Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Adamix Farms - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Adamix Farms (41635 Views)

XTRALARGE Farms......who Really Knows About Them / We Can Help You to Establish Cereal, Root,Tuber and horticultural Farms . / Aroms Farms Nig Limited Back To Full Operation Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamix Farms by donvicky2007: 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2023
adamix:
All doneโœ…

How much is the cost of digging this manual borehole.
Re: Adamix Farms by OkCornel(m): 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jakumo:

You should consider milking those goats and producing cheese to sell to supermarkets. Nobody is producing goat milk in Nigeria currently, but in the USA Nigerian pygmy goats are highly regarded sources of goat's milk which is more nutritious than cow's milk. You are sitting on a gold mine, my brother, so MILK it for all it is worth.

Goats are FAR more valuable as milk suppliers than having them slaughtered for meat. I have 24 pygmy goats as I speak, but before I start milking them I will allow them all to have one birth before commencing to milk them after their second birth. I have both manual milk pumps and an electric milking machine ready to go when the time comes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR69EKkfLLk&t=13s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtO6JhW-n7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2PVyGI98hY

Hmmm! Taking notes...
Re: Adamix Farms by gbolswag(m): 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2023
Looks good

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
Elev82014:

Good job! But you better be careful before the terrorist Fulani herdsmen invade your farmland after seeing and reading this article.
imaginary fulani herdsmen wey some of Ina create... Why can't u guys grow up from bigotry... Mudslinging fulani tribe always...

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by Funflipper: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2023
adamix:
Good day everyone. I'll try to update this thread as we progress on the farm. A passionate journey for me as i embark on livestock farming, mainly goats and some cows.
As you can see, we've started some work.

Get about 5 donkeys as well to guard the goats and cows. They are very good at that.

4 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by mariahAngel(f): 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2023
Funflipper:

Get about 5 donkeys as well to guard the goats and cows. They are very good at that.

How are donkeys guard animals?
Wouldn't dogs be better?

7 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by Funflipper: 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
mariahAngel:

How are donkeys guard animals?
Wouldn't dogs be better?

Donkeys are very territorial. They will attack any predator that comes close. You can use guard dogs against thieves though.

5 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by edwardaigb: 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good one and God Bless our efforts brother.

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by Elev82014: 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
imaginary fulani herdsmen wey some of Ina create... Why can't u guys grow up from bigotry... Mudslinging fulani tribe always...

Shut the 4uck up mutha 4ucker. You just hate to hear the 4ucking truth about how evil and destructive your people are. Are these videos below imaginary? Absolutely NOT. These are the lives and properties that your brethren from the Sahel have destroyed and you have the audacity to open your mouth and talk arrant nonsense. You 4ucking M0R0N!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0mc_O5eSnQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U34nURqL0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNOI7dy3Rfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No_0tTifDrI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamix Farms by mixratio(m): 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2023
adamix:
This was my second visit to the land. Its located at ogbondoroko, kwara state.

Naija and some funny street names sha๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by Bluntemperor: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2023
adamix:

2 acres of farmland, though we took out 4 plots for the fencing. Fencing the 2 acres is quite expensive

Good.
But can't you add the cockrel, aboiler- 4mths,
You started well and you will end well and strong,ijn.
Ensure your Security is well tight.!

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by mariahAngel(f): 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2023
Funflipper:

Donkeys are very territotial. They will attack any predator that comes close. You can use guard dogs against thieves though.

Yet, here I was, thinking donkeys were meek. grin
Who woulda thought...

3 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2023
MilitantAtheist:
Nice but your profit will come at an extremely slow and lesser rate than it should be. Come to me in Delta State I will sell you broodstock so can have good fast growth rate fish for quick sales or buy Juveniles or fingerlings and get your huge profit in 4 months. I am an Agriculturist but I find cropping extremely boring, before you start getting profits from your goats or cows in 3 years Poultry/Fish farmer has made millions 3x under 1 year Nothing like livestock farming especially in fishery, rabbit and snail farming!. Look into those areas

Are you already making millions from your own line of Agriculture?

