Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Adamix Farms - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Adamix Farms (41634 Views)

XTRALARGE Farms......who Really Knows About Them / We Can Help You to Establish Cereal, Root,Tuber and horticultural Farms . / Aroms Farms Nig Limited Back To Full Operation Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamix Farms by greenermodels: 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2023
MilitantAtheist:
Commercial Agriculture is difficult in northern areas especially the extremely lucrative Fish farming. I must have made enough millions first to ever consider rearing cattle n other Ruminants which I will realize the profits in 3-5 years time. Here in south we fish farmers realize profit almost every day and huge profit every month end. Everyday farmers order for broodstocks, fingerlings and juveniles, on the month end marketers come to buy adult fish of 1kg+ at harvest after 4 months of stocking. Northerners can't do fisheries because they don't have water, Rocky lands.
they can use tarpaulin ponds refilled from an industrial borehole.

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by TheMostComplex1: 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2023
May God bless your hustle

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by Emeka71(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
adamix:
This was my second visit to the land. Its located at ogbondoroko, kwara state.
Great outing.

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by CrownOfClay724: 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
odenkirk:
how men own these kind of things while i cant own the cheapest thing on earth
Time and effort.
You will get there.

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by Sukkyy2010: 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2023
SoftHeart:

Please kindly make an update and tag me, when you start milking the goats. I'm in the process of building a goat pen at my farm, currently I have 7 goats at the backyard farm, which I plan to move to the main farm once the pen is completed. I'm interested in milking them.

Also where can I get the milking machine and any idea of the price for both manual and electric type?

Thanks.
Before you embark milk production have acknowledge the marketability aspect of it.
Re: Adamix Farms by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2023
How much did you get your calf’s?
Re: Adamix Farms by Truthshscrazy: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2023
undecided
Re: Adamix Farms by Osasnidas(m): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2023
adamix:
Quick update.
Its been 6 months since we started this journey. We started with about 18 goats(13 does and 5 bucks).
We've had 4 deaths so far, 3 were due to administering fake PPR vaccine by a fake vet but thats behind us now.
We have 4 kids now with 5 more about to kid and the goats are doing quite well

Are these African dwarf goats?...

My grandfather use to own dwarf goats, they are quite easy to maintain and never did he one day buy drugs to treat them, dwarf goats can birth up to three kid per birth and this is directly proportional to pasture available, and they can reproduce up to 3times in 2years.

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by Smart05(m): 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2023
My friend where did you get brachiaria grass, and what price per gram of the seed. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2023
Wow. This blew up. Thank you guys for the messages , I'll do my best to reply some of the questions asked here
Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2023
Smart05:
My friend where did you get brachiaria grass, and what price per gram of the seed. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks
We got it from Fred(farming in africa guy from YouTube) in ghana. It cost me around 110k for 1kg (quality seed of mulatto II) to get it here in nigeria. Tho I've seen someone selling for around 15k per kg but of course, quality will be different and it wont be mulatto II variant. If you need their contacts, text me on WhatsApp
Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2023
OkCornel:

Good stuff brother...

You're innovative, resourceful and taking steps in the right direction.
More blessings to your efforts!

I'm considering providing financial advisory services, pro-bono.
Passionate to be a part of your success story.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
olisefom:

Good job.

I'm curious, why did you opt for this type of borehole? Any advantage? I'm working on my livestock farm too.
We considered the costs of generator and having to fuel it and repairs. I opted for the manual hand pump cos it worked well for my area and saves cost

3 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2023
Hamachi:
2022 thread in 2023 the owner has Japa
Still very much in Nigeria ma.

2 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
Clem20:

What is the land size and also like how many goat and cattle do you plan to do... Am planning to do stuff like this but land is my challenge
Size is more than 7400 square meters. We plan to have more than 200 goats at a time. We've also suspended cows for now and focused on goats
Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2023
Kemistri3:

Two arces is how many plots, boss?
16 plots here in kwara state. 50 by 100

1 Like

Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2023
teemy:

There is something from cow feces that kills off goats one by one. Makes it look like they are being poisoned. Research this before raising them together.
Thanks. We're no more raising them together for now

2 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 8:40pm On Apr 26, 2023
77up:
This is another reason to know that Nigeria youths are not lazy but only those that choose to, what we need is a government intervention. Set up SME to assist both small ,medium and large businesses with great monitoring.

Good security in place so that some unfutunate being won't just badges in there and spoil things or steal.

Well done brother, God bless you.
Hope things has been put in place against snake infraction into the garden? Those idiots can cause damage o.
Thank you sir. I've considered the snake issue but we haven't sighted any so far for the past 6 months
Re: Adamix Farms by Smart05(m): 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2023
adamix:

We got it from Fred(farming in africa guy from YouTube) in ghana. It cost me around 110k for 1kg (quality seed of mulatto II) to get it here in nigeria. Tho I've seen someone selling for around 15k per kg but of course, quality will be different and it wont be mulatto II variant. If you need their contacts, text me on WhatsApp
I searched for it, and someone said he has it at Kwara state, that he got it from Kenya brachiaria mulatto 2.he said the price is 38500 for 1kg,that they don't sell by grams, but by 1kg, but the seed was sealed, wait let me see if I can see the photo
Re: Adamix Farms by Smart05(m): 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
Smart05:

I searched for it, and someone said he has it at Kwara state, that he got it from Kenya brachiaria mulatto 2.he said the price is 38500 for 1kg,that they don't sell by grams, but by 1kg, but the seed was sealed, wait let me see if I can see the photo

Re: Adamix Farms by Smart05(m): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
[quote author=Smart05 post=122769017][/quote]
This is the photo he sent to me, he said 38500per kg. I'm setting up a goat farm. So I want buy the grass seed, but the issue is I don't know if this is the correct brachiaria mulatto 2.i want good quality grass, that will grow fast for my intensive goat farm
Re: Adamix Farms by Smart05(m): 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2023
adamix:

I need their contact, but what of if yours grows and start seedling, I buy from you, what did you think or maybe I buy the brachiaria sicker from you, when yours start growing big
Re: Adamix Farms by phr33man(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Adamix Farms by adamix(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jakumo:

You should consider milking those goats and producing cheese to sell to supermarkets. Nobody is producing goat milk in Nigeria currently, but in the USA Nigerian pygmy goats are highly regarded sources of goat's milk which is more nutritious than cow's milk. You are sitting on a gold mine, my brother, so MILK it for all it is worth.

Goats are FAR more valuable as milk suppliers than having them slaughtered for meat. I have 24 pygmy goats as I speak, but before I start milking them I will allow them all to have one birth before commencing to milk them after their second birth. I have both manual milk pumps and an electric milking machine ready to go when the time comes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR69EKkfLLk&t=13s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtO6JhW-n7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2PVyGI98hY
I might consider it when we have the WADs. We have sokoto reds currently
Re: Adamix Farms by Sukkyy2010: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jakumo:

I will soon find out the truth about this question when I start milking my goats. Even though there may turn out to be some validity to your view that the selective breeding of Nigerian goats imported to the USA has created a significant milk productivity difference between the descendants of Nigerian goats imported to the USA, as opposed to those that never left their native homeland, I still remain guardedly optimistic in the sense that even if the milk production I record does not warrant commercial production, I will at the very least produce enough highly nutritious milk and cheese for my personal consumption with perhaps a bit left over to share with friends for free.
Remember if is not making money is not making sense, the goal is to monetize the labour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South / Bird I Caught This Morning In My Compound In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.