Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? (26115 Views)

Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? / I’ll Never Betray Atiku Abubakar – Gov.alhaji Ibrahim Dankwambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Crvrider: 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
TooNoisy:

Oh, you are tired. Small discussion that does not favour Peter Obi you get tired. But you and your ilk can spend hours here and on Twitter abusing other candidates. I am ready for you all, you are just lucky I am not on Twitter.

You guys are just shouting Peter Obi up and down because you do not have any other candidate in your region worthy of any consideration. Peter Obi is as corrupt as Atiku and that is why they ran together in 2019.

Or do you now want to tell me, Peter Obi did not know Atiku was sharing dollars I 2019?

Where you this stupid in 2019 or should we judge you by how stupid you were in 2018?
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by derecho(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Never too late to change bro.
Now is the accepted time, tomorrow might be too late
lereinter:

Obi just realise is allegiance to nigeria in 2022
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by VirileNelly2420: 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
TooNoisy:
We are in the political season again and there has been lots of conversations about betrayals. However, one Interesting betrayal that I see is between Atiku and Peter Obi.

First of all, Peter Obi betrayed Ojukwu. Obi was little known before Ojukwu offered him the platform of APGA to run on. The moment Obi finished his 8 years, he ported to PDP less than one year later. Ojukwu's son publicly accused Obi of betrayal.

Obi then gets to PDP and is very fortunate that Atiku picks him as running mate in 2019. There were 3 PDP governors at the time and they were first time governors who were focused on 2nd term. So Peter Obi was chosen. Peter Obi suddenly moved from Anambra boy to national name.

Then 2022, Peter Obi decides to run against Atiku. In fareness, he knew he couldn't win but wanted to get Atiku's attention for VP. But when it was obvious no governor was with him and he was going to be disgraced, he ported to Labour Party.

In fareness, he Hs never publicly attacked Atiku. Infact, he openly congratulated Atiku when Atiku got the ticket, and even called Atiku his leader and his elder brother. Atiku has not congratulated him though.

To me, Peter Obi has betrayed Atiku just like he betrayed Ojukwu. And now, all he is doing now is to cannibalise Atiku's votes in the South East. He is just being a spoiler.
sorry but dis is the most useless stuff dat has ever graced front page.
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by VirileNelly2420: 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
TooNoisy:

Tickets are never given, people vote and votes are counted. There were delegates from the South East during the PDP convention but they voted for Wike and Atiku. Why didn't they vote Anyim or Ohanbuwa.

There were delegates from the South East in the APC convention but they voted for Amaechi. Why didn't they vote for Umahi, Nwajiuba, Onu, Okorocha or Ikeobasi?

Those are the questions that need answers. Answer those questions first.
Because dey don't have d pedigree. No need to waste vote.

Am voting Obi becos he CAN deliver our dear nation... Assuming it was Muoghalu dat got d ticket, I honestly won't vote for him.

Do u even know that southeast has a regional party. APGA...., And dey have a presidential candidate. But I honestly don't know who their flagbearer is, don't even care to know. I only care about a potential candidate.

Obi has d interest of Nigeria at heart more than most of diz old cargoes in bigger party
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by PreciousBro: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nobody in his right mind should take the OP serious. She's an Amotekun hařlõt. Just trying to stir up ethno-political banter and confusion in an attempt to cause resentment for Obi and his people by the North and indeed Atiku/PDP.

She has an avid uncanny obsession for igbos and our interest in social,political affairs. Pure envy and jealousy in her, look at her profile topics laced with enquiries about igbo matter.

Disgusting!
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by VirileNelly2420: 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
TooNoisy:

It is now you know Atiku bought delegates. When Peter Obi ran with Atiku, you and Obi did not know he shared dollars in 2019? Or you did not know Atiku shared dollars to win? But you were all Atikulating then.

Hypocrisy. When he realised he couldn't win, he ran away.
Plz Atiku just wanted to win using Obi's influence. No b today Atiku started running and failing in presidential elections ok.

So, Atiku should b greatful for Obi for mobilizing such support for him back in 2019.

U can't compare Obi's weight with that of Okowa naa...
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by okey4reel(m): 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
TooNoisy:
We are in the political season again and there has been lots of conversations about betrayals. However, one Interesting betrayal that I see is between Atiku and Peter Obi.

First of all, Peter Obi betrayed Ojukwu. Obi was little known before Ojukwu offered him the platform of APGA to run on. The moment Obi finished his 8 years, he ported to PDP less than one year later. Ojukwu's son publicly accused Obi of betrayal.

Obi then gets to PDP and is very fortunate that Atiku picks him as running mate in 2019. There were 3 PDP governors at the time and they were first time governors who were focused on 2nd term. So Peter Obi was chosen. Peter Obi suddenly moved from Anambra boy to national name.

Then 2022, Peter Obi decides to run against Atiku. In fareness, he knew he couldn't win but wanted to get Atiku's attention for VP. But when it was obvious no governor was with him and he was going to be disgraced, he ported to Labour Party.

In fareness, he Hs never publicly attacked Atiku. Infact, he openly congratulated Atiku when Atiku got the ticket, and even called Atiku his leader and his elder brother. Atiku has not congratulated him though.