5 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by ObiaboAdoka(m): 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2023
Add sheep too they are easy to manage. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2023
Op, u don buy ya AK-47 keep 4 one side?
cool
Re: Adamix Farms by Nicenixon: 3:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
Nice one! Another smart man wey sabi.

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by DisGuy: 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2023
nice, since you have borehole, why don't you add sprinklers so the grass is always green and edible

How much is an acre in Kwara/Ilorin?
Re: Adamix Farms by DisGuy: 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2023
mariahAngel:

Do you rear the cows for milk, meat or both?

Grass fed raw cow's milk is liquid gold.
From raw cow's milk, one can produce butter, cream, cheese, among others.

By the way, I like your farm.

who is buying cow's milk in NC Nigeria especially from small farms?

2 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by IamAsiri: 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2023
dayleke:

*thinking out loud ๐Ÿค”

Maybe the Yoruba (local) name for Obuko was derived from "Buck". ๐Ÿ˜

I have a very weird sense of humor, I know...๐Ÿ˜

Maybe the white men named it like "gudududu meje" right?๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Adamix Farms by alfa666: 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2023
where are the cows?
Re: Adamix Farms by mariahAngel(f): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2023
DisGuy:

who is buying cow's milk in NC Nigeria especially from small farms?

That is because most Nigerians rarely use milk products in our cooking.
I'd totally buy raw cow's milk if I could, to make butter.
Re: Adamix Farms by pheonixdld2(m): 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wonderful work done here. I am also a goat farmer in Abuja. How much did you get your Bracharia seed? I.e price/kg.
adamix:
Day 16 of test planting our brachiaria mulato II seeds

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by Jakumo(m): 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2023
Double post
Re: Adamix Farms by ntyce(m): 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jakumo:

Your perception is not correct sir. Nigeran goats are reared EXCLUSIVELY for milk production in the USA. It is a massive industry and Nigeran goats are the all-time favorite among goat farmers there. It is so ironic that Nigeran farmers with money to waste are buying South African goats for 500k naira each when Nigeran pygmy goats can be bought young for just 12K naira each.

I said "these"...
Those in America have been genetically improved.
Those you see in America were first exported in the 80s to feed wild animals.
You can Google to find out more..

Nigerian livestocks are not traditionally good for milk.
Re: Adamix Farms by Jakumo(m): 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2023
ntyce:

I said "these"...
Those in America have been genetically improved.
Those you see in America were first exported in the 80s to feed wild animals.
You can Google to find out more..

Nigerian livestocks are not traditionally good for milk.

I will soon find out the truth about this question when I start milking my goats. Even though there may turn out to be some validity to your view that the selective breeding of Nigerian goats imported to the USA has created a significant milk productivity difference between the descendants of Nigerian goats imported to the USA, as opposed to those that never left their native homeland, I still remain guardedly optimistic in the sense that even if the milk production I record does not warrant commercial production, I will at the very least produce enough highly nutritious milk and cheese for my personal consumption with perhaps a bit left over to share with friends for free.

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by ASHLAND(m): 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lama70:

Don't forget to order dry cassava peels from me to feed your cows. Dry season is almost here and you can't bank on grasses this time.

Dry corn stems are used in USA to feed livestocks; they pack the stems after harvesting the corn and sell it to ranchers. If Nigeria ranchers can utilize that product, it will be another source of revenue for farmers and perhaps brings cordial relationship between farmers and herders.
I remember in my early days, in my fatherโ€™s farm, we usually burn off the stems.

3 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by chaberry(m): 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lama70:

Don't forget to order dry cassava peels from me to feed your cows. Dry season is almost here and you can't bank on grasses this time.
How do sell you cassava peel?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South / Bird I Caught This Morning In My Compound In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.