Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance (9807 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree / Should I Continue Studying Medicine In Nigeria Or Should I Start Afresh Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by osazsky(m): 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
KmniAutos:

I get you although this is a different case here.

Most of us Traders don't hold Bitcoin , we Trade it, just like the way bereau D Change guys do their thing with life currency,so we only deal at what ever current market value and make our own little gain then move on.
if u fall into this category its ok then.may God bless ur legitimate huzzle
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by okuta007: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
KmniAutos:

When it's low is the best time to buy, a lot of people who loses money are just one sided in their complain, because they would never tell you when they gain money either.

guy do you know the feds has warned crypto investors here that most of the investors are heading to lose probably 100% of their investment soon? the US economy in under water - inflation everywhere, gas price hikes, increased interest rates, all indices are pointing to a massive recession - CEO of JP Morgan is predicting a monumental economic catastrophe coming like a hurricane and you are here asking for Crypto exchange trade, hmmm - no be lie, pesin never die for your neck before - joor go look for something else to do - for now leave crypto alone except you are a scammer or simply ignorant of whats going on!
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Jeffyblaq(m): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Built2last:
I spent years working in a bank. There is no job security in banking in Nigeria.

I am sure you know colleagues who were abruptly fired because the bank needs to shed off overload and stay in profit.

Keep your job at the bank and get all the necessary qualifications.

Go into HR but above all, if you are a young man, work hard and leave the country. Naira has lost value. Your 450k is less than 800 dollars.

Opportunities abound for professionals abroad depending on the country and if you are not lazy.

Get any western country passport. That passport takes you to 150 countries of the world with no visa. The world becomes your parish. You can move around and find opportunities.

Except a miracle happens in 2023 and we elect a good leader. Another 8 YEARS of APC will send Nigeria to dark ages.

People don't understand what bad leadership does.

Let me explain,

If you were 22 when Buhari took over, you will be 30 years when he is leaving office. If another useless leader takes over, that's another 8 years. you will be 38. Literally half of your life gone.

Good luck in your quest to succeed. I was in your shoe 12 years ago. Be determined, keep your hands clean and you will kiss poverty good bye.
Preach on buddy.

MA folks must get sense by force

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by KmniAutos(m): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2022
osazsky:
if u fall into this category its ok then.may God bless ur legitimate huzzle

Amen and you too JB
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Bbbw: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hard
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by crowther15(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
Falseprofet2:
What role are you in currently in Finance?

I will advice to Stay in the position you are in
Add strategy to your portfolio
Finance especially if you relocate to Canada is viable compared to HR as you will have to learn the local laws and regulations but finance all over is similar
Strategy in what sense, could you shed more light? Thanks
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by biggieman1: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
alizma:

That is job with experience, probably he started with 150k and grew on the job over the years
You are right. I started with something like that.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by MakeMoves: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
550 to 290? Else your savings are substantial, high pay. There is no job security anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by biggieman1: 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
Falseprofet2:
What role are you in currently in Finance?

I will advice to Stay in the position you are in
Add strategy to your portfolio
Finance especially if you relocate to Canada is viable compared to HR as you will have to learn the local laws and regulations but finance all over is similar
Bank.
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by biggieman1: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
Built2last:
I spent years working in a bank. There is no job security in banking in Nigeria.

I am sure you know colleagues who were abruptly fired because the bank needs to shed off overload and stay in profit.

Go into HR but above all, if you are a young man, work hard and leave the country. Naira has lost value. Your 450k is less than 800 dollars.

Opportunities abound for professionals abroad depending on the country and if you are not lazy.

Get any western country passport. That passport takes you to 150 countries of the world with no visa. The world becomes your parish. You can move around and find opportunities.

Except a miracle happens in 2023 and we elect a good leader. Another 8 YEARS of APC will send Nigeria to dark ages.

Let me explain,

If you were 22 when Buhari took over, you will be 30 years when he is leaving office. If another useless leader takes over, that's another 8 years. you will be 38. Literally half of your life gone.

Good luck in your quest to succeed. I was in your shoe 12 years ago. Be determined, keep your hands clean and you will kiss poverty good bye.
Thank you bro
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Queenstores: 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2022
Built2last:
I What are the processes in getting Western countries passports?
spent years working in a bank. There is no job security in banking in Nigeria.

Let me explain,

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by biggieman1: 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
Beatswim:
Starting a new career now is too late for you here in Nigeria as u plan to gather funds to japa.. Your current pay now could easily allow you to save and do exploits abroad...no future in this country bro
Thank you for your advice.
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by viccozy(m): 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
My take is this.

Scout for remote HR roles even if the pay is 70k. combine that with your current job and before you know it, the needed exposure is gathered.