To me, Peter Obi has betrayed Atiku just like he betrayed Ojukwu. And now, all he is doing now is to cannibalise Atiku's votes in the South East. He is just being a spoiler.
What is this one saying, madam go sleep u no get talk, in 2019 Obi was the best Atiku could have picked and that is what even made Atiku get the 11 million votes he got. Obi is a credible and competent candidate and has given us an alternative to PDP and APC if not a lot of Nigerians will not be looking forward to next year's election. So look for something else to say
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by OmoAkin85: 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Omo ale ni Baba n la Baba e.
Poverty is prevalent in your DNA hence your unborn generations are destined for more poverty and gullibility. Oloriburuku omo monkey. Na sango ho kee you.
Suffer is written over ur destiny ,i no get talk to waste untop physcopat like you,
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Princeaniemeka: 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
[quote author=TooNoisy post=113824411]We are in the political season again and there has been lots of conversations about betrayals. However, one Interesting betrayal that I see is between Atiku and Peter Obi.

GOAT...
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Dayvidblue: 4:32am On Jun 17, 2022
What many folks fail to realise is that respect and loyalty should under no condition be eternal. It is more like a paycheck, and should be constantly earned. The moment you cease to earn it, you lose the right to demand it.

Do not let primitive loyalty becloak your reasoning, the Forthcoming election is not about any single person's ambition, no! it is about what we Nigerians as a people want. It is about our aspiration for a better tomorrow. That tomorrow that we want for our children and their children after them.

The question here should be, "is Atiku deserving of Peter Obi's loyalty"?
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 17, 2022
I totally disagree to the writer. Only but just a few politicians have not moved from one party to another. So how did he betray Atiku for moving to a different party?

Nigerians have realised that the best way to solve Nigeria problem is by given leadership based on merit and age plays an important role in leadership. I don't condemn any presidential aspirants but based on certain factors such as age, experience, knowledge, and performance, Peter Obi is the best. I rather waste my vote for a competent candidate than voting for those that are suppose to be in their retirement homes or nursing homes. Age plays an important role in our lives and on what we can actually do. Nigeria needs a capable hand NOW!!!. Not only that a competent leader will bring a better governance, they will also make the life of our older seniors better. Nigerians, make use of your brain for once, look at how things are been done in other countries, why are we like this even though with all the technocrats and professionals we got but our mindset is far from reality. My fellow Nigerians, whether you are Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Ijaw, Ibibio, party or no party, make research, vote credible candidate and let make Nigeria work for all of us. Me and my whole family will be voting for PO as he is the best candidate at the moment and I urge everyone of you to do the same and lets make Nigeria a better place to live again.
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 17, 2022
derecho:
Peter Obi can betray him a million times for all I care.Peter Obi's allegiance is to Nigerians.

Unlike Tinubu who betrayed the Southwest to please just 11Northern governors, Obi thinks Nigeria first.

We are even lucky to still have people like him. If we miss this opportunity, it might not come that soon. Remember, Peter Obi was not interested in this presidency thing, it was people that have pressurised him to contest in order to help put Nigeria back to the league of nations. He have said it many times that he is not desperate to rule Nigeria but desperate to make Nigeria work. We are suppose to be helping this guy to help us not criticism because of political affiliation, religion or tribe. Lets take our destiny in our hands and forget about relying on our politicians for livelihood. They collect huge amount of money from Abuja and share little to the electorate but if we put a good leader, our lives will be better and we will not have any reason to rely on politicians any more and insecurity will be reduced.
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by lereinter(m): 6:15am On Jun 17, 2022
derecho:
Never too late to change bro.
Now is the accepted time, tomorrow might be too late

Change to what na

Drop tribal sentiments

I'm adult to know that obi lp can't win a presidential election in 2023

You people are just ignorantly working for the fierce satanic party apc
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by derecho(m): 7:23am On Jun 17, 2022
You better leave your pessimism.
The meat of the matter is PDP and APC are the same and have been rejected.
Not all adults appreciate issues and want a change of the status quo especially if they are part of the rot
lereinter:

Change to what na

Drop tribal sentiments

I'm adult to know that obi lp can't win a presidential election in 2023

You people are just ignorantly working for the fierce satanic party apc
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by derecho(m): 7:25am On Jun 17, 2022
No mind all those dirty politicians that thrive in corruption.
Mapple90:

We are even lucky to still have people like him. If we miss this opportunity, it might not come that soon. Remember, Peter Obi was not interested in this presidency thing, it was people that have pressurised him to contest in order to help put Nigeria back to the league of nations. He have said it many times that he is not desperate to rule Nigeria but desperate to make Nigeria work. We are suppose to be helping this guy to help us not criticism because of political affiliation, religion or tribe. Lets take our destiny in our hands and forget about relying on our politicians for livelihood. They collect huge amount of money from Abuja and share little to the electorate but if we put a good leader, our lives will be better and we will not have any reason to rely on politicians any more and insecurity will be reduced.
Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:43am On Jun 17, 2022
NnamdiN:
as much as I disagree with you, it's still very simple.
Vote him and I'll vote Obi. Win Win right?

there are plenty yoruba people supporting Obi too. Most of these ones online are paid agents. No be fight sha
Trying to force your choice of candidate on others is where I have a problem with you people. For me and most of us Tinubu is by better in every sense. Governance is not all about trying to appear poor in public. When some of chose to support Tinubu you say we are paid agents. And you want me not to see that you are an ethnic champion. For your info am neither yoruba obi nor hausa. And Tinubu is my choice

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? by lereinter(m): 8:27am On Jun 17, 2022
derecho:
You better leave your pessimism.
The meat of the matter is PDP and APC are the same and have been rejected.
Not all adults appreciate issues and want a change of the status quo especially if they are part of the rot

how can you say apc and pdp are the same

Go and do a open minded comparison and contrast

The lp you are emphatic about haven't even ruled before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Not Signatory To Campaign Account - Aisha Yesufu Tells Olunloyo / Getting Replacement For Lai Mohammed, Difficult – Oyegun / Presidency Denies Favouring North, Muslims In Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.