Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance (9812 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree / Should I Continue Studying Medicine In Nigeria Or Should I Start Afresh Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by StrikeBack(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
You just want to end up being an average individual.
It’s better you start using all your money to play bet9ja and baba ijebu

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Naturalobserver(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
In DMX's voice
" We not going anywhere we right here"
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Idotoba(m): 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2022
Just maintain the lane
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by PavillionEnergy: 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:

[s]Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 1.
Rule 2.

1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members
[/s]

Bleep off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by teejet: 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2022
What's all these weird responses all about?

He's asking for advice and all you have to say is

Hmmmmmm!

OK!

Seen!

Alright!

Smmmhh
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Kobicove(m): 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why would you want to leave Finance for Human Resources?

For your info most jobs in HR are deadend jobs! undecided
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Nameflow(m): 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
stay where you are!!!!!!
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by abobote: 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
You want to leave 430k upgrade to 550k and switch to 240k.
Are you okay?

3 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by alizma: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
FixxNigeria23:
"where una dey see this kind job" crews will soon arrive
That is job with experience, probably he started with 150k and grew on the job over the years
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by tweakdude1: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
biggieman1:
Hi,

I am currently working in the Financial sector earning about N430k and expecting upward increase to N550k plus in November 2022.

Since 2019, I have been trying to switch to HR. I have written CIPM and became an Associate Member. I am also running a Master's program in Unliag in Industrial and Labour Relations (HR). I currently have an opportunity to switch to HR consulting (entry level position with monthly net of about 240k) in one of the big 4.

I have tried to switch to HR as an Experienced hire in the past but I always get regret mails because of lack of HR experience.

I have plans to japa from the country by next year by God's grace and will love to have HR experience before I do but the pay is discouraging as I need to gather as much money as possible

Should I stick to my current job or pick the HR entry level job? What would you advise?

Stick to your current job only move to HR if the pay is higher and comfortable ooooo.
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Pootle: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
you earn that much and you wan japa...abeg go this month make we wey dey here collect your space

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Rexymania(m): 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
Alright
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by tweakdude1: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
abobote:
You want to leave 430k upgrade to 550k and switch to 240k.
Are you okay?

When a man wakes up from his sleep that's his good morning. The guy is still sleeping.
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by sannirules(m): 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2022
Forget HR. They get fired first whenever a company is having financial issues, and they trying to downsize. Secondly stay in naija, unless u already have a job offer overseas that comes with great benefits.
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by ibechris(m): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Save your money and invest well.

Japa all the time,una no dey tire.

Na so the job full for abroad and yet homeless people full America and Canada.
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Richy4(m): 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
grin grin grin
I am happy you got those regret letters so that u will know how it feel... When you become one of them now, u will start sending those annoying regret letters with reckless abandon.. Forgetting how it feels like smiley
Anyways, u have a goal which is to have an experience of HR. The big 4 organisation will make your CV look wonderful... There's no age limit in switching career.. just do what makes you happy.. all the best...

3 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by okuta007: 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
KmniAutos:
This is the best time to buy Bitcoin

Whatsapp for good deals

DEM SEND U COME ? abi money people don lose never do ona? grin
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by KmniAutos(m): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
okuta007:

DEM SEND U COME ? abi money people don lose never do ona? grin

When it's low is the best time to buy, a lot of people who loses money are just one sided in their complain, because they would never tell you when they gain money either.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by okuta007: 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
Kobicove:
Why would you want to leave Finance for Human Resources?

For your info most jobs in HR are deadend jobs! undecided

no mind am - by 2025, 80% of world wide HR jobs will be automated - log in bla bla bla - auto back ground check - auto everything

then you will be hit by cyber-cyclical unemployment grin
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by newoffer: 4:26pm On Jun 15, 2022
You need to go on leave first. With technology finance company everywhere u wan go suffer as HR. U need rest
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by airsaylongcome: 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2022
Finance by a mile

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by VeryWickedGoat: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
PavillionEnergy:
shocked

What is vulture griller doing on this thread?

Calm down, I will handle him.

post=113830896:

Alaye, show fest. I wan reason you

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by osazsky(m): 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
FixxNigeria23:
"where una dey see this kind job" crews will soon arrive
spend less time arguing on nl...work on yourself.there are opportunities everywhere oga..moreover 400k is small in this our current nigeria
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by osazsky(m): 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
KmniAutos:
This is the best time to buy Bitcoin

Whatsapp for good deals

food nor dey house u they talk of useless bitcoin scam shift
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by abbey621(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
When you eventually get abroad, you'll realize HR field is rubbish! With finance you can branch into several dynamic fields like auditing, governance, project management etc. With HR you are severely limited, the hours are long, the pay is average unless you take on additional responsibilities.

If your plan is to truly jaapa, stick to finance, it has a brighter career path!

4 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by NaijaCars4sale: 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
Both are great
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by KmniAutos(m): 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
osazsky:
food nor dey house u they talk of useless bitcoin scam shift

JB furniture, you do your business on Nairaland, what's the fuse interfering with other people's businesses?
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by osazsky(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2022
KmniAutos:

JB furniture, you do your business on Nairaland, what's the fuse interfering with other people's businesses?
run away from bitcoin..its dead..thank God i dodge a bullet..i always tell people all these online stufff..coin....forex...plc ultimate binance is not something u can rely on...u will lost everythinh in 5 seconds

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by KmniAutos(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2022
osazsky:
run away from bitcoin..its dead..thank God i dodge a bullet..i always tell people all these online stufff..coin....forex...plc ultimate binance is not something u can rely on...u will lost everythinh in 5 seconds

I get you although this is a different case here.

Most of us Traders don't hold Bitcoin , we Trade it, just like the way bereau D Change guys do their thing with life currency,so we only deal at what ever current market value and make our own little gain then move on.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by TheGuyFromHR: 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
biggieman1:
Hi,

I am currently working in the Financial sector earning about N430k and expecting upward increase to N550k plus in November 2022.

Since 2019, I have been trying to switch to HR. I have written CIPM and became an Associate Member. I am also running a Master's program in Unliag in Industrial and Labour Relations (HR). I currently have an opportunity to switch to HR consulting (entry level position with monthly net of about 240k) in one of the big 4.

I have tried to switch to HR as an Experienced hire in the past but I always get regret mails because of lack of HR experience.

I have plans to japa from the country by next year by God's grace and will love to have HR experience before I do but the pay is discouraging as I need to gather as much money as possible

Should I stick to my current job or pick the HR entry level job? What would you advise?

Stay where you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Nairalife Of A Struggling Creative Who Is Racing Against Time / Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? / Setting Up Law Firm In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.