I wouldn't advise you to leave the Finance sector yet because you need to to have a considerable amount of experience in HR to earn what you currently get. except there is a percentage increase upon confirmation.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Lukmanraji(m): 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
I'd advise you to keep your current role as a finance person. Meanwhile, can u please give me an update about Unilag master degree.
How is the school fee for full time and part-time and also how is the lecture time table for full-time like? Do they receive lectures everyday?
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by whomovemycheese: 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2022
Where una d see this job from na grin

Hello Nairalanders. Are you into agriculture or you're interested in the industry? I am conducting a survey to improve the User experience of customers on an Agritech application. If you would love to participate in the interview, feel free to fill the form.

Just 2 mins wink

https://forms.gle/oW6fyf5aLpFDWYxGA
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by SmartyPants(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2022
biggieman1:
Hi,

I am currently working in the Financial sector earning about N430k and expecting upward increase to N550k plus in November 2022.

Since 2019, I have been trying to switch to HR. I have written CIPM and became an Associate Member. I am also running a Master's program in Unliag in Industrial and Labour Relations (HR). I currently have an opportunity to switch to HR consulting (entry level position with monthly net of about 240k) in one of the big 4.

I have tried to switch to HR as an Experienced hire in the past but I always get regret mails because of lack of HR experience.

I have plans to japa from the country by next year by God's grace and will love to have HR experience before I do but the pay is discouraging as I need to gather as much money as possible

Should I stick to my current job or pick the HR entry level job? What would you advise?

But you haven't yet explained why you want to move to HR. That's the most important thing.

You clearly want it badly, and have been pursuing it but no one will give you an opening at the experienced level. If you really want HR for a good reason then you have to know that you either start at the entry level or start your own HR consultancy.

2 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 1.
Rule 2.

1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members
You only show up when others give him a test of his on medicine.
Pray, where are you when he also makes disparaging comments on others?
Oh, you want to tell me he doesn't?
Please go and sit down, we know you are probably another one of his many aliases such as ILoveDemManna etc
NLPolice ko, Navy Ni?

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Falseprofet2: 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
crowther15:

Strategy in what sense, could you shed more light? Thanks
I meant business strategy
There are different certification
This is one of many- https://www.thestrategyinstitute.org/business-strategy-certifications
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Acidosis(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
KmniAutos:
This is the best time to buy Bitcoin

Whatsapp for good deals

LMAO grin grin
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Acidosis(m): 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2022
It's not too late to change jobs/career. Just do what you have to do and stay happy. You've got only few years left before your permanent termination letter (retirement).
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by odaniel1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
Advance in Finance and make more money abroad. You heard someone up there, finance is the same all over.
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by KillerBeauty(f): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2022
idu1:
You want your earnings to reduce drastically because you must work as HR?

The country you want to japa to finance jobs are not available there?

Gbam
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by gratefulheart(m): 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2022
Finance is more prosperous than HR. Finance will give you alot of leverage to move than HR. You can become the MD of the bank or other bank or CFO of a multinational or international company if you're a chartered accountant. So go for your ICAN. The best CIPM can give you is head or director of HR you can never be MD of a bank or multinational or international company or CFO with CIPM except you want to start your own HR company.

Stay where you are do your ICAN and do your master degree. You will thank me later.

biggieman1:
Hi,

I am currently working in the Financial sector earning about N430k and expecting upward increase to N550k plus in November 2022.

Since 2019, I have been trying to switch to HR. I have written CIPM and became an Associate Member. I am also running a Master's program in Unliag in Industrial and Labour Relations (HR). I currently have an opportunity to switch to HR consulting (entry level position with monthly net of about 240k) in one of the big 4.

I have tried to switch to HR as an Experienced hire in the past but I always get regret mails because of lack of HR experience.

I have plans to japa from the country by next year by God's grace and will love to have HR experience before I do but the pay is discouraging as I need to gather as much money as possible

Should I stick to my current job or pick the HR entry level job? What would you advise?

2 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by oluwatoyosi8755: 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
YesYes...
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Olawalelotito(m): 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Uhmmm...!
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Prof4lord: 4:48am On Jun 16, 2022
I need past questions on NNPC science quiz competition
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Olayetan(m): 6:31am On Jun 16, 2022
abobote:
You want to leave 430k upgrade to 550k and switch to 240k.
Are you okay?

If you understand OP very well, its not about the earnings, its about the career path opens to more opportunities in other countries.

Working for 1 of the big four will boost OP career and can easily work for any country outside Nigeria and he can easily Japa also to a better country having experience with 1 of the big four.

OP is thinking ahead and looking at the opportunities he will get in future working for 1 of the big four.

If OP should save and runz the japa process with money without adequate employable experience, he may waste the money on the process but with Big 4 experience, he may not even spend a dime and he may get offer from oversea country to come work for them while they process his japa with his family if he has one....
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by crowther15(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2022
Falseprofet2:

I meant business strategy
There are different certification
This is one of many- https://www.thestrategyinstitute.org/business-strategy-certifications
Thanks for sharing.......... Although, I'm about to start one which is Professional Certification in Business Administration. This might not be a business strategy course.... but I would love to hear from you about what you think. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? / The Nairalife Of A Struggling Creative Who Is Racing Against Time / Setting Up Law Firm In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.