should be closed). Indeed, many of those who want schools to remain closed have means of educating their children effectively, forgetting the fisherman's child in Oporoza who either goes to school or hunts for bait worms.

7. Once again, corona is here to stay. There are many workarounds that can be easily adopted to curtail populated classrooms. We must either accept the reality of Covid-19 or simply all remain at home - no markets, malls, churches, mosques, work etc because no one is better or worse than schools as far as the virus is concerned. If you can afford homeschooling or online learning for your children, you should definitely go for it. However, what is good for Bernard is not necessarily good for Benetutukayo and it is nobody's fault that we have an irresponsible government that can't provide adequate infrastructure for times like this.

I am a realist in matters like this but there are factors that policy makers must consider even if schools must remain closed. Until the factors are appropriately pictured, we may be doing more harm due to our inability to see the wider picture. There are reasons why the lockdown didn't last in Nigeria. These are the same reasons why schools can't remain closed indefinitely.

211 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by Openbusiness3: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
sad Na government teachers dey enjoy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by anibi9674: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
Dicey situation
Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by thesicilian: 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
henroo2003:
It is obvious you have never run a business before.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by McBrooklyn(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2020
E reach to.. Past few months must have been really tough on dem sad

7 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure by MoIbrahim: 8:45am On Jul 12, 2020
Na so so protest everywhere. Even those who have no reason to do so.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

SHOCKING! 5 Words Nigerians Use That Actually Don’t Exist / Old Man Writing JAMB In Ondo (Photos) / (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